Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Cojawfee posted:

Maybe Lego was able to convince them to do prints. I think the reason for stickers on the F40 was because Ferrari wasn't happy with the low detail of prints for the logo.
It's likely it was the other way around. Someone with much more internal LEGO knowledge than me believes that it was a stipulation from Ferrari, as xzzy and tuo speculated above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

Taeke posted:

Got an email at 1.30am that the Horizon set was back in stock (in the Netherlands) and got out of bed to order it, and I saw this morning that my order was confirmed!

It's now 7.50am and already out of stock again.

I really hope its success means they'll do more Horizon sets.
https://www.hetdeensesteentje.nl/nl/cms/nieuwsbrief-ontvangen/
They do pre-orders for almost all new sets way cheaper than Lego. I got the Tallneck for 68 euros a day after the original release date. Right now they take pre-orders for a bunch more sets including Optimus Prime for 142 euros. Thats 30 bucks cheaper than Lego.com.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Skios posted:

That 1x1 stud with the small Ferrari logo on the side has been used in two other Speed Champions Ferrari sets, 75890 (2019) and 76895 (2020). Interestingly, both the earlier sets have both the standard 1x1 red plate and the printed version. I guess this is some sort of optimisation in the packaging process. I'm just grateful we don't have to sticker those bits.

Looking forward to the next Botanicals set with Ferrari printed frogs

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Looking forward to the next Botanicals set with Ferrari printed frogs

"it's the only wy to get the angles on the side-view mirrors!"

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

engessa posted:

https://www.hetdeensesteentje.nl/nl/cms/nieuwsbrief-ontvangen/
They do pre-orders for almost all new sets way cheaper than Lego. I got the Tallneck for 68 euros a day after the original release date. Right now they take pre-orders for a bunch more sets including Optimus Prime for 142 euros. Thats 30 bucks cheaper than Lego.com.

Bookmarked that, thanks. I'll still be picking up the Starry Night from Lego.com for the GWPs, but definitely good to have in the future.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
I just finished building the Sonic set and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Hell of a lot more fun than any of the Mario builds.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

When I was a kid everyone loved stickers you get a sticker book and you put your stickers in it and you trade stickers with your friends but I look in here and it’s just everyone bitching about stickers like they’re bad what happened to you

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

when you're a kid you don't really care how straight your stickers go on.

really we should just go back to that, blindly slap stickers on lego sets and bask in the results

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So they’ve done a Pirates throwback set and now they’re doing Castle and Space. Adventurers next?

The Voice of Labor posted:

really we should just go back to that, blindly slap stickers on lego sets and bask in the results

Honestly I’m quite impressed how straight the stickers from my childhood are

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Voice of Labor posted:

Take it a step further: stickers on multiple pieces.

We need more sticker placements like the airport shuttle.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

When I was a kid everyone loved stickers you get a sticker book and you put your stickers in it and you trade stickers with your friends but I look in here and it’s just everyone bitching about stickers like they’re bad what happened to you

I don't mind them most of the time. Every now and then you screw one up and it's annoying but usually putting them on is easy. Tbh I feel like 90% of it is people feeling like prints drive up the collectability of their sets and 10% is actually the peril of stickers.

Although it really is kind annoying I guess, like you can absolutely whale on some $200-$800 set and get a sticker sheet while some random $20 set get multiple elaborate, exclusive prints and idgi.

The only stickers I'm really sick of is canopies for cockpits and windshields and stuff. just print those. Star Wars UCS is especially bad about this. The X-Wing has this hideous trans/print sticker that makes the windscreen part look like rear end, Snowspeeder and A Wing have 3-5 stickers on one part, The Y Wing just reuses the printed system scale y wing and has you put more stickers on it (that set should have had a new windscreen)...

Bu then its like hey heres a cheap set we did this print for it

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

Is there a set time these new releases drop? Hoping to pick up the Starry Night set but I don't know when I need to be looking.

Edit: nvm, it went live for me at midnight PST.

Harvey Baldman fucked around with this message at 08:23 on May 25, 2022

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
After the mess with the Tallneck, I decided to take no chances and stay up to order the Starry Night at midnight. I assumed that it would become available at midnight GMT +1, but it wasn't until 1:05 AM (five past midnight, GMT). It feels really erratic as to when exactly sets go on sale.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Skios posted:

After the mess with the Tallneck, I decided to take no chances and stay up to order the Starry Night at midnight. I assumed that it would become available at midnight GMT +1, but it wasn't until 1:05 AM (five past midnight, GMT). It feels really erratic as to when exactly sets go on sale.

I'm also in Europe and I was waiting for the Tallneck at midnight of the release day and I can tell you that the Tallneck also went online at 1 AM CEST. It seems that this is consistent at least for now.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

RatHat posted:

So they’ve done a Pirates throwback set and now they’re doing Castle and Space. Adventurers next?

Fabuland! Please be Fabuland!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
New Star Wars Brickheadz dualpack announced. Probably available tomorrow due to some Star wars event

MarxCarl posted:

Fabuland! Please be Fabuland!

I'm not so sure about that one

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Obviously they need to bring back M:Tron but based on their timeline that might not be for another 5-10 years.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I hate stickers because my kid rips his sets apart after building them, then rips off the stickers too. The downside though is pieces like that spy shark, he refuses to ever use

Do you think the starry night set will still be available for order around Christmas? Wondering if I should get it for my spouse or not and don't want to decide yet.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

mastershakeman posted:

Do you think the starry night set will still be available for order around Christmas? Wondering if I should get it for my spouse or not and don't want to decide yet.

Based on previous Ideas sets I'm guessing it won't retire until the end of 2023 at the earliest.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
My hands shake from age and substance abuse when I was younger and anxiety when I was still this age. Painting models is out of the question, which is why I enjoy Lego so much now. Kinda wish I had picked two different kits to start with though (the McLaren was first)

Even with everything working against me, the only crooked sticker is on the front of the McLaren, under the nose so you can barely tell. There was one sticker on the back of the Ferrari that didn't make it on, but it is very thin and completely unnoticeable.

It feels like I picked the entirely wrong kits and it still turned out well, despite my best efforts.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

Unless it's out of stock, sure! Unless it's some limited seasonal item, like an advent calendar or something, almost everything is around for like a year and a half or more.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I have these meories as a kid of running my thumb over stickers that are peeling on the edges and it's awful.
Like those explorians with the dino fossles never stuck.
The holo on the dishes though did so lego is a land of contrasts.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Flyinglemur posted:

My hands shake from age and substance abuse when I was younger and anxiety when I was still this age. Painting models is out of the question, which is why I enjoy Lego so much now. Kinda wish I had picked two different kits to start with though (the McLaren was first)

Even with everything working against me, the only crooked sticker is on the front of the McLaren, under the nose so you can barely tell. There was one sticker on the back of the Ferrari that didn't make it on, but it is very thin and completely unnoticeable.

It feels like I picked the entirely wrong kits and it still turned out well, despite my best efforts.

Starting with Technic is unquestionably bold, but like your said, they look great! If fine motor skills are an issue, I'd probably avoid the Architecture line, but you've got plenty of options.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

GlenMR posted:

Starting with Technic is unquestionably bold, but like your said, they look great! If fine motor skills are an issue, I'd probably avoid the Architecture line, but you've got plenty of options.

Way ahead of you about the architecture line, but not because of my hands lol. I'm going to stick to cars. I'm going to stick to cars. I'M GOING TO STICK TO CARS

sorry, I have to keep repeating it

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Flyinglemur posted:

Way ahead of you about the architecture line, but not because of my hands lol. I'm going to stick to cars. I'm going to stick to cars. I'M GOING TO STICK TO CARS

sorry, I have to keep repeating it

LOL I said that with Star Wars sets ages ago, and WELP I get a lot more than just Star Wars sets now. Best of luck reigning in your temptation, ha.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

When I was little I put the garage door sticker to the M.A.S.K. Boulder Mountain Playset on upside down and it haunts me to this day.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Anyone in here run a bricklink store? I need to downsize a little bit and I'm curious how miserable the experience is. I don't have anything rare or in demand.. just need to figure out the easiest way to offload unwanted sets and am curious how fast stuff tends to move.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

xzzy posted:

Anyone in here run a bricklink store? I need to downsize a little bit and I'm curious how miserable the experience is. I don't have anything rare or in demand.. just need to figure out the easiest way to offload unwanted sets and am curious how fast stuff tends to move.

If you have any licensed sets/modulars you can put them on Facebook marketplace and they'll likely be gone within a week, and possibly don't need to ship either.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is it possible to get Starry Night in stores today, or is it just an online-only thing until it’s actual release date?

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is it possible to get Starry Night in stores today, or is it just an online-only thing until it’s actual release date?

I purchased it about two hours ago when my closest store opened.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

xzzy posted:

Obviously they need to bring back M:Tron but based on their timeline that might not be for another 5-10 years.

I personally want Blacktron for the 6981 Aerial Intruder, that was my favorite set when I was a kid.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Do Brickheads always use prints? I have use for those bits on Vader if so.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lizard Combatant posted:

The belt ones look like stickers at least

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Skios posted:

I randomly woke up 10 minutes before midnight and got on 5 min before and it was live. No clue

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Siroc posted:

I purchased it about two hours ago when my closest store opened.

You just flash your VIP card and ask for it?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Lizard Combatant posted:

Yes, always prints. No stickers yet to date that I'm aware of.

Re: stickers, I just dislike them ideologically. I have no issue actually doing stickers during a build, it's whatever. But it clashes with what LEGO is trying to be. If you move some pieces around on a set, it's not wrong, it's just different. Customized, or a MOC even. That's good! You can put pieces together however you want and that's OK. Stickers, however, can be placed incorrectly. It can even ruin them. That just kinda sucks, and is antithetical to the LEGO play experience. I don't sit here and rally too hard against stickers, but on a super deluxe premium product, it's definitely preferable to get prints. I know they cost more. I'm willing to pay it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Lizard Combatant posted:

Good news - they're printed pieces.

Found the instructions on the Lego site here.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/JediInsider/status/1529529124544339968

https://twitter.com/JediInsider/status/1529521186774077440

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Getting strong Krennic Shuttle vibes off that Inquisition vehicle, which rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

VaultAggie posted:

Getting strong Krennic Shuttle vibes off that Inquisition vehicle, which rules.

My thoughts exactly. I missed Krennic's shuttle because I took a temporary leave of my sense when it came to Rogue One lego sets, deciding I wasn't interested, but got lucky later managing to get a basically new U-Wing for €25. This should hopefully fill that 'black shuttle' void.