Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The mega pipebomb is awesome. Sucks that you miss out on extra fragments taking it, but tbh only the ones that give melee energy and radiant buffs are great for hunter. The radiant dodge seems not great -- there are probably scenarios who you would want it over gamblers, but it feels really sluggish and it's really easy to have high uptime on radiant using your knives anyway. My day one experience with solar has been so much more fun than void!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Firebert posted:

The mega pipebomb is awesome. Sucks that you miss out on extra fragments taking it, but tbh only the ones that give melee energy and radiant buffs are great for hunter. The radiant dodge seems not great -- there are probably scenarios who you would want it over gamblers, but it feels really sluggish and it's really easy to have high uptime on radiant using your knives anyway. My day one experience with solar has been so much more fun than void!

This was my take on it as well.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I spent the first encounter of the raid tonight dying loving constantly, it turns out I got a little too used to crutching invis and have to relearn how to not play like a total idiot.

"Why is everything shooting me?!... oh, right, they can see me now."

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Roctavian posted:

It doesn't seem to work, I just tested it. But, if you're running secants you can stun with your other weapons anyways.

BAH! Thank you for checking. It wouldn't have been terribly practical but it could've been cool.

Meiteron posted:

Three months of void 3.0 appears to have permanently broken my brain now that I'm trying solar 3.0 on hunter because I no longer have my Get Out Of All Trouble button I've lost count of the number of times I've sailed into a group of enemies thinking I can quickly invis out after I finish this champion and instead I just eat poo poo. Or lose my shields and reflexively hit my dodge button, only for me to do a slow lazy buff dodge that gives all the enemies in the room all the time they need to line up their killshots

I think Builds will elevate Solar 3.0 pretty fast here. Sunbreaker is hilariously powerful with an eternally-charged melee that heals you, buffs your weapon damage, and puts massive damage AoE fields all over the place! And that's before considering any exotics or mods or Wells

Not sure what it'll be like in Grandmaster type content just yet, but I'm optimistic.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Hello, I just reinstalled after not playing for years and started a fresh Titan. When I get through the initial fight into the beginner area where you can see other players I never get a mission objective, even when logging out and logging back in. Am I doomed to haunt the start area killing the tank over and over again? I try to leave but I cant.

This is on PS5.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Oh boy, trespasser is a real meatfucker.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I was worried that the nerf to Sun Warrior would make my splendor build drop off, but with restoration my Lorely Splendor build actually works better than ever. Maybe it’s less good in PvP now but I’m still just tanking through any and all damage the game throws at me.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Can't wait to futz around on my Warlock and see what kind of bullshit I can get up to with Assemblers.

Any other recommended Solar exotics for Locks? Sunbracers might be huge with the scorch buffs and extra grenade but I'll have to tinker a bit and see.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Probably gonna main Lumina//BootsOfAss all season, I love that build

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Hello, I just reinstalled after not playing for years and started a fresh Titan. When I get through the initial fight into the beginner area where you can see other players I never get a mission objective, even when logging out and logging back in. Am I doomed to haunt the start area killing the tank over and over again? I try to leave but I cant.

This is on PS5.

there should be an exit from that beginner area that will let you meet an intro NPC. Basically go past the tank and turn left, I think.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

PERMACAV 50 posted:

it turns out I got a little too used to crutching invis and have to relearn how to not play like a total idiot.

Same but with Devour.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hobnob posted:

Anyone else had soft-locks happen when loading into the tower? Inventory still works, but the game screen stays black. I've had this happen a few times on PS4.
I loaded in last night and was able to observe other players, like you can do when you die in a strike or activity (use the d-pad to switch players, 3rd person view, couldn't control anyone).

Fast travelled back to the courtyard and was normal again after a while but yeah.

Also if you try to speak to Banshee after anything except a fresh boot of the PS4, it'll crash the game.

Oh, and I still have blue laurels. And loaded in with no head at one point last night as well.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I saw someone season level 35 on day 1 run past me.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Let Bounty Bankers have their fun, they only get to feel this way 3-4 days a year

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I loaded in last night and was able to observe other players, like you can do when you die in a strike or activity (use the d-pad to switch players, 3rd person view, couldn't control anyone).

Fast travelled back to the courtyard and was normal again after a while but yeah.

Also if you try to speak to Banshee after anything except a fresh boot of the PS4, it'll crash the game.

Oh, and I still have blue laurels. And loaded in with no head at one point last night as well.

LMAO the Telesto keeps wrecking the game. Banshee now holds the Telesto in his hands that blinks out of existance occasionally

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I really hope that's intentional.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sekenr posted:

LMAO the Telesto keeps wrecking the game. Banshee now holds the Telesto in his hands that blinks out of existance occasionally
The scary thing was when it briefly blinked into existence in my hands. :tinfoil:

New theory - Savathûn isn't dead, she is using Telesto to escape into the real world.

E: Oh god is Telesto the egregore? Are we feeding it souls through the crown?

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 12:52 on May 25, 2022

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Junkenstein posted:

I really hope that's intentional.

Im 99% sure blinking is intentional. As for ps4 crashing, its telesto being telesto.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

talking to banshee crashed me on PC as well.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Time to break out the Phoenix Pants and share glorious sunspots again!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Unless posted:

Gauging interest in getting a Legendary run of the Witch Queen done this week/weekend. I couldn’t get into the campaign when it came out due to irl life, but would dig catching up.

Can pick-up and drop-out as needed, send a friend request to Bungie.net Ph0nik.Unl3ss#0662, Discord on Serious Overchill, Clan of the Chillbear, Ph0nik.Unl3ss#4219

Me and many others agree that soloing the legendary campaign was the most fun Destiny experience ever. Unless you're trying to get through it quickly, don't worry about needing a fireteam. Enjoy!

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

el B posted:

Me and many others agree that soloing the legendary campaign was the most fun Destiny experience ever. Unless you're trying to get through it quickly, don't worry about needing a fireteam. Enjoy!

Agreed. I only had one mission left to finish it on hunter but I took a short break, during which they nerfed glaive/invis and I never had it in me to finish the last one. Pretty sure that constant invis made me a much worse destiny player but it sure was fun.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

All dressed up for toasty season.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xzzy posted:

All dressed up for toasty season.

This... Is gooood

Solar titans are awesome

I suspect they nerfed the aim assist on Throwing Hammer though which is an unnecessary move. I was missing so many throws that would've been hits last season, I swear

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

el B posted:

It was one of the bigger feelings of "holy poo poo I did that!" I've had in games. Running through it with a friend has been fun but it's notably easier with two people.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This... Is gooood

Solar titans are awesome

I suspect they nerfed the aim assist on Throwing Hammer though which is an unnecessary move. I was missing so many throws that would've been hits last season, I swear

One of the fragments improves your super throwing hammer targeting; not sure if it applies to the melee version as well, but this does lead me to believe its intentional

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

On warlock I decided gently caress it and went back to void.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Talking to Banshee made my game crash too, it's definitely that darn telesto.

I'm warming up to the solar changes but it feels more like rearranging the furniture than the rework that void got. The missing element is scorch-building incendiary rounds in my opinion, there's no solar equivalent to volatile rounds that made all the new buff/debuffs stand out. It would have been nice to have any interaction with solar weapons beyond the general radiant buff.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There’s a perk on new weapons that does that, and a mod this season that boosts solar exotics

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bacon Terrorist posted:

This is on PS5.

This happened to me when making a new Titan and apparently it's a known issue happening. Have restarted that Titan mission like thrice and each time I get stuck in the cosmodrome area with the tank/ship and there is no mission continuation. It'll just be me and like 5 others shooting at a ship or a tank over and over with nothing else to do. Apparently there's like a 90% chance that all new players just won't be able to progress past this part lol.

I also had made a new Hunter yesterday and Ikora never gave me the Void quest, just the Arc one, and there's no option to pick up the quest to get Void class, so I'm just hardlocked out of it forever I guess!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ok maybe I just can't read, but how do I progress the drat story?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PathAsc posted:

Ok maybe I just can't read, but how do I progress the drat story?

you can't, it's a widespread bug that hundreds of others are posting about in the Bungie help forums

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Telesto is like The Thing. It is going to start infecting/assimilating other NPCs in the tower.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Talking to Banshee made my game crash too, it's definitely that darn telesto.

I'm warming up to the solar changes but it feels more like rearranging the furniture than the rework that void got. The missing element is scorch-building incendiary rounds in my opinion, there's no solar equivalent to volatile rounds that made all the new buff/debuffs stand out. It would have been nice to have any interaction with solar weapons beyond the general radiant buff.

There are some great weapon/solar/ability interactions, with more to come! Once you've got more artifact mods unlocked, especially. Here's what I'm eyeing for a Titan with roaring flames & sunspots. The gist of it is basically "hit somebody with your hammer and activate godmode, burning the world"

[fragment] Powered melee attacks against combatants make you and nearby allies radiant.
[artifact] While radiant, Solar precision final blows cause combatants to ignite.
[artifact] Your ignitions do increased damage in an increased radius.
[fragment] Your Solar ignitions spread scorch to affected targets.
[fragment] Solar weapon or ability final blows extend the duration of restoration and radiant effects
[fragment] Defeating targets with Solar ignitions grants grenade energy

This doesn't even consider the solar well mods and exotic weapons & armor that will go along with it. It's going to be an absurdly easy season to conquer GMs, Master Raids, etc

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Hmmmm Loreley Splendor (sunspot on demand) quickswaps to Phoenix Cradle (gives allies Sol Invictus) is going to be exploitable in PvP.

10 seconds of double-duration Roaming Super for your teammates? Problematic, especially for golden gun and dawnblade who will be able to create their own super-extending sunspots on each kill

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
solar's 3.0 utility and defensive effects give it rapid healing, but little protection against being oneshot by +50% elemental burn damage in GMs, unlike void overshield and void invis. like a sunspot and radiant wouldn't have saved you if you were caught out by alak-hul. the whole scorch/ignite loop also doesn't seem fantastic against anything other than tightly packed trash mobs, and even in that case it doesn't seem competitive with a voidlock spamming charged vortex grenades.

it's going to be an easy season for gilding the conqueror seal just because 5 of the 6 nightfalls are easy, but i'm pretty sure people are going to continue doing them on void and stasis classes (and also thundercrash).

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

DLC Inc posted:

you can't, it's a widespread bug that hundreds of others are posting about in the Bungie help forums

Cool and good appreciate the heads up

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The Incandescent perk applies AOE scorch when you kill something which feeds into the Solar ability loop. It's just not available on every single Solar gun like Volatile Rounds.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Reiterpallasch posted:

solar's 3.0 utility and defensive effects give it rapid healing, but little protection against being oneshot by +50% elemental burn damage in GMs, unlike void overshield and void invis. like a sunspot and radiant wouldn't have saved you if you were caught out by alak-hul. the whole scorch/ignite loop also doesn't seem fantastic against anything other than tightly packed trash mobs, and even in that case it doesn't seem competitive with a voidlock spamming charged vortex grenades.

it's going to be an easy season for gilding the conqueror seal just because 5 of the 6 nightfalls are easy, but i'm pretty sure people are going to continue doing them on void and stasis classes (and also thundercrash).

I think that's why they totally reworked Resilience this season. Solar is an offensive spec with secondary effect of Healing, compared to Void's defensive spec with secondary effect of weakening. Invisibility will be useful for people who continue to run low res (effectively "playing in the old sandbox"), while solar & healing will be viable when you're effortlessly shrugging off snipes at 100res and triple-damage-resist mods :discourse:

Hunters will continue to be Nightstalkers forever though lol

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
just off the top of my head, there seem to be three obvious solar 3.0 builds:

- heart of innmost light titan, since you can hammer throw to empower grenade and barrier, cast those to get empowered melee x2, and use a consecration slide for champion-exploding, peregrine shoulder charge level damage with almost no cooldown, while making GBS threads sunspots everywhere. how to survive doing this in a GM is an exercise for the reader.

- a-10 sunbracer warlock, since you can loop heat rises -> finger snap kill -> solar grenades x4 with literally no cooldown. this is super powerful and lets you cover an entire room with like a dozen solar grenades, but how to survive floating in the air in range of every angry scorn crossbowman in the instance in a GM is an exercise for the reader.

- knife throwing hunter, since you can basically spam those forever as long as you're getting some precision hits and use gambler's dodge, and you can hang so many effects onto powered solar melees (melee wellmaker, impact induction, self-healing, party radiance, etc). bonus: you can use this with assassin's cowl to actually, like, not explode instantly. justifying why you're doing this instead of playing nightstalker is an exercise for the reader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Reiterpallasch posted:

just off the top of my head, there seem to be three obvious solar 3.0 builds:

- heart of innmost light titan, since you can hammer throw to empower grenade and barrier, cast those to get empowered melee x2, and use a consecration slide for champion-exploding, peregrine shoulder charge level damage with almost no cooldown, while making GBS threads sunspots everywhere. how to survive doing this in a GM is an exercise for the reader.

- a-10 sunbracer warlock, since you can loop heat rises -> finger snap kill -> solar grenades x4 with literally no cooldown. this is super powerful and lets you cover an entire room with like a dozen solar grenades, but how to survive floating in the air in range of every angry scorn crossbowman in the instance in a GM is an exercise for the reader.

- knife throwing hunter, since you can basically spam those forever as long as you're getting some precision hits and use gambler's dodge, and you can hang so many effects onto powered solar melees (melee wellmaker, impact induction, self-healing, party radiance, etc). bonus: you can use this with assassin's cowl to actually, like, not explode instantly. justifying why you're doing this instead of playing nightstalker is an exercise for the reader.

TBH those builds sound kinda dookie to me but that was probably on purpose as set up for the "these would be bad in GMs" stinger.

Hunters can only be Nightstalker though, 100%. It is their lot in life

Oh poo poo, this was timely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu68-YXM1Gc

He simulated GM conditions (23 under light, arc burn) and without even running any Arc Resist Mods was effortlessly able to stand in enemy fire and obliterate champions and trash waves alike

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 25, 2022