Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

jesus WEP posted:

I enjoyed Vinny’s love of horrible sloppy brawls and bizarre styles clashes that would get on Nitro. Something like idk Sid vs Jim Duggan would get him so excited

In the Ep I just finished Vinnie goes "Lance Storm messaged me and said I'd love a match on this show"

That match? Rick Steiner verses Brian Knobbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Tank Abbott was hilarious. I hated him at first but I warmed up to him fast because of all his lovely promos. He was like a less unintelligible Scott Steiner.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

algebra testes posted:

I love the B&V retro reviews when Bryan gets really into random cool things like Haku.

In currently up to the part where Bryan is OBSESSED with the Macho Man / Dennis Rodman build and feud.

I'm catching up on these and they spent a long time saying this match should be more famous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCyex-_lShg

its 90 seconds long.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love the harsh u-turn when Bryan claims "WCW has to get worse, WWF has to get better" because he's sick of two mediocre shows.

The moment Russo is in WCW Bryan is losing his mind over how bad it is.

Second favorite, is after 2 episodes Bryan laments all the stupid poo poo is yet to come and realises there is only 18 months left for it all to happen in.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmVAkSr6RXU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
https://twitter.com/good_faces_bot/status/1524811669259489280

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I know I've talked in the past about how much I love Sid but I forgot Bryan's description of him as "the most awesome subhuman."

Perfection.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 15, 2022

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

NikkolasKing posted:

I know I've talked in the past about how much I love Sid but I forgot Bryan's description of him as "he most awesome subhuman."

Perfection.

Also Bryan's constant bewilderment of how Sid could've possibly gotten "worst on promos" until the "half the brain that you do" promo happens.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/WWEDivaDebra/status/1526791812190543872

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Angry_Ed posted:

Also Bryan's constant bewilderment of how Sid could've possibly gotten "worst on promos" until the "half the brain that you do" promo happens.

They are right that still he was so great in his delivery and Al Snow sucked.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Wait, why did she delete her tweet? :(

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

It was archived

https://web.archive.org/web/20220518050847/https://twitter.com/WWEDivaDebra/status/1526791812190543872

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lid posted:

They are right that still he was so great in his delivery and Al Snow sucked.

Oh yeah they weren't wrong that Sid was doing great work on the mic, weird malapropisms aside

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I loved Sid heckling Goldberg during his intro causing Goldberg to break

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you know what wcw did great with? stage sets. i miss stage sets.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The latest OSW episode had a top ten for the best stages and Halloween Havoc '98 was number one and I have a hard time disagreeing.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So me and my grandma actually only got Cable in late '99 or 2000. I thus saw WCW in its dying days.

But I remember liking the Mamalukes and, at least according to Bryan and Vinny, they were legit great and a rare beacon of light in the darkness of post-Russo WCW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbjmGB2Clg

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NikkolasKing posted:

So me and my grandma actually only got Cable in late '99 or 2000. I thus saw WCW in its dying days.

But I remember liking the Mamalukes and, at least according to Bryan and Vinny, they were legit great and a rare beacon of light in the darkness of post-Russo WCW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbjmGB2Clg

They really weren't, they were just annoying Italian stereotypes who had below average matches and did awful backstage skits. The sister storyline is one of the most nonsensical things in late WCW.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Today, the Mamalukes are mostly remembered for the time Johnny broke his dick in a TV match for no reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7yDqXMDD1E

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I thought Tony had a pretty good ECW run. Plus I enjoyed watching him getting wedged into the security railing.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Which one became Rellik (that’s Killer spelled backwards!) in TNA?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

syzpid posted:

I thought Tony had a pretty good ECW run. Plus I enjoyed watching him getting wedged into the security railing.

He was very fun as a bump machine.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Nystral posted:

Which one became Rellik (that’s Killer spelled backwards!) in TNA?

I think it was Johnny Stamboli after his WWE run.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

I think it was Johnny Stamboli after his WWE run.

That’s him, yeah

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/DeepCutsWCW/status/1529483916624683011

neat

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Has there ever been such a marked difference in a wrestling company as when Hogan first came to WCW? I'm rewatching a bunch of stuff from 1994 and it's just insane looking back at it and seeing how many Friends of Hogan just pop up and are all over the place. Duggan. Honky Tonk Man. Earthquake. Brutus. Nasty Boys (I guess they technically beat him there by a few months). Jimmy Hart. Mean Gene (also showed up a little before Hogan and did kick rear end, so this one I can forgive).

At Halloween Havoc 94, Hogan beats Flair in an overbooked cage match and then gets attacked by Brutus and Quake and it's just the blandest of bland poo poo. I wasn't a WCW kid at the time because we didn't get any of the WCW channels, but it must have been infuriating to see Hogan come in and watch everything just change and become total trash.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Guygiving4horsemansymbolrippinguphogansign.gif

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 25, 2022

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Guygiving4horsemansymbolrippinguphogansign.gif

:haw:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

What an amazing human being

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love this guy so much

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
We should identify this man, locate him, and send him a Hulk Hogan inflatable raft plus as much money as it takes to get him to destroy it on camera

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The icing on the cake that I don't know that I've noticed before is that he's wearing an Atlanta Braves hat. Dude is truly WCW through and through.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Tomahawk choppy choppy your pee pee

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

this guy is badass

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

This should be the forums background.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I've never seen that before and it owns super hard

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ganso Bomb posted:

The icing on the cake that I don't know that I've noticed before is that he's wearing an Atlanta Braves hat. Dude is truly WCW through and through.

That was the icing on the cake too, also that if we could look closer I'm sure he's nearly vibrating with rage.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ganso Bomb posted:

Has there ever been such a marked difference in a wrestling company as when Hogan first came to WCW? I'm rewatching a bunch of stuff from 1994 and it's just insane looking back at it and seeing how many Friends of Hogan just pop up and are all over the place. Duggan. Honky Tonk Man. Earthquake. Brutus. Nasty Boys (I guess they technically beat him there by a few months). Jimmy Hart. Mean Gene (also showed up a little before Hogan and did kick rear end, so this one I can forgive).

At Halloween Havoc 94, Hogan beats Flair in an overbooked cage match and then gets attacked by Brutus and Quake and it's just the blandest of bland poo poo. I wasn't a WCW kid at the time because we didn't get any of the WCW channels, but it must have been infuriating to see Hogan come in and watch everything just change and become total trash.

Does Hogan going to Impact count? Since the show became about his talentless daughter.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Defiance Industries posted:

Does Hogan going to Impact count? Since the show became about his talentless daughter.

That's the only other comparison I could think of and it feels like cheating because it has the same common denominator. The Nasty Boys even showed up again, didn't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Ganso Bomb posted:

That's the only other comparison I could think of and it feels like cheating because it has the same common denominator. The Nasty Boys even showed up again, didn't they?

They sure did. That night is one of the fascinating nights in wrestling history.