Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Ace Austin vs. Alex Zayne, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 8, 25/05
HM: BUSHI vs. DOUKI, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 8, 25/05
HM: Titan vs. Wheeler Yuta, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 8, 25/05
HM: El Phantasmo vs. El Lindaman, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 8, 25/05
MOTYC: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. SHO, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 8, 25/05
HM: TJP vs. Robbie Eagles, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 8, 25/05
HM: El Desperado vs. Master Wato, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 8, 25/05
MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs. YOH, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 8, 25/05

I think what makes these cards flow so well is that as well as the matches flowing so fast there's also so much variety in the matches. Tonight you have Ace and Zayne bringing the flippy-dos, Yuta and Titan pasting the hell out of each other, SHO and Taguchi delivering a bunch of laughs, TJP and Robbie doing a technical masterclass and Hiromu and YOH doing some classic New Japan storytelling. Great show, flew by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
MOTYC: Wardlow vs Shawn Spears, May 25 AEW Dynamite

Everything i wanted it to be and more.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

nth

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

flatluigi posted:

Sometimes you just need to give the people exactly what they’re expecting nth

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
MOTYC: Swerve v Jungle Boy v Ricky Stahks, May 25 AEW Dynamite

i'd watch these three wrestle forever

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

flatluigi posted:

Absofuckinglutely. A masterpiece of booking.

flatluigi posted:

Agreed. This was so good!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Samoa Joe vs. Kyle O'Reilly in the Owen Hart Memorial Tournament Semi-Final - AEW Dynamite 5/25

Joe's a little older, a little slower, but a LOT meaner. O'Reilly's a little hosed up trash goblin man. The match is a delight.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

flatluigi posted:

this match was loving awesome

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Samoa Joe vs. Kyle O'Reilly in the Owen Hart Memorial Tournament Semi-Final - AEW Dynamite 5/25

Joe's a little older, a little slower, but a LOT meaner. O'Reilly's a little hosed up trash goblin man. The match is a delight.

this match was also super loving good

additionally

HM: Wardlow vs Shawn Spears, May 25 AEW Dynamite
HM: Rappongi Vice vs FTR, ROH Tag Team Championship match, May 25 AEW Dynamite

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

Nthed

Might get some vetos for this, but what the hell:

WMOTC: Britt Baker vs Toni Storm, Owen Hart Memorial Tournament Semi-Final AEW Dynamite 5/25

Not counting the dirty finish, the match was clunky and Britt really did not need this win. Her push is getting incredibly oppressive. She's basically reaching Charlotte Flair levels of go-away heat with me.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flatluigi posted:

flatluigi posted:

Jerusalem posted:

Nth all of these.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

flatluigi posted:

flatluigi posted:

Nth to both of these. Great stuff.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

flatluigi posted:

Jerusalem posted:

Nth on these.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

flatluigi posted:

Nthing this, it was absolutely perfect pro wrestling television. I don't think there was a second of this that wasn't exactly what it needed to be.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Best of the Super Jr Night 8 May 25th
MOTYC
SHO vs Rysuke Taguchi
- I've completely turned around on SHO from when he first joined House of Torture, what a glorious bufoon

Robbie Eagles vs TJP
- Two guys that work a very similar style and have fantastic chemistry

HM
Alex Zayne vs Ace Austin
- Two guys that I had never seen before this tour I would really like to have back

Clark Connors vs Francesco Akira
- Clark finally getting warmed up after a slow start, the Taguchi match yesterday did him some good

El Phantasmo vs El Lindaman
- Oh ELP you rotter I love you

Hiromu Takahashi vs YOH
- Would you look at that, Yoh has some personality

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
SHO vs Rysuke Taguchi
- I've completely turned around on SHO from when he first joined House of Torture, what a glorious bufoon

Robbie Eagles vs TJP
- Two guys that work a very similar style and have fantastic chemistry

HM
Alex Zayne vs Ace Austin
- Two guys that I had never seen before this tour I would really like to have back

Clark Connors vs Francesco Akira
- Clark finally getting warmed up after a slow start, the Taguchi match yesterday did him some good

El Phantasmo vs El Lindaman
- Oh ELP you rotter I love you

Hiromu Takahashi vs YOH
- Would you look at that, Yoh has some personality

Yeah agreed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Shawn Spears vs. Wardlow, AEW Dynamite, 25/05
HM: Ricky Starks vs. Swerve Strickland vs. Jungle Boy, AEW Dynamite, 25/05
HM: Samoa Joe vs. Kyle O'Reilly, AEW Dynamite, 25/05

I'm not gonna go WMOTYC on Britt/Toni but goddam was it sloppy as gently caress

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Dynamite 25/05

HM: Wardlow vs Shawn Spears
WMOTYC: Britt Baker vs Toni Storm

Britt loving sucks in the ring.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
SHO vs Rysuke Taguchi

nth.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MOTYC
22nd May
Dragongate King of Gate Night 6
King of Gate 1st Round
Kota Minoura vs Kzy

Hell yeah

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:47 on May 26, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
24th May
Dragongate King of Gate Night 8
King of Gate 2nd Round
U-T vs Yuki Yoshioka

Good news, this was on the DG Youtube so you can catch it for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M3NHQ5I-TU&t=613s

Whole match is wrestled at a lightning pace, it's great Dragongate action.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: DOUKI vs. TJP - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 9 - 5/26
They went hard from before the bell rang and kept it up the whole way through, just a high-paced, exciting match with some cool spots, transitions, and false finishes. The wrong guy won.

HM: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Alex Zayne - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 9 - 5/26
Zayne has been such a fun addition and it's been wonderful how the crowd has taken to him. His brand of humor seemed to mesh perfectly with Taguchi's, and the commentators getting carried away was a fun addition.

HM: El Lindaman vs. Wheeler Yuta - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 9 - 5/26
Yuta's improvement has continued but El Lindaman may be the standout junior of this tournament, at least wrestling wise, and he proved it again tonight.

HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs. SHO - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 9 - 5/26
Wonderful mix of comedy and brutal moves, with a ton of delightful trash-talk. Then let down by typical House of Torture bullshit :sigh:

MOTYC: El Phantasmo vs. Robbie Eagles - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 9 - 5/26
What the fucccccck? these two are lunatics. Crowd just gave up on the rules and were making so much noise by the end, haha.

The BOSJ rules this year. Goddamn.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

They went hard from before the bell rang and kept it up the whole way through, just a high-paced, exciting match with some cool spots, transitions, and false finishes. The wrong guy won.

HM: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Alex Zayne - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 9 - 5/26
Zayne has been such a fun addition and it's been wonderful how the crowd has taken to him. His brand of humor seemed to mesh perfectly with Taguchi's, and the commentators getting carried away was a fun addition.

HM: El Lindaman vs. Wheeler Yuta - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 9 - 5/26
Yuta's improvement has continued but El Lindaman may be the standout junior of this tournament, at least wrestling wise, and he proved it again tonight.

Wonderful mix of comedy and brutal moves, with a ton of delightful trash-talk. Then let down by typical House of Torture bullshit :sigh:

MOTYC: El Phantasmo vs. Robbie Eagles - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 9 - 5/26
What the fucccccck? these two are lunatics. Crowd just gave up on the rules and were making so much noise by the end, haha.

Nth

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

2nd to all these but especially to that last one. Match of the tournament so far. These two work so well together

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

flatluigi posted:

Nth. Owned

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

2nd to all these but especially to that last one. Match of the tournament so far. These two work so well together

Indeed, it's a neo-classic

Sooper Gila fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 26, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Darby Allin vs. Swerve Strickland, AEW Rampage 4/29

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Samoa Joe vs. Trent Beretta, AEW Rampage, 4/29

2nd these both

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: TJP vs. DOUKI, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 9, 26/05
HM: YOH vs. Francesco Akira, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 9, 26/05
MOTYC: Ace Austin vs. Taiji Ishimori, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 9, 26/05
HM: BUSHI vs. El Desperado, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 9, 26/05
HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs. SHO, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 9, 26/05
MOTYC: El Phantasmo vs. Robbie Eagles, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 9, 26/05

Probably the weakest night of the three overall but carried by an absolutely insane main event and a real good champ vs champ match. I was hype for this tournament but it's totally exceeded my expectations

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

Rarity posted:

Nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
25th May
Dragongate King of Gate Night 9
King of Gate 2nd Round
Kzy vs Minorita

Very exciting.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
20th May
NOMADS Freelance Summit NOMADS'
Hiroyo Matsumoto vs Kaho Kobayashi

HM
20th May
ASUKA & Yuu vs SAKI & Saori Anou

MOTYC
20th May
Maya Yukihi & Rina Yamashita vs Miyuki Takase & Ryo Mizunami

Top to bottom there's nothing bad on this show. Crowd are allowed to cheer & poo poo! There's some comedy, some violence, and some of the best wrestlers in the world. They really did a great job of showcasing the level of unattached talent in today's joshi scene. Fully recommended.

You can still buy the show for ¥3500 so I won't link to any illicit streams but it's deffo worth watching. And those streams do exist so I suppose if you're not financially able to support them you can find them

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Dynamite from 5/26

HM: Roppongi Vice vs. FTR
HM: Jungle Boy vs. Ricky Starks vs. Swerve Strickland
HM: Kyle O'Reilly vs. Samoa Joe

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Uh oh, I think someone just told Hunter what game he's in.
AEW Dynamite (May 26)

HM: Shawn Spears vs Wardlow
HM: Starks vs Swerve vs JB

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: El Desperado vs. Wheeler Yuta, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 6, 22/05

Yuta gets his big moment in Japan and puts on a hell of a show with New Japan's other junior Ace

Nth and I’m a mile behind again.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: Trey Miguel vs. Alex Shelly
HM: Violent by Design vs. Josh Alexander and the Briscoes

both from Impact on AXS, 5/26

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

HM: TJP vs. DOUKI, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 9, 26/05
HM: YOH vs. Francesco Akira, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 9, 26/05
MOTYC: Ace Austin vs. Taiji Ishimori, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 9, 26/05
HM: BUSHI vs. El Desperado, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 9, 26/05
HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs. SHO, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 9, 26/05
MOTYC: El Phantasmo vs. Robbie Eagles, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 9, 26/05

Probably the weakest night of the three overall but carried by an absolutely insane main event and a real good champ vs champ match. I was hype for this tournament but it's totally exceeded my expectations

Yeah agreed

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

HM
20th May
Hiroyo Matsumoto vs Kaho Kobayashi

HM
20th May
ASUKA & Yuu vs SAKI & Saori Anou

MOTYC
20th May
Maya Yukihi & Rina Yamashita vs Miyuki Takase & Ryo Mizunami

Top to bottom there's nothing bad on this show. Crowd are allowed to cheer & poo poo! There's some comedy, some violence, and some of the best wrestlers in the world. They really did a great job of showcasing the level of unattached talent in today's joshi scene. Fully recommended.

You can still buy the show for ¥3500 so I won't link to any illicit streams but it's deffo worth watching. And those streams do exist so I suppose if you're not financially able to support them you can find them

Nth

Having watched both I'd say this was better than Bagus at showcasing the best Joshi has to offer. If you have time watch it, if you have the money support them.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

HM: DOUKI vs. El Phantasmo - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 7 5/24

MOTYC for me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

BOSJ Night 7 (5/24)

MOTYC
El Lindaman vs El Desperado

Nth!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Shawn Spears vs. Wardlow, AEW Dynamite, 25/05

I'm not gonna go WMOTYC on Britt/Toni but goddam was it sloppy as gently caress

Yep.
Absolute banger of a match that would not have looked out of place on a big PPV, and if its job was to get people amped for the MJF v. Wardlow match at DoN, then mission loving accomplished.

Yep
Three guys that can go, having a great TV match, and there was always something happening. Plus the guy that needed the win the most won.

Yep
Solid TV main event, with the right guy winning. I'm actually a bit surprised that Joe and Adam Cole have never had a match before, apparently, so looking forward to that.

The Britt v. Toni match wasn't WMOTYC level, but it completely fell apart at the end. I'm not sure what happened with Jamie at the end, but it's clear at least one person was out of position, or there was some miscommunication. poo poo, did Britt even really grab a hold of the ropes? Britt is clearly still over, but her presence is starting to become a bit suffocating, and it's honestly starting to feel like "Cena/Roman/Charlotte wins lol, AEW edition" with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

HM: The "Hardy Boyz" w/ Lita Cutler & Gangrel vs Jon Cruz & Tyler Rust, AEW Rampage 5/27

Maybe not much of a match but it was a perfect segment and I loved everything about it.