Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
So I didn't bother to get to Platinum last season and got dropped down to Silver. I'm rank climbing again and is everyone in Silver and Gold either braindead or a badly programmed bot? The last 5 duels I've had the opponent didn't even play or even draw a single card. I won each time either via timeout or a failed connection.

EDIT: 6 times now, and it's always been a Japanese name, default avatar, and a Rescue Rabbit mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

There’s a new bot that just wastes your time in a bid to get you to surrender so as not to waste your time. I had like 6 of them in a row on my way up from Gold 2 to Plat 5, I thought I was gonna just get a straight shot up to Plat without any hassle but the last guy was an actual person.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Yeah I got a string of those and they ended up boosting me up to Gold 3.

Of all the ways you could automate your winning, 'waste the opponent's time and hope they concede' has to be the weakest.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ChaosArgate posted:

There’s a new bot that just wastes your time in a bid to get you to surrender so as not to waste your time. I had like 6 of them in a row on my way up from Gold 2 to Plat 5, I thought I was gonna just get a straight shot up to Plat without any hassle but the last guy was an actual person.

That's loving stupid. :psyduck:

At least D.D. bots had an above 50% winrate.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna play Code Talkers for link fest. I'm a very generous duelist, have an Iblee.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Neo_Crimson posted:

So I didn't bother to get to Platinum last season and got dropped down to Silver. I'm rank climbing again and is everyone in Silver and Gold either braindead or a badly programmed bot? The last 5 duels I've had the opponent didn't even play or even draw a single card. I won each time either via timeout or a failed connection.

EDIT: 6 times now, and it's always been a Japanese name, default avatar, and a Rescue Rabbit mate.

Some of them have nonsense English characters. And, gift of playing a mill deck: I can tell they ALL play the starter deck with the World Chalice cards.

And you instantly win by playing Card Destruction.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cleretic posted:

Some of them have nonsense English characters. And, gift of playing a mill deck: I can tell they ALL play the starter deck with the World Chalice cards.

And you instantly win by playing Card Destruction.

Ohhh, been meaning to build a mill deck for the secret mission. What does your build look like?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Julias posted:

Ohhh, been meaning to build a mill deck for the secret mission. What does your build look like?

I've mentioned before, I play Mayakashi Bone Tower. Nowhere near as fast as Inferno Tempest, but does have a benefit in that even if you can't pull the mill OTK off, you can still get a pretty decent Mayakashi board, who can usually cause some headaches. The deck's pretty much lifted entirely from The Duel Logs.

Another strength is that, being a zombie deck, they've got some decent synergy going with some other tech. Eldlich is a comfy inclusion, and while I haven't figured anything out around it, I know there's potential for Zombie World shenanigans somewhere.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Neo_Crimson posted:

This keeps happening to me as well. Is no one playing the game at lower levels or something?

Also I pulled the trigger on Live Twins. Im wondering if I should sprinkle some Unchained in there? Not sure I wanna use gems on that, but the synergy seems real.

Edit: Live Twins give you Altergeists cards... whats that like?

Touchdown Boy fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 26, 2022

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Ugh, the Master Duel stall bots have pushed me from Gold 1 to Plat 3 as I search for an opponent who plays cards for me to destroy, attack into, or activate a trap with.

*edit* Unchained Abomination is good as a temp boss monster until Trouble Sunny shows up, and has synergy with Lil-La's effect. Underworld Goddess of the Closed World is another out of archtype boss that the deck is decent at getting out.

Ardeem fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 26, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah I basically just started master duel and I went from Rookie to Plat while only facing like 6 or 7 actual people.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Iserlohn posted:

But I kinda want build Marincess since that's what I played to learn Links and maybe they'll get support to maybe do something.

There IS new Marincess support that isn't in the game yet, and it's pretty good. If they get it out in time for the link fest it'll be a good deck for sure.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Hellioning posted:

Yeah I basically just started master duel and I went from Rookie to Plat while only facing like 6 or 7 actual people.
Same. On the bright side, free rank-up gems while I shitpost on SomethingAwful.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Fought two cyber dragon mirrors today, which isnt a lot but its 2 more then i have before

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I run into cydra when I feel like playing my own machines. I figure it out when suddenly reversal of fortune, where did my monsters go? Oh look it's that stupid loving machine dragon doofy looking fucker.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah it is very in favor of the second player lol

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
So many cydra players for some reason.

i have been using my combo practice deck to farm duel exp at T1 with these bot. Verte + the burn D hero will earn you the Comeback Victory that worth 1600 or 1800 exp.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Yeah it is very in favor of the second player lol
Definitely one of the silliest mirror matches in the game

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Really hoping they fix the bot issue soon, even when I play against a real person, the server instability the bots cause is still a problem.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
On the one hand it sucks

on the other hand every bot lets me try my Scars turbo strat for Mekk KNights so that when I faced a real player I actually got it off turn one. They scooped immedietly of course.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

Really hoping they fix the bot issue soon, even when I play against a real person, the server instability the bots cause is still a problem.

I got to plat off those bots so actually keep them please

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bots rule since I get free wins and also shitpost about bots at the same time

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I would actually rather get to play the game then waste a bunch of time just to make a number go up

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Okay actually i just fought a bot in plat so im now against them. What the gently caress

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Yeah if you are trying to climb rankings in the hopes you will eventually find real players its fine, but having to spend 5 mins watching a bot not even play a card is really off putting if you actually like the card aspect of the game and just just gem rewards.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
So a thing ive seen in a few decks is using psyframe driver as monster effect negation. The banish at end of turn seems so steep for having to put 2 cards in your deck and possibly bricking, if you use it on opponents turn you dont even get them as material! I can see how its good (monster effect negation rules) but i dont really know why youd run it over other options, whats unique about it?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So a thing ive seen in a few decks is using psyframe driver as monster effect negation. The banish at end of turn seems so steep for having to put 2 cards in your deck and possibly bricking, if you use it on opponents turn you dont even get them as material! I can see how its good (monster effect negation rules) but i dont really know why youd run it over other options, whats unique about it?
You can still activate it from your hand while you have backrow, unlike Imperm, but aren't limited to only your opponent's Main Phase like you are with Effect Veiler. Plus, it actually destroys what it's negating, which Imp and EV don't.

Edit: It also puts bodies on the board to block attacks, and that can save your skin in certain situations.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 29, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

You can still activate it from your hand while you have backrow, unlike Imperm, but aren't limited to only your opponent's Main Phase like you are with Effect Veiler.

Yeah it's very funny to Psyframe on your turn to stop your opponents responses because then you can just synchro them away.

It's a free level 8 Synchro and a negate on your turn OR a negate and two bodys to block attacks/eat removal on the opponents turn. All for 1 garnet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm tempted to use them in my Tenyi Swordsoul build, but I like actually leaving negated stuff on-board because I'm stubbornly insisting on holding onto my 1x Iris Swordsoul.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

I'm tempted to use them in my Tenyi Swordsoul build, but I like actually leaving negated stuff on-board because I'm stubbornly insisting on holding onto my 1x Iris Swordsoul.

PSY-Frame omega lets you recycle the Frame back into deck if you wanna run 3 Gammas.

Or if you run chaos typings put The Big Chaos Lord in there.

Or my favorite, Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend to clear the board usually

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Advantages over Veiler/Imperm:
- it destroys the thing it negates
- it can negate monsters that aren't on-field (eg Ash Blossom)
It's best in decks where your opponent is likely to try and disrupt you before you have a monster on-field. For example, if you play the Virtual World continuous spell then activate Lulu's effect, your opponent is probably going to fire Ash Blossom. If you have Psy-Frame you negate the Ash and also get a tonne of free material. Massive highroll going first and also very good going second since you can both negate an effect and deny your opponent material for extra deck plays.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 29, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Also a lot of people will ash the psy-framegear and that's really funny cause it just stays in your hand and you get to do it again as soon as they use another effect

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Swordsoul in particular works well with Gamma because it makes Ashing Ecclesia or Swordsoul Emergence a catch-22; if you don't do it they get a Mo Ye and start their entire combo, but if you do and they have Gamma you basically lose on the spot since you just gave them a free level 8 Synchro on top of the negation.

Triggering Gamma on your turn also makes Halqifibrax by itself, which can be brutal.

I've actually gotten into the habit of not using Maxx C on the first Tenyi or Longyuan summon most of the time, because the threat of auto-losing to Gamma is too big.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 29, 2022

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Thanks all of you haha. Tbh it didnt occur to me how good it was against hand traps like ash, which uh, yeah seems good.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Gamma is actually the best hand trap in the game, but the 2 to 1 real card to brick ratio is rough.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Gamma is actually the best hand trap in the game, but the 2 to 1 real card to brick ratio is rough.

Gamma at least pulls frame from GY so if you draw frame you can at least discard it for cost if needed. It's not the worst garnet in the world.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Just had somebody pretending to be a stallbot, but they forgot to change their user icon, so I didn't even notice they only had 5 card in their extra deck until they didn't do anything for 30 seconds.

*edit* Says a lot about the state of the game that this monstrosity is in Plat.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm trying to figure out what kind of weird deck I want to make next, once the next few archetypes drop into MD and Swordsouls inevitably get hit.

Considering if Infernoid Labrynth might have legs as a fun unexpected gimmick deck, since access to Void Feast and Grinning Grave Virus with Labrynth Setting could get pretty looney tunes pretty quickly.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Gamma at least pulls frame from GY so if you draw frame you can at least discard it for cost if needed. It's not the worst garnet in the world.

Gamma pulls drive from hand/deck/gy so Driver is definitely not the worst garnet, and is probably the least annoying one in the game.

Also a fun fact: gamma isnt Once per turn. If it gets negated and not removed from your hand (Ash or Appo, for example), you can just activate it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

girl dick energy posted:

I'm trying to figure out what kind of weird deck I want to make next, once the next few archetypes drop into MD and Swordsouls inevitably get hit.

Considering if Infernoid Labrynth might have legs as a fun unexpected gimmick deck, since access to Void Feast and Grinning Grave Virus with Labrynth Setting could get pretty looney tunes pretty quickly.

I modified the mayakashi mill deck someone posted earlier in here and have been making a surprising amount of progress with it. I'm already in Diamond 3.