Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for kicking my husband out of the delivery room?

quote:

My husband (34M) and me (32F) just had our first child today.

We were in the delivery room together, all was going well, I was in a lot of pain, but he was really supportive. The midwife was asking us questions about the baby etc in between contractions just to help me ease my mind a little.

Then she said if we are excited about the pregnancy being over and I said that yes, because it's been hard for me. My hisband snorted and said "for me too, she was so difficult". Midwife tried to change the subject, but I asked my husband what the f he means by that, and he said that he is happy it's over and he will get his wife back and "the hormonal mess is over".

I was so hurt and told him to please just leave the room. He said he's not going anywhere, because his child is being born here. I yelled at him to get the f out and he was pissed of, called me an AH for making him miss his kid's birth and stormed off.

He hasn't been back to see our daughter, he is supoosed to come later today.

Aita?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Next time mum brings a fella around she can say 'you know, I paid for those tits'

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for screaming at my sister and making her cry in front of everyone after finding out she took part in this “prank” with my ex?

quote:

Over a year ago my relationship got put in a bad place because my ex I (27M) broke up with 2 years prior sent me a DM that I’m her baby daddy. Her daughter was under a year old btw so I already knew it was bs. And told her don’t contact me again.

She found my girlfriend’s (27f) insta and then started sending her messages too that this is my daughter, she’s sorry for being involved with me knowing I was in a relationship with my GF but since I’m refusing to take responsibility she didn’t know who else to reach out to. Trying to make herself seem all genuine.

My girlfriend was sent fake screenshots that were supposedly from me then also the one I actually sent her about leaving me alone because that’s not my baby. Around this time my girlfriend was 6 months pregnant. So the stress/hormones of that, plus the info she gave her: the times we supposedly met up after telling my girlfriend I’m working late matches up because those were actually nights I had to work late, all that freaked her out and she really did start having doubts.

It got to the point where my girlfriend was really scared and confused and she went to go stay at her parents for a few days. I was so scared I was gonna lose my family THEN my ex apologized when she heard my girlfriend wasn’t staying at our apartment. She just wanted to mess with us a little because she was still bitter I dumped her but she didn’t mean for it to go that far.

My girlfriend came back, it took some time to come back from that but we have our son now who’s 7 months and we’re happier than ever. My sister (25f) told me about this last weekend when we were at our parents. She got a lil tipsy from the mimosas and when we were joking about all our old embarrassing stories she just blurted it out but she thought it was okay to talk about it now since me and my girlfriend are fine.

I kept asking her why the hell would she do something like that. Straight up arguing right there in front of my family. She says she was just being stupid and bored since she wasn’t working and like my ex, didn’t realize it would get that bad which is why they stopped it.

But obviously my ex didn’t rat on my sister. I called my sister a stupid bitch for almost wrecking my relationship, and what that put my GF thru. My sister started crying. And this is why she didn’t say anything because it might get this reaction. She only said something now because she was embarrassed and now we’re in a good place so she doesn’t know why I’m so mad about it. It was a whole thing, my sister cried in the bathroom and wouldn’t come out. I went home early to be with my girlfriend and son.

They all say I behaved like an rear end in a top hat when my sister decided to come clean and owe her an apology for my overreaction just like she owed me one. Was my reaction warranted though or was it actually an overreaction. I’m still mad about it. AITA?

It's just a prank bro! We repeatedly messaged more and more realistic messages trying to get your pregnant girlfriend to abandon you! Why can't you just take a joke?

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Underwhelmed posted:

The drinks were right there, she could have poured one over his head, and then another one on his poo poo mother.

especially since they won't go in to the public restroom to clean up. :ohdear:

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Mx. posted:

AITA for kicking my husband out of the delivery room?

"he will get his wife back and "the hormonal mess is over"

Holy poo poo is this guy going to be surprised when postpartum sets in and she really goes insane

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for ignoring an autistic guy on my flight?

quote:

AITA for ignoring an Autistic guy on my flight?

I'm a 19F who was traveling alone on an 11 hour flight today, and a guy in his 20s(?) Is in the same row as me. I was exhausted because I only got four hours of sleep before the flight so I could sleep on the plane, but this guy (we'll call him C) keeps trying to make conversation. C starts off by telling me he's autistic, and then asking me if I like KPOP and he keeps non stop talking and rarely gives me a chance to speak, not that I wanted to. I tried to be polite because I have ADHD and I understand how social cues are difficult so he probably can't tell I'm not in the mood. Over the course of the next 20 minutes I tell C maybe 5 times I want to sleep and put my headphones on and each time C begins speaking to me after maybe 2 minutes of silence. Finally I was able to sleep for around 4 hours, but when I woke up C started up again. I'm still really tired, and I had some personal issues the day before my flight so I'm also socially exhausted, but I let him talk for a bit before I start watching a show on my phone. I tell him maybe 5 seperate times that I'm trying to watch a show, and that I'm not interested in talking to him right now but maybe later. C still keeps trying to talk to me, and when I snap a bit and tell him I'm getting a bit annoyed he goes into a full on self-hating " i'm so sorry, i'm horrible god im just gonna shut up now" rant, and I feel bad because I should have been nicer to him and I can understand emotions being too strong and spiraling. I tell C that it's okay, and I just want some time to myself as I'm not the chattiest person, but maybe later we can talk. I put my headphones on and watched my show, but C kept trying to speak to me but this time I ignored him, which was honestly a lovely move from me but I just didn't have the energy at this point to interact with him. This was the wrong move, as he moved to get out of the row and stood in the aisle and began yelling at me. I didn't catch everything he said but it was along the lines of " Why can't women believe not all men are bad. Some men are on your side. I'm a nice guy, why are you ignoring me." He storms off to the bathroom and I take that chance to ask a flight attendant if I can change my seat because he really freaked me out and I didn't want to have a panic attack on a plane. The flight attendants were amazing and got my stuff and moved me far away from him.

I feel like i'm TA because he does have autism and I could have been more patient maybe and ignoring him was a poo poo thing to do.

quote:

I KNOW and then when the flight attendants came with me to grab my things, he tried telling them we got in an argument??? I also think i saw him sniffing my jacket but i wasnt wearing my glasses so i pretended not to see it

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Guy should have been kicked off the plane, Last Crusade style.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Mx. posted:

AITA for going home after my fiancè told me to "sit down and shut up"?.

w

what

Easy, he has a fetish for women peeing themselves in public.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Mx. posted:

This guy is just a loving creep. Holy poo poo. Autism is not even germane here.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Don't wanna be too hard, dude's got a condition after all, that part isn't his fault. But drat.

Open up with KPOP, close it with an incel rant. Literal living stereotype.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Edward Fingerhands posted:

This guy is just a loving creep. Holy poo poo. Autism is not even germane here.

Developmental disorders can result in a lack of boundaries and other creepy behavior, but frankly that's not her problem.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Mx. posted:

wow, what a nice guy

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Why do they call themselves nice guys when they aren't nice at all?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for selling my husband's PS5?

quote:

Hear me out!

I f35 bought my husband m37 a PS5 for his birthday a couple of months ago. He was beyond thrilled because he's a gamer but it's been a while since he gamed.

Let me say that the house has been a literal warzone eversince my husband started playing with the PS. he started having rage fits, cusses a lot, throws and breaks expensive stuff like headphones and watched and glasses and his phone. he said it's his normal reaction from being frustrated by losing a round in a game.

I told him this is no way to live because the house is in constant state of anxiety and negativity and my husband's behavior (to me) seemed to be worsening because of how easily he could cuss out and lash out now. I told him if gaming makes him stressed out then he needs to quit. He was like "Ok I will try to tone it down from now on out but don't blame me for being frusrtated with how messed up these games have become lately".

Well, on tuesday I come home and find the place a mess. 300$ dollar game chair was broken and all the stuff on the desk thrown on the floor. I asked him about what happened and he nonchantly told me he lost a round. I lost it on him and told him that I was done cleaning his mess and paying for replacement for every item he destroys and let him know he ran out of chances and the ps5 has now negative impact and needed to go. he said it had nothing to do with the ps5 so I told him the ps5 needs to be sold to pay for damages he caused. He threw a fit but I sold it online..He called me a monster and said that it was selfish of me to return gift that was for him. Yes, I get that it's a gift meant for him but I paid for it and also I'm the one who has to deal with damages since I'm the breadwinner in the house. he went into shut down mode and keeps sleeping instead of spending time with me.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Soylent Pudding posted:

YTA for marrying someone that is obviously a child.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

sell the husband

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Soylent Pudding posted:

Ones like this always make me think back to when my dad was in his late 30s, he'd come home from work and his interests were things like "reading the paper" and "balancing the checkbook". Maybe he just needed the right videogame system to unleash his passion

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

And apparently a useless house husband

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Mx. posted:

My eternal curse is attracting this kind of person (the “talk at you for hours on end with no reciprocation” type, not necessarily the ‘tism) pretty much everywhere I go, and to be honest every time it happens I want to go postal and start breaking things

I’m just trying to drink my beer in peace PLEASE leave me the gently caress alone

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

now guys... before we get too carried away here let's remember that we can refer to this person's behavior without using a word like child. that can be very hurtful to the fully mature adultlike person or pet described in the op. surely a goon much smarter than i can come up with a word to describe the crying, tantrum-throwing, human wrecking ball.

hey, don't look at me! I'm not a thesaurus!

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Bullshit, I have 2 small easily frustrated kids and they don't pull this poo poo

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

The Maroon Hawk posted:

My eternal curse is attracting this kind of person (the “talk at you for hours on end with no reciprocation” type, not necessarily the ‘tism) pretty much everywhere I go, and to be honest every time it happens I want to go postal and start breaking things

I’m just trying to drink my beer in peace PLEASE leave me the gently caress alone

Literally the only way is to actually just straight up be very direct and kinda mean. "I'm sorry, I'm trying to read my book, I'm not interested in having a conversation with you".***

Inevitably they will take great offense and start talking out loud to themselves or anyone nearby about how rude people are and how nobody wants to have conversations anymore.

gently caress 'em.

***If you like getting stoned you can also use the excuse "I'm literally too high to converse right now" and that can work too

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Kenshin posted:

***If you like getting stoned you can also use the excuse "I'm literally too high to converse right now" and that can work too

Unless you are at work you can use this at any time.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Chances are I'm actually high and will earnestly try to converse but come off so stilted and daffy they'd do anything to stop talking to me

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Not any one post, but there's some fucker who's posting this exact same reply to every. single. post. on r/relationships:

quote:

I have some really thoughtful and insightful observations that could completely reframe how you see the situation and inspire you to do amazing things for yourself and others.

Unfortunately the candor and directness in my posts has generated complaints and got me banned.

I can only wish you the best of luck no matter what course of action you choose. Good luck and take care.
:jerkbag:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

This margin is unfortunately too small to contain my eyeroll.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

therobit posted:

Unless you are at work you can use this at any time.

Depends on your field.

If you are like working in a kitchen you can totally be like "dude, I don't want to be rude, I'm just high as gently caress and can only focus on one thing at a time right now."

When the pilot of your 747 says that, you should REALLY leave them alone.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

If he's banned, how is he posting?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

(reddit guy, not you)

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
nooooooo!

please don't go! we were wrong about you! We shunned and shamed you: but you were only telling the truth!

it's because of your candor and directness! we just couldn't handle your brutal honesty! but we need it now! without your absolutely crucial perspective I don't think I can go on living

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I feel like I should copy paste that into like, movie criticism threads and see how much of a meltdown you can inspire

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Barudak posted:

I feel like I should copy paste that into like, movie criticism threads and see how much of a meltdown you can inspire

Been a while since GBS tried a forum invasion.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

The Butcher posted:

(reddit guy, not you)

It's even the right shape for a gang tag and everything.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ensign Expendable posted:

It's even the right shape for a gang tag and everything.

That is a gang-tag based on that other weirdo's lawsuit.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Mx. posted:

AITA for going home after my fiancè told me to "sit down and shut up"?.

w

what

It's one thing to have a "thing" about using public toilets. I understand, public toilets are filthy. But it's your thing.

It's quite another to tell an adult where and when they can relieve themselves.

And if he is pissy, (pun intended) about her embarrassing him, (both by daring to use the word "pee" and/or daring to have autonomy over her own body and use facilities expressly designed for that purpose), then he can get doubly hosed. Because remember he also told a grown woman to "sit down and shut up."

Any further second that this woman stays in a relationship with this arsehole is a second of her life ruined.

Edit: About the 37 year old man whose wife sold the PS5 she bought for him.

quantumwell posted:

And apparently a useless house husband

Seriously. She mentions he is unemployed and stays at home. So not only does he chuck a tantrum and break poo poo because of a videogame, he then leaves it lying around and doesn't clean up after himself. Then expects his wife to clean up, (after her long day at work), and then buy him new poo poo to break.
gently caress this guy also.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 26, 2022

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Soylent Pudding posted:

one time i got so mad at a video game that i turned it off and didn't play it anymore

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Foo Diddley posted:

one time i got so mad at a video game that i turned it off and didn't play it anymore

Lol u mad??

u mad bro??

Lol ragequit much?

bro

bro?

are you still there? help I have no friends

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for moving out suddenly and financially screwing my roommate/best friend?

quote:

So I’ve (27F) been close friends with Tara (26F) for about 8 years now.

Early on we made plans to move in together. She shared a two bedroom with her boyfriend at the time. They had broken up and the plan was for him to move out, and I’d move into her second bedroom.

Three weeks before moving in, she texted me that they had worked things out and no longer wanted me to move in with her. I was pissed because I had already given notice to my apartment and had to move in with my parents. She apologized profusely and had always been a good friend otherwise so I forgave her.

Three months later they broke up for good and he moved out, leaving her struggling to pay bills for the nine months left of the lease. She moved back in with her parents after that in “financial ruin” as she put it.

Years later, this past summer, we moved in together. I was hesitant initially but she did all the work finding a place and paying deposits. It was awesome living with my BFF and we had a great time, until last month.

She had a FWB situation with a guy at her work for almost a year. She sat me down and told me that they were making things official and wanted to move in together, so she wanted me to move out when his lease was up in five months so he could move in with her.

I was livid. I totally blew up at her. I called her a lovely and selfish friend and told her I would never forgive her for jerking me around like this again. The argument ended with both of us in tears.

That weekend, while she was staying at her bf’s, I packed all my poo poo and moved out. I happened to know someone with a nice three bedroom house for rent. It was actually a really good deal that I had only passed up because I’d moved in with her, and I lucked out that it was still available.

She’s been texting me ever since about how I’m screwing her over just like her ex did, that I over reacted, and that she can’t afford the place by herself. Honestly I consider our friendship over at this point, but now that I’ve calmed down I’m wondering if I may be TA.

Edit for clarification: my name wasn’t on the lease, she handled the paperwork. I didn’t want to throw speculation into my post but I 100% believe she did that on purpose.

"Hi friend, yes I'm revoking your housing for the second time....No I didn't mean right NOW I meant at a time it would be convenient for me! Wait! Why aren't you rooming with me anymore?!?!"

You *KNOW* the whole reason only her name was on the lease was to do exactly that.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

it's only ok when I screw over your housing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The simple solution to that problem is to just have the boyfriend move in early.

Yeah it sucks for him, having to pay rent for 2 places for 5(?) months, but what else can you do?

Being EXTREMELY generous to the friend, maybe she thought she was being nice by giving OP 5 months to find a new place to move out into. But even so, she is in no way the victim.

OP got burned twice by the same "hey move in with me! Nah wait now I have a boyfriend, gently caress off out of it." behavior by the friend, and is entirely within her rights to leave and never look back.