Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Defenestrategy posted:

In my experience sros are there to be creepy to the girls, recruit anyone ovee 6 foot to join the football team, and drive in a little golf cart

That’s 3 out of 3 for one of our high school security guards. The first one is what finally got him fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Hyrax Attack! posted:

That’s 3 out of 3 for one of our high school security guards. The first one is what finally got him fired.

I forget the article, but there was one showing that a lot of SROs are Cops the department doesn't want on patrol for exactly reasons like this.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also what the gently caress did they not use ladders, which you know they have, to get to the windows (assuming they even needed them) and try and neutralize the suspect. I get their are kids there, but gently caress the outcome of that “concern” aka cowardice was worse then anything that could have happened if they tried to stop him.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

I forget the article, but there was one showing that a lot of SROs are Cops the department doesn't want on patrol for exactly reasons like this.

A buddy has a retired uncle cop who went full trump supporter. He was notable in his dept’s history for being warned not to use the women’s bathroom even if it’s late at night and he thinks it’s cleaner. Then doing so anyway and getting written up by a very annoyed commander.

He knows another guy so bad with money that despite making six figures, twice a month has to haul poo poo to a waste disposal site as his trailer lacks a septic tank and saving for a down payment would interfere with buying dogecoins/drones/another SUV. Almost needed to go on medical leave as he forgets to drink water. Still a detective with a gun and arrest powers.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Conservatives hate public schools ever since Brown v Board education.

It all comes back to racism.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

CommieGIR posted:

Probably pulling them directly from the Brady list

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Also what the gently caress did they not use ladders, which you know they have, to get to the windows (assuming they even needed them) and try and neutralize the suspect. I get their are kids there, but gently caress the outcome of that “concern” aka cowardice was worse then anything that could have happened if they tried to stop him.

Unless it is the most oddly designed building ever the backside of building looks like it has ground level windows per poking around online

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

davecrazy posted:

Conservatives hate public schools ever since Brown v Board education.

It all comes back to racism.

Yup. Just finished Nixonland and it mentioned the proliferation of Christian academies in the south in the early 1970s when desegregation began being enforced.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Wasabi the J posted:

LMAO y'all crying the cops pushing dead kids parents when in 2020 Americans en masse were shot in the face with rubber bullets for having the audacity to be mad at the police for being violent racists.

And we were pissed about that too. Still pissed about it if you actually read what people are posting. What the gently caress are you on about?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I am really hoping that since dead children didn't move the needle after Sandy Hook that seeing how grossly incompetent and cowardly the police officers responded to this shooting will actually do something

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'm personally still mad/scared about the unmarked vans black bagging people during those protests but, in the wise words of one Mr. Gambino, "This is America" so welp.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

maffew buildings posted:

Unless it is the most oddly designed building ever the backside of building looks like it has ground level windows per poking around online

I had that feeling too, which makes Hicktown PD's actions even more reprehensible. They should have been trying to shoot or ripping the window over or hell crawling in.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nick Soapdish posted:

I am really hoping that since dead children didn't move the needle after Sandy Hook that seeing how grossly incompetent and cowardly the police officers responded to this shooting will actually do something

It will get them increased funding for “training.”

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I had that feeling too, which makes Hicktown PD's actions even more reprehensible. They should have been trying to shoot or ripping the window over or hell crawling in.

Yeah, the fact that they didn't task some people to try to either bust down the door or break through a winder is sheer madness. They just....let the shooter do what he came to do.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

A.o.D. posted:

A universal education system that teaches history, finance, science, civic responsibility, critical thinking, etc. Is absolutely necessary. The thing we have that is called a public education does very little of that and is one of this society's evils.

You're focusing on symptoms of a larger disease and proposing we just cut out vital organs

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I got a GOP voters guide thingy in the mail yesterday. I used it for toilet paper.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

News just had a Texas cop on briefing that the shooter did NOT encounter the SRO.

They are trying really hard to make it sound like they weren't just standing around with their dicks in their hands for 40-60 min.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

lightpole posted:

You're focusing on symptoms of a larger disease and proposing we just cut out vital organs

See, the difference here is what you're calling a vital organ I'm seeing as a pulsing tumor.

Let me put it another way, how can a system that is gripped with CRT panic or Don't say gay legislation be anything but fatally flawed?

And yes I know that one school system isn't every school system, but what's the model school system in this country? Which one is doing what it's supposed to?

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 26, 2022

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

A.o.D. posted:

See, the difference here is what you're calling a vital organ I'm seeing as a pulsing tumor.

Yes public schools purposely bled out until they can barely function now face calls for their complete removal. Who benefits the most from this? What group in this country tries very hard to make sure this is what happens?

Schools need funding and fixing not getting rid of them so that only rich people's children can get education going forward

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Like as bad as some are, public schools are one of the very few social safety nets we have where kids can get federally paid food, basic education, maybe see a nurse or an adult other than their own family, etc.

Public school access is extremely important.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

Let me put it another way, how can a system that is gripped with CRT panic or Don't say gay legislation be anything but fatally flawed?

And yes I know that one school system isn't every school system, but what's the model school system in this country? Which one is doing what it's supposed to?

jesus christ

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

A.o.D. posted:

Find some place rich and white. Probably a good model to start from.

As said though one half (or more) of our current political system is dedicated to making them all lovely so it can be privatised, then used to put boots on necks harder and younger for profit.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

:picard:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Jesus loving Christ

https://twitter.com/BillFOXLA/status/1529895723243909141

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
and even with the new "info", it still took 45+ minutes for some border patrol guys to end this, while the cops, again, did nothing

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ah, we're just going to make poo poo up to fit the narrative we want.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1529897787042803718?s=21&t=pauYncThgKOzIq5MhvFmMw

It’s like the cops realized parents no longer had to contend with Typhoid or Timmy working in a gilded age textile factory, so invented bonus challenges for parents and kids.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

fknlo posted:

Ah, we're just going to make poo poo up to fit the narrative we want.

"Turns out it was a gas leak that killed the kids, not a shooter."

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Waiting now for “Update: Shooter was actually 43-year-old cop”

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
better give them a few more million dollars, just in case

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1529897787042803718?s=21&t=pauYncThgKOzIq5MhvFmMw

It’s like the cops realized parents no longer had to contend with Typhoid or Timmy working in a gilded age textile factory, so invented bonus challenges for parents and kids.

This is just... so disgusting...

ALL of those cops need to be fired. They are all responsible for at least some of the children's deaths.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mlmp08 posted:

There’s gonna be so much litigation from this and deservedly so.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007
Hey look at this neat unrelated thing from Wikipedia I found

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimation_(punishment)

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Pigs give zero fucks about that because it ends up paid for by the taxpayers and the cop causing the problem gets administrative leave until public pressure stops then goes back to normal. They get one of the few unions in the country that actually has power outside of (increasingly illegal for the little people) strikes.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Make it home no matter what, it's just some children being shot :shrug:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
cities pay out billions a year in settlements, none of which effects police or police pension funding. meanwhile, virtually every other budget can get raided to make up shortfalls in police funding.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

During my very brief time as a pig before discovering gay space communism (okay that was later I just hated that 90% of my job was inconveniencing people at best) our training in a relatively “normal” blue state, not even rah rah Texas, was still 100% if there is any kind of active shooter unless told otherwise you run directly to where you think they are, yell at people who aren’t active shooters to run, and shoot the person shooting at other people. Unless they are taking hostages and not shooting them you never cordon and wait. It was basically the one circumstance where you’re supposed to throw caution to the wind since you can’t really make the situation worse. That was very explicitly trained and taught.

It’s pretty much the doctrine everywhere to my knowledge after the Columbine shooting many many more years ago when mass shootings weren’t really a thing, where the cops tried to treat it like a hostage taking with even more horrifying results.

My training was like a decade ago too and it’s not like we don’t have even more stats on mass shooting since then. There’s a very very strong inverse correlation with total dead or wounded in the attack and the amount of time the shooter had before they encountered some sort of threat.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
welp, basically ignore everything I said earlier, not a thing these cops said can be trusted

https://twitter.com/reeseoxner/status/1529897254542356492?t=YPqYzEJsFag2h9zi_ulp_w&s=19

https://twitter.com/AshleyRParker/status/1529906155950067721?t=Ug-8SZmsEf6Gz2Z-mFmiKA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Marshal Prolapse posted:

On what grounds? Thanks to our wonderful moon logic judicial traditions cops have no duty in any sense to do anything and if they sue because their rights were violated any judge will just say that because it was a dangerous and chaotic situation they have the right to do whatever.

Even then if they win damages, which they almost certainly wont since they probably won’t even get a hearing because legally speaking they have no case I can think of, qualified immunity is still a thing everywhere but colorado so they cannot actually hold any cop criminally or civilly liable.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 26, 2022