Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

paul_soccer12 posted:

You should though
Legal weed is a boutique rich white kid issue unless he's going to release all nonviolent drug offenders from prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

paul_soccer12 posted:

You should though
Legal weed is a boutique rich white kid issue unless he's going to release all nonviolent drug offenders from prison

yeah those rich white kids are the ones who are getting arrested day after day, best to do nothing so as to make sure they face the consequences . oh wait whats that?

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

does anyone have a helpful primer on why exactly fetterman sucks? my most politically active friends are staunch pussyhat-style liberals and the only critique i could get out of them about him was "he's great! he held up a black guy once he's just the best!!"

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

matureaudiencesonly posted:

does anyone have a helpful primer on why exactly fetterman sucks? my most politically active friends are staunch pussyhat-style liberals and the only critique i could get out of them about him was "he's great! he held up a black guy once he's just the best!!"

he thinks palestinian genocide is cool but hes epic reddit legalize it so its hard to say if hes good or bad

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
holding the first unarmed black man you see at gunpoint because you heard a car backfire doesn't disqualify you from being a good leftist. have you seen the other guy?!

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

i mean yea that's my point, it's enough for me to think he's a shithead and not want to throw all-in with him but i figured i might as well try to educate my friends about other areas he sucks in. palestinian genocide is certainly another in the 'cons' column!!

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1526732962095677443
this is that vibe
https://twitter.com/LeviFetterman/status/1526580652119928832
he's pro fracking
midlevel are troops
obvs pro 2A
huge israel supporter

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-election/fetterman-says-just-democrat-moves-closer-senate-nomination-rcna22809
from his mouth "I'm not progressive, I'm just a democrat."

So if you consider his pro-weed opinion then he's the best dem candidate in forever

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

this dude is lettuce. sorry Penn goons.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
man he is ugly as hell

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

paul_soccer12 posted:

he thinks palestinian genocide is cool but hes epic reddit legalize it so its hard to say if hes good or bad

he's also pro fracking isn't he?

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

he's also pro fracking isn't he?
Mr. Fetterman, who toppled an incumbent Democrat in 2018 from the left, nevertheless calls Pennsylvania “the Saudi Arabia of natural gas” and sees extracting and taxing gas as critical to the state’s economy and the “union way of life.”
“Pennsylvania is a margin play,” said John Fetterman, Pennsylvania’s lieutenant governor. “And an outright ban on fracking isn’t a margin play.”

"What I hope we do, is we make it so it becomes there is eventually a de facto moratorium because the transition is going to be toward green and renewable energy.”

dude just wants to get elected

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

We need more ugly senators

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

We need more ugly senators

enormous ugly oaf senators. I want to see a senator break a chair by sitting down or a senator split their pants bending over to pickup a dropped sandwich

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

the chair recognizes that the honorable gentleman from pennsylvania split his jorts reassembling his primanti bros. I understand all furniture is like kindergarten parent teacher conference night to you. yes sir, we all know you put the french fries on the sandwich

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

The Cut of Your Jib posted:

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1526732962095677443
this is that vibe
https://twitter.com/LeviFetterman/status/1526580652119928832
he's pro fracking
midlevel are troops
obvs pro 2A
huge israel supporter

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-election/fetterman-says-just-democrat-moves-closer-senate-nomination-rcna22809
from his mouth "I'm not progressive, I'm just a democrat."

So if you consider his pro-weed opinion then he's the best dem candidate in forever

ty friendo!

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

bedpan posted:

enormous ugly oaf senators. I want to see a senator break a chair by sitting down or a senator split their pants bending over to pickup a dropped sandwich

I'm pretty sure we've already had some real fatass senators.

According to Wikipedia...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixon_Hall_Lewis

quote:

A strikingly obese figure, Lewis was known to weigh as much as 500 pounds (227 kg), making him the heaviest member of Congress ever. A specially-constructed seat was provided in the Senate chambers for him, and his carriage was fitted with unusually heavy suspension springs. According to the WPA Federal Writers' Project publication Alabama: A Guide to the Deep South, a popular witticism among Lewis's colleagues was the observation that Alabama had the largest representation of any state.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

i mean yea that's my point, it's enough for me to think he's a shithead and not want to throw all-in with him but i figured i might as well try to educate my friends about other areas he sucks in. palestinian genocide is certainly another in the 'cons' column!!

I mean, he won the primary, (and it's not like his opponents were better), so the choice now is the big man or whichever Republican crawls out of the wreckage of their primary. If you'd rather have Dr. Oz then go nuts, but otherwise I don't know what purpose you serve by trying to turn people against him. If you successfully dissuade your friends from voting for him the only person you're helping is Dr. Oz.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

thekeeshman posted:

I mean, he won the primary, (and it's not like his opponents were better), so the choice now is the big man or whichever Republican crawls out of the wreckage of their primary. If you'd rather have Dr. Oz then go nuts, but otherwise I don't know what purpose you serve by trying to turn people against him. If you successfully dissuade your friends from voting for him the only person you're helping is Dr. Oz.

Lol

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fetterman is a fascist and if you support him, you're a fascist too. :)

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Quote this post in a year if fettermen is just the next krysten sinema

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The system only offers us a choice between dullards with bad opinions but dammit can you do better????

Baykin
Feb 11, 2008
maybe just stop voting for lovely people perhaps

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

Baykin posted:

maybe just stop voting for lovely people perhaps

You can advocate or protest or whatever you want, but at this point you have the choice between two people. You can vote for whichever you dislike less, or you can not vote and have no effect at all on the outcome. Sometimes you have to weigh two options you don't like, welcome to adulthood.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

thekeeshman posted:

You can advocate or protest or whatever you want, but at this point you have the choice between two people. You can vote for whichever you dislike less, or you can not vote and have no effect at all on the outcome. Sometimes you have to weigh two options you don't like, welcome to adulthood.

not my problem

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

"A dude who is pro giving fascists guns": Sometimes you need to hold your nose and vote for the lesser evil.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

How does cspam still have these types wandering around.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

thekeeshman posted:

you live in a world where the only choices you have are ones provided for you which is just nuts my man

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Blue wavers are holding shapiro up as a bulwark for and last hope of american democracy

hes gonna lose so hard

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Riot Bimbo posted:

you live in a world where the only choices you have are ones provided for you which is just nuts my man

Every day his mommy asks if he wants the blue shirt or the red shirt and then forces him to wear the one he doesn't pick.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vote 4 Shrek

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Only if he wears long shorts to congress

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Uncle Wemus posted:

Quote this post in a year if fettermen is just the next krysten sinema

I hope he has sex with Mitt Romney

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

there are, at heart, no choices offered within american electoral politics. if you vote, you are voting for fascism, the ruination of the earth, the oppression and genocide of all marginalized peoples, and the furtherance of upper-class interests which will degrade and ultimately destroy any opportunity for the betterment of mankind. there is no candidate--fundamentally, without exception, from here until the end of time--exempt from that reality, because the system itself is designed to facilitate all of the above, and to compromise or prevent any effort to stop it. with few exceptions, mostly on local ballots, there is no meaningful change that can be effected within the constraints of the electoral system; the only efforts with even the most remote possibility of accomplishing something positive will come from outside the system

there is no truly virtuous dimension to anything you can do in a voting booth, because simply by stepping inside one you are symbolically supporting an engine of blood that will consume all of humanity. given that, the Strictly Correct opinion is not "don't vote for evil murderers", but rather just "don't vote". so if you actually do bother going to the polls, and you make a "protest vote" for a candidate whose policies are not actively inhuman but who has no chance, you are jerking yourself off, and your self-righteousness is a pathetic illusion which serves no purpose but to mollify your guilt over participating in this hideous lie of a society

because, and make no mistake: there is no ethical consumption under capitalism, and all of our political realities are ultimately downstream from the bloodthirsty economic model we suffer under. you support the system every day, you participate in it 24/7, and getting your pantaloons twisted over your ultimately inconsequential 5 minutes filling out a ballot is laughable. children will be starved and skeletonized regardless, and the "best" you can do is marginally ease the brutality inflicted upon relatively minuscule segments of the population. if you're not willing to ~compromise your ethics~ by doing so, fine, power to you, i'm not advocating you change your mind. but this huffy "well i'm not voting for a fascist" routine is a loving joke, it is a contemptible self-justification for your own (inevitable) culpability, and it makes you look like a tool

namaste

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

thekeeshman posted:

god this is just pure distilled liberal paternalism. you belong in D&D

you are stupid as poo poo and everyone else in this thread is smarter than you. take your high road and shove it up your rear end, bucko, champ, chief

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

there are, at heart, no choices offered within american electoral politics. if you vote, you are voting for fascism, the ruination of the earth, the oppression and genocide of all marginalized peoples, and the furtherance of upper-class interests which will degrade and ultimately destroy any opportunity for the betterment of mankind. there is no candidate--fundamentally, without exception, from here until the end of time--exempt from that reality, because the system itself is designed to facilitate all of the above, and to compromise or prevent any effort to stop it. with few exceptions, mostly on local ballots, there is no meaningful change that can be effected within the constraints of the electoral system; the only efforts with even the most remote possibility of accomplishing something positive will come from outside the system

there is no truly virtuous dimension to anything you can do in a voting booth, because simply by stepping inside one you are symbolically supporting an engine of blood that will consume all of humanity. given that, the Strictly Correct opinion is not "don't vote for evil murderers", but rather just "don't vote". so if you actually do bother going to the polls, and you make a "protest vote" for a candidate whose policies are not actively inhuman but who has no chance, you are jerking yourself off, and your self-righteousness is a pathetic illusion which serves no purpose but to mollify your guilt over participating in this hideous lie of a society

because, and make no mistake: there is no ethical consumption under capitalism, and all of our political realities are ultimately downstream from the bloodthirsty economic model we suffer under. you support the system every day, you participate in it 24/7, and getting your pantaloons twisted over your ultimately inconsequential 5 minutes filling out a ballot is laughable. children will be starved and skeletonized regardless, and the "best" you can do is marginally ease the brutality inflicted upon relatively minuscule segments of the population. if you're not willing to ~compromise your ethics~ by doing so, fine, power to you, i'm not advocating you change your mind. but this huffy "well i'm not voting for a fascist" routine is a loving joke, it is a contemptible self-justification for your own (inevitable) culpability, and it makes you look like a tool

namaste

did;nt read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

go vote about it