Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
lmao the mcelroy conspiracy callout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Man, nobody talking about the "virtual liveshow" the other night? Well, I enjoyed it. :colbert:

Even if it did feel a bit long. . . maybe a little too much "vampires don't understand human things," even if the arguments over it were great.
Travis definitely works better running completely unhinged one-shots than a full series, at least. (In this case, a trio of vampires in a setting where everyone is a vampire and humans are just folklore searching a human's spooky ordinary house, encountering a vampire hunter, and also instead of rolling dice they play Jenga. Clint has never played Jenga before.)

I especially loved the bit where Justin started making up things about Humans and Travis, having already stated that human reflections could walk out of mirrors, just went with it. And the bit where Griffin vaped Clint

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Captain France posted:

. And the bit where Griffin vaped Clint

MCELROY VORE CANON

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Captain France posted:

Man, nobody talking about the "virtual liveshow" the other night? Well, I enjoyed it. :colbert:

Even if it did feel a bit long. . . maybe a little too much "vampires don't understand human things," even if the arguments over it were great.
Travis definitely works better running completely unhinged one-shots than a full series, at least. (In this case, a trio of vampires in a setting where everyone is a vampire and humans are just folklore searching a human's spooky ordinary house, encountering a vampire hunter, and also instead of rolling dice they play Jenga. Clint has never played Jenga before.)

I especially loved the bit where Justin started making up things about Humans and Travis, having already stated that human reflections could walk out of mirrors, just went with it. And the bit where Griffin vaped Clint

Hadn't gotten a chance to watch it yet, but I'm planning to tonight

Looking forward to it!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RandomPauI posted:

RIP the mysterious Beholder

Also lmao this was A+

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Clint McElroy and Jenga

I was crying

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

i recently learned that the pringles fact that justin likes to bring up every time pringles are brought up on the munch squad or in podcast conversation is corporate propaganda. Pringles not being potato chips is a self imposed thing to prevent certain regulations and isn't even true in the UK where they were forced to pay millions in back value added tax

i cant believe hes getting money from big Pringle

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Props for getting that Pringle money. If I quit my real job right as my side hustle was losing steam, and then a global pandemic hit, I would absolutely want to get that Pringle money. Also Pringles are delicious.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So people in the UK call chips "crisps" because of the marketing masterminds at Pringles? Dang!

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I have no idea where that comes from.

In the UK they were deemed the equivalent of potato chips in the US. Thry tried to claim they're not to get out of paying VAT. It did not go over.

The "actually its not chips because theyre made of reconstituted potato granules" stuff was just some bullshit to get out of paying said taxes.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
Dread, a TTRPG that's pretty well known for only really working in-person, was an odd choice for a virtual show, especially since they're touring now so they could have done it at an actual live show or recorded when they were all in a hotel or something.

Also the reveals of van Helsing's unhinged vampires proof house would have been perfect for a live audience to hoot and holler about.

Acute Grill fucked around with this message at 14:36 on May 24, 2022

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Sankis posted:

I have no idea where that comes from.

In the UK they were deemed the equivalent of potato chips in the US. Thry tried to claim they're not to get out of paying VAT. It did not go over.

The "actually its not chips because theyre made of reconstituted potato granules" stuff was just some bullshit to get out of paying said taxes.

They did win one about Pringles designed for dipping, weirdly enough, because the judge decided that you wouldn't eat them on their own so they "required further preparation"

For some reason this wasn't overturned when a subsequent case on some other crisp went to a different judge who said "dipping is not preparing food are you loving kidding me"

UK VAT law is a huge mess, especially where food is concerned

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Nows your chance to own a Travis McElroy prop signed by Travis himself and give a charity some money. Some other people wrote on it to

https://twitter.com/johnnystantoniv/status/1529588477192556545

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ1vN_91KO0

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

TEN??

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I dont know what I expected

But that looks awful

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
“Trevor” is not his name, at least according to IMDB:

quote:

Man Bee is an ordinary homeless man looking for work when a business woman mistakenly takes him for her new house sitter. Wacky hi-jinks ensue as Man tries to take care of this house while he is pursued by a mischievous bee.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

It looks ok but it's no War with Grampa.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
cutting social commentary by Mr Atkinson

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
isn’t he like known to be a pretty lovely Tory IRL?

He’s friends with Clarkson, so he’s probably doing something wrong

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Ok Comboomer posted:

isn’t he like known to be a pretty lovely Tory IRL?

He’s friends with Clarkson, so he’s probably doing something wrong

He's wealthy enough that he can afford to crash a McClaren F1 so yeah, almost certainly a tory.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Fil5000 posted:

It looks ok but it's no War with Grampa.

Did they do an entire episode on this again?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

He's wealthy enough that he can afford to crash a McClaren F1 so yeah, almost certainly a tory.

The original Mr Bean is only 15 episodes

He built that whole drat fortune and an internationally beloved brand that continues to rake in gangbusters and has a colossal YouTube presence on 15 episodes

And don’t say Blackadder, only nerds, Britons of a certain age, and anglophiles (nerds) know about that show, and it certainly didn’t make him any serious money

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Ok Comboomer posted:

The original Mr Bean is only 15 episodes

He built that whole drat fortune and an internationally beloved brand that continues to rake in gangbusters and has a colossal YouTube presence on 15 episodes

And don’t say Blackadder, only nerds, Britons of a certain age, and anglophiles (nerds) know about that show, and it certainly didn’t make him any serious money

He did adverts too. I assume those made a few quid.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

He did adverts too. I assume those made a few quid.

Those 15 eps were also cut and repackaged and compiled and resold a million different ways

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

He's another old boomer that rants and raves about cancel culture because "they're just jokes"

Probably transphobic too, gently caress 'im.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I just assume that every Briton aged 40+ who hasn’t explicitly come out in support of trans people is transphobic at this point

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ok Comboomer posted:

I just assume that every Briton aged 40+ who hasn’t explicitly come out in support of trans people is transphobic at this point

Someone (probably the daily mail) implied that Brian May of Queen was a transphobe. They took something out of context and he blasted them pretty hard for it.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Someone (probably the daily mail) implied that Brian May of Queen was a transphobe. They took something out of context and he blasted them pretty hard for it.

Brian May is a global treasure

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The modus operandi for Telegraph interviews:
"Your performance in the latest blockbuster was excellent, a real tour de force. Can you talk about your methods?"
*actor drones on for half an hour*
"Fascinating stuff. While I've got you, cancel culture for harmless jokes is going a bit far these days isn't it?"
*actor non-plussedly mumbles agreement, then continues talking about their film/personal life/own pet issue*
Article goes live "Hollywood A-Lister Blasts Cancel Culture"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A very special episode of the Besties with a very special fill in guest since Chris and Russ were out.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Pretty intrigued by v rising I gotta say. But it is an awful name.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

External Organs posted:

Pretty intrigued by v rising I gotta say.
the progression mechanics in this sound really good but I just can't bear to play as a vampire because they're such nasty boys

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Shinjobi posted:

A very special episode of the Besties with a very special fill in guest since Chris and Russ were out.

Oh poo poo, they brought back Nick?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

General Dog posted:

Oh poo poo, they brought back Nick?

No, a DIFFERENT nasty boy

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Travis posted this yesterday and drat i never noticed how much he looks like his dad before

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/1530591503252213760?t=mqr2ERRh0WNW8XPDmJf0Ug&s=19

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Sankis posted:

Travis posted this yesterday and drat i never noticed how much he looks like his dad before

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/1530591503252213760?t=mqr2ERRh0WNW8XPDmJf0Ug&s=19

130PM? That first signing better have some pee breaks

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The Mr Bean youtube presence is actually incredibly weird SEO hell stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qYKXLr28zo

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Yeah it's really wild poo poo, just the absolute cheapest reusing of bean material

but also booooo gus johnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Sankis posted:

but also booooo gus johnson

Go on