Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Steelworks just added to beta

Produces steel/wire hourly, with rare chance of getting runestones 1, 6, 7, 8 and flywheels.
None of those runestones are generally mentioned as difficult to get, would be better if it was the corn or hops ones imo.
Getting more flywheels is great, those are real nasty to craft. Possibly the most difficult item to craft even?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
My exploring is lagging way behind everything else. 10-18 levels. Does spamming stamina give more xp than using lemonades/Arnold palmers?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

No, the xp you get is based on the items you find, each item awards a certain amount of xp.
Doesn’t matter if the item is found with stamina or Lemonade/AP

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

Steelworks just added to beta

Produces steel/wire hourly, with rare chance of getting runestones 1, 6, 7, 8 and flywheels.
None of those runestones are generally mentioned as difficult to get, would be better if it was the corn or hops ones imo.
Getting more flywheels is great, those are real nasty to craft. Possibly the most difficult item to craft even?

The flywheel parts chest drops from parrots now, so that's less time spent filling the void with sandstone from BRC. Of course, that still requires a lot of keys from fishing Minerva unless you're 4*99 and have the bear..

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Starting to play this, is there a good referral code to use? I don’t think the one in the OP is working

Edit maybe it is working? How do I get the bonus?

Sexual Aluminum fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 26, 2022

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

No, the xp you get is based on the items you find, each item awards a certain amount of xp.
Doesn’t matter if the item is found with stamina or Lemonade/AP

This isn’t quite correct. You get XP for items found, but you also get some amount of XP just for the act of exploring. Drop your stamina below the number so that you only spend one stamina at a time. Check your exploring XP. Now explore once - even if you don’t receive an item, you’ll still see your exploring XP has increased when you check it again.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Starting to play this, is there a good referral code to use? I don’t think the one in the OP is working

Edit maybe it is working? How do I get the bonus?

IIRC you don't get the referral bonus until you hit farming 20 or something. So you have to play for a bit then you'll get the referral reward.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Agent355 posted:

IIRC you don't get the referral bonus until you hit farming 20 or something. So you have to play for a bit then you'll get the referral reward.

Ok cool. Game seems fun so far. I’m in as Adobo

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Yeah, OP should be updated to indicate that it you don’t get the referral bonus until level30 farming

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Kalman posted:

This isn’t quite correct. You get XP for items found, but you also get some amount of XP just for the act of exploring. Drop your stamina below the number so that you only spend one stamina at a time. Check your exploring XP. Now explore once - even if you don’t receive an item, you’ll still see your exploring XP has increased when you check it again.

isnt this just the xp you would otherwise have gained from iron?

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
29 more golden leaves until I unlock WC. I don’t think I’m going to be helping Buddy with his blue gel thirst before it expires.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

library posted:

Every time you explore, you get 125 base experience, in all areas. You also get the XP added in for items you find while exploring. This is true, even if your inventory for that item is full. You don't get the extra item, but you do get the XP for it. There is also some bonus XP possible if you rank up your Stamina Effectiveness.

This is why I traded my lemonade for OJ when doing that final Exploring levelling push. Last I did it in trade it was about 80 OJ : 200 Lemonade (prices may vary)l

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Large Island is insane. People said it would be a huge jump in xp but I didn’t realize how huge.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Well I finally got my lavasphere. I know I need to craft a doodad to get to the next areas but it requires a quest reward and I'm not sure which. Still need to hit 70 in farming to get cotton for one of the quests and the other requires 250 of a ton of different fish which is gonna take quite a few nets.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
So I need some help with silver spending decisions.
I have a sawmill making 466boards/wood per hour. 250 apple, 260 oranges, 310 lemons. 400 grapes per day. 11 Iron/33Nails every 3 mins. 11 steel and 4 wire per hour. 270 straw/hour. 540 stone per hour with a 932 inventory.
My pets:

I have all farm upgrades I can get with 83 farming. I have the 100m crop row.
I am on the second last step of Parts Unknown, one that requires Corn while I am in Corn jail to begin with. Large Islands are unlocked and making me tons of silver.
Where do I focus my silver now?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

This game seems super cute, in as chictrombone

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This seems like a cute and dumb way to waste time when I should be working, I'm in as FarmBlaster

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Tahirovic posted:

250 apple, 260 oranges, 310 lemons

With everything else you have I'm surprised you haven't maxed out your fruit production; free ongoing stamina is great

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Tahirovic posted:

So I need some help with silver spending decisions.
I have a sawmill making 466boards/wood per hour. 250 apple, 260 oranges, 310 lemons. 400 grapes per day. 11 Iron/33Nails every 3 mins. 11 steel and 4 wire per hour. 270 straw/hour. 540 stone per hour with a 932 inventory.
My pets:

I have all farm upgrades I can get with 83 farming. I have the 100m crop row.
I am on the second last step of Parts Unknown, one that requires Corn while I am in Corn jail to begin with. Large Islands are unlocked and making me tons of silver.
Where do I focus my silver now?

Max your orchard to your inventory size as a next step for sure.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Hello goons, I am playing as Unponderable. Nice to farm with you.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Just friended all the new people on this page as AReallyCoolDog!

(The game is not good about informing you that someone added you as a friend, but you can see who has added you at the bottom of the My Profile section and clicking "Friended By.")

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Kaboobi posted:

Max your orchard to your inventory size as a next step for sure.

Yep. The value of boards/wood tails off pretty hard after a certain point - one board is 7040 silver per hour (assuming sturdy shields). The 276th board costs enough that it doesn’t break even until 58 hours - assuming you never void boards. I think people are putting waaaaay too much emphasis on the sawmill too early; definitely upgrade into the 100-200 range early, but you don’t need to push past there all that quickly, and definitely not worth doing so if you haven’t inventory-maxed your orchard.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Kalman posted:

Yep. The value of boards/wood tails off pretty hard after a certain point - one board is 7040 silver per hour (assuming sturdy shields). The 276th board costs enough that it doesn’t break even until 58 hours - assuming you never void boards. I think people are putting waaaaay too much emphasis on the sawmill too early; definitely upgrade into the 100-200 range early, but you don’t need to push past there all that quickly, and definitely not worth doing so if you haven’t inventory-maxed your orchard.

My rule of thumb is: "What rate of boards/wood do I need to completely fill my inventory in 8 hours?"

And then I go with that.

Unrelatedly, I did a little banking...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Fuckin leeks

Leeeeeeks

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Less than 100 corn and I get to walk outta corn jail a free farmer. I wonder how long until my internal clock adjusts so my brain doesn’t say “harvest corn” every 49 minutes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Now you're free to grow mushrooms all day and glue stuff together.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
In as WhereDaHempAt. Game is good. Definitely scratches that itch that Amaranthine never fully managed to find.

Also, I love how they throw a ton of free poo poo at you from the quests. All of the apples, orange juice, and fishing nets have really helped boost my exploring and fishing very quickly.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Still growing corn with no runestone. Been nearly 3 weeks now. Rip. Or maybe 2 weeks? Hard to tell.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Neat little game, I joined as Beorc.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Vasler posted:

Still growing corn with no runestone. Been nearly 3 weeks now. Rip. Or maybe 2 weeks? Hard to tell.

If you truly want to suffer, you can look at the Mastery page to see how many corns you've harvested without getting the runestone.

I got the runestone after 6000+

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I got about average luck on corn but I got both eggplant and hops, the other two crop runestones between 11-20, without even having to grind for them. Now I'm just walled by the quests that require me to get a ton of fish or do some exploring for bugs.

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?

Koryk posted:

I begged some Shimmer Stone off of someone who was voiding it for GM.

Now I’m 2/64 for Gold Leafs. *sigh* Not as close as I thought.

Yeah I’m stuck right before that part trying to get a corn rune and I’m not looking forward to it. I’ve seen it recommended to grab the frog pet And level it to 6 ASAP just to get leaves but that costs a billion silver. I already have 29 leaves after buying some from Bergen Wednesday so I’m debating whether to do that or resign myself to farming the forest for however long it takes to get the rest of them.

Edit: not sure how I quoted a post from page 5, you’re probably done by now

Moldy Sausage fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 29, 2022

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Made it to Whispering Creek finally and got my first raptor egg to boot! It was a good day.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
What's voiding exactly? Is it just knowing you're at your inventory limit and not caring when exploring so you just lose out on the items, like I'm doing right now with stones?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Fhqwhgads posted:

What's voiding exactly? Is it just knowing you're at your inventory limit and not caring when exploring so you just lose out on the items, like I'm doing right now with stones?

Yes. You still get XP and Mastery for items you gather but don’t have inventory space for, so sometimes it’s worth just powering through. You should always have a use for spare Stone though, crafting Fancy Pipes or Horseshoes or Iron Cups, no reason to void it and miss out on that easy Silver.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

It's just being lazy. I'm up to lanterns for silver and I am crafting the smaller stuff with extras. Currently saving up for a pig pen while I grow endless corn.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

How screwed am I if i don't finish the monthly quests? Only a couple days left and I'm nowhere near Always Be Corning...

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

oldskool posted:

How screwed am I if i don't finish the monthly quests? Only a couple days left and I'm nowhere near Always Be Corning...

You’re just missing out on some various rewards. Not anything game breaking.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The reward for the final Corning quest is slightly less valuable now that we've got the parrot giving chests and crab claws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I do love how helpful the community is, at least where I am still probably early-mid game. Sent a chat asking what a fair trade for 100 spiders would be and people just flooded my mailbox with them for free.

It's worth it spending some gold on mailbox upgrades for sure.