Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

i say swears online posted:

y'all gonna high-five each other in opposite-facing customs lines?

good game good game good game

good marriage good marriage good marriage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
no benefits, this is a strictly paper transaction

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

rules that everyone has to emigrate to live in a home which they own

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

in case you shoot from the hip with your research, learn from my mistakes. poo poo is rough as hell in ireland.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

bitmap posted:

in case you shoot from the hip with your research, learn from my mistakes. poo poo is rough as hell in ireland.

did you get citizenship?

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

indigi posted:

did you get citizenship?

yeah I married a mick

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

bitmap posted:

the gonna get a house in cuba guy has definitely researched the topic thoroughly do not worry

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Love to buy property on the cuban open market

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bitmap posted:

yeah I married a mick

you married mick jagger? nice dude

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

projecthalaxy posted:

Love to buy property on the cuban open market

love to squat just outside the reach of unarmed cuban police

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

bitmap posted:

yeah I married a mick

well drat put that EU citizenship to use

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i know japanese so i'd like to maybe live there in japan. but then i think about it and all my friends and family are either in usa or europe which is very far from there. also I don't even know how to tell jokes in japanese very well. hmm

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I wonder if/when going back to Turkey is gonna be clearly the best choice lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Japan is expensive as hell why would you retire there. if you can afford that you can probably fly back and forth

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Casey Finnigan posted:

i know japanese so i'd like to maybe live there in japan. but then i think about it and all my friends and family are either in usa or europe which is very far from there. also I don't even know how to tell jokes in japanese very well. hmm

fortunately japanese people love foreigners

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

indigi posted:

well drat put that EU citizenship to use

I am brother, I live and work here. Taking my daughter to Sicily next week :)

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

indigi posted:

Japan is expensive as hell why would you retire there. if you can afford that you can probably fly back and forth

i can't retire anywhere. i would live in japan cause i could actually work a normal job and afford to rent an apartment in that country

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

would you be interested in starting a harem to help housing market thread regulars get eu citizenship

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i am going to gentrify cuba

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Casey Finnigan posted:

i can't retire anywhere. i would live in japan cause i could actually work a normal job and afford an apartment in that country

oh well good luck with that

bitmap posted:

I am brother, I live and work here. Taking my daughter to Sicily next week :)

hell yeah

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i am going to gentrify cuba

that’s impossible, fortunately for them

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I'd like cuba to colonize us

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Would be nice to have both healthcare and a community doctor.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

You can actually apply to cuba to study medicine. Rania Khalek interviewed a bunch of US students there when she was visiting.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Theres that crazy libertarian island off norway where there are no laws, Skalbard or whatever. Maybe they need gentrification.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I knew a guy in England at the bbc who got himself an Asian American girlfriend and she was going to come over and live with him using his buddy who was a real estate agent to sponsor her work visa

until they found out the real estate agent would have to advertise the job in all of Europe first before offering it to her.

she was born on an airplane flight between Japan and USA. her parents were allowed to choose her nationality and they went with USA. had they gone with Japan, she would have been able to move to UK with no limitations under current Commonwealth immigration laws but instead the only way she could get over and stay and work was to marry the guy lmao

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

i am harry posted:

she was born on an airplane flight between Japan and USA. her parents were allowed to choose her nationality and they went with USA. had they gone with Japan, she would have been able to move to UK with no limitations under current Commonwealth immigration laws

lol that’s not true

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://twitter.com/LizAnnSonders/status/1529916924594901025

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

You can actually apply to cuba to study medicine. Rania Khalek interviewed a bunch of US students there when she was visiting.

yeah it’s cool. my friend was going to do that but it’s two more years, plus he’d have had to intern here anyway iirc

e: residency, not internship, and most hospitals won’t give Cuban trained doctors a job

indigi has issued a correction as of 21:26 on May 26, 2022

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
My mother's husband died a few months ago (no pity please he was a jackass and they'd been separated for a few years anyway) and his house is gonna go on sale I think later this week or early next week.

I think it might be reasonably priced? From what she's said. If you are looking in the Lansing Michigan area and want me to send it to you when it's up give me a holler via pm.

I have been to the house; it's fine, seems like a nice neighborhood with sidewalks and stuff (these are the things I miss most about Michigan, sidewalks loving rule don't take them for granted). I don't know anything about the overall location. But yeah, hit me up anyone.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

most of Asia is going to be uninhabitable due to climate change so Western Europe is still going to be the best bet for most people

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

why is the line going up in the 07 crash?

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Would be nice to have both healthcare and a community doctor.

And an education system that people actually care about.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

shrike82 posted:

most of Asia is going to be uninhabitable due to climate change so Western Europe is still going to be the best bet for most people

is Turkey Asia or Europe?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

then make it recessionary territory

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

Both, i think? Like Russia? Maybe?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mawarannahr posted:

Europe when they're doing something the west wants and Asian when they aren't.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

they’re not part of Western Europe by any definition

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Here's a definition for ya:

Western Europe (noun): A place that includes Turkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

why is the line going up in the 07 crash?

people being forced to sell after layoffs, this is where blackstone or w/e bought up all the inventory and rented them