Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Motherfuckers it’s Memorial Day not Memorial Week, you want that whole time off give us the loving holiday week too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

T-Square posted:

Lol my parents are leaving for a cruise this weekend and my dad just popped over to toss a Power of Attorney packet for them at me “in case the boat sinks”

Take that older sister, I’m easily the favorite child, no contest, and this proves it :colbert:

My dad had power of Attorney and is now executer of the will for my grandparents and it's definitely not the blessing you think it is.

Or maybe you're siblings aren't as insane as my aunts and uncles

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Oh my sister is a crazy white trash chud now (also recovering heroin addict so lol). I’m aware it’s not a blessing lol

And clearly it’s for when the boat sinks and Poseidon has them captive and they need me to wire their funds to free them duh

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

More School Students Killed In Shootings Than Police So Far In 2022

https://ourgeneration.news/news/more-school-students-killed-in-shootings-than-police-so-far-in-2022

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

T-Square posted:

Oh my sister is a crazy white trash chud now (also recovering heroin addict so lol). I’m aware it’s not a blessing lol

And clearly it’s for when the boat sinks and Poseidon has them captive and they need me to wire their funds to free them duh

Are they going on a cruise around Somalia, by chance? Planning ahead for some piracy?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Was this even a question or is this one of those quiet part out loud things?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Joey Freshwater posted:

Was this even a question or is this one of those quiet part out loud things?

It's a question because the cops suck rear end at shooting the correct person

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Guze posted:

It's a question because the cops suck rear end at shooting the correct person

I just assumed that because none of them actually went in for like an hour that it was known they didn’t do anything.

To be honest I can’t bring myself to read much of the details. What I thought happened was the guy locked himself in a room and they went in and got him from there. Not that there was a shootout that could have wound up with cops shooting one of the kids.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

How come everyone’s always wearing coats in Seinfeld?

Even when Jerry and Newman are at the Super Bowl in Miami them and everyone around them are all bundled up

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I just assumed that because none of them actually went in for like an hour that it was known they didn’t do anything.

I think we can assume given what we know that they were scared, didn't know what to do (so they did nothing), and were panicky. Which is not the ideal situation for running into a building with a whole lot of moving parts once you eventually move I would think.

I don't know if they shot anyone other than the shooter, but that's a bad recipe where I could see it possibly happening.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

T-Square posted:

How come everyone’s always wearing coats in Seinfeld?

Even when Jerry and Newman are at the Super Bowl in Miami them and everyone around them are all bundled up

It would have been February, I know they don't get snow, but does it at least get chilly?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Skwirl posted:

It would have been February, I know they don't get snow, but does it at least get chilly?

Per PFR, it was 73° with 80% humidity at game time. All the coaches and everyone on the sidelines in the game were wearing light jackets or windbreakers, so meh.

Yes, I know, the episode was filmed in a studio weeks in advance blah blah

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

73 is chilly for people who are used to 100 degrees pretty much all year. You should see the people around here when it's October and the temp gets down to like 70. It's scarves and Ugg boots and Carhartt coats.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Braksgirl posted:

73 is chilly for people who are used to 100 degrees pretty much all year. You should see the people around here when it's October and the temp gets down to like 70. It's scarves and Ugg boots and Carhartt coats.

This is true for South Florida too, only you see that stuff when it gets below 76° for four non-consecutive days.

I also regularly see people with knit hats and sweaters outside year round and my mind constantly goes "What the gently caress is wrong with you?! It's 87° and humidity makes it feel like 97° and your wearing that poo poo outside in the sun in Florida in May?!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I seriously want someone to give me a reason for cops existing.

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1529969734048878592?s=20&t=0OycU6Emk3PBvFn_nd_TIg

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Braksgirl posted:

When I went to Piura it was the middle of winter but since they're right on the equator that means high 70s. Everyone was bundled up

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Skwirl posted:

dog control?

also that overtime pay isn't gonna steal itself

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

To be honest I can’t bring myself to read much of the details. What I thought happened was the guy locked himself in a room and they went in and got him from there. Not that there was a shootout that could have wound up with cops shooting one of the kids.

I don't think the details matter to the wider point: it needs to be much, much, much harder for anyone to purchase and keep assault rifles. Period.

I don't know what the right answer is -- outright ban and buy-back? sure. stricter background checks? fine. making people keep them under lock and key at licensed ranges? Eh. But I know the gun-humping culture of much of America is beyond sick and twisted, and needs to be reigned in to keep Americans much safer. And that's not just from mass shootings like this, even more so for suicides or domestic abuse situations as well.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

its going to come out that the cops (finally) went in guns blazing and clipped some fourth graders.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

https://twitter.com/shanermurph/status/1529998321095409664

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1529969734048878592?s=20&t=0OycU6Emk3PBvFn_nd_TIg

Firefighters refuse to enter fire because they could get burned.

Paramedics refuse to assist patients because they could get sick.

These are all equally stupid statements and I can't believe they just keep talking like it's helping. The full quote basically is the equivalent of "a responder who becomes a victim helps nobody" but uh, going into dangerous places is you're loving job.

Well this brings back nightmares.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 27, 2022

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Gas leak? Amateur bomb maker? Meth lab?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MOVE bombing again!?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Neil Armbong posted:

Gut tells me gas leak from how thoroughly the building is obliterated.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
fire fighters are the real heroes

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Neil Armbong posted:

Chili night.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm at burger place number one. It's called STP Bar and Grill. I picked it because it's the closest to my house

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a neat cape posted:

I'm at burger place number one. It's called STP Bar and Grill. I picked it because it's the closest to my house

Do you like red onion on burgers?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a neat cape posted:

watch out for Scott Weiland's ghost

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I got the demon burger and it comes with a chip covered in ghost pepper dust and oh my god why did I do this

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I had a neighbor who got a lot of those single death chip challenge things, and I had one a few months ago. The worst part of it was it was basically a Dorito with 2 inches of dust on it, so physically eating it sucked.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Alaois posted:

watch out for Scott Weiland's ghost

My very concert ever was STP with Cheap Trick opening for them in 1997. It was my 13th birthday present, so my parents didn't want me in general admission and my sister and I had seats basically looking down the side of the stage from the stands. Cheap Trick was ok. They definitely felt like their poo poo didn't stink, and that they were above this crowd of young adult gen-xers that didn't give a gently caress about them.

STP came on and rocked out for around half an hour or so. At this point, someone threw a water bottle onto the stage in the middle of the song. Scott let it slide and didn't say anything until after the song. During the next song, another bottle got tossed on stage and Scott stopped the song. He was trying to ask the crowd in an angry way to chill (and it was really just one dude in the crowd) when the trouble maker flipped him off. For some reason this set Weiland the gently caress off. I still vividly remember "gently caress me? gently caress you buddy. That's right. Come up here. I'm going to gently caress you up. I'm going to drag you back stage and gently caress you in the rear end. My dick. Your rear end. Backstage. Now." and all sorts of poo poo like that while security found the guy in the crowd and the band dragged Scott off stage. About 15 minutes later they came back out and rocked out for another hour and a half. The drummer had a tommy lee spinning drum kit thing he dicked around with on a couple of songs.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Firefighters refuse to enter fire because they could get burned.

Paramedics refuse to assist patients because they could get sick.

These are all equally stupid statements and I can't believe they just keep talking like it's helping. The full quote basically is the equivalent of "a responder who becomes a victim helps nobody" but uh, going into dangerous places is you're loving job.

Sarah Jeong has dug into Texas’ state laws and found something relevant

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/1529945224948031488

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/1529945959416836096

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/1529947328538218496

There’s more, but you get the idea.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/1529950638305488897?s=20&t=jqS7Jm2u-uy7R6ZiRPWc7w

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Reeeeeeeeeally starting to feel like the authorities killed some kids.

https://twitter.com/tom_winter/status/1529914204215463941?s=21&t=ECAYoxbsshygrQGT4dC4kg

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 11:07 on May 27, 2022

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'm not even mad about the possibility, really. No matter how much they cosplay as SAS or Delta Force, they're not, and rushing a shooter in a crowded hostage environment means the possibility of innocents hit.

It's everything else- the cowardice, the bullying of parents, the obvious lies, that kill me.

Unless, and this is also entirely within the realm of possibility, the shooter didn't actually hit anyone and the cops just laid down a cone of fire that wiped out a classroom.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

GD_American posted:

I'm not even mad about the possibility, really. No matter how much they cosplay as SAS or Delta Force, they're not, and rushing a shooter in a crowded hostage environment means the possibility of innocents hit.

It's everything else- the cowardice, the bullying of parents, the obvious lies, that kill me.

Unless, and this is also entirely within the realm of possibility, the shooter didn't actually hit anyone and the cops just laid down a cone of fire that wiped out a classroom.

This is how I feel. The complete cowardice and lies. More training isn’t the solution.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 27, 2022

T-Square
May 14, 2009

bobjr posted:

I had a neighbor who got a lot of those single death chip challenge things, and I had one a few months ago. The worst part of it was it was basically a Dorito with 2 inches of dust on it, so physically eating it sucked.

I was at my friend/neighbor’s house a few months ago and someone showed up with one of those and broke off a piece and offered it to me. I knew exactly what it was and still popped it into my mouth with zero hesitation. Terrible idea!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Maybe let's not invent a bunch of stories about cops murdering a classroom full of 4th graders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

We don’t need to, even the kindest reading is bad enough

https://twitter.com/mattparlmer/status/1530059894061207552?s=21