Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

TheBacon posted:

Why isn’t there practice today? What the actual gently caress?

Serious answer: they got rid of Monaco’s special schedule finally in order to pull off the back-to-back race weekends. Sunday Spanish GP -> travel and paddock build-up in time for Thursday practice was just too tight a schedule, and they need as many back to back race weekends as possible to stuff more races in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
maybe they should schedule races so that the least amount of travel is involved.

just a thought

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

maybe they should schedule races so that the least amount of travel is involved.

just a thought

Those hydrocarbons aren’t going to burn themselves :colbert:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

I miss the Ham-Bot pairing

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

still a ham-bot pairing just a different name for the bot

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

just a thought

Miami wedged between Italy and Spain made zero sense

Same with Canada

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Dictator. posted:

Miami wedged between Italy and Spain made zero sense

Same with Canada

I get that miami is trying to be farther away from austin but at least like they could have done miami-canada back to back for a mini north american stint. Hell they are even both eastern half of the continent.

I understand the scheduling stuff with monaco, but when the only reason the race still exists is the spectacle and pageantry, you should probably maximize that!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Moonaco because the race is rear end

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It is really bizarre that Monaco only has a one week lead time. It's the signature F1 track, like it or not, and you'd think they would want to build it up more.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Kirios posted:

It is really bizarre that Monaco only has a one week lead time. It's the signature F1 track, like it or not, and you'd think they would want to build it up more.

They built it up by running a race the week before

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

harperdc posted:

Serious answer: they got rid of Monaco’s special schedule finally in order to pull off the back-to-back race weekends. Sunday Spanish GP -> travel and paddock build-up in time for Thursday practice was just too tight a schedule, and they need as many back to back race weekends as possible to stuff more races in.

unless you're in f2 in which case you can get hosed, practice is on thursday whether you like it or not

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Kirios posted:

wtf this game looks hilarious why did I never play it

Because it was a full priced game for something that prob should have been a cheap game.

Thats why I didn't get it at least.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What's your favourite video game version of Monaco?

https://youtu.be/zjuVBnvA1EI?t=35

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Past performance is not indicative of future results.

hopefully

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Am I the only one who hopes that Max continues his streak of winning every race that he finishes, for the rest of the season?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

DrunkPanda posted:

Am I the only one who hopes that Max continues his streak of winning every race that he finishes, for the rest of the season?

I guess we can be similar in that I also hope that he does not finish another race the rest of the season.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I'd be happy with 8 wall Verstappens, 7 blown engines, and a win at home in the Netherlands (which shows that I am in no way petty).

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

DrunkPanda posted:

Only if every win is due to some rediculous fluke so he still has an * next to his championship

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

marshalljim posted:

I'd be happy with 8 wall Verstappens, 7 blown engines, and a win at home in the Netherlands (which shows that I am in no way petty).

:hmmyes:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

marshalljim posted:

You're 1/4 the way to the 12 Days of Christmas.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Going Saturday and Sunday. Behind the second swimming pool chicane so I’ll have a prime view for Latifi’s inevitable crash.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

birds posted:

Going Saturday and Sunday. Behind the second swimming pool chicane so I’ll have a prime view for Latifi’s inevitable crash.

Latifi is going to punt mick and the hairpin and block the track.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

TheBacon posted:

I get that miami is trying to be farther away from austin but at least like they could have done miami-canada back to back for a mini north american stint. Hell they are even both eastern half of the continent.

yeah, that would've at least made a tiny bit of sense.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

So I assume the the production is handled by the Monaco Historic Grand Prix Association or whatever the gently caress and the camera will catch none of the action

doesn't matter as long as :lando: podiums again

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Has Lando gotten over the tonsillitis?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
lol Drugovich binned it in F2 quali

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thats a big crash from Hughes!

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Cirofren posted:

Has Lando gotten over the tonsillitis?

How dare you doubt the Pogchamp

https://twitter.com/LandoNorris/status/1530135336205987840?s=20&t=NJ_-FAyra9XcCNlxNbnwxA

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWVTsHNQIiU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Nico doing an interview bare footed....

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Gotta say I’m digging this camera glitch gimmick more than the drone footage from last week

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Yeah, it's really great. Brings you back to the 80's.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

So.. who's the second driver that puts it in the wall after LeClerc? Latifi? Crashstappen?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Yuki hasn't walled it this season

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

refleks posted:

So.. who's the second driver that puts it in the wall after LeClerc? Latifi? Crashstappen?

This is Chuck’s best chance for a WDC so far so he’s not going to bin it today.

He is going to have a great Friday and Saturday. Probably even qualify p1.

And bin it at the dumbest time possible on Sunday with a 50-something second lead like Senna.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
ARE BOY DAN WDC

Edit: no

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

It's really great how F1 allow Monaco to run their own TV production - it's really worth it

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The Shoey is the reason why Danny sucks now. It's cursed.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Glitch art,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Diet Crack posted:

The Shoey is the reason why Danny sucks now. It's cursed.

He always sucked, OP