Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Son of Man posted:

the problem with these school designs is obvious to millennials and zoomers who have been playing gruesome tactical shooting simulations their whole lives : cover that protects students also protects a shooter and restrictive entrances also act as chokepoints/kill zones.

they should build the schools into a labrynth of bullet proof glass, like an invisible funhouse maze. Take the clear backpack policy to the next level!

dude was 18

he grew up doing school shooter drills and so will every one of these assholes from now on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
simply replace PE class with ninjutsu training. easy

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Calibanibal posted:

I looked into it and Uvalde does have an airport, but even if I had rushed over in a private supersonic jet (the initial 911 call was at 11:28 am) I would have been at least a few minutes too late to have any impact. Frustrating, but thats just the reality we live in. Its a big country

They probably would have waited for you and it would have given them more time to arrest parents for crying too loud in public.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Calibanibal posted:

I looked into it and Uvalde does have an airport, but even if I had rushed over in a private supersonic jet (the initial 911 call was at 11:28 am) I would have been at least a few minutes too late to have any impact.

You don't need an airport to have an impact :wink:

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Feral Integral posted:

Give the kids desks but the surface is a removable counterstrike riot shield with a knife

knife?? the students need at least basic glock/usp IF NOT deagles with those shields, our kids are getting pwned by racist teenagers and we're telling them to take an econ round??

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
oh boy here’s a good one

side note: mom of the loving year, just said gently caress you cops, ran into a war zone and yoinked her kids out

Steve Yun has issued a correction as of 07:15 on May 27, 2022

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The kids are already better trained than the cops via womb injections of fps shooters. I'm on board with giving the children guns, rocket launchers, glowing medpacks, and heck even a few quad damage power ups

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Steve Yun posted:

oh boy here’s a good one

Cops did a great job securing the perimeter

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/EricHartMN/status/1530050549260996610

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
Fam I think I figured it out.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

Those local cops had guns, but didn't do jack poo poo to stop the bad guy.

This proves the cops are not good guys.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

No wars but class gun wars

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Woodsy Owl posted:

:hmmyes:

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Smythe posted:

simply replace PE class with ninjutsu training. easy

So now the school shooter is a trained ninja who cannot be defeated by law enforcement? NO THANKS

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

PokeJoe posted:

The kids are already better trained than the cops via womb injections of fps shooters. I'm on board with giving the children guns, rocket launchers, glowing medpacks, and heck even a few quad damage power ups

absolutely

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

TeenageArchipelago posted:

So now the school shooter is a trained ninja who cannot be defeated by law enforcement? NO THANKS

didnt think of that. this might also gently caress up the quad damage and rocket launcher idea also, since the shooter will also have access to the aforementioned. troubling to consider. HOWEVER, does the quad damage really matter if you're 1-shotting everything to begin with?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

oh boy here’s a good one

Basically just accomplices at this point.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Woodsy Owl posted:

the loophole that obliterates policing as a slave catching militia, one weird trick "this makes jim crow look like jim eagle" biden hates

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Smythe posted:

didnt think of that. this might also gently caress up the quad damage and rocket launcher idea also, since the shooter will also have access to the aforementioned. troubling to consider. HOWEVER, does the quad damage really matter if you're 1-shotting everything to begin with?

We need some way to lock down these weapons until the school enters team deathmatch mode

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
you literally had one loving job

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
lmbo

Griz
May 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1529793960276742144

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/CityBureaucrat/status/1529999202855550979

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/JeremyStahl/status/1529894416751919104

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol the cops standing around doing riot style crowd control on parents, all of them hearing shots pop off in the background knowing each one was an additional dead kid. really next level cowardice

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Don't you see? It's all of us complaining and protesting that have made the cops so ineffective.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

:sickos:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

oh boy here’s a good one

side note: mom of the loving year, just said gently caress you cops, ran into a war zone and yoinked her kids out

I am reading articles from CNN, etc. and none of this information is in there, and they're still using the word "barricaded." Like the word means an improvised barrier. A lock installed on a door is the exact opposite of an improvised obstacle.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

pretty sure this is already the flag for like security guards and asset protection people lol

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/TheBuffaloNews/status/1530003013691121664?s=20&t=MLpGt1NU0p4xZH8r_n2i0A

edit: lol someone else posted this in the Epstein thread too. I was wondering if I should have posted it there instead

the fbi has orchestrated more terror attacks than isis

e:beaten by a page

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/TheBuffaloNews/status/1530003013691121664?s=20&t=MLpGt1NU0p4xZH8r_n2i0A

edit: lol someone else posted this in the Epstein thread too. I was wondering if I should have posted it there instead

i s2g if the "former agent" was posing as a hot aryan chick to catfish nazis into doing shootings

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Woodsy Owl posted:

Lol

I agree.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
at least one girl bled to death while the cops waited around

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
jesus loving christ the kids that lived through this are going to be so horribly traumatized by it and the cops are defensive that people, not even the media or any elected officials but the parents of the murdered loving kids, are criticizing them - gently caress this fascist country man

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
I wouldn’t say that this means even conservatives think there should be actual change, but I was still surprised by this. The DMN is a very, very conservative paper and normally exists solely to advocate for rich real estate interests (even more than most major metropolitan papers):

https://twitter.com/lmcgaughy/status/1530147195550371840

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

any right wing criticism of inept response is going to end with "and that's why we need to give the cops more money, training and weapons".

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I think even the most ideologically poisoned "we love our cops" people can recognize the incongruity between 'cops keep us safe, we need good guys with guns to protect us' and 'the cops were there, they had guns, and they stood around for an hour'. it doesn't mean they won't eventually resolve that with some reasoning, but the gap is glaringly obvious to anyone paying a small amount of attention and does need to be resolved.

In Training posted:

any right wing criticism of inept response is going to end with "and that's why we need to give the cops more money, training and weapons".

prolly yeah. i could see it as a push for privatized police by some of the crankier guys like Rand Paul or the QCrew.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I think even the most ideologically poisoned "we love our cops" people can recognize the incongruity between 'cops keep us safe, we need good guys with guns to protect us' and 'the cops were there, they had guns, and they stood around for an hour'. it doesn't mean they won't eventually resolve that with some reasoning, but the gap is glaringly obvious to anyone paying a small amount of attention and does need to be resolved.

fortunately there's always a way to blame the perfidious Other if you think about it hard enough

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

clearly the solution is for every school cafeteria to have a strategic donut reserve to be opened whenever cops are needed to come in from the parking lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Tungsten posted:

fortunately there's always a way to blame the perfidious Other if you think about it hard enough

right i mean that reasoning might end up being "anti-FA invaded the uvalde police department and replaced their swat team with soyboy clones to make the police look bad"