Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol well i dont think the nets suddenly become a top 2 team if ben simmons suits up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

lol well i dont think the nets suddenly become a top 2 team if ben simmons suits up

we'll see if he can still play basketball next year, in theory he should be a great fit for their team but you may be right that he's too far gone at this point

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the nets remind me of the clippers. but maybe they get their squad together for a whole year and they just look like a mess. who knows.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Vox Nihili posted:

we'll see if he can still play basketball next year, in theory he should be a great fit for their team but you may be right that he's too far gone at this point

im not sure a team with kyrie irving as one of the main guys will ever really win anything, unless the other guy is lebron. kyrie's just not that good. he has great games sometimes but this many years into his career i think it's pretty safe to say he's unreliable & poison for the rest of the team. i dont think he belongs on a championship level team at all

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

if you trust 538's advanced stats, and i think all of us here do, then the celtics have 3 players better than kevin durant and 6 players better than kyrie (the nets 2nd best player)

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

fart simpson posted:

if you trust 538's advanced stats, and i think all of us here do, then the celtics have 3 players better than kevin durant and 6 players better than kyrie (the nets 2nd best player)

:goofy:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

you can’t argue with math

your not going to win a championship when your best player is just the 12th best player in the eastern conference, lol

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 09:26 on May 27, 2022

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

thank you Nate silver.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Dr Jerry Bussy

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

That was probably the easiest path to the finals an nba team has ever had

it really coulda been the sixers year if it weren't for Siakam being a dickhead

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Stevie Lee posted:

it really coulda been the sixers year if it weren't for Siakam being a dickhead

if it wasn't Siakam it would be somebody else, Joel Embiid's body is just not built for a season of 82 games followed by playoff basketball

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
after playing the monster mash with Toronto's bigs all series i think embiid getting accidentally hit in the face was inveitable.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

I'm not sure I believe Trae Young is twice as bad a defender as James Harden is, and I definitely don't believe Kevin Durant is just neutral okay on defense.

Derrick White yeah whatever

euphronius posted:

thank you Nate silver.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

So moving on to next season...

New Orleans Pelicans got a chance, don't they??

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Man Musk posted:

if Zion actually plays and isn’t horrible on defence maybe

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Man Musk posted:

They had a good chance this year, but McCollum and Valanciunas are turning 30 next year so spin the wheel whether they stay healthy. Williamson is a rebounding monster from what I remember so their defense should improve as well.

But I'm also expecting the Nuggets, Grizzlies, Clippers and Lakers to all get better, and of the competitive West teams I'm expecting that only the Jazz are going to break apart and sell so I.D.K.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Nate Silver ranks Darius Garland as the tenth best player in the league Eastern Conference. I always liked Nate Silver.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean the warriors played a young Memphis team with morant hurt and gassed and then a one man team in Dallas where the one man is a one way ball hog that is easy to defend with simple disciplined defense

Jesus Christ lol just disgraceful for the nba that the west was so bad

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I really have no idea what happened to phoneix

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ahh omg I t’s unbearable

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

here are the warriors past ten years : Kevin Durant was good and you chased him away

that’s it

edit

draymond is good when he tries as well but he chased Durant away so many sides !!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

here are the warriors past ten years : Kevin Durant was good and you chased him away

that’s it

edit

draymond is good when he tries as well but he chased Durant away so many sides !!

you cant think about anything else notable about the warriors?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they abandoned Oakland

and made one of the worst draft picks in the last ten years. that’s about it

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

TDepressionEarl posted:

They had a good chance this year, but McCollum and Valanciunas are turning 30 next year so spin the wheel whether they stay healthy. Williamson is a rebounding monster from what I remember so their defense should improve as well.

But I'm also expecting the Nuggets, Grizzlies, Clippers and Lakers to all get better, and of the competitive West teams I'm expecting that only the Jazz are going to break apart and sell so I.D.K.

It doesn't look good. We're going to need to a new high-energy, middle seed team it seems.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they probably can’t play valancunus and Williamson together so that will be a problem

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

they abandoned Oakland

and made one of the worst draft picks in the last ten years. that’s about it

cool, now do the 76ers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nothing notable in the positive for awhile

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

how do you rate philly's 2017 draft pick

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

which one was that . the Washington guard ?

probably the worst pick of all tome taking in all contexts

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

which one was that . the Washington guard ?

probably the worst pick of all tome

its when they picked fultz at #1 over jayson tatum and 10th best player in the eastern conference derrick white

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fart simpson posted:

its when they picked fultz at #1 over jayson tatum and 10th best player in the eastern conference derrick white

probably screwed embiids entire career in one night

although it’s a little complicated . fultz could not have forgotten how to shoot I guess and if he were good they could have gotten rid of the bad man and had a better team . oh well !!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tatum also turned out to hit the best possible projection of what people thought he’d be pre draft

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

probably screwed embiids entire career in one night

although it’s a little complicated . fultz could not have forgotten how to shoot I guess and if he were good they could have gotten rid of the bad man and had a better team . oh well !!

idk, embiid is only 28 he still has time

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/1529654566383403008

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would not mind it if embiid went to Miami to live with jimmy . the sixers are cursed

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

Tatum also turned out to hit the best possible projection of what people thought he’d be pre draft

yeah the celtics have gotten really lucky in the draft the past few years. i wasnt expecting nearly this much out of them

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

euphronius posted:

they probably can’t play valancunus and Williamson together so that will be a problem

This was the problem I ran against in NBA 2k

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

with Tatum though toh have to give Danny credit for realizing that nba refs cannot correct make calls when the player is about 6’6” like Tatum . they don’t see their fouls it’s a mystery . so Danny (in hindsight ) correctly concluded that he’d make an entire team of 6’6 guys and then the refs would be so befuddled that the Celtics could move through the playoffs easily

Miami also is using this strategy too as have the warriors .

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

euphronius posted:

I mean the warriors played a young Memphis team with morant hurt and gassed and then a one man team in Dallas where the one man is a one way ball hog that is easy to defend with simple disciplined defense

Jesus Christ lol just disgraceful for the nba that the west was so bad

you can't even troll your own thread properly, very sad

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Washington Wizards with Russell Westbrook were a sight to behold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dave Silvers dream nba is 20 years from not the 6,6” children of Tatum, jimmy Butelr and Draymond green play all 10 positions (two teams ) in a 200-199 game where there are no fouls. the Refs can’t even see anyone they just see a ball moving in space

edit

Adam silver

euphronius fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 27, 2022