Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Human Tornada posted:

Upbeat one hit wonder female pop song from 10 years or so ago, got plenty of mainstream radio play. All I can remember was the jist of the song was "I don't want you back you suck" or something "edgy" and "in-your-face" like that and half of the lines where punctuated with "unhh" or "yeah" yelled by the singer overlayed into the track. Does this ring any bells?

Closer to 20 years but possibly Frankee - gently caress You Right Back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Rufus Ping posted:

Closer to 20 years but possibly Frankee - gently caress You Right Back

It's Want U Back by Cher Lloyd. I was way off with the lyrics but it was the bizarre "unghh"s that really stuck in my memory.

Power_13
Jan 10, 2007

mama mia!

Killingyouguy! posted:

I googled those lyrics and found this but I'm not sure it matches any of your album fold description

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgs6Z-MRF-A

Sound right?

That's the one! Thanks. I don't even know whether the song is good, I'm just happy to know it's real and it wasn't a really lucid hallucination.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
Edit: solved.

Nigel Tufnel fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 23, 2022

Bile
May 13, 2003
hey guys, remember that song that is in that one norm macdonald movie3 and it's like, "too bad that you ne nene ... cuase you had... " it's like a ska song

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Bile posted:

hey guys, remember that song that is in that one norm macdonald movie3 and it's like, "too bad that you ne nene ... cuase you had... " it's like a ska song

Green Day - Burnout (from the movie "Dirty Work")?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLjo0lY450c

Here's other stuff from that movie (may not be comprehensive)

Synthetic Hermit fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 26, 2022

Bile
May 13, 2003

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Green Day - Burnout (from the movie "Dirty Work")?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLjo0lY450c

Here's other stuff from that movie (may not be comprehensive)

Thank you synthetic hermit

it's this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzocrN1zUE8

Bile fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 26, 2022

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Ok... arguing right now bout this with some friends about a song just played.

King Crimson song. Fripp era. There's a lot of background noise where I am so can't give you lyrics...

Uh... Fripp guitar best way I can describe;

"Ohhh-oooooh...oooh wood ohhhh..."

With the drummer playing nothing but tapping on a cymbal.

I know this is the worst description ever but I have faith.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Aren’t all King Crimson songs “Fripp era”? He’s the bandleader.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Cable Guy posted:

Ok... arguing right now bout this with some friends about a song just played.

King Crimson song. Fripp era. There's a lot of background noise where I am so can't give you lyrics...

Uh... Fripp guitar best way I can describe;

"Ohhh-oooooh...oooh wood ohhhh..."

With the drummer playing nothing but tapping on a cymbal.

I know this is the worst description ever but I have faith.

Yeah....

The first two songs I can think of that kinda have that guitar sound are Elephant Talk and One More Red Nightmare. Except both feature more than a triangle for percussion.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Yeah....

The first two songs I can think of that kinda have that guitar sound are Elephant Talk and One More Red Nightmare. Except both feature more than a triangle for percussion.
No it was his Frippertronics sound, very minimalist... I only caught the end, but similar tempo guitar to "Here comes the flood" (maybe..?), but different melody. And just a tapping of a cymbal to close...

Edit: I guess it may have been Fripp solo...

Henchman of Santa posted:

Aren’t all King Crimson songs “Fripp era”? He’s the bandleader.
oops.

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 29, 2022

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I'm trying to figure out an instrumental TV or movie theme that keeps popping into my head. It has a late 70s/early 80s sound. I always imagine that its "The Paper Chase" instrumental version even though it only vaguely resembles it musically. I think the look or feel of it kind of is like that - suited for a lighthearted drama or maybe a sitcom (similar to the Taxi theme).

Here's a somewhat lazy sequencer version (the first part is accurate, but I sort of just shifted up the second phrase, so it's probably not quite those notes):
https://onlinesequencer.net/2804385

nm, it's Forrest Gump I hate that it sticks in my head like that and I forget every time for just long enough to be annoying.

Kangra fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 31, 2022

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I'm trying to find a song and it's driving me completely nuts. I think it's currently (or was, very recently) on a really short Hulu ad, possibly for some kind of whiskey or booze?

It's got kind of a call and response structure between like, a brass section and some crazy vocals. I don't know if this is real or something I literally dreamed at some point but I wanna say the video I saw of it was like a stage performance on some music gameshow or variety show type thing, not a "real" music video, and it was a bunch of people (possibly east Asian?) set up in a classroom. The vocals would start with the professor and then "students" who would stand up in between trumpet riffs, probably with some other choreography.

Someone please help me out and tell me I'm not going completely insane, this would be so much easier if I could just see the ad that sparked the memory again but of course it hasn't played again since this started bugging me.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older

Rockman Reserve posted:

It's got kind of a call and response structure between like, a brass section and some crazy vocals. I don't know if this is real or something I literally dreamed at some point but I wanna say the video I saw of it was like a stage performance on some music gameshow or variety show type thing, not a "real" music video, and it was a bunch of people (possibly east Asian?) set up in a classroom. The vocals would start with the professor and then "students" who would stand up in between trumpet riffs, probably with some other choreography.

I don't think it's likely to be Prisencolinensinainciusol, but there are just enough similarities in your description...

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I had some wires crossed obviously, but that's totally it and it was used recently in a Captain Morgan commercial. Thanks!!!

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
This one has been driving me nuts. Either it's been wiped out of existence and I'm experiencing serious Mandela Effect™, or I'm not typing in the right lyrics.

It's pretty recent, or sounds recent at least, likely from the last ten years. Male singer. Indie but with lots of electronic crunchiness in between the lyrics, and the ones I seem to remember go something like: "I'm afraid of everything...something something and I've had enough...something something..." with the chorus being "I'm noooot myseeeeelf todaaaaaaaay" and an electronic crunchiness right after that. Anyone got any idea? Google and asking any friends has netted zilch.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

LemonLimeTime posted:

This one has been driving me nuts. Either it's been wiped out of existence and I'm experiencing serious Mandela Effect™, or I'm not typing in the right lyrics.

It's pretty recent, or sounds recent at least, likely from the last ten years. Male singer. Indie but with lots of electronic crunchiness in between the lyrics, and the ones I seem to remember go something like: "I'm afraid of everything...something something and I've had enough...something something..." with the chorus being "I'm noooot myseeeeelf todaaaaaaaay" and an electronic crunchiness right after that. Anyone got any idea? Google and asking any friends has netted zilch.

Animal I Have Become by Three Days Grace? Some of the lyrics are similar.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Animal I Have Become by Three Days Grace? Some of the lyrics are similar.

Naw, it's more indie and electronic-y.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Is it "Not Myself" by St8 of Grace?

I'm trying to remember a song that I only have vague snippets of going on in my head.
In my head I hear "wake up my girlfriend, wake up my girlfriend" as the lyrics but I kind of think that's not it, it's just something with a similar rhythm to it. Later lyrics are something like "Iiiiiii just can't believe". The melody and style also make me think of "Crash" by Dave Matthews Band, but it is probably a bit more recent than that.

yep, that's it
vvvvvvvvv

Kangra fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 12, 2022

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Awake on my airplane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8MAHQhKe7Q

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

verbal enema posted:

is there a like idk a Hardcore/Breakcore/whateverCORE like wild rear end techno(?) thread? i really want to find a song from idk 2008

it was by some cat named PiTBuLl ThE SeXY DOg or something like that. i know that was his name but it was all goofy caps/not caps. this was idk gently caress anywhere from 2008-2010 maybe???

anyways the song starts with "...And in those days men shall seek death and shall not find it. And they shall desire to die and death shall flyth(?) of them."

god help me please

I FOUND IT IT WAS Pitbull the Sexydog - Desire of Pain of their album "Objectum Sexuality"

ONLY TOOK ELEVEN loving YEARS

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
A real millennial-rear end anthem that was popular a couple of years ago, that as I recall had a line about driving a car they couldn't afford and one about stealing their roommate's mattress to gently caress on.

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe
This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zGcUoRlhmw

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Yeah that's the one. Thanks.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Looking for an album of rap by euro producers that had all guest rappers from about 5-10 years ago that was popular in here. There was one track called Nakatomi Plaza

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
This maybe? https://www.discogs.com/release/20047807-Nanduss-Zalo-Alguien-Vol%C3%B3-Sobre-Mi-Casa

If not, check the rest of this list https://www.discogs.com/search/?type=release&track=nakatomi+plaza

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

It’s driving me crazy because I feel like like it would be easy to find. None of those look like it. I remember one beat sampling a choral line along the lines of Carmina Burana.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Okay so this is probably never loving happening for me but here goes.

In high school/college this now deceased friend of mine had a song he downloaded from myspace as a ringtone. It was a cheesy sounding piano and acoustic guitar(?) song about Hal Jordan. The title might've referenced the Green Lantern, but I don't think the lyrics did other than every section opening with something along the lines of "Oh, Hal..." Had a male singer who was either in falsetto or goddamn close to it for large portions of the song.

Anyway the chorus was his ringtone and it went something like

"Oh, Hal- What have you done with your life? The people around you keep dyyyyiiing..."

if this sounds familiar let me know.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Shitstorm Trooper posted:

"Oh, Hal- What have you done with your life? The people around you keep dyyyyiiing..."

if this sounds familiar let me know.

https://youtu.be/cJJ03fipI-Q

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

gently caress yes.

Even if I cried.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I suppose I should have expected that song to turn up, given the propensity of people to archive comic book pop culture things, but I definitely did not expect it would be found so quickly. I did not even turn the song off! A+ all around

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

I've listened to it about four times now. It's actually better than I remembered.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
What's that song that has a backing female vocal track that goes like

dooba dooba doo doo doo

aaaaaa

The 'dooba dooba' is an ascending melody then it sits on one note for the 'doo doo doo'. The aaa part is like a semitone up and then back down from the 'doo'. If that makes any sense.

It's a few bars of this and then lyrics over top. I want to say it came out in the 80s or 90s but I don't know. The backing vocals are iconic enough that they've been sampled in a Hip-Hop tune or two.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Annie Lennox, "No More I Love Yous"

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Dr. Quarex posted:

Annie Lennox, "No More I Love Yous"

drat that was fast. Thank you!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
You truly earned it by going to the lengths of italicizing half a word to show the proper emphasis

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Two years ago I heard a track by a ukrainian or russian New Wave band. Not sure if New Wave is even the right term, they're a contemporary band that sounds Joy Division-ish. Anyway, I forgot what they were called. They sing in russian, three people, one of their album covers was some funky looking communist building. Could be that one of their live shows on Youtube was in some museum in Slovenia.

e: ah wait I know them from some "russian doomer music" compilation on youtube.

e2: ok it's Molchat Doma (song was "Kletka")

busalover fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jun 25, 2022

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Holy crap, I just found it. Finally.
"Enough" by SONOIO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4HT1Mu7zNk

Kangra
May 7, 2012

What is the TV theme song that uses bells (as in large, ding-dong bell sounds) in a descending pattern, something like dong _ da ding ding dong _ da ding ding dong? The second set starts a bit higher in pitch, and it repeats. In my head I keep mixing it up with Space Ghost Coast to Coast, but I think it was probably another Adult Swim show, or something similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

futurama?