Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

KingSlime posted:

Just met Riki in Xenoblade...

I take my earlier very enthusiastic praise back!! This is a Bad Videogame

If you hate the one good Nopon, don't play the other Xenoblades.

Also if I remember to later, I'll add "DO NOT USE GOOGLE AUTHENTICATOR" in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i still think NSO is a decent service

Lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm gonna be traveling a lot in the next few weeks. I want something that is distracting/entertaining on a plane, but not a full story I need to commit to.

Does anyone have strong feelings about : Civilization VI, Ashen, Gorogoa, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3?

Gorogoa is pretty cool, but it won’t take you long to complete. I would be happy to gift you a copy of Civilization VI, as I just don’t think it’s for me. If you’re interested, just send me a PM. A couple other titles worth considering are Picross S or Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, both are really clicking for me at the moment for what it’s worth.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I've given up on getting mad on SNES games on the online thing, it's 2022 and if you want to play all those SNES/GBA games you can easily get one of 50 different emulator machines, even off of Amazon

I do think that Data East and Jaleco having practically all of of their extremely mid library on the system is funny though lol

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
NSO is useful for playing old games with someone far away who can't use a computer conveniently. Using it for that and as a pseudo streaming platform makes it worth ten bucks a year.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

KingSlime posted:

Just met Riki in Xenoblade...

I take my earlier very enthusiastic praise back!! This is a Bad Videogame

Don't play xenoblade 2! The nopon has a fuckdoll and doesn't ever shut up. Ever.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Don't play xenoblade 2! The nopon has a fuckdoll and doesn't ever shut up. Ever.

:catstare:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Momomo posted:

NSO is useful for playing old games with someone far away who can't use a computer conveniently. Using it for that and as a pseudo streaming platform makes it worth ten bucks a year.

My best friend is one of the most computer illiterate people I know, so I appreciate more and more games added to SNES/NESflix. I'm all for these being officially released, good or bad.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mario Strikers Demo in the NSO section of the eShop.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

DLC Inc posted:

I've given up on getting mad on SNES games on the online thing, it's 2022 and if you want to play all those SNES/GBA games you can easily get one of 50 different emulator machines, even off of Amazon

I do think that Data East and Jaleco having practically all of of their extremely mid library on the system is funny though lol

Data East was a good company with a lot of good games like Burger Time, Magical Drop, Boogie Wings and Karnov. They also published Karate Champ, which laid the foundation for the fighting game genre. It's a drat shame they aren't as appreciated just because their games weren't as popular as Capcom or Konami's

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 27, 2022

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Willo567 posted:

Data East was a good company with a lot of good games like Burger Time, Magical Drop, Boogie Wings and Karnov. They also published Karate Champ, which laid the foundation for the fighting game genre. It's a drat shame they aren't as appreciated just because their games weren't as popular as Capcom or Konami's

I hope they add the NES Burger Time to Switch online, it's pretty different from the Arcade version that was released.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
If I get my Nintendo account back, assuming the Switch/dock has the serial number in a readable state, the absolute first loving thing I'm going to do after changing my email on it is turn off 2FA. I wouldn't be in this situation if I hadn't had it on.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

MassRafTer posted:

I hope they add the NES Burger Time to Switch online, it's pretty different from the Arcade version that was released.

Are you thinking about the Gameboy port? I thought that the NES version was pretty much a port of the Arcade version

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I would have been more hyper for goof troop.

I actually played that as a kid

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1530188078425456645?s=21&t=0f8QWDIP144iDGPe7ZrrGA

Last house trailer

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
I don't know that there's anything inherently wrong with Google Authenticator. It basically turns your phone into an RSA token and yeah, if you lose your phone you're screwed. The problem with is probably more fundamental in that people nowadays expect cloud backups to protect them against lost (or upgraded) phones. I'm sure Authy is also great, but cloud backups of your TOTP seeds (even if encrypted) is strictly a weaker security model.

Personally I think any service that takes your money should support SMS-based 2FA since if you lose your phone you can recover your SMS service with an appropriate level of effort.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

three hopes looks dope. performance doesn't look terrible there either. hope that's indicative of regular play.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I don't know that there's anything inherently wrong with Google Authenticator. It basically turns your phone into an RSA token and yeah, if you lose your phone you're screwed. The problem with is probably more fundamental in that people nowadays expect cloud backups to protect them against lost (or upgraded) phones. I'm sure Authy is also great, but cloud backups of your TOTP seeds (even if encrypted) is strictly a weaker security model.

Personally I think any service that takes your money should support SMS-based 2FA since if you lose your phone you can recover your SMS service with an appropriate level of effort.

SMS-based 2FA is generally discouraged these days as it's easier for Crash Override and the gang to do a SIM swap or something similar with data from a data breach and start intercepting your SMS messages. It happened to the owner or Twitter and his account was taken over.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1530176027703525377

Mario Strikers: Kirst Kick online trial next weekend.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

nitsuga posted:

Gorogoa is pretty cool, but it won’t take you long to complete. I would be happy to gift you a copy of Civilization VI, as I just don’t think it’s for me. If you’re interested, just send me a PM. A couple other titles worth considering are Picross S or Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, both are really clicking for me at the moment for what it’s worth.

Ah thanks, I’ll let you know!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Palmtree Panic posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1530176027703525377

Mario Strikers: Kirst Kick online trial next weekend.

Also standard by now free updates including characters, so hopefully Daisy will return

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1530177091475496960

And of course there are some people who are already accusing Nintendo of releasing an unfinished game in the comments.

In news not related to Mario Strikers, Nintendo is fixing the KIrby 64 glitch

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1530202669511593985

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 27, 2022

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Willo567 posted:

Are you thinking about the Gameboy port? I thought that the NES version was pretty much a port of the Arcade version

It's possible I haven't played it in a long time. I should play the Arcade version some more I hated it with the Pro Controller D Pad but now I've got the SNES controllers (and this is coming from someone who has logged way too much time on the Intellivision version.)

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

What kingdom is Daisy from

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sarasaland

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

look at him

look at my man luigi

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Mega64 posted:

If you hate the one good Nopon, don't play the other Xenoblades.

Also if I remember to later, I'll add "DO NOT USE GOOGLE AUTHENTICATOR" in the OP.

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Unfortunately I played XB2 at launch and yeah I hated it instantly haha. Might go back to try it again after I beat XB:DE since it will hopefully give me an appreciation for it and I can hopefully just ignore the dumb anime stuff

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I do like that Riki has to join the party due to being in constant debt apparently. Insanely relatable to my recent meltdown and they clearly researched the millennial demographic when crafting this character's backstory

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Nevermind, don't wanna get into an argument about Xenoblade 2

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 27, 2022

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
If he's talking about Poppi I don't remember any sex but I do remember a horrible mini game that was linked to the character's level ups/growths which was equally disturbing but from like a "wow this sucks rear end" pov

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Poppi's minigame was very annoying, not least because Poppi is actually really loving good when powered up so there's a strong incentive to suffer through it

I still liked XBC2 a lot though. I don't even hate the gacha. Sometimes it's fun to pull the slot machine when there's no actual stakes.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

KingSlime posted:

If he's talking about Poppi I don't remember any sex but I do remember a horrible mini game that was linked to the character's level ups/growths which was equally disturbing but from like a "wow this sucks rear end" pov

I figured he was talking about Poppi, and I'll take your word that the it was pretty gross.

I'm still gonna probably get Xenoblade 3 since it doesn't seem to have stuff like that in it

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I rented Rival Turf a half dozen times when I was a kid. Gracias

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

KingSlime posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD8_cWHpU4k

I remember hearing this song when Pyra/Mythra were released for Smash and was like "Oh man Yuzo Koshiro rules and this track is incredible," meanwhile people who'd actually played Xenoblade were like "God no the horrific memories."

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My opinion is that XBC2 is both Cringe and Fun

A good litmus test is how you feel when you see the character designs. If your response is "this is gross and/or this makes me mad" then you will probably have a bad time. If your response is "lmao" then you will probably have a good time.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Sonic fans have known this for years

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ironically I didn't even as much cringe at the designs as the lack of consistency. They clearly had very few limits on the art direction between designers.

Also my wife walked in when Jin was onscreen and immediately called out Testsuya Nomura.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

xenoblade 2 is more fun to play than the first one. it's a better game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Tiger Tiger was just ridiculous fishing. it wasn't that bad