Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

agreed on stone ocean being really weak. especially coming after golden wind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just want the full Jolyne theme from the OST, please, I'm begging you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

(Except it's still DavidPro)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/GKIDSfilms/status/1529847724220219398?s=20&t=ZJUOUUWXJ11Caj1_QwwqhQ

:sickos:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

My main worry about the new Urusei Yatsura is that it'll be too accurate to the manga. The manga is great but the team behind the original anime were smart and knew that a 1:1 adaptation of a great comedy manga doesn't necessarily translate to a great anime.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

That said I'm sure it'll be watchable and I'll definitely stick with it. It's just a high bar to clear!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

If they don't have Lum's stormtroopers I will riot though.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Waffleman_ posted:

(Except it's still DavidPro)

Did they mangle part 6 or was it just weak material to begin with

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Honestly, it's not that the Part 6 anime is bad, it's just direction-wise, it's noticeably more...basic than previous parts. It also doesn't help that the first batch cuts off basically right when the part starts getting interesting.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A couple more Funimation titles are being added to Crunchyroll next month (nothing particularly noteworthy that I can see though aside from maybe the Hellsing series):

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/05/26/stars-align-super-cub-and-more-funimation-titles-come-to-crunchyroll-in-june

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Full list:

May 31

A Certain Scientific Accelerator (Dub)
Hellsing (Sub and Dub)
Hellsing Ultimate (Sub and Dub)
Hinomaru Sumo (Dub)
Kakuriyo -Bed & Breakfast for Spirits- (Dub)
Katsugeki TOUKEN RANBU (Dub)
PSYCHO-PASS Seasons 1 and 2 (Sub and Dub)
Restaurant to Another World Season 1 (Dub)Stars Align (Sub and Dub)
Shachibato! President, It's Time for Battle! (Sub and Dub)
Warlords of Sigrdrifa (Sub and Dub)

June 7

Blue Reflection Ray (Sub and Dub)
Super Cub (Sub and Dub)
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2 (Sub and Dub)

June 14

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (Sub and Dub)
Pretty Boy Detective Club (Sub and Dub)

June 21

No Guns Life (Sub and Dub)
Kamisama Kiss (Sub and Dub)
RADIANT (Dub)

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://twitter.com/skewfield/status/1529347159845482501

dangit embedding it really ruins it. sad!

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
*wisely* i already knew this for other reasons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zry4zeN0SHw

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Psycho pass season 1 is excellent and has like one of the best anime ops of all time

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Julias posted:

Full list:

May 31

A Certain Scientific Accelerator (Dub)
Hellsing (Sub and Dub)
Hellsing Ultimate (Sub and Dub)
Hinomaru Sumo (Dub)
Kakuriyo -Bed & Breakfast for Spirits- (Dub)
Katsugeki TOUKEN RANBU (Dub)
PSYCHO-PASS Seasons 1 and 2 (Sub and Dub)
Restaurant to Another World Season 1 (Dub)Stars Align (Sub and Dub)
Shachibato! President, It's Time for Battle! (Sub and Dub)
Warlords of Sigrdrifa (Sub and Dub)

June 7

Blue Reflection Ray (Sub and Dub)
Super Cub (Sub and Dub)
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2 (Sub and Dub)

June 14

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (Sub and Dub)
Pretty Boy Detective Club (Sub and Dub)

June 21

No Guns Life (Sub and Dub)
Kamisama Kiss (Sub and Dub)
RADIANT (Dub)

Nice, been meaning to rewatch Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate for a while now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Blue Reflection Ray owns

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

doki doki waku waku

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/_UW7S/status/1529963495009030144

Sigh

marumaru
May 20, 2013

not sure how it works in the US - does it matter? isnt the point of unions that all workers are together and they'll make the company's life hell if company makes life hell for workers?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If the company does not recognize the union, they will not negotiate with the union.

And then yes, that is where making the company's life hell comes in.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nyoro posted:

Psycho pass season 1 is excellent and has like one of the best anime ops of all time

shame about the rest of the series. although the movie is supposed to be good, I just haven't gotten around to it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

cool, now do Together Forever

(I unironically love both of these songs. no, I don't give a gently caress that one of them is a meme, or that they're both basically the exact same song except one is like 1 bpm slower than the other. yes I timed them both, gently caress you)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

marumaru posted:

not sure how it works in the US - does it matter? isnt the point of unions that all workers are together and they'll make the company's life hell if company makes life hell for workers?

it matters insofar as it forces the union to go through a lengthy union election through the department of labor to force the company to recognize the union while the company uses every trick it can to try and break up the union so that the election fails.

however they're being organized in affiliation with the CWA who have a lot of extremely good organizers in their ranks and a great track record in getting successful campaigns in similarly precarious industries over the last few years so I'd imagine they've been adequately prepared for this response from the company.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

marumaru posted:

a union as a formal legal entity is entitled to a number of federal protections. One of the paths to getting that legal recognition is for the company to just say "yeah okay, you represent our employees". That's not the only way though.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

I. M. Gei posted:

cool, now do Together Forever

(I unironically love both of these songs. no, I don't give a gently caress that one of them is a meme, or that they're both basically the exact same song except one is like 1 bpm slower than the other. yes I timed them both, gently caress you)

please dont do your weird bits on my posts

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The “earnest response” bit

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
voluntary recognition is really nice but it hardly ever happens and you def shouldn't expect it to imo. if the company were the type to do so, you probably wouldn't feel the need to unionize in the first place

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/AMNIBUS/status/1529554167580467200?s=20&t=TLZ-Os3UnRXJ5BhmqQaT_w

lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Namtab posted:

The “earnest response” bit

imo it's fair to not want someone to have a full imagined conversation with you as a reply

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Since its second season just recently came out I decided to watch all of Ghost in the Shell SAC 2045, and honestly I thought it was actually kinda good. Honestly my biggest complaint with it is that there's a grand total of 1 standalone episode in the whole series, and they were some of my favorite parts of the original SAC. The overall story was pretty good and ended in an extremely gits way, which I like. Still think that the original SAC was overall better, but I am genuinely surprised at how much I don't hate 2045.

Even the full CG animation isn't really that bad after the first couple of episodes. Didn't mind it at all by the end, and I think it actually kinda works well for some of the things they were doing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
God dammit, you're gonna get me to watch more of it.

I didn't dislike the two-three episodes I watched, I just kinda stopped and assumed it wouldn't really improve. Guess I'm jacked back in.:madmax:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Erg posted:

imo it's fair to not want someone to have a full imagined conversation with you as a reply

I'm gonna

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

this seems...... poorly timed

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Erg posted:

and the last time he spun himself up over something that doesnt matter he threatened to hit someone with a metal bar. i think im perfectly within my rights here lol

marumaru
May 20, 2013

worst part of koumei continues to be the singing
legit just skipping them now

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

marumaru posted:

worst part of koumei continues to be the singing
legit just skipping them now

reading this post and i don't know how to stop heaving sighs

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Saagonsa posted:

Since its second season just recently came out I decided to watch all of Ghost in the Shell SAC 2045, and honestly I thought it was actually kinda good. Honestly my biggest complaint with it is that there's a grand total of 1 standalone episode in the whole series, and they were some of my favorite parts of the original SAC. The overall story was pretty good and ended in an extremely gits way, which I like. Still think that the original SAC was overall better, but I am genuinely surprised at how much I don't hate 2045.

Even the full CG animation isn't really that bad after the first couple of episodes. Didn't mind it at all by the end, and I think it actually kinda works well for some of the things they were doing.

I’m watching the second part right now and the story is insanely good. It’s a lot of theorizing about things and hacking is going on and there’s cool fights. It’s legit great. Except the CGI is dogshit. Like, you will get used to it, sure. But it’s still putting your face next to a bare rear end, getting a face full of fart and eventually going “well it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.” As it is the show really isn’t getting noticed by anime fans and I’m only imagining if this had been traditionally animated that it would have been huge because there’s some really really cool poo poo that has been happening and it’s a shame that Netflix couldn’t flex its muscles and pay for a great 2D GitS but looked how lovely 3DCG does for them and said “more of this please.”

I was super pleased with how something in the new season tied into what was a stand alone episode in the first season.

SAC 2045 is extremely good and Kamiyama still knows how to put together a good story. Too bad he’s married to lovely animation now.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

drat i really tried to give 2045 a fighting chance but couldnt get past the 3rd episode or so :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Everything made after Solid State Society just kinda rolls off me. I tried 2045's s2 ep1 and this just feels like the terminator maid bit from black lagoon