Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
You can noclip into it and, at least currently, it seems to be like a big icy tundra viking zone. And perhaps obviously the data is there for a 4th tier of gear including some unique equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

There's also the big inaccessible area in the Farmlands that's implied to be the remains of Dracula's Castle.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Could someone make a V thread and take the V chat there?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
a V ery good idea

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Canuckistan posted:

Could someone make a V thread and take the V chat there?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I can't believe people are talking about the survival game in the survival game megathread

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I ain't heard nobody talking about finding and securing water sources, or how to raise food properly (whether it's plant, animal, or human), or how to manage environmental effects (beyond stand under a roof you fool), it's not a real survival game. :colbert:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

HelloSailorSign posted:

or how to manage environmental effects (beyond stand under a roof you fool)

To be fair, this is a surprisingly effective survival gameplay mechanic and meaningfully effects the gameplay loop. Floor is lava mechanic belongs to survival.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

HelloSailorSign posted:

I ain't heard nobody talking about finding and securing water sources, or how to raise food properly (whether it's plant, animal, or human), or how to manage environmental effects (beyond stand under a roof you fool), it's not a real survival game. :colbert:

Ugh, I have to tend my human cattle farm, thank you very much.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if you can die its a survival game, by definition

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Countblanc posted:

if you can die its a survival game, by definition

Radical survival anarchy

Mario Kart is a survival game.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HelloSailorSign posted:

[...] or how to raise food properly (whether it's plant, animal, or human) [...]

Found the Njerpez

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I can't believe people are talking about the survival game in the survival game megathread

I don't think that anyone is trying to slap your hands over this, the game just seems popular enough that a dedicated thread would be good

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

I'd like a V Rising thread. I have some specific questions that can't be easily/quickly answered by Google but don't want to flood this thread with them.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I don't own V Rising yet and I'm not saying it's not popular but this thread is very low traffic and most of the recent posts are not even about V Rising. I don't get people always trying to expulse others out of a relevant thread.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I see it as a baby bird being kicked out of the nest. Valheim was the same way, and now the Valheim thread has 216 pages.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
if it's a good game with a lot of stuff going on then it deserves its own thread, that's a good thing :shrug:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

It’s probably a matter of who wants to make it (not it).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I researched a Sapphire Pendant recipe, but I'm not sure what workstation I need to be able to make it.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

The Lone Badger posted:

I researched a Sapphire Pendant recipe, but I'm not sure what workstation I need to be able to make it.

Jewelcrafting table; you get the recipe from Leandra the Shadow Priestess

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I've made the last half-dozen Stunlock Studios game threads so if one isn't made in the next day or two I can get one up.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Flesh Forge posted:

if it's a good game with a lot of stuff going on then it deserves its own thread, that's a good thing :shrug:

SettingSun posted:

It’s probably a matter of who wants to make it (not it).

these are both very good points, also my problem outside being lazy and unsure about making a good or bad op is that time spent making a thread is time not spent playing v rising

Countblanc posted:

I've made the last half-dozen Stunlock Studios game threads so if one isn't made in the next day or two I can get one up.

your service is appreciated

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The main thing that interests me about it is that it was made by the bloodline champion guys and I haven't touched their games since then, but it was a pretty good game if a bit underappreciated in it's time, it was a decent alternative moba-style teamfighting for a time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just wanna say that V Rising is so goddamn good. I seriously love most everything about it.

I wish the blood type vision was a passive with no filter but eh, no biggie.

I'm playing solo with 5X resources and 5X stacks. No way do I have time to do it solo at 1X.

Even so, I've got 30ish hours in and the way systems are integrated pleases me greatly.

Also, you can teleport while on a horse. What a time saver!

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Also, you can teleport while on a horse. What a time saver!

havent you seen the movie/cautionary tale "the fly"? please dont do this

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
What are the good options to rent a server? Can you tweak the settings on those?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kevin Bacon posted:

Heh, my flesh is dead. No more risk of fusion than teleporting while wearing leather.

Has anyone moved their castle late in game?
I'm almost post-iron and I'd like to move somewhere more central.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

KingKapalone posted:

What are the good options to rent a server? Can you tweak the settings on those?

Stunlock has a partnership with G Portal for server hosting but any normal hosting option should be fine I think. And yes you can change settings, there's a lot of them and if you want to see all the options you can make a private game and check the advanced settings.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Heh, my flesh is dead. No more risk of fusion than teleporting while wearing leather.

Has anyone moved their castle late in game?
I'm almost post-iron and I'd like to move somewhere more central.

my crew has one castle for each region. seems like there is little reason to keep your castle in a different region than your current needs in terms of materials? i haven't played much since we moved into the second region, but i can't recall a need to ever go to the first region to get anything

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kevin Bacon posted:

That sounds like a benefit to me! Free improved running speed.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
One thing I do not care for is that even normal male humans look like Giraffes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kevin Bacon posted:

my crew has one castle for each region. seems like there is little reason to keep your castle in a different region than your current needs in terms of materials? i haven't played much since we moved into the second region, but i can't recall a need to ever go to the first region to get anything

Makes sense. Made a new castle from scratch north of the iron mine and already like the layout much more.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You can also teleport between your castles. I intend to build outposts that exist solely to hold prisoners.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Kevin Bacon posted:

I played through most of the content there is, Silverlight's big city drops stuff like iron and copper ingots so I've never had to go back and farm them. Even silver doesn't really need to be farmed once you have servants that are strong enough to do it for you. I put 50 hours into V Rising and I had a great time, excited to pick it up again when there's more to play. Went through most of it on a 3x PVE server and the combat is lots of fun.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

you need space for all the muscles that give sucking power

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

Unlucky7 posted:

The long hair option disguises it quite well.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
v rising thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4003177

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That there is a qualiety op

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I would have called it The V Monologues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Kevin Bacon posted:

That's a Simpsons 'Treehouse of Horror' ep, right? I think I've seen it, yeah :v:

Thanks to all the talk about V Rising though, I'm keeping an eye on it - I have a lot of games to get through at the moment, but I'll have to give it a shot at some point.