Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Well whats the first

I did this at work when the Act 10 protests broke out in downtown Madison in early 2011 over Scott Walker's naked (and, ultimately and sadly, mostly successful) attempt to destroy public-sector unions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

At this point I’m not sure if there’s anything that can dislodge Snyder unless he chooses to walk away.

Snyder could be convicted of some felony charges & be running the Commanders from his jail cell like Paul Cicero.

Yes I watched Goodfellas last night.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Snyder could be convicted of some felony charges & be running the Commanders from his jail cell like Paul Cicero.

If it makes you feel any better the real life experience Henry Hill and those guys had while in jail wasn’t anything like that and it was all Scorsese artistic license.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I like this trend of athletes clapping back on twitter (do people still say clapping back?)

https://twitter.com/Lj_era8/status/1530205700831551489

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hmm I wonder what the difference was that had Brady feeling just fine to do literally everything with the team?

Oh right he had his rookie deal torn up and was given a real contract ahead of the first season he would be the week 1 starter.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

shirts and skins posted:

No whammies no whammies no whammies

Scuttlebutt is that the Blazers will be first, that may give us some insight into the bid process.

Bezos buys both. Book it.

Android Apocalypse posted:

:same:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Besides Brady, who practically qualifies for Medicare at this point and was a bigger billing than Jesus contemporarily, Who else is/was missing OTAs at the starting quarterback position? I agree he can choose not to go and that's fine, but it seems unusual.

I'm still not buying, necessarily, that there's any animosity between Lamar Jackson and the Ravens, but god drat if there isn't a lot of smoke.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lamar wants to get paid it’s pretty simple.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Black Lighter posted:

This got me thinking about the old NFC West, and all the way back in 1980 the Niners had Montana, the Falcons had Steve Bartkowski, the Saints had Archie Manning and the Rams had the best year of Vince Ferragamo's career

Montana wasn’t fully Montana until that bullshit 4 TD comeback against the Saints that year

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yeah, guys get serious injuries at OTA's every year. Why risk it if you're not getting that guaranteed money.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So Baltimore is lying when they say that they've been having a hard time initiating negotiations then, I guess. If that's the case how does that benefit them versus just saying they've been negotiating unsuccessfully and why wouldn't Jackson's camp refute it if it's not true?

I've been just assuming that Lamar is doing the Kirk Cousins thing of exploiting how much the franchise tag the first and second year is.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

Besides Brady, who practically qualifies for Medicare at this point and was a bigger billing than Jesus contemporarily, Who else is/was missing OTAs at the starting quarterback position? I agree he can choose not to go and that's fine, but it seems unusual.

I'm still not buying, necessarily, that there's any animosity between Lamar Jackson and the Ravens, but god drat if there isn't a lot of smoke.

Rodgers, Murray and Mayfield lol. Murray is the only one remotely close to Lamar's situation and that's the one where there is an active fire.

It's definitely unusual, but its whatever. I'll only really start getting worried when he's holding out of training camp.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Lamar is going to the Miami Dolphins

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

IIRC Lamar doesn’t have an agent which doesn’t help things honestly.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

IIRC Lamar doesn’t have an agent which doesn’t help things honestly.

From what I understand the team has been trying to pay him and he isn't really listening to offers.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It seems like he's betting on himself this season which thanks to the Browns rewarding the rape guy could pay off quite well for him. But yes as far as we know his advisors are an accountant, his mom, and some Florida SoundCloud rappers.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lamar wants to get paid it’s pretty simple.

Yeah as mentioned the Ravens are sitting in an empty office with a contract and pen in hand staring at the clock while certified genius Lamar Jackson is his own agent and is avoiding them for...reasons? Maybe he's busy fake-rage posting about players getting traded that he has known about for weeks?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

sharknado slashfic posted:

It seems like he's betting on himself this season which thanks to the Browns rewarding the rape guy could pay off quite well for him. But yes as far as we know his advisors are an accountant, his mom, and some Florida SoundCloud rappers.

It can also backfire like shorty on the Browns

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Was Lamar seemingly so reluctant to engage in contract negotiations before Watson’s absolutely absurd fully guaranteed contract?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

kiimo posted:

Yeah as mentioned the Ravens are sitting in an empty office with a contract and pen in hand staring at the clock while certified genius Lamar Jackson is his own agent and is avoiding them for...reasons? Maybe he's busy fake-rage posting about players getting traded that he has known about for weeks?

you seem angry

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

They've been trying to sign him since after the 2020 season. He probably could have gotten a better deal than he would right now if he had done a deal before the start of last season. But I agree that he is doubling down on himself after tanking his value slightly last season.

I like the dude a lot and hope we can sign him, but he has shown pretty bad decision making on and off the field.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

anyway Lamar is going the Flacco route of winning the Super Bowl in year 5 and getting a billion dollars (from the Miami Dolphis)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

pasaluki posted:

It can also backfire like shorty on the Browns

Yup

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Was Lamar seemingly so reluctant to engage in contract negotiations before Watson’s absolutely absurd fully guaranteed contract?

Yup

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Lamar owns though hoping he comes out of this happy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mystic Stylez posted:

you seem angry

I don't like Lamar. I like the Ravens and the fans but that guy is a pain

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

kiimo posted:

Lamar has played this situation perfectly. He has correctly determined that dragging out this process will make his forthcoming contract bigger and bigger and bigger. Best paid QB in the league is the one that got paid most recently. If Lamar signed today he'd probably make 7 million more APY than Josh Allen.

It's a slight gamble for injury or regression but some team is going to pay a 26 year old former MVP QB a king's ransom regardless of what happens this year on the field.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

No I want him to buy the Chargers and move them back to San Diego

I like you

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

kiimo posted:

Sometimes I look around at Herbert and Burrow and Allen and Mahomes etc and wonder why the Ravens had to end up with the brain genius QB but then I remember Joe Flacco won a Superbowl for them so I guess I can't complain too much.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
LeSean McCoy is not a fan of Bieniemy

https://nypost.com/2022/05/26/lesean-mccoy-on-why-eric-bieniemy-isnt-an-nfl-head-coach/

posted:

“There’s a reason why every year they keep hyping him up to get a head coaching job, or an offensive coordinator job somewhere else, and he don’t get one,” McCoy said.

“He talks to players a certain way, and some players would take it. I wouldn’t take it. There’s some questions I’m gonna ask. Everyone’s accountable. It’s not because he’s a black coach [that he’s not getting hired]. That’s not the reason.”

McCoy continued, saying that “no one hires him because they know what type of coach he really is.”

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seems to read to me as: Old lovely running back mad that his OC properly benched his rear end

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

kiimo posted:

no one likes ravens fans. come on man.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I'm ok with Lamar waiting till the end of this year from a Ravens fan perspective. Because he will either be mediocre or worse and show us that we probably shouldn't pay him lots of money. Or he will be good or great again and show us he's worth every penny. It's a gamble on his part, but I don't see us losing unless he plays great and some other team outbids us.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Watch Lamar go to the Steelers.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I guess he could also suffer some sort of bad injury early or before the season and make things complicated. So that's another thing that could go wrong. Then it's not clear what to do. Probably would be best to let him walk in that case sad to say.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/StevenIHaglund/status/1530257755730104320?t=C3Lx0sjS8F0Y5s5bY2dN1A&s=19

Oooohweeeee

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I covet Slater

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
McCoy seems like the kinda person who develops beefs easily, so I'm a bit skeptical of that comment.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Chargers are going to have to step up their game if they're going to score some embarrassing losses with the team they currently have.

I mean it'll happen but they're gonna have to go to the levels of Lions/Falcons/NFC East-style meltdowns to blow this, even in the toughest division in football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mega64 posted:

The Chargers are going to have to step up their game if they're going to score some embarrassing losses with the team they currently have.

I mean it'll happen but they're gonna have to go to the levels of Lions/Falcons/NFC East-style meltdowns to blow this, even in the toughest division in football.

The chargers once missed the playoffs with like the #1 offense and defense because their special teams were just that bad

I believe in them.