Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pohl posted:

you can't even troll your own thread properly, very sad

I’ll let you know when I start trolling ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Getting nostalgic for all the times Westbrook was good...

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

me & westbrook in the car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ooaiF6SSgw

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

fart simpson posted:

if you trust 538's advanced stats, and i think all of us here do, then the celtics have 3 players better than kevin durant and 6 players better than kyrie (the nets 2nd best player)

I definitely don't trust 538's stats compared to ESPN/BR. They only gave the Warriors a 22% chance of making the playoffs heading into the season! They were seemingly right about the Celtics though

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they made the playoffs they were right ??

what are you saying they were wrong about ?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

they made the playoffs they were right ??

what are you saying they were wrong about ?

They had the Celtics as one of the most likely teams to win the championship even when they were like 20-23. Seemingly their models knew something that we didn't back then

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

IIRC they had bad 3p% for and against at the time which evened out.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
remember people flipping out when some arena showed a picture of Westbrook and said he was on a bad shooting streak

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Yossarian-22 posted:

They had the Celtics as one of the most likely teams to win the championship even when they were like 20-23. Seemingly their models knew something that we didn't back then

if it was that easy to figure out who was likely to win then betting would be closed down instantly

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

euphronius posted:

here are the warriors past ten years : Kevin Durant was good and you chased him away

that’s it

edit

draymond is good when he tries as well but he chased Durant away so many sides !!

Did Curry piss in your cornpops or something

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s fine but is he “notable “?

do we have entire podcasts dedicated to the career of Ricky Davis or Dana barros

are we going to put Chris Middleton on the cover of a magazine if they existed anymore ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Steph is no longer the most overrated player in the nba so at least he has that going for him now

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

he’s fine but is he “notable “?

yes, by any definition of this word you’d like to apply. please don’t make me defend the legacy of Stephen Curry

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fine he’s notable in the extent he’s overrated and exposes that nba writers don’t know anything abo it basketball

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the cause Celebre of the empty fantasy stats crowd

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
do u actually care about what sports writers think? genuine q

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was thinking on a walk today - what if the Milwaukee bucks were the 6th seed . would ginna is have been a finalist for mvp ?

no he would not have

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Time posted:

do u actually care about what sports writers think? genuine q

they are a substantial part of the nba and decide things like mvp and all nba at the most tangible end and also more ephemeral aspects like what teams are covered and what stories are pushed (basically they decide the fans experience of the nba in part )

if your follow up is why do I care about the mvp well I am a fan of basketball

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
no I was just asking, they aren’t a part of my nba watching experience and I was curious

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

all leagues should move away from having writers do anything important. they have destroyed(in part ) baseball’s hall of fame and nba awards and won’t stop until defeated

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
for me, it’s nice to only watch games. I read threads sometimes but 100% scroll past Twitter links unless they get some lols

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if you ignore pre game , half time , post game , Twitter , podcasts , awards and what the pbp and color announcers say then yeah can see how you avoid writers

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

euphronius posted:

if you ignore pre game , half time , post game , Twitter , podcasts , awards and what the pbp and color announcers say then yeah can see how you avoid writers

all of that stuff sounds awful yeah. podcasts what am I 40

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

fine he’s notable in the extent he’s overrated and exposes that nba writers don’t know anything abo it basketball

remind me again, who do you think the top 20 players are in the nba and why

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

by top what do you mean . most valuable to winning ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’d have curry 5th on the warriors

you could convince me he’s 6th

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Steph is top 60? maybe ? I’m just counting in my head

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

he’s made the most three pointers, even if that was 100% of his game that’s notable and HoF worthy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

he’s made the most three pointers, even if that was 100% of his game that’s notable and HoF worthy

why ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

who has the most fouls in the same time curry has played ? who has set the most picks ? who has the most 3p contests?

euphronius fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 27, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

because it’s a counting statistic of points scored that he has the most of, like home runs or touch downs. the person who has the most of that is notable

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Because he pussed out, his notable years are nuetered, and we shouldn't credit him with things that didnt happen.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ok fine he’s notable in the sense that he’s an entry in the book of records .

however counting stats in the nba are mostly bunk considering how dependent they are pace which fluctuates wildly over time

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

baseball games are the same “pace “ (27 outs ) across all eras so it makes more sense in that sport to use counting stats for example

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a much more valuable stat would be percentage of three pointers made let’s look at the all time list

curry is on there too ok so good point I guess I underestimated him . mea culpa

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

euphronius posted:

I’d have curry 5th on the warriors

you could convince me he’s 6th

You are one stupid motherfucker

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
steph changed offense is played, ignore the old man arguing that he isn't notable.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

step invented chucking ? lol

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Dasar posted:

steph changed offense is played, ignore the old man arguing that he isn't notable.

so did AI but nobody says he’s a top 10 player

can’t wait to watch steph shoot 30% from 3 during the finals and get a pity FMVP given to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

euphronius posted:

step invented chucking ? lol

and choking when you’re up 3-1 in the finals