Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

What it we hope for trees to fall on them, like their governor?

I have a strong desire to plant cottonwoods next to police stations.

I am not going to get drawn into bullshit "is this okay, what about this, if this isn't ok then why is this?" games. Roll the dice and see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

McNally posted:

I don't disagree but at the same time having lost a loved one to suicide and the nature of this subforum as a whole, it has to be clear that saying someone should kill themselves is not ok.

Even if they're more porcine than hominid.
Especially given cops' statistical affinity for domestic violence, there's probably a good chance of [more]innocents getting killed. So. . . yeah.

Personally, I didn't think I could have more rage re cops than I did exactly 2 years ago this weekend, but it turns out there was still some room for that rage to grow.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
That’s a pretty good point.

How the gently caress do cops manage to dig themselves lower than choking a man to death on camera for 9 minutes?

By golly they loving found a way!!!!!!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

McNally posted:

I am not going to get drawn into bullshit "is this okay, what about this, if this isn't ok then why is this?" games. Roll the dice and see what happens.

Gotcha.

It's venting, is all. I realize dancing around the actual intent in my head isn't much better, but the extra 5 seconds of thinking about how to phrase it more... acceptably, might at least help kick my head off the thought.

This whole week has been poo poo news after poo poo news. We're all burnt out from it, and all we're going to hear from the left is "vote!" while the right is going to keep repeating themselves about how now isn't the time for policy discussion while sucking off an NRA board member through the congressional gloryhole. And I'm going to stop before I get angry again. Back to Ancient Aliens for the day, I guess.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

FrozenVent posted:

I shouldn’t need to say it, you guys should all know, but don’t joke about or advocate suicide in this forum, thank you.

I’m not saying you can’t be angry at the complete failures of the cops, just don’t say they should kill themselves. It’s not that hard.

they should kill themselves though

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

This whole week has been poo poo news after poo poo news. We're all burnt out from it, and all we're going to hear from the left is "vote!" while the right is going to keep repeating themselves about how now isn't the time for policy discussion while sucking off an NRA board member through the congressional gloryhole. And I'm going to stop before I get angry again. Back to Ancient Aliens for the day, I guess.

Yeah, I hear you. I keep wondering if I should close this thread for a day and replace it with soothing poo poo but in the end that doesn't really accomplish a lot.

Everyone, take a moment to ponder this video of kittens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB-qEYVdvXA

TheWeedNumber posted:

they should kill themselves though

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Okay, I really have to ask:

Most if not all of you know my history. So what the gently caress do you think is going to happen if you decide you should make suicide a loving punchline?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

What it we hope for trees to fall on them, like their governor?

I have a strong desire to plant cottonwoods next to police stations.

Planting the Trees of Liberty, if you will.

edit: kittens are well and good for the cat crowd, but here's a brain cleanser for the canine-inclined

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtMuKjvhz5g

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

edit: kittens are well and good for the cat crowd, but here's a brain cleanser for the canine-inclined

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtMuKjvhz5g

Another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4we73GHH9k

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Gotcha.

It's venting, is all. I realize dancing around the actual intent in my head isn't much better, but the extra 5 seconds of thinking about how to phrase it more... acceptably, might at least help kick my head off the thought.

If you're so full of rage and whatever that you have to say people need to kill themselves in a sub forum full of people that have seen an extreme amount of trauma you need to disconnect from the news and get loving help. Not you specifically.

Edit: like please God do something other than sit and stew in this. Find someone to talk to.

lightpole fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 27, 2022

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think the level of rage is warranted given that 19 children died but the mods don’t want it expressed that way whether or not it’s justified so

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

boop the snoot posted:

I think the level of rage is warranted given that 19 children died but the mods don’t want it expressed that way whether or not it’s justified so

I'm sorry my deep personal trauma is inconvenient for your internet shitposting

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
19 kids died probably directly due to the inaction of police officers.

This isn’t about you.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

here's something that's both good and a current event:

I GET TO SEE LUCA TODAY!!!!!

:luca:

i'm also doing fundraising for chained dog rehab for the first time since covid got loose in nz, so please give all your money to these good dogs

https://www.chaineddog.org.nz/

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

lightpole posted:

If you're so full of rage and whatever that you have to say people need to kill themselves in a sub forum full of people that have seen an extreme amount of trauma you need to disconnect from the news and get loving help. Not you specifically.

This is kinda why I try to lean the karma route or call on the powers of a mystical sasquatch to perform acts of nature that result in negative consequences or whatever the gently caress. I'm trying to dance my mind away from what could be more intent driven posting while venting. Away from "I want them to harm themselves or to harm them myself" and more towards "I hope Zeus smites them at their awards ceremony for this." Picking holes in my brain for any bullshit descriptive of their outcome seems, not healthy, but at least feels a little like progress, even if only slightly more acceptable socially.

I'm going to avoid news channels for the rest of the day, probably weekend. Stick to mind rotting brain candy and take a few longer walks. It won't improve things in the world, but the bad news will always be there when I flip back to CNN later.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

boop the snoot posted:

This isn’t about you.

We seem to be talking past each other, then. My bad.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It won't improve things in the world, but the bad news will always be there when I flip back to CNN later.

This is the attitude I generally try to take. No, what I do might not improve the world, but it might improve my world.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

boop the snoot posted:

This isn’t about you.

But them suiciding themselves is also not justice.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The cops have somehow deleted 18 minutes of police scanner data because their archive is simply missing data from near the start of the incident.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That should collect a bunch of people a jail term. Instead they'll get plaques and ribbons.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

The cops have somehow deleted 18 minutes of police scanner data because their archive is simply missing data from near the start of the incident.

Was it captured by somebody else? These guys have got to be deep into evidence destruction mode by now.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Was it captured by somebody else? These guys have got to be deep into evidence destruction mode by now.

I would imagine that there might be an archive somewhere on the internet with all the police scanner sites/streams.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

facialimpediment posted:

Nineteen cops, all developing the chickenshits all at once.

https://twitter.com/IAmAmnaNawaz/status/1530222852208738305

Jesus loving Christ that's literally pathetic. Those loving pieces of poo poo.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Those cops should be made to listen to all of the 911 calls from start to finish every day for the rest of their lives.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
That's a good one!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

McNally posted:

Those cops should be made to listen to all of the 911 calls from start to finish every day for the rest of their lives.

This.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Cops: The flag they never carried, the schoolyard they never crossed, and the yellow speaks for itself.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Would bet money some of those cops believe they did the right thing and are being unfairly dragged.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

maffew buildings posted:

Would bet money some of those cops believe they did the right thing and are being unfairly dragged.

Obviously, nobody can understand serving on the blue line, or so they believe.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

McNally posted:

This wouldn't effect them in the slightest.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

ASAPI posted:

I would imagine that there might be an archive somewhere on the internet with all the police scanner sites/streams.

Are there still police departments that use unencrypted bands? A decade or two ago I would assume a small town would be, but there's so much DHS money floating around.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Are there still police departments that use unencrypted bands? A decade or two ago I would assume a small town would be, but there's so much DHS money floating around.

You can still listen in to the scanner in my town. I’m pretty sure they all switch to WhatsApp or something when crazy poo poo happens, though.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
There's also encrypted channels for them to switch to.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
With that said, even if they have secure communication resources available, I wouldn't assume that they have good comsec.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
There was a twitter thread about that last night and if they were on encrypted comms it'd still record static. There's just nothing.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Proud Christian Mom posted:

There was a twitter thread about that last night and if they were on encrypted comms it'd still record static. There's just nothing.

Depends. If its Frequency hopping as well as encrypted, you'll hear something every now and again.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mr. Nice! posted:

Do you have a source? Would like to share

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

post your favorite dead cops

this one is my favorite

https://www.odmp.org/officer/23028-corrections-officer-i-david-michael-weaver

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

That Works posted:

Do you have a source? Would like to share

Here's a Verge editor engaging folks about it:

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/1529839697161121793?t=pxu8L4NksHf0WPlgvr3FgQ&s=19

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Christopher Dorner was the only good cop qtiyd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

McNally posted:

Yes.