Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm just playing Scholar in frontlines racking up damage and assists. Buff dot, hit dot, spread dot, drop fairy when the group stops moving, do-da

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I just remembered: is there a collectible version of the outfit you have put on you from the 80 Sage quest?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Regalingualius posted:

I just remembered: is there a collectible version of the outfit you have put on you from the 80 Sage quest?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's identical to the level 90 SGE artifact set.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Vermain posted:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's identical to the level 90 SGE artifact set.

Might’ve been, I’ll check when I can, though IIRC, the default version wasn’t the same dark blue shade, and the weapon didn’t quite match either.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Kyrosiris posted:

Meanwhile, in my ward in Mist (which is now FC-only), none of the four available plots have a single bid on them (two mediums and two smalls). But god forbid I get to relocate to either of those mediums. :rolleyes:

I’m betting most FCs are bidding on the large plots and super wanted locations right now, and when only one person gets them places like those empty ones get filled in by the ones that didn’t get lucky after a few more rounds of housing lotto.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Do we know how many rounds of housing lotto there's going to be? I don't have enough gil this time around but I probably will soon if they are doing a couple more.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

They go indefinitely as long as there are plots to be bid on, as I understand it. Just an endless cycle.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

Do we know how many rounds of housing lotto there's going to be? I don't have enough gil this time around but I probably will soon if they are doing a couple more.

It's just going to repeat infinitely, what houses would be up would be the question. My two cents is the next lotto will probably also have some action due to hermit crab shuffling of people moving around, after that it's increasingly just waiting for demos to resume while shell FCs more or less slowly go after the remaining ishgard capacity

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Ah ok. I don't really have any ambitions beyond grabbing a small for house dress up so I hope I can get in on something with a low amount of bids at some point.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If you really want one I would just set up a shell FC, wait a month for it to mature, and hope there are still ishgard smalls left in 30 days. It's not certain, I haven't really been following how many people are going for them in this round, but it's probably your best chance for the foreseeable future

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Dragongem posted:

For what it's worth I feel like the CC balancing is pretty good. Haven't played a ton since the BLM updates, but before that the only class that I thought was genuinely awful was Gunbreaker.

They definitely went stupidly overboard on BLM. I played a bunch of Crystal rank yesterday and I don’t think I saw a fight without one and they were almost always top of damage charts. I think they could have stood to get a small buff, sure. What they got was way to broken.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

No Mods No Masters posted:

If you really want one I would just set up a shell FC, wait a month for it to mature, and hope there are still ishgard smalls left in 30 days. It's not certain, I haven't really been following how many people are going for them in this round, but it's probably your best chance for the foreseeable future

Follow up question: how many people do I need in the FC? And will there be anything limiting about it being an FC house (if anything it seems like it would be the other way around)? And then will I have to remain in my shell FC to keep the house? Because I'd rather not have housing than do that, I like being in EMC.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

Follow up question: how many people do I need in the FC? And will there be anything limiting about it being an FC house (if anything it seems like it would be the other way around)? And then will I have to remain in my shell FC to keep the house? Because I'd rather not have housing than do that, I like being in EMC.

I haven't actually done this process, I'm only commenting as a spectator on housing who talks to people who are really into it. If anyone has better answers here please correct me.

- You need 4 members when you go to bid on the house, no restrictions other than that.
- There's nothing limiting about it, as you said in a way it's strictly better since you get submarine/airship access which personals don't. I guess you lose the possibility to add someone as a tenant like you can in a personal, they have to join the FC instead.
- In theory you could pass ownership of the FC to an alt or something like that (I think that also requires the alt to have been a member for 30 days) if you wanted to join another FC and treat it as your account's house so to speak. But otherwise yes that would be a problem

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 27, 2022

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Professor Beetus posted:

You need to get the FC to rank 6 and it needs a minimum of 4 people in order for you to bid on it at all. Its an FC house so you need to stay in the FC to access and decorate it. You could put an alt as a lead but then you'd have to either figure out a way to transfer furniture between your alt and main (which I believe is nearly impossible without someone helping?) or just leave/rejoin both FCs when you're feeling like it.

Xun fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 27, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The Black Stones posted:

They definitely went stupidly overboard on BLM. I played a bunch of Crystal rank yesterday and I don’t think I saw a fight without one and they were almost always top of damage charts. I think they could have stood to get a small buff, sure. What they got was way to broken.

look Yoshi-P deserves to have his main be top tier even if only for a week

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
They need to add a new magical dps class because I don't like any of the current options and want to do all the role quests.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Yeah sounds like I'd rather just throw my hat in the pleb's lottery and hope for the best.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

sassassin posted:

They need to add a new magical dps class because I don't like any of the current options and want to do all the role quests.

Necro, Geomancer or Time Mage imo.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
all of those are fantastic options so you know they're going to add some weird bullshit instead

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zil posted:

Necro, Geomancer or Time Mage imo.

Green Mage. Give em all the dots/dot mechanics. We even have a Official Job Outfit to based AF gear on.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

My controversial request is that I want a melee DPS equivalent to Dancer and Summoner. Something much simpler/easier than the others at the cost of just doing a little less damage.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

my job requests are reasonable and humble:

-gambler that battles by pulling triple triad cards from your gold saucer deck
-puppetmaster that battles by using your minion collection
-beastmaster, mount collection, etc.
-freelancer that lets you use cross-job abilities
-festivalist

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

My controversial request is that I want a melee DPS equivalent to Dancer and Summoner. Something much simpler/easier than the others at the cost of just doing a little less damage.

Those are called tanks.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Freelancer would be pretty cool to play as. Can mix a little white mage with warrior and go nuts for soloing old content.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
It's weird, all my ranked matched lately haven't even had tanks. Either 1 heal or all dps

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

At this point have to figure that 7.0 will have a ranged physical dps and a magic ranged dps, right? That would put make 5 melee, 4 ranged and 4 casters.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Time Mage using Spell-in-Waiting from the ShB raids where you cast a rotation of spells and the goal is to detonate them all inside a debuff you set up for maximum damage

Ranged DPS using Blitzballs and Scouting gear, does very high spike DPS by setting up Plays and has defensive raid utility with Fouls, and its LB is Blitz Ace

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I want a ranged DPS that's an inverse of dancer, where your aoe stuff is ranged but you have to get into melee to do single target damage

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I still request a combat crafter job

I can make masterwork weapons in seconds, why can't I just huck an endless barrage of them at people like in the animes

(Also, Gatherers are melees)

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The media tours have repeatedly demonstrated two core player demands that they can't run from forever: blitzball, and dating urianger

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
blitzball is awful. why do people keep asking for it. did they completely forget how bad it was in ffx.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

FuturePastNow posted:

They did it's called Reaper.

But also Melee is going to be more complicated to play because you have less things to worry about. Tanks gotta tank, healers gotta heal, Magical DPS have to manage mana on top of personal class mechanics, ranged usually have more support options so they've gotta focus on that as well. Melee is the classification of Jobs where your one job is to do your rotation as tightly as possible and just that. If you take away the complexity you end up with something just boring to play. Summoner but I worry about movement even less (Especially with how the'yre pulling away from positional hits outside of combo enders) would just be absolutely boring. It just wouldn't have things to do. It's why ranged dps are (Generally) Much more relaxed design wise.

Hell that's what makes Black mage so weird/unique among casters it barely cares about mana and instead is based around emulating melee brain as much as possible by greeding casts and not moving until you absolutely have to.

Chillgamesh posted:

Time Mage using Spell-in-Waiting

The time mage in the game (AST) already does this with Horoscope and Earthly Star

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

blitzball is awful. why do people keep asking for it. did they completely forget how bad it was in ffx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXTZsiwk-ik

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

Blitzball was actually good.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

sassassin posted:

Blitzball was actually good.

It was always bad and, having started X not too long ago, remains bad.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Zomborgon posted:

I still request a combat crafter job

I can make masterwork weapons in seconds, why can't I just huck an endless barrage of them at people like in the animes

(Also, Gatherers are melees)

Combat crafter is a Hunter job, spending most of your time crafting snares and booby traps in place to inflict damage and status effects on enemies.

And spending the rest of your time swearing at the tank for not holding the boss in your carefully designed kill zone.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Lotta of people in here outing themselves as bad at blitzball.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i didn't get too far in FFX (because i ran from every encounter and was too underleveled to fight Seymour the first time) but i did win at blitzball

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Professor Beetus posted:

I want a ranged DPS that's an inverse of dancer, where your aoe stuff is ranged but you have to get into melee to do single target damage

That's pretty close to red mage. Unless that's the joke.

I want a non-ninja rogue who takes inspiration from the SWTOR Smuggler. Story based games like these with smug and snotty bosses like sith lords or ascians are infinitely improved when you can throw dirt in their eye then kick them in the groin the second combat starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thundarr posted:

Combat crafter is a Hunter job, spending most of your time crafting snares and booby traps in place to inflict damage and status effects on enemies.

And spending the rest of your time swearing at the tank for not holding the boss in your carefully designed kill zone.

Ah, Infinite Doton Works