Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

ok fine he’s notable in the sense that he’s an entry in the book of records .

however counting stats in the nba are mostly bunk considering how dependent they are pace which fluctuates wildly over time

What do you think about Harden?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dasar posted:

steph changed offense is played, ignore the old man arguing that he isn't notable.

I have to go back to this : Steph is not a great offensive player . the warriors are not a great offensive team . they win on 1. playing in a garbage conference and 2. defense 3. intentionally injuring Kawhi Leonard

he’s good !! don’t get me wrong . you can definitely win a title with Steph playing a large number of minutes (and lose them !)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

euphronius posted:

a much more valuable stat would be percentage of three pointers made let’s look at the all time list

curry is on there too ok so good point I guess I underestimated him . mea culpa

I agree that rate stats tell you more about a player’s ability to do that specific thing, but you don’t get the whole story without looking at Curry’s volume. the people ahead of him don’t take nearly as many shots not because they can’t make them, but because they’re unable to get the same number of open looks when they’re on the court (which usually isn’t as much as Steph)

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

I have to go back to this : Steph is not a great offensive player . the warriors are not a great offensive team . they win on 1. playing in a garbage conference and 2. defense 3. intentionally injuring Kawhi Leonard

he’s good !! don’t get me wrong . you can definitely win a title with Steph playing a large number of minutes (and lose them !)

up until very recently, the west was by far the better conference. in fact, lebron was mocked for playing in the weaker conference of the two

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The East is full of fraudulent teams like the Hawks, Heat, Bulls, Raptors, and Sixers.

Bucks and Celtics are both great teams so they have that going for them. Nets could be solid too, depending.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Dasar posted:

up until very recently, the west was by far the better conference. in fact, lebron was mocked for playing in the weaker conference of the two

like that year they swept a tired trailblazers team in the conference finals and still lost

or sweeping the spurs after injuring the real best player in the league that year

maybe you’re referring to the gruelling year the warriors beat the rockets 4-1 when Dwight Howard was the second best player on the team?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

warriors vs celtics is going to be a real meeting of the reichs

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skipmyseashells posted:

like that year they swept a tired trailblazers team in the conference finals and still lost

or sweeping the spurs after injuring the real best player in the league that year

maybe you’re referring to the gruelling year the warriors beat the rockets 4-1 when Dwight Howard was the second best player on the team?

they were better than all those teams they beat. sorry that your fav team sucks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

harden is a bit of blind spot for me atm for obvious reasons but I’m pretty sure he’s a total fraud

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i wonder if the raptors have a shot at snagging deandre ayton.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

by top what do you mean . most valuable to winning ?

In the playoffs, yes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

In the playoffs, yes

I am I’m the process of remodeling my playoff analysis due to my eyes being opened as to how much the league and refs want a certain hockey like game in the playoffs

it should not be the case that a 37 year old pj tucker is a top 20 player in the nba but that’s where we are (speaking of playoffs as you mentioned )

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Dreylad posted:

i wonder if the raptors have a shot at snagging deandre ayton.

you really want a guy that got bullied by kleber and powell on your team?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you want to win an nba title in 2022 : who are you picking : pj tucker or jo embiid

it’s pj tucker ! ? right ?

the league is out of wac

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

I am I’m the process of remodeling my playoff analysis due to my eyes being opened as to how much the league and refs want a certain hockey like game in the playoffs

Bill Simmons type take detected

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

as I get closer to the truth the ad hominems from the espn crowd increase . same as it ever was

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

euphronius posted:

Steph is no longer the most overrated player in the nba so at least he has that going for him now

euphronius posted:

I’d have curry 5th on the warriors

you could convince me he’s 6th

NBA Sixth Man of the Year :cheerdoge:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

Bill Simmons type take detected

wait a second. it all makes sense now

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euph do you consider Steve Nash or Tim Duncan to be Nigerian

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

TO BE FAIR the warriors won ONE title by employing MORE THAN ONE notorious center, one of whom happened to infamously, in an act of instinctual desperation, dangerously defend a high-impact three point play which as a result, very unfortunately, INVOLVED

euphronius posted:

injuring Kawhi Leonard

for many years, ending a true basketball dynasty.

but The Klaw got his ring eventually and the rules were changed, happy ending :) :) :)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no one counts 2015 as real

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

lebron was a big deal back then...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how did love get hurt in 2015 ? oh right goon team #2

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I think all the years count

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the conference finals were three of the most notorious goon squads and Dallas

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Time posted:

:coronatoot:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Time posted:

If every title has an asterisk... None of them have an asterisk.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Vox Nihili posted:

If every title has an asterisk... None of them have an asterisk.

nope, one dirk ring has more value than both the KD warrior rings, this is a newly created excuse invented by golden state fans so they can pretend 2016 wasn’t that bad

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

skipmyseashells posted:

nope, one dirk ring has more value than both the KD warrior rings, this is a newly created excuse invented by golden state fans so they can pretend 2016 wasn’t that bad

so we pretend *2007 wasn't that bad

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

skipmyseashells posted:

It's cool that Dirk eventually won one (1) ring, I agree it sucks that the Warriors only won 3 out of their 5 recent finals appearances. Hopefully they'll bump that percentage up this year!

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Vox Nihili posted:

It's cool that Dirk eventually won one (1) ring, I agree it sucks that the Warriors only won 3 out of their 5 recent finals appearances. Hopefully they'll bump that percentage up this year!

you and the dsar guy make me sick. two of those rings came from Kevin durant and two of those final losses were the most pathetic things I’ve ever seen since I started watching hoops in the 90s.

all the criticism the 00s spurs had on loving up their chances and not winning what they should have won considering rosters are amplified ten fold on the warriors

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

calendar year 2007 golden state warriors went 48-43

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

skipmyseashells posted:

you and the dsar guy make me sick. two of those rings came from Kevin durant and two of those final losses were the most pathetic things I’ve ever seen since I started watching hoops in the 90s.

all the criticism the 00s spurs had on loving up their chances and not winning what they should have won considering rosters are amplified ten fold on the warriors

The extraordinary level of cope in the narrative around KD on the Warriors has always been fun. I think it's part of what broke Euph's brain entirely.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think my brain has always been broken

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

The East is full of fraudulent teams like the Hawks, Heat, Bulls, Raptors, and Sixers.

Bucks and Celtics are both great teams so they have that going for them. Nets could be solid too, depending.

The only fraudulent things about Miami are it's politics, people, economy, image, and culture. But NOT the Heat!

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

I want Kevin Durant to play on the Golden State Warriors next Thursday. Do you not want Kevin Durant to play for your favorite team?

There was a time where I wasn't so sure: give up Harrison Barnes, Andrew Bogut, and Marresse Speights?

euphronius posted:

I think my brain has always been broken

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

net work error posted:

The only fraudulent things about Miami are it's politics, people, economy, image, and culture. But NOT the Heat!

I know a big part of it is that their main guys are old/tired/hurt (CP3 syndrome), but they've been pretty bad for a 1 seed.

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skipmyseashells posted:

making kevin durant sound like superman when he got swept this year is so pathetic. just say you hate the GSW fanbase and move on

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

is kevin durant not a superman?

the celtics are good at basketball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Dasar posted:

making kevin durant sound like superman when he got swept this year is so pathetic. just say you hate the GSW fanbase and move on

post acl Kevin durant that had to deal with kyrie sitting on his rear end for 80% of the season, grow up