Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

GR is known for getting basic stuff wrong and then lashing out at anyone who calls them out on it. Don't pay attention to anything they publish, it's likely full of misinformation.

Iymarra posted:

what about Tactical Pascale?

Tactical Pascale is great, and has real life experience as a GCI to back it up.

plester1 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

…and anything they do get right is invariably stolen from other content creators and just repeated wholesale.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
My favorite tutorial vid is the carrier landing by the ED dev. Just super chill and nbd about it all then at the end is like “yep so that’s it”.

You watch it and you’re like “oh well gently caress a 6 year old can do this” and then you try and bolter 4 times in a row or straight up rear end gently caress the carrier.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

This just popped up in my feed. Is the strike eagle expected anytime soon?

https://youtu.be/qLiXiGR5xyk

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

This just popped up in my feed. Is the strike eagle expected anytime soon?

https://youtu.be/qLiXiGR5xyk

"soon"

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

They need to finish SSE support first.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Holy poo poo, Apache hover-hold is fantastic. Went 34 of 36 Hellfire hits tonight in mp with it, and the misses were lag vs moving targets.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
it looks like gpus are getting towards msrp again, so i figured i'd come ask if there's any point in getting one. i play in vr on a g1 reverb and my current card is a 1080ti. would i see any benefit in upgrading to the 3080ti?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Stringent posted:

it looks like gpus are getting towards msrp again, so i figured i'd come ask if there's any point in getting one. i play in vr on a g1 reverb and my current card is a 1080ti. would i see any benefit in upgrading to the 3080ti?

Lmao holy poo poo yes. I saw a big jump between 2080S and 3080ti.

Also see thread title plz.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Vahakyla posted:

Also see thread title plz.

yeah, that's why i was asking :cheers:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Stringent posted:

I went from a 1080 to 3080 recently and yes, it is much better, but then made life hard for myself by going to VR which brought me more in line with the thread title.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Went from 1070ti to 3070ti. Worth.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Yeah I went from a 1060 to a 3070ti myself and holy poo poo what a difference.

Still can't max it out because this is the most unoptimized game ever made though.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Hell I went from a 1050ti to an amd 6600 and it is night and day.

I play 2d though.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Gonna somewhat master this Hornet and then get the Tomcat when it is on sale. I actually have a legit interest in being a RIO for personal reasons. Who wants to be my driver?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

dialhforhero posted:

Gonna somewhat master this Hornet and then get the Tomcat when it is on sale. I actually have a legit interest in being a RIO for personal reasons. Who wants to be my driver?

I'll be a pilot. Right now we have more pilots than RIOs as regulars, so it will not be hard for you to find a driver for a mission.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
HP Reverb G2s on sale for $350 with free shipping: https://www.ebay.com/itm/154337729592

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

my kinda ape posted:

HP Reverb G2s on sale for $350 with free shipping: https://www.ebay.com/itm/154337729592

This really is an excellent headset for sims if you have the GPU to drive it.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Any tips on trackir placement? I bought the grass monkey puck which is the equivalent of the trackir pro. It keeps shadowing it’s own sensors and causing choppy tracking and the camera jumping around

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

my kinda ape posted:

Jesus that’s a screaming deal.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

my kinda ape posted:

THis is an insanely good deal. I recommend getting it if simming's your thing. If your GPU is not up to par, so what, fly with lower res until you get a better one.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Yeah I might have to bite. Was planning on building a new rig once the 4070/80 comes out anyway

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

skooma512 posted:

Any tips on trackir placement? I bought the grass monkey puck which is the equivalent of the trackir pro. It keeps shadowing it’s own sensors and causing choppy tracking and the camera jumping around

I have a Grass Monkey puck that I velcro to the right side of my headset. I have the TrackIR on top of my monitor offset a bit to the right, right in line with the puck when I'm sitting centered in front of the monitor, maybe tilted down a bit to face directly at the puck since the sensor sits a bit higher than my head. You are pressing F12 in the TrackIR software while facing straight forward to center it yeah?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Vahakyla posted:

THis is an insanely good deal. I recommend getting it if simming's your thing. If your GPU is not up to par, so what, fly with lower res until you get a better one.

confirming.

I ran a reverb G2 in iRacing and Into the Radius with a 1080 at half resolution and it was fine.

No idea how you'd go trying to run DCS like that though.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
I ran a reverb g1 on a 1080 (non-ti) for a bit on an Intel 4570k (or was it 4750k?) W/ 16GB ram. Res was reduced from default to something close to 2160x2160. It was fine for me.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
In case someone's missed the train:

Coming Saturday's campaign mission is in-lore 16th June 1990, and IRL time is 28 May 2022.
This campaign Let's Play thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3993395

This is the last organized Air Goons big scale campaign mission in our Sixth Arab-Israeli War universe. After this one, our summer break begins.

Sign the hell up to fly some helicopters. Lots of copilot slots open.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Grz7yEp70GOFfjch3zD1mp2TpDStdapDdqNVTAOu6c/edit#gid=0

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

my kinda ape posted:

:negative:

Lord Stimperor fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 23, 2022

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Re: Grassmonkey puck: did anyone figure out a way to mount the puck to a headset that does not involve velcro? I'd like to get a better headset but I don't want to permanently walk around with a velco strap on it.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

my kinda ape posted:

I have a Grass Monkey puck that I velcro to the right side of my headset. I have the TrackIR on top of my monitor offset a bit to the right, right in line with the puck when I'm sitting centered in front of the monitor, maybe tilted down a bit to face directly at the puck since the sensor sits a bit higher than my head. You are pressing F12 in the TrackIR software while facing straight forward to center it yeah?

I was doing just like this, but I've been reading around that people have put the sensor on their desk and tilted up. I'm trying it now, and I've had no self-shadowing so far.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I have had this game for only three weeks ans I have already spent $150 on it.

gently caress.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Sucker

Snapshot
Oct 22, 2004

damnit Matt get in the boat

dialhforhero posted:

I have had this game for only three weeks ans I have already spent $150 on it.

gently caress.

Next, hardware and stick upgrades.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Legit seeing the shortfalls of my T16000m setup wrt non prop sims.

A warthog at the very least is starting to look very attractive.

simble
May 11, 2004

If you’re serious I have a used warthog that I don’t use anymore that I’d be happy to sell. If you’re on the air goons discord pm me and maybe we can work something out.

Snapshot
Oct 22, 2004

damnit Matt get in the boat

dialhforhero posted:

Legit seeing the shortfalls of my T16000m setup wrt non prop sims.

A warthog at the very least is starting to look very attractive.

If you’re going new, look away from the warthog. It’s getting long in the tooth compared to newer options.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

What is the current favorite? Virpil?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Check out VKB as well. Their Gladiator NXT is an excellent value for "shitloads better than low-end stuff," and the higher end Gunfighter poo poo is excellent, though avoid the Modern Combat Grip unless you have giant hands.

CaptainEO
Sep 24, 2007

Found Something Great Here
I have a Gunfighter stick, Mongoos throttle, and VKB T-Rudder pedals. Super happy with all three. Massive upgrades from a T.16000M.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

CaptainEO posted:

I have a Gunfighter stick, Mongoos throttle, and VKB T-Rudder pedals. Super happy with all three. Massive upgrades from a T.16000M.

Same but crosswinds for rudder pedals.

Night and day from my old X52.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Gunfighter on the 200mm extension, Crosswind pedals, Warthog throttle. Crosswinds are smooth as hell.