Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Regarding Violet and FPR: my impression of her is that she is incredibly hyper specialized in vintage haute couture fashion, and she’s really, really excelled at that and only that. While I’ve personally come to love her since the weirdness that was Season 7, this also means that she has a fantastically specific idea of what is and isn’t good fashion which was never going to make her a popular host of FPR at best.

My impression of FPR under Raja and Raven was that it always had a broader, audience oriented perspective on fashion and looks, and was also the mainstream WOW source of whether something was good or bad fashion, so it’s more the tonal shift more than anything else that’s causing a ruckus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
So is there a reason The Vivienne didn’t get a single second of camera during the workroom? That was so weird.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

dpkg chopra posted:

So is there a reason The Vivienne didn’t get a single second of camera during the workroom? That was so weird.

She did right at the start where she said she was going to do the same silhouette she always does, admitting it wasn't very daring, but she knew she could do it well. She wasn't part of the alliance talk, and I assume her look came together without issue.

I also wonder if there is some element of the crew having all worked with all of the queens before, except for Vivienne who would have had a BBC crew handling DRUK. So they just gravitate to those who they know.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
If I hadn't just binged watched Heartstopper, I'd say the queens being surprised by Vanna White on the runway was the most wholesome gay thing I've seen this week

Edit: Very happy with Jaida winning like she should've in her S12 ball. Raja was robbed. Yeah her second look was weak, but that constructed look more than made up for it.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 28, 2022

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I love the strategy being brought to this season by Monet and Trinity. Cast those bitches on Big Brother or Survivor! Rule number 1: ALWAYS say yes to an alliance. You can bounce checks later. Jinkx and Shea fell into that trap.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Relive the reactions!

https://twitter.com/RuPaulsDragRace/status/1530247471451934720

:allears:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Shea's smart though. She's right that Monet is creating a safety net.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Shneak posted:

I love the strategy being brought to this season by Monet and Trinity. Cast those bitches on Big Brother or Survivor! Rule number 1: ALWAYS say yes to an alliance. You can bounce checks later. Jinkx and Shea fell into that trap.

I dunno, their strategy of keeping their alliance "secret" sort of blew up in their face as they tried too aggressively to recruit Jinkx, Shea and Jaida. That's nearly the entire cast by this point. I am curious to see if it goes anywhere but I do admit it is hilarious. I also love Shea pretending that there's a secret to the plunger.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Vanna White being there was amazing! It gave me good memories of my mother and me watching Wheel of Fortune together - she'd shout out the answer with only a few letters. - I don't think I ever smiled this much in a long time about anything.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

https://twitter.com/MJ27001/status/1530460190885175296

Perfection.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Definitely would have chosen Raja over Trinity

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Bob with the funniest mental image from the latest Pit Stop

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4lxRmgItLk

Jinkx discussing their strategy for this challenge.

Love Shea immediately kneecapping the alliance talk. Her third eye opened up SO wide and she saw through time to hear Monet's confessional.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Dragula Live was in Brooklyn this weekend and it was such a great show. Dahli's performance was electric. I caught some of his crotch candy that he threw out, lol. The Boulets themselves did a final floorshow mix that was honestly one of my favorites of the night. They are incredible performers.

I also did a drag demon look myself for the show, and it was so much fun. I looked and felt like a badass monster and people wanted to take pictures with me, it was great. I really get why queens say it's transformative. I felt like I could do anything.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Also all of them thinking the she still turns the letters around. Hunney she hasn't turned letters in years - she just touches a screen now.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Omg we just started all stars and Raja said "tildren" in her intro and I am 99% sure that came from the @NotTildaSwinton twitter.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

This episode, god drat.

The fact everyone nailed the improv is amazing and I could not imagine how hard it was to pick the Top Two. I’m happy for Viv tho.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Delightful episode as always :allears: Jersey Justice was one of my favorite challenge concepts and I'm glad to see it revisited with a really strong batch of queens.

The put crew guy dropping his book wasn't scripted, was it? But Jinkx was so quick to work that into the scene, drat.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jun 3, 2022

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm happy jbc got to come back and just have fun being a guest judge.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

HOW WAS YVIE ABLE TO WALK IN THOSE SHOES WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I still maintain that this should be the format for All Stars going forward. I think many of you have noted my gradually waning enthusiasm for the show. This new format really reinvigorated my love for it.

Also, is anyone watching Untucked? I keep forgetting its a thing since it's categorized on Paramount Plus as an entirely different show you have to look up.

I'm about to put on Fire Island.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

still enjoying the opulence and seeing champion tier queens just having fun showcasing excellence but this format really drags during critique because it’s an eternity of the judges heaping adulation on each queen.

I also think raja and yvie are getting overlooked, but since they’ve only given out 75% of the possible stars it’s anyone’s game yet.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3SSLqgXnZg

honestly, an earwormy bop. i wish rosé put some vertical volume on that piece though. :(

edit: finally watching the episode and i will never recover from RuElf

Nihonniboku posted:

I still maintain that this should be the format for All Stars going forward. I think many of you have noted my gradually waning enthusiasm for the show. This new format really reinvigorated my love for it.
Also, is anyone watching Untucked? I keep forgetting its a thing since it's categorized on Paramount Plus as an entirely different show you have to look up.

I don't know you from Adamette, but yeah I felt very similarly. I rekindled a flame for UK vs. the World and then wept with Pangina. This season is just too fun, though.

And I had forgotten this All Stars was actually getting Untucked until I dipped into Race Chaser while doing errands. I need to go back and enjoy that nonsense tonight, I think.

I don't know why Raja snorting at 'Hansel and Grettl both' tickles me so, but it really does

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jun 4, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Fun episode, Jinkx is a comedic force of nature

Agreed with the top 2, but it was pretty close for me between Viv and Yvie. I think Viv had the more polished runway to break the tie. I really wanted to see Yvie lip sync, but Viv gave an awesome performance to a rather generic dance number.

I also agree with the block choice. Now that most of the cast has stars, it's not as simple as picking the last blocker. Excited to see the competition getting a bit more heated as queens start getting dollar signs in their eyes.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

MizuZero posted:

still enjoying the opulence and seeing champion tier queens just having fun showcasing excellence but this format really drags during critique because it’s an eternity of the judges heaping adulation on each queen.

I'd prefer if they did at least some light critique, like when a queen's runway could've used more polish. It does get a little predictable when you know it's all gonna be positives.

That said, it's not the worst thing. The worst thing this season is definitely Ru's Jackson family nose makeup

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Honestly, I love the block choice this episode just because seeing Monet be so loving pressed about getting blocked gave me so much life. I love seeing how into the game Monet is and her trying to be like “I’m Miss Congeniality, don’t block me” took me the gently caress out. I just want to see Monet get blocked more and strategise because it’s hilarious and amazing tv.

I loving love this season. Please keep this format. I don’t want to go back to the UK vs the World format. Could you imagine how amazing UK vs the World would’ve been with this format?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Raja deserved a top spot but Jinkx was on fire in there. She even worked in a joke with Ru when her ear fell off.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

"drop-your-book shocking" is the new "brown cow stunning"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

That was A+ improv from all

My love for Jinkx continues

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Loved Ru's thousand year old elf look.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

MizuZero posted:

I'm at the point now where I'm skipping the deliberation at a minimum on all shows unless it's impossible to fast-forward through it. It's fun and all, but I'd rather save those 5-10 minutes and get to the good stuff at the end.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I can’t believe RuPaul is the villain of Dragon Age 4.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jinkx once again gave a masterclass in improv. Holy poo poo. She’s without a doubt living up to her legend status.

And Ru as a elf is insane lol I busted a guy when I saw that :lol:

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

I busted a guy when I saw that :lol:

:heysexy: happy pride!

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm at the point now where I'm skipping the deliberation at a minimum on all shows unless it's impossible to fast-forward through it. It's fun and all, but I'd rather save those 5-10 minutes and get to the good stuff at the end.

It's good for bathroom break/get a drink.

Otherwise yeah, just completely glued to the show it's soooo good. Literally legendary.

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
I think this is the happiest I've ever been while watching a season of drag race. Everyone is so talented and amazing and my adoration for Jinkx and Raja grows every episode.

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?
I’m maybe a bit biased because one of my best friends was on the production team, but Trixie Motel is exactly what I was hoping for out of a show about a drag Queen renovating a Palm Springs motel.
It’s on Discovery + which is $4.99/month in Canada

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

KasioDiscoRock posted:

I’m maybe a bit biased because one of my best friends was on the production team, but Trixie Motel is exactly what I was hoping for out of a show about a drag Queen renovating a Palm Springs motel.
It’s on Discovery + which is $4.99/month in Canada

When does Discovery+ merge with HBO

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Jaida sharing her tajin energy secret is one of the low-key funniest things that has happened this season. That reminds me, I haven't any in forever and need to buy some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Jaida sharing her tajin energy secret is one of the low-key funniest things that has happened this season. That reminds me, I haven't any in forever and need to buy some.

she's been fantastic all season. her assertive flirting in Untucked is hilariously cute