Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezer
Jul 9, 2001

As a Certified Composter (https://composting.org/) my favorite home composting system is the FCMP HotFrog rolling composter:
https://fcmponline.com/products/hotfrog-rolling-composter

Tumbling for aeration, which is easier than hand mixing. Not locked onto a stand, so fewer 'breakable' components (the stands on rotating composters are what break first). I have two, i just kick them around my yard, I don't use the provided stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Why do you smell so good 💸💸💸

Also a couple of their ''85 Diesel auto air fresheners and a candle of the same.

And this absurd frame that used to have a religious icon in it and now has a Bill Murray. I'm not sure the Latin there is correct tho.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I'd be down for a mushroom thread. Right after I posted those fruiting blocks the fancy food place 100 yards from my office emailed me that they have fresh morels and chanterelles so I grabbed a half pound of each. It sounds expensive at $25/Lb for morels and $36/Lb for chanterelles except I regularly buy hen of the woods/maitake at Central Market and those are $40/Lb. Had sauteed chanterelles on homemade toast for breakfast and it was pretty fancy.

Edit: lol, attachments can't be bigger than 1280x1024...nor can they be portrait while within those dimensions.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got tickets to see John Mulaney later this year but I heard he has Dave Chappelle as an opener, doing his transphobic poo poo again.

Thinking I should get a refund.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Why was Mulaney doing his transphobic poo poo again?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Chapelle was. Mulaney then thanked him and hugged him.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah he brought Chapelle out as a surprise opener and basically showed the crowd (which apparently had a bunch of trans people in) that he supports this guy and likes his material after he'd done 10 minutes of anti-trans poo poo.

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

You can only think of Halloween until you die.

Inzombiac posted:

I got tickets to see John Mulaney later this year but I heard he has Dave Chappelle as an opener, doing his transphobic poo poo again.

Thinking I should get a refund.

Chappelle only opened because it was in his hometown I believe. That said, I'd probably still be looking for a refund.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Don't support people who support bigots.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I bought plat lol. It’s been like 17 years.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Jerry cans, but wait, they're different somehow. Made in the USSR? And they're strangely light... They're made from aluminum!

Aluminum is actually way better than steel to store small amounts of fuel in. In a steel can you need paint, or it will rust on the inside, and also the fuel reacts with the steel to form organometallic compounds, basically your fuel goes bad quicker. Aluminum has none of those issues, doesn't need any inside coating that could break. They are not as durable to bumps and such however.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m in London for work and found out Bloc Party is playing at Alexandra Palace tonight so I got tickets to that.

Edit: grammmmmar

Rolo has a new favorite as of 16:30 on May 28, 2022

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

gently caress I'm jealous of that.

I got a new main pair of in-ears.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
I really miss my IEMs and I really wish I could justify buying a new pair but when I'm home I prefer headphones and I don't have anything portable that has a 3.5mm/.25" jack anymore.

I hear the Kato are freakin' amazing.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

njsykora posted:

gently caress I'm jealous of that.

I usually google “who’s playing tonight” when I travel but this is the first time in awhile I fumbled with my wallet to get a ticket. I’m half excited just to see the venue.

Google says built in 1875.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Wow that is a really cool space.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Really out to touch up the plaster though

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

CordlessPen posted:

I really miss my IEMs and I really wish I could justify buying a new pair but when I'm home I prefer headphones and I don't have anything portable that has a 3.5mm/.25" jack anymore.

I hear the Kato are freakin' amazing.

I got one of these https://www.fiio.com/btr52021 so that I could use my IEMs over bluetooth and it works well, but it's decently expensive so probably not worth it unless you already have a really good pair.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Fiio also do a cheaper one called the BTR3, and they used to do a proper budget one called the uBTR but that's hard to find now. Or you can just submit yourself to the dongle life.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I'm very much a fan of this form factor to turn headphones into bluetooth ones. Clip onto your clothes somewhere; buttons you can use with gloves on, keep your phone in your pocket. Haven't tried this one and the one I've been using for years isn't made anymore, but it was also sub $20 with no complaints about the sound. Really good concept, prefer it over actual bluetooth earphones.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Flipperwaldt posted:

I'm very much a fan of this form factor to turn headphones into bluetooth ones. Clip onto your clothes somewhere; buttons you can use with gloves on, keep your phone in your pocket. Haven't tried this one and the one I've been using for years isn't made anymore, but it was also sub $20 with no complaints about the sound. Really good concept, prefer it over actual bluetooth earphones.

Oh that's really nice. Definitely cheaper than what I posted by a huge amount, which is super overkill for most IEMs, but I actually use the balanced out on it.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

His Divine Shadow posted:

Jerry cans, but wait, they're different somehow. Made in the USSR? And they're strangely light... They're made from aluminum!

Aluminum is actually way better than steel to store small amounts of fuel in. In a steel can you need paint, or it will rust on the inside, and also the fuel reacts with the steel to form organometallic compounds, basically your fuel goes bad quicker. Aluminum has none of those issues, doesn't need any inside coating that could break. They are not as durable to bumps and such however.

It doesn't need a coating because it makes its own! BareAluminum very quickly reacts with the atmosphere to form aluminum oxide which is pretty resistant to a lot of stuff because it's already reacted.

Related bit, rocket fuel tanks were largely aluminum for this reason, they didn't need coating to. Well, in the early days, they were trying a ton of different things for fuel. One of the candidates used fluorine, which has a lot of good properties as a fuel, but some are reeeeeeeally fuckin bad for handling/exposure. Fluorine won't eat through aluminum oxide, but it will eat through raw aluminum. So a small scratch turns into a leak really fast. Which then turns hazardous because of the formation of hydrofluoric acid. :science:

For stuff I've bought, even more motorcycle parts..........and carbon fiber fabric and epoxy because I've decided to make some non structural parts for it. Forgot exactly what I've already posted for parts and :effort:, but I don't think I've post about changing out the lights for LEDs, adding fog lights, swappin the handlebars for ape hangers (not insanely large, just a bit longer than stock), new clutch cable cause need the bit longer for the bars, usb charger that I'm puttin in the console, and some replacement buttons that's also goin in the console. Eventually I'm plannin on making carbon fenders :shepface:.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

His Divine Shadow posted:

They are not as durable to bumps and such however.

It's a good thing that the USSR had plenty of famously smooth roads.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Part of the reason you aren’t allowed to bring thermometers on airplanes is because older versions of thermometers contained mercury. When mercury comes into contact with aluminum oxide, it continually eats through the oxidized layer and thereby significantly weakens its structure. Much of a planes structural components are made out of aluminum oxide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrdYueB9pY4

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

OniPanda posted:

It doesn't need a coating because it makes its own! BareAluminum very quickly reacts with the atmosphere to form aluminum oxide which is pretty resistant to a lot of stuff because it's already reacted.

Related bit, rocket fuel tanks were largely aluminum for this reason, they didn't need coating to. Well, in the early days, they were trying a ton of different things for fuel. One of the candidates used fluorine, which has a lot of good properties as a fuel, but some are reeeeeeeally fuckin bad for handling/exposure. Fluorine won't eat through aluminum oxide, but it will eat through raw aluminum. So a small scratch turns into a leak really fast. Which then turns hazardous because of the formation of hydrofluoric acid. :science:

For stuff I've bought, even more motorcycle parts..........and carbon fiber fabric and epoxy because I've decided to make some non structural parts for it. Forgot exactly what I've already posted for parts and :effort:, but I don't think I've post about changing out the lights for LEDs, adding fog lights, swappin the handlebars for ape hangers (not insanely large, just a bit longer than stock), new clutch cable cause need the bit longer for the bars, usb charger that I'm puttin in the console, and some replacement buttons that's also goin in the console. Eventually I'm plannin on making carbon fenders :shepface:.

Pre-purchase of this I was lead down a road of jerry can history and looking into different materials and coatings. Also the cheap chinese knockoffs don't often have a painted inside so they're bad from the start. You can tell the chinese knockoffs from the weld seams too, they are not recessed but stick out. And there are no UN marks on them to show they meet standards.

Modern jerry cans are made in germany and poland and switzerland in europe from what I can tell and they aren't that expensive. I also started wondering why they powdercoat the outsides, but use resin paint on the insides. I thought powdercoating was basically immune to fuels, and it's not rigid but flexible so it shouldn't flake off. Must be some reason but most places I've asked at are full of boomers who rave about the ethanol.

I also read that old steel gas tanks where tinned, tin is another very good material for resisting fuel. But I guess it cost too much to apply, and if the tin liner is damaged you get galvanic corrosion of the steel.

It would be an interesting project to buy vintage cans and refinish them, but then again I don't need all those cans.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
A “water pipe” adapter for my Pax, now I just need the bong to attach this to :420:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I feel like a gatorade bottle is cheaper and your neighbours hose is free

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Megabound posted:

I feel like a gatorade bottle is cheaper and your neighbours hose is free

I know most people going through their doobie phase are like 16, but I’m an adult. I’m goddamn classy. I’m gonna get a classy rear end turbo bong with blown glass frogs or some bullshit

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I googled turbo bong

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Bought a couple pairs of super lightweight Patagonia joggers/pants from REI and wish I had done it years ago. Sun and bugs are no longer a going concern and it keeps me pleasantly cool.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
New mattress:

Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
A old, but updated house:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

rarbatrol posted:

A old, but updated house:

Beautiful house!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
What's up, house buying goon. We just bought this south of Portland.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Both of those houses look absolutely delightful. I wish you both a minimum of PO fuckery.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Whoo boy I already found a couple things that have me scratching my head given the obvious skill and competence put into other things like cabinetry, floors, etc.
Oh well. Of all the houses I've lived in, this one needs by far the least amount of work on anything.

Edited to add: thanks

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

Struck it lucky and got one of the last locally available MY22 foresters before a 6 month wait and price increase for the MY23.

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING

Tezer posted:

As a Certified Composter (https://composting.org/) my favorite home composting system is the FCMP HotFrog rolling composter:
https://fcmponline.com/products/hotfrog-rolling-composter

Tumbling for aeration, which is easier than hand mixing. Not locked onto a stand, so fewer 'breakable' components (the stands on rotating composters are what break first). I have two, i just kick them around my yard, I don't use the provided stand.

I stared a composting thread here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3958208&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

$8 to see Chvrches tomorrow general admission small venue? Sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
We got a new car too! '22 Accord Hybrid Touring. It's super nice.