Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe I should go back to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

immediately revoking the props because they spoiled it in the op for the episode though

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Compendium posted:

My name is SA user Compendium, I just wanted to post in this thread to say SpyxFamily anime is good

It's true.

It's good.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

dogsicle posted:

it took 9 episodes but minor props to EstabLife for following through and bringing the yakuza boss back post-magical girl transition

Good episode. Bonus points for the magical girl being voiced by Kugimiya Rie.

bondster
May 6, 2007

GODS BLESSING

https://twitter.com/crunchyroll/status/1530548031761825792?s=21&t=ujeqOO72G1EubrRX4Z4srg

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ok but they look weird now

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the char designer is still the same maybe someone else drew that key art

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Looks like the Megumin spinoff is also getting an anime?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

konosuba hell yeah!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Konosuba!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1530360748156895233?s=19

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
gently caress yeah!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Healer Girl is a genuinely great series that more people should watch

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah i've been enjoying it. some cool stuff going on with the production too, 5 solo key-animated episodes so far.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yep

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/05/28-1/konosuba-an-explosion-on-this-wonderful-world-spin-off-novels-get-tv-anime-adaptation

Official confirmation

quote:

Based on the light novels by Natsume Akatsuki and Masahito Watari, KONOSUBA: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! is being directed by Yujiro Abe (Kaguya-sama: Love is War episode director) at studio Drive (VLAD LOVE) under the supervision of main series director Takaomi Kanasaki, with the return of Makoto Uezu as series composer and Koichi Kikuta as character designer as well.

quote:

My name is...

One year before a certain useless goddess and NEET extraordinaire hit the scene, Megumin, the "Greatest Genius of the Crimson Magic Clan," is hard at work. Ever since a life-changing encounter in her youth, the young wizard has dedicated her every waking moment to the pursuit of the ultimate offensive magic, Explosion! (Well...every moment not spent hustling food from her self-proclaimed rival.) And while the big sister's away, the little one will play. On a routine trip into the woods, Megumin's little sister, Komekko, finds a strange black kitten. Little does she know that this cat plays a key role in unsealing a Dark God's tomb...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1531009450655424512

Star Wars Visions volume 2 set for next spring. Apparently this time, there'll be studios featured from all over the world and not limited to Japan.

E: Yeah, here's the countries

https://twitter.com/catsuka/status/1531034539782459398

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Healer Girl is a genuinely great series that more people should watch

it's my second favorite show this season after kaguya. fun characters, good animation, and honest to god musical numbers. it's a treat

marumaru
May 20, 2013

really couldnt bring myself to finish visions. watched the b&w kurosawa inspired one and it was cool but even the trigger one just kinda sucked

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well that's just because trigger sucks

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Trigger has its problems but they sometimes put out good work.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

Trigger has its problems but they sometimes put out good work.

:yeah:

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

the imaishi one was decent, science saru's two were good, and lop and ocho was the best one and i'd watch a full series of it. the other trigger one was so bland and generic i didn't even realize it was them until the credits

i hope going worldwide means they can get better quality and some nice diversity of styles, but i'm not holding my breath

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Star Wars Visions is my favorite thing to come out of Star Wars in years, y'all trippin

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that's not a very high bar

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fair

I do agree that going worldwide is a great move.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

they should get the people who do the stop motion shorts for the channel animist to do a short with star wars figures

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I was fond of both The Ninth Jedi and Lop and Ocho.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Get the Hellshake Yano guys to do a Star Wars short.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That would make lovely Star Wars fans even madder than the umbrella saber in The Duel, so I welcome it

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
People were angry about the umbrella saber? That was one of the coolest parts of The Duel!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's a subset of Star Wars nerds who need everything to be serious all the time, no dumb lightsabers

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
They're fools! Also, it's not like Visions is canon. It's delightfully free of canon.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Fair

I do agree that going worldwide is a great move.

I'm not sure.

It could mean extending the pool to have an even wider variety of styles... or it could mean going wide to guarantee finding people in the "approved" style window.

Basically, if it means more good episodes, it's good, but if it means more bad episodes, it's bad. Thank you for coming to my TED talk, and if it turns out this was a Wendy's, I would like a 4 for 4.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i dont care of star war

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm just so tired of these star wars.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm just so tired of these star wars.

That's my favorite line from Star Wars, narrowly beating out "It's like some kind of Phantom Menace!" and "Somehow, Palpatine has returned"

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Jedi are the worst part of Star Wars.

Visions was still overall good despite that handicap.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waffleman_ posted:

no dumb lightsabers
(almost) always has been

my favorite part is the extremely irrelevant 90's shoulder spikes that probably do more to get caught on doorways and clothing than anything useful

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

chiasaur11 posted:

That's my favorite line from Star Wars, narrowly beating out "It's like some kind of Phantom Menace!" and "Somehow, Palpatine has returned"
It's actually "Somehoe, Palpatine hosed"