Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
If anyone is interested here’s a crowdsourced live-update of conference championship scores

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12jxbnIMbA3wbAG5p2bNf9RnONyqCTWDFtcsYCKAauTY/htmlview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

UF somehow managed not to gently caress that up in bottom 10. Phew.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't think theres a legitimate way that the SEC finishes this tournament double elimination. They'll have to go to single elimination or find another field or probably both

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
ok fine correct thread whatever

elentar posted:

Tommy White hit his 24th homer and there’s a case to be made he’s had the best offensive season ever by a freshman. Fun player.

Anyway State has to beat Miami tonight to advance. Feeling another final series loss coming on.

edit: 25th

edit: 26th. ties him for the freshman record. oh and takes the NC State single-season record.

all three of them were to the opposite field too

just check out this joy: https://twitter.com/BallySportsSO/status/1529631507198902272?s=20&t=KwsR1UkxByUXSiW7AT3K2g

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

ok fine correct thread whatever

I only said what I said because I've done it like 50 times

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
been a good year for Tennessee posting

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
And just like that Florida/A&M is delayed again, which means UT/Vandy, Kentucky/LSU, Arky/loser of UF/A&M are also delayed.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas played their way from fringe super regional host to going on the road for a regional in the span of like two and a half weeks, it’s really impressive if you think about it

At least softball is doing well lol

Can’t even watch sec tournament because of weather, lame

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

Arkansas played their way from fringe super regional host to going on the road for a regional in the span of like two and a half weeks, it’s really impressive if you think about it

At least softball is doing well lol

Can’t even watch sec tournament because of weather, lame

It's just so dumb that it's a double elimination on one field. Yeah weather is an issue but one field is annoying

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Joey Freshwater posted:

It's just so dumb that it's a double elimination on one field. Yeah weather is an issue but one field is annoying

Yeah, that's true too. Just crazy that I think this has only ever been impacted by weather severely once in like 30 years ago. Hopefully this forces a rethink for next year.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also Hoover sucks :v:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://twitter.com/mattjonesadg/status/1529917491840962578?s=21&t=CwVcvV-jFlX7nnEy3pNx8Q

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Well UF just got assassinated by the coward Aggies

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hate the Vandy whistler so much

Like what do you think talking to that guy is like to talk to. Do you think he immediately brings up that he’s the Vandy whistler? And then the awkwardness of having to listen to him explain it when they don’t know what that is?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Being a bit troll-ish at baseball games is fun within reason but only if you put effort in and vary your material. Whistling is just annoying.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

jesus Virginia Tech hits the gently caress out of the ball

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Texas Tech just really can't figure out OU. 1-4 against them this season.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

D1 baseball's top 16 projections as of this morning

(1) Tennessee vs (16) Georgia Southern
(2) Virginia Tech vs (15) LSU
(3) Stanford vs (14) Auburn
(4) Oregon St vs (13) TCU
(5) Maryland vs (12) East Carolina
(6) Texas A&M vs (11) Texas
(7) Miami vs (10) Louisville
(8) Southern Miss vs (9) Notre Dame

Embarrassing end of the season for Arkansas. Went 5-8 in May, and if you rock back to the A&M series loss its 8-11 to close the season after starting 30-7. Lost the last four we played, three of those to Alabama. SEC series went 6-4. Just rough stuff. Went from a top 5 team to on the road. Just no nice way to talk about the utter collapse. Stumbled across the line to be #3 in the SEC but 0-2 in Hoover. Frustrating frustrating frustrating.

I dont think there are any conference tournaments wrapping up today so tomorrow and Sunday will be full of teams punching their ticket. Current bubble per D1 is a last four in of Alabama, Ole Miss, Old Dominion, and UTSA, with First Four Out of Clemson, San Diego, Pennsylvania, and Pittsburgh, so nervy couple of days for those teams.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://twitter.com/secnetwork/status/1530336630044860417?s=21&t=pEQ2T60sn77tm999r1iZvg

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Ah poo poo the ACC bracket totally fell apart but UNC is still in which means they’re probably a cinch to win it. Notre Dame would be a pretty irritating champion too.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
UT/LSU not gonna start until like 11pm at this pace

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
A&M finishes off Bama, that was kinda a barn burner

e: can't believe these dumb assholes want to start a game at 10 PM lmao

iT jUsT mEaNs MoRe

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 28, 2022

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/MVCsports/status/1530383064949571591

Evansville beat perennial favorite Dallas Baptist 21-2 tonight in the Valley tourney :popeye:

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

College sports is loving cool

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Also sorry for the softball post but if any of y'all enjoy snuff films just tune in to an OU softball game, we're up to 35 run rule wins this season.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

27 homers on the year for Tommy White, freshman NCAA record is all his.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
We should try to win and all and its our fault we're down but it strikes me as silly that Florida is likely to go to the title game instead of us because we split wins but we had the misfortune of winning first

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

well tomorrow State either wins its first ACC title in 30 years or loses in the final, yet again, to UNC, yet again

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
Amazing score in this Oregon St/UCLA game

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

fast cars loose anus posted:

We should try to win and all and its our fault we're down but it strikes me as silly that Florida is likely to go to the title game instead of us because we split wins but we had the misfortune of winning first

It’s a silly tournament format. It’s happened to us before.

I’m as surprised at this game as anyone. UF has not looked all that good until tonight.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

SAY YOHO posted:

Amazing score in this Oregon St/UCLA game

UCLA just scored 9 runs in the 9th to send it into extras at 21 apiece

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

It’s a silly tournament format. It’s happened to us before.

I’m as surprised at this game as anyone. UF has not looked all that good until tonight.

I swear every tournament I've seen that had a double elim like this ended either with the championship wiping the slate and being a one-off or a 3 game series, or you had to win twice if you were the guys who came in with one loss against a no-loss team, but never changing to one game at the semifinal stage

Good luck though Florida, might as well annoy Tennessee

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

in the meantime Campbell won the Big South tournament by bringing in their ace to pitch the day after he threw 103 pitches so that's a thing coaches are still allowed to do for some reason

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

elentar posted:

UCLA just scored 9 runs in the 9th to send it into extras at 21 apiece

https://twitter.com/UCLABaseball/status/1530726697531715584

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I swear every tournament I've seen that had a double elim like this ended either with the championship wiping the slate and being a one-off or a 3 game series, or you had to win twice if you were the guys who came in with one loss against a no-loss team, but never changing to one game at the semifinal stage

Good luck though Florida, might as well annoy Tennessee

I dunno how long the SEC tournament has used this format but it’s been at least 3 or 4 years. I think it’s weird and dumb to move from single to double to single again but I don’t make the rules. It’s punished UF before and I’m ok with it benefiting us this year.

TAMU is the better team and will prob make more postseason noise. I’m sure UT will crush us but I’m glad we get the chance! It’s been a disappointing year but this team fights and has shown a lot of bright spots.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah I'm not mad specifically at Florida or whatever. I havent been able to follow baseball as much as I want the last few years as I was getting my life together so I hadnt ever paid enough attention to note the format

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Yeah I'm not mad specifically at Florida or whatever. I havent been able to follow baseball as much as I want the last few years as I was getting my life together so I hadnt ever paid enough attention to note the format

It’s all good. I had the same reaction when I noticed. It doesn’t make much sense.

Good luck the rest of the way!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
lol in the Kentucky/Tennessee game the Tennessee pitcher threw seven straight pickoffs toward first. On the first pitch after that the Kentucky runner stole second standing up.

The next pitch was a strikeout to end the inning but lmao don't clue your delivery so much

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

oh and also UCLA winning the game triggered a rematch where they had to start playing each other again 45 minutes later

they're in the 4th or 5th now, hard to tell exactly because the conference's own scoreboard hasn't caught up

the winner still has to come back tomorrow to play Stanford for the actual title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Kentucky just giving this fucker away