Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Medullah posted:

I always like this video when people complain about CGI. It was legitimately eye opening for me.

Some of the CGI in Zodiac is insane as in I never would have imagine it to be CGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW2xhBSfFps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Perry Normal posted:

Maybe he's too old now but ten years ago I really liked the idea of Joel McHale for Booster Gold.

They should have him do it now and just explain that he's been doing it for working for years in the background to guard the timeline as his whole Greatest Hero You've Never Heard Of schtick.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was thinking of actors who I want to see in the MCU and top of that list is Rachael Weiss, but I can't think of a good character for her. Morgan La Fay?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I was thinking of actors who I want to see in the MCU and top of that list is Rachael Weiss, but I can't think of a good character for her. Morgan La Fay?

Cmon man was Black Widow that forgettable?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

AngryBooch posted:

Holy crap, i had completely forgotten. I think i need to draw a clock to make sure I don't have some kind of brain thing.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

But hey, as long as we're spitballing, I want the cast of Riverdale to just be the X-Men. Just take all them sexy wacky 20somethings and give them roles. Lemme get a Cole Sprouse Cyclops, a Madeleine Petsch Jean, a KJ Apa Wolverine, Lili Reinhart Rogue, Casey Cott Gambit. It just works.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

AngryBooch posted:

Yes it really was.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

theironjef posted:

But hey, as long as we're spitballing, I want the cast of Riverdale to just be the X-Men. Just take all them sexy wacky 20somethings and give them roles. Lemme get a Cole Sprouse Cyclops, a Madeleine Petsch Jean, a KJ Apa Wolverine, Lili Reinhart Rogue, Casey Cott Gambit. It just works.

Who gets to play uhh..

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 27, 2022

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

theironjef posted:

Transplanting that entire show into the MCU, saying they’re mutants, and changing nothing else would make more sense than Riverdale

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

theironjef posted:

Maddy P playing Jean? That's just asking for trouble.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

AngryBooch posted:

:laffo:

I also have to remind myself Black Widow exists from time to time. I wonder if it would've been more memorable to me if it hadn't been released during the mental swamp that was the COVID lockdown.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
on the plus side if a group of turbo nerds can't remember bw that means there's a good chance you could get away with using Rachel in another movie. there's already precedent with gemma chan being in captain marvel and eternals

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Gemma Chan rule means that Rachel Weisz can be in another MCU movie as long as she's in extensive makeup.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Have her play Moira and do a play on House of X to introduce mutants to the MCU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Yes it really was.

JordanKai posted:

:laffo:

I also have to remind myself Black Widow exists from time to time. I wonder if it would've been more memorable to me if it hadn't been released during the mental swamp that was the COVID lockdown.

I mean, fair enough.

Any excuse for more Weisz.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

As long as that leads to fun Taskmaster

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Who gets to play Forget-Me-Not

Great question, and the answer is that uhhh.... Mark Consuelos should be Mr. Sinister.

Opopanax posted:

As long as that leads to fun Taskmaster

I am genuinely hopeful that there's still a path to that. They didn't kill the character, she's free from her dad's mind control, she was a name actor and not just a stuntwoman in a suit, and hopefully she's going to go help train Xialing's 10 Rings force. With any luck she'll become the sarcastic quippy counterpart to the fairly calculating Xialing.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 27, 2022

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jason Mantzoukas for Booster Gold

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

How vulgar can you make Booster Gold?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

How vulgar can you make Booster Gold?

Just have him use a bunch of fake future slang/curses. It's schway.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
We're getting a Morbius sequel and he absolutely is going to say "It's Morbin time!" in it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Morbius is being streamed non-stop on Twitch which is hilarious. More people have probably watched it there than paid for it.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Sony is basically looking to capitalize on the ironic Morbius fandom and expecting that energy to not only carry on for another 2 years when the movie will be released, but also translate into profits at that time.

And let's not forget the four other "Spider-Man Universe but not really" projects they're working on.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean it’s basically what they did with Venom. Maybe the fandom for that wasn’t “ironic” but Venom 2 was definitely “let’s crank out something that caters to the memes”. New Spiderverse business strategy. Don’t draft off the MCU, draft off the internet.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

STAC Goat posted:

I mean it’s basically what they did with Venom. Maybe the fandom for that wasn’t “ironic” but Venom 2 was definitely “let’s crank out something that caters to the memes”.

I find it so amusing that they catered to the monster fuckers and vore enthusiasts of the internet, it is amazing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
In a post-Space Jam 2 world, we can no longer expect sequels to be made according to such outdated concepts like "logic" or "sales". It's whatever gets the internet buzzing the most.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I really don't think we get a Morbius 2

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I saw an article screenshot but assumed it was fake. Is it not?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I can't find anything saying that a sequel has been confirmed. Considering how poorly it did I would be surprised if we get another. Venom was a big success so that's why it got a sequel.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Joe Fisto posted:

I saw an article screenshot but assumed it was fake. Is it not?

No, it was fake. Twitter went all crazy for a while over a photoshop of a CNN story, but as Twitter often does, it was a big freak out over nothing.

For now...

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 29, 2022

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I hope a sequel comes out and they just name it Morebius.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
It made 160 million worldwide on a 80 million budget so maybe a sequel ?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
We're getting at least 3 sequels so they can do 4bius

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

lomzus posted:

Only double your budget is a loss for a major studio movie.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mo2bius

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
More-bius

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
MorbIIus

Morbiu2

Morbidos

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

lomzus posted:

What!? How!? Why!?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

What!? How!? Why!?

You have to understand that is not a success by any means

in comparison, its box office competition Sonic 2 has made $377 million in that same timespan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I'd like Less-bius