Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I dunno why people keep saying this to others who aren't buying into Depp being an innocent party lol but I guess if the other side is saying there's some sort of shady disinfo campaign going on, you gotta insist it's them who haven't watched the trial.

oh my god shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 29, 2022

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

hahahaha

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

:five:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Long-Time Lurker posted:

This whole "Have you even watched the trial?" thing reminds me of when Jorp weirdos ask critics if they even read Jordan Peterson's books as if that made him sound better.

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just asking you: have you watched the trial? That's literally all I'm consuming, and the occasional lawyer armchair opinion about legal processes and repercussions. The whole trial is out there for you on several silver platters, you don't need to rely on second-hand gossip of propaganda to form your opinion

If it makes you feel any better, I'm a woman and a feminist. It's not like I believe that there's a silent epidemic of abused men out there, but sometimes women are abusers. I witnessed it first-hand in my family; my mom's sister attacked, bullied, and abused people her entire life, including her husband and my mom. Maybe I'm biased by my experiences, but I'm certainly not swayed by any pro-Depp media; I definitely don't like the guy, but I believe him a whole lot more

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just asking you: have you watched the trial? That's literally all I'm consuming, and the occasional lawyer armchair opinion about legal processes and repercussions. The whole trial is out there for you on several silver platters, you don't need to rely on second-hand gossip of propaganda to form your opinion

If it makes you feel any better, I'm a woman and a feminist. It's not like I believe that there's a silent epidemic of abused men out there, but sometimes women are abusers. I witnessed it first-hand in my family; my mom's sister attacked, bullied, and abused people her entire life, including her husband and my mom. Maybe I'm biased by my experiences, but I'm certainly not swayed by any pro-Depp media; I definitely don't like the guy, but I believe him a whole lot more

A good post. It's more uncommon to find a woman who is an abuser but I've had the misfortune of knowing a few (probably with undiagnosed mental problems) who would lie, steal, manipulate and if called on it, they would explode. Hearing the stuff Heard supposedly did reminded me of such behavior.

Also worth noting that if the anti-Depp people weren't all in their hidey-holes right now, they'd be calling you a misogynist.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Nobody said they were nor did they use it as an excuse for any behavior which was your original premise. what the gently caress is your problem? :psyduck:

I’m gonna guess you didn’t actually know patch either loving weirdo.

I’m going to explain this in very simple terms so maybe you can understand.

It’s possible to be a bad person and suffer from mental health problems.

Understood? Good, now calm the gently caress down, weirdo.

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Did you guys watch the clip where it looks like she does a bump of coke

Did not look that way at all. Looked more like sniffing menthol or something to help the tears come on.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:shrek:

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

flubber nuts posted:

credible sources are telling me the turd has fled to mexico.

There is only one solution: Depp must poop, Heard must poop, each and every one watching must poop. The only salvation is to embrace the simple lesson taught by children: everybody poops.

Somewhere there is a tiny dog who actually did the pooping giggling as loony humanity genocides one another to find the source of the poop. I salute you Comrade Barkovsky!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Powerful Katrinka posted:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm a woman and a feminist.

If you're such a feminist then why are you attacking another woman instead of directing your anger at the people who are actually trying to oppress you? The system says that straight white republican men are the only true humans on Earth and everyone else is to be enslaved or exterminated, so you should be focusing your anger on straight white republican men.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Yaldabaoth posted:

If you're such a feminist then why are you attacking another woman instead of directing your anger at the people who are actually trying to oppress you? The system says that straight white republican men are the only true humans on Earth and everyone else is to be enslaved or exterminated, so you should be focusing your anger on straight white republican men.

I loving hate you and want you to shut the gently caress up, everywhere and forever. There will be no sincere engagement

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Lmao

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Sources close to the conflict have confirmed that a Pro-Depp junta has taken power in the capitol. Paramilitary groups loyal to beloved actor are already combing the Central American jungle in search of the ousted Heard.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Valko posted:

I’m going to explain this in very simple terms so maybe you can understand.

It’s possible to be a bad person and suffer from mental health problems.

Understood? Good, now calm the gently caress down, weirdo.

Oh right you’re that gross guy who talked about wanting to gently caress amber heard in the thread where you are now very concerned about abuse. Almost forgot.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Aquaman. Amber Heard's starring role

Aquaman, greatest movie of all time

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I'll always remember Amber Heard as Seth Rogan's 18yo girlfriend in Pineapple Express because that was definitely funny and not a creepy joke at all.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Just like I'll always remember Johnny Depp as wimpy, waify Willy Wonka

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Amber heard is a cutie

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Nuts and Gum posted:

Amber heard is a cutie

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Oh right you’re that gross guy who talked about wanting to gently caress amber heard in the thread where you are now very concerned about abuse. Almost forgot.

I never said anythong of the sort. I just said I dated a couple of women like her over a decade ago and had a bad experience.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Woof

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Aquanet

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Amber Heard is fired from Aquaman 2.

Johnny Depp is hired to play The Joker in a rebooted version of the DCCU for millions of dollars by WB and regains his celebrity status.

Amber Heard is then rehired to play Harley Quinn in the same reboot.

Everyone wins.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

JediTalentAgent posted:

Amber Heard is fired from Aquaman 2.

Johnny Depp is hired to play The Joker in a rebooted version of the DCCU for millions of dollars by WB and regains his celebrity status.

Amber Heard is then rehired to play Harley Quinn in the same reboot.

Everyone wins.

I don't think we win in that.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Loved that guy. He still have his job?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

She shat

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I’m so glad I made it through 18 pages of this thread to get to this - worth it.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

girls don't poop

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

It's clear the stakes are insanely high here, and a victory for Amber is a victory for not only all women everywhere in all timelines, but for democracy, and freedom. So the facts of the case are immaterial.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

:discourse:

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_a-CKrx4t0

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Astrochicken posted:

It's clear the stakes are insanely high here, and a victory for Amber is a victory for not only all women everywhere in all timelines, but for democracy, and freedom. So the facts of the case are immaterial.

If Johnny Depp wins, every incel in the world will pop a huge boner and use it to justify their hatred of women and the rightwing's plans to clamp down on women's rights.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Yaldabaoth posted:

If Johnny Depp wins, every incel in the world will pop a huge boner and use it to justify their hatred of women and the rightwing's plans to clamp down on women's rights.
Is your take literally to disregard all evidence and let Heard win because of this batshit insane imaginary catastrophizing you're doing right now or are you posting ironically?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Jelly posted:

Is your take literally to disregard all evidence and let Heard win because of this batshit insane imaginary catastrophizing you're doing right now or are you posting ironically?

Check their rapsheet. You'll find your answer.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Kirk Vikernes posted:

Check their rapsheet. You'll find your answer.
I can't believe this goon just made me have some respect for nom epique for banning him from his thread.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Sorry, four years of Trump topped off with an attempted insurrection have broken my brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
So can someone confirm which celeb I'm supposed to hate, I don't have the mental energy for this poo poo