Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

True, but only because you can’t pay off something you don’t have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"You will hardly ever afford your rent.

...hm, that's not a joke. That's just sad.

...HA-HA!"

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Who keeps inviting this duck to speak? Is he just busting in and berating everyone before being dragged away cursing and screaming?

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!

Brawnfire posted:

"You will hardly ever afford your rent.

...hm, that's not a joke. That's just sad.

...HA-HA!"

He doesn't say rent. He says mortgage. As though any of them will ever be able to get a house of their own with the student debt he wants us to pay.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

AveMachina posted:

Ha, ha, ha, cackle, cackle,

ftfy, you can't forget the unnecessary comma at the end, it's those little touches that makes Branco Branco

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Colander Crotch posted:

He doesn't say rent. He says mortgage. As though any of them will ever be able to get a house of their own with the student debt he wants us to pay.

Sorry I was following up on

oobey posted:

True, but only because you can’t pay off something you don’t have.

If you don't have a mortgage, you have to pay rent, and if you can't pay off a mortgage chances are rent's gonna be a bitch every month too, but lol nobody cares about that

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Why is Putin standing on an American M1 Abrams instead of an actual Russian tank?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ukrainian farmers stole them all. :utruck:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Bennett made an effort!

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Robert Ariail

Lisa Benson

Steve Benson

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Clay Jones

Marshall Ramsey

Dana Summers

Tony Branco

quote:

Objects May Appear Larger: The Mainstream media is overhyping Monkey Pox intentionally creating national panic.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"If the problem is mental illness, why do you always vote against funding treatment for it" almost felt like a good retort decades ago, but none of it matters, conservatives will never address their hypocrisy because it's not even born of sincere belief and nothing anyone says makes a loving difference anyway.
Get me off this hell world.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

TIAWAN GAFF? REALLY?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

"If the problem is mental illness, why do you always vote against funding treatment for it" almost felt like a good retort decades ago, but none of it matters, conservatives will never address their hypocrisy because it's not even born of sincere belief and nothing anyone says makes a loving difference anyway.
Get me off this hell world.

oh it's not hypocritical, their solution for mental illness is to execute the mentally ill

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I recall looking into it that mental illness was a well-known deflection talking point going back at least 9 years. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" was the even older slogan.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

So the people of the audience are pissed because they think the lady on stage has an unreasonable amount of power over them due to access to wealth, and they're totally right about that. They have tomatoes, she has a drone with the capacity to instantly incinerate them, that's something worth being concerned about.

People should be held accountable for their actions, but it's also wrong for these people to be upset about what the woman on stage said thus holding her accountable for her actions.

That's only four things, and there are clearly five stones on that glove.

What the gently caress? Why is the idea of men having sexual and/or romantic relationships with other men being treated like a punchline? I thought we had moved past this as a society decades ago! Ah poo poo, have I accidentally time traveled back to 90's?! I guess at least now I'll be able to get some Fruitopia and vintage Pokemon cards...

Daily reminder that Transphobia and Homophobia are different sides of the same coin and laws passed against trans people will inevitably be used to open the gates to stripping away the rights of gay people, rolling back progress as much as possible is the inevitable end goal of this line of thinking.

....there was a school shooting this week. I really don't think gender non-conformity is the biggest threat to the safety of our nations children.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 07:29 on May 29, 2022

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
drat, the piercings and hair color/styles, is this guy going back in time and becoming more of a boomer every day? I feel like he never associated piercing with badness in the past but now hes clearly using them as shorthand for degeneracy and theres more and more every time

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bismuth posted:

drat, the piercings and hair color/styles, is this guy going back in time and becoming more of a boomer every day? I feel like he never associated piercing with badness in the past but now hes clearly using them as shorthand for degeneracy and theres more and more every time

Pretty much, yeah. He used to be be cool with gender non-conformity as well, but transphobia is brainrot so every day more and more things become "bad" because they exist outside of the traditional roles of the established gender binary.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Not gonna lie, Theymos looks pretty fab.
But still, go die in a fire Ishida.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Tranos rules

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

There are six Infinity Oppression Stones, but since Ishida only draws three fingers on a hand the Infinity Oppression Gauntlet only has five slots in it and he could only come up with names for four of them. smh

At least we can appreciate how absolutely fabulous Theynos is. :biglips:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

People should be held accountable for their actions, but it's also wrong for these people to be upset about what the woman on stage said thus holding her accountable for her actions.
If this was any other artist I would be 100% sure this was a metaphor for January 6th. But I know for a fact Ishida is on the side of the insurrectionists, so I guess it's... not that.

This reminds me of the Greta Thunberg argument conservatives always roll out. "Oh I see, you're using this person because you know no one can criticize them!" And then it's like 12 pages of attacking them, viciously.
Like how can you say "no dare criticize me" in a comic where you're doing exactly that?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

fool of sound posted:

Politoons 2022: Tranos rules

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

What the gently caress? Why is the idea of men having sexual and/or romantic relationships with other men being treated like a punchline? I thought we had moved past this as a society decades ago! Ah poo poo, have I accidentally time traveled back to 90's?! I guess at least now I'll be able to get some Fruitopia and vintage Pokemon cards...
That's word for word the 70s redstockings line that all men oppress all women and gay happens when men are so misogynistic that they don't even want to be in relationships with women.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

TIME BIGOT!
Observe, with a mere dip of my pen I drag the conversation back by many decades!:smuggo:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
And as usual bi people don't exist in this model of the world. I guess we just become super misogynist whenever we see a hot guy or something?

Which gets right down to the heart of the matter really, they (terfs, fundies, whatever the gently caress Ishida is) functionally view relationships through a matter of hate or spite, people are choosing to be gay because they hate women/god/society rather than hey maybe they actually love someone?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Boris Johnson, greased piglet, escapes yet again – He’s hoping news of the windfall tax will wash away all memories of the Sue Gray report"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

What the gently caress? Why is the idea of men having sexual and/or romantic relationships with other men being treated like a punchline?
I don't think it is. I think the last panel is transphobia, not an attack on gay relationships.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's both. It's "men are defined by having testes, which is hilarious, and you can't change that by changing clothes" transphobia and "if you're a failure with women you can date a robot or even, gasp, a dude" because that's what you do when you've failed at being het according to that strain of homophobia.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Ishida fires his bigotry artillery and nobody is protected from splash damage.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Discendo Vox posted:

I recall looking into it that mental illness was a well-known deflection talking point going back at least 9 years. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" was the even older slogan.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people" is probably older than I am, but like all right wing talking points, it still gets trotted out fairly frequently. It won't be long before the Crazy Forwarded Emails Thread has someone showing the old "I set my gun unattended on the porch and it failed to murder anybody" chain letter that their chud uncle posted.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
So this is a storyline, now? Infinity War is four years old.

Theynos is a legitimate character, not a one-strip joke? Theynos collected the oppression stones, which are now a real in-universe thing? Being oppressed literally gave Theynos superpowers, which indicates that the oppression is in-universe real and recognized?

This is the setting now, apparently. Is Theynos in league with the devil? Is Theynos a space alien? Has anyone in the cast interacted with Theynos prior to this? Does Theynos have any goals at all? Are we even going to pretend to address the fact that Thanos' whole plan was centered around "split in half, find a balance", or is this actually exactly as deep as the fact that a lazy name change makes this already villain-coded character read as 'bad' to the artist?

I know Sinfest is deeply incoherent, but this is still a level I don't think it's reached before. This doesn't come from anywhere established, it literally just introduces a new threat without prior acknowledgement of said character's existence, then tells us that it's bad to fight oppression. Then a protagonist-ish character whom we haven't seen before (I know it's 2022, but, c'mon, we haven't had anything about her at all) shows up, apparently also with superpowers now because [scene missing], and shows us that if someone is actually oppressed, the morally righteous thing to do is to beat them into the ground.

Writers create worlds that aren't real, and which are eternally mutable by their creators (as Dan Olson so usefully put it). Given an infinitely malleable canvas and every chance to strawman the villains into whatever shape desired, Ishida decided to introduce a character who absolutely is oppressed by the recognized truth of the world, then had a hero show up to physically beat them further. Hooray

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

ZeeToo posted:

So this is a storyline, now? Infinity War is four years old.

This is just a thing Ishida does. The Woker came into existence similarly, and could (has?) disappear just as easily, without characters noticing or caring.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

ZeeToo posted:

So this is a storyline, ...?

I see your problem there.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Man that lead time is killer

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
the progressive new york times

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

the progressive new york times

https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1530357140191186944?s=20&t=5CIiaSSnYjjyrHteFlIdRA

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

”Silly child, you can’t make a career spouting off political opinions.”
-A Political Cartoonist

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

ZeeToo posted:

Then a protagonist-ish character whom we haven't seen before (I know it's 2022, but, c'mon, we haven't had anything about her at all) shows up, apparently also with superpowers now because [scene missing], and shows us that if someone is actually oppressed, the morally righteous thing to do is to beat them into the ground.

Oh no, I don't think that's supposed to be 2022. That's Mom-who-is-very-concerned-about-what-they're-teaching-kids-these-days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Yeah, he's saying the true hero is the Traditional Mother who is Protecting the Children.

The Traditional Mother will destroy all forms of degeneration with purifying violence. This is good and right. Let the image of this unblemished, pure, righteous, (white, cis, christian, conservative) mother guide your decisions.

It's fascism, which is first and foremost an aesthetic.