Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

loquacius posted:

Dang, nevermind, can't get that yet. Guess I'll try out the skeletons too

I like Oleg (dps, in their face) and Engvall (constant stun, stagger, pancakes, keeps aggro) when it's a 1v1 boss. But they need 100 FP I think. Engvall's stagger from the halberd is fierce, gives you lots of openings.

From the non-renowned Ashes, the Kaidan Sellsword seems to be a good approximation to those 2.

But also look at the Godrick and Raya Lucaria soldiers. They're not as tanky but you get 2 and 3 soldiers respectively who can keep a single boss pretty engaged and are even better if you want to assault some chokepoint full of enemies.

Used Aurelia the jellyfish, skellies, and the wolves a lot at the beginning. Skellies were key to taking down Tree Sentinel early - I'd stop engaging until they revived and sucked up aggro again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Miyazaki hire this man

We all know From loves to put a boss right at the start of their DLC and can't get enough dragons so I propose this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlJULk0f9xA&t=54s

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Mr Hootington posted:

It will be Miquella and he will be called The Corrupted Hope or The Corrupted Future.

It'll be a three phase fight

Miquella, the Eternal Child -> Miquella, Teenage Dirtbag -> Miquella, Too Old For This poo poo

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Angry Platypus posted:

I’m pretty sure one of the patches made it way harder to stunlock him (can’t be done at all in p1 now, and I think can you only do it in a specific window in P2 when he charges his big attack).

This tripped me up too since I watched videos of people clowning him with the spear and he just wasn’t chain-staggering for me.

Finally got him down legitimately with no stunlocks, but as a spirit summon-using magic enjoyer I resented having to learn the actual mechanics of a boss fight

P2 it still works 100% from the point that he starts charging his big attack. And tbh I use it every time because that attack sucks and is not fun.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Silhouette posted:

It'll be a three phase fight

Miquella, the Eternal Child -> Miquella, Teenage Dirtbag -> Miquella, Too Old For This poo poo

His model is already in phase 3 :(

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Talorat posted:

Hmmm should I have fully explored the capital before defeating Maliketh and thus setting the Erdtree ablaze? It's kind of looking like I have triggered the end game.

Yeah but the good news is you can get back inside the capital in like an hour in NG+ if you beeline there.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

We’ll obviously fight Miquella Marika and Godwyn in the DLC.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The only sad part about all our predictions is that, following From Soft's past record, none of what we want will actually be what they release.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

crepeface posted:

I saw a lot of comments about it being fromsoft's best stormruler fight but idgi tbh. i literally just spammed L2 over and over and stun lockd him to death

sounds like you understand perfectly to me. best stormruler fight is still a stormruler fight

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pretty far through DS1 now. Seath was a huge troll. Not that hard a boss, but the fact that he curses you and there's no Bonfire in that cave is hilarious. I beat him the second try but after dying the first time I had to go get a purge stone and come all the way back. Pretty good bit. This game is honestly really good. If anyone in this thread gets tired of Elden Ring or has just beaten ER and wants a change of pace I'd highly recommend giving it a play. I figured it would be good because Elden Ring and DS2 own but even coming at this game for the first time in 2022 it's still really fuckin' good.

Gonna revisit DS2 next. I think I will do a faith/strength build. Never done faith in any Frome games so I'm eager to give that a shot.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

The DLC should be in the badlands, the new items should all give you wrestling moves, and the final boss fight should be a literal wrestling match in front of a crowd of thousands

Legit just have the Radahn Memorial Festival where it's gladiator combat vs NPCs. Throw in old bosses too for funsies.

My caster run through seems to be slowing. Felt like I hit a wall after destroying godrick with rocks. Stuff just not dying as fast. Maybe I just suck at resists, ranged boss fights, and knowing how spell scales. I use the meteorite and +10 demihuman sticks. Main spells are the great pebble and the rock toss. Any others that help?

Maybe I'm just punching too high screwing around in Caelid before academy.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Idk if its been posted already (considering the speed at which this forum moves it has probably been posted) but this IGN pvp guide is one of the most brutally honest Elden Ring guides. Setting aside the misinformation the IGN guy throws out, it shows just how broken PvP in Elden Ring STILL IS! The fire's deadly sin spell is still exploitable (even without the deathblight buff). I also love how the dude has no idea how to make a viable pvp build. At level 209, it was clear that he just wanted to use every spell and weapon possible in the game at all times, and not even bother with optimization. Seeing Oroboro destroy this dude was amazing! It's funny that I learned a bit of good information from the video though. For my next playthrough I'm thinking of making a level 70 invader using +7 weapons to avoid maxing out weapons. Also I'm thinking of running a faith/int build just so I can law of regression people out of their insane amount of OP buffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APz6GUdA7hw

Edit: for some reason I thought you needed faith and intelligence to cast law of regression. Just found out you only need intelligence. Such a pain though because you'd have to run an int build with an incantation catalyst.

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 29, 2022

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Mustached Demon posted:

Legit just have the Radahn Memorial Festival where it's gladiator combat vs NPCs. Throw in old bosses too for funsies.

My caster run through seems to be slowing. Felt like I hit a wall after destroying godrick with rocks. Stuff just not dying as fast. Maybe I just suck at resists, ranged boss fights, and knowing how spell scales. I use the meteorite and +10 demihuman sticks. Main spells are the great pebble and the rock toss. Any others that help?

https://twitter.com/king_bore_haha/status/1514493727099658242

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Mustached Demon posted:

Academy is much easier than Caelid even for a mage, you just have to rely on rocks and a physical weapon in certain parts because some enemies are 80% resistant to magic.

The meteorite staff should be significantly stronger than demihuman's, no reason to bother with using both.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
You know I have to say, despite getting turned to mush in two hits by the one in Caelid like 15 times, the Bell Bearing Hunters are some of my favorite enemies that From have ever come up with, they're a great evolution of the standard big tough knight enemy concept, they're attacks are a bit slow and delayed so they require more thought and as such punish you hard for panic rolling and jumping the gun on a parry but its not quite taken to the extreme degree you see with a lot of other Elden Ring bosses and enemies where it feels like they are trolling the player doing these 10 minute long feints that lead into a flurry of five attacks in one picosecond. The telekinetic sword attacks are a really good at forcing the player to stay engaged and not just run off to the other end of the map to heal, they are very well telegraphed with the way the sword glows red, and can really throw the player off with the combos and zoning it gives him. He can't be fished for backstabs but he has lots of parry opportunities for his non glowing attacks that mean it pays off to learn his moveset, he also loses a ton of poise even when you can't riposte him on a parry so its really useful to go for them because otherwise he's a tank who can't really be staggered. He has a huge repertoire of attacks that are all very clearly telegraphed so the player can recognize the response they have to do not to get hit quickly, a lot of other enemies feel like they can go immediately into some really punishing gently caress you attack with barely any tell that just forces you to take a bunch of damage.

Even the way they're introduced is fantastic, the way they appear out of a red haze with the metal stomping of their feet in the darkness of night is so unnerving, in places that otherwise would come across to the player as safe and welcoming, like one of them is literally in turtle pope's church.

The only thing I might change is that its annoying as gently caress how if you want to fight them again after getting killed you have to sit at the bonfire to pass time and then get up and sit on it again for him to actually spawn.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

We already fought Marika, ugh gosh did you learn nothing from Goldmask??

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

bike tory posted:

We already fought Marika, ugh gosh did you learn nothing from Goldmask??

If anything, you were the one that taught him that

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ginette Reno posted:

Gonna revisit DS2 next. I think I will do a faith/strength build. Never done faith in any Frome games so I'm eager to give that a shot.

dark souls 2 would be a bad place to start as it nerfed offensive miracles into uselessness.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sindai posted:

Academy is much easier than Caelid even for a mage, you just have to rely on rocks and a physical weapon in certain parts because some enemies are 80% resistant to magic.

The meteorite staff should be significantly stronger than demihuman's, no reason to bother with using both.

Is the "magic scale" number on the bottom of the damage list how you tell which ones better? Demihuman has a higher number there so I've been using that unless it's rock time.

Physical weapons just been moonveil and that's great at what I need it for.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
No, you're right about sorcery scaling, I stand corrected on that one. I never tried using demihuman's since it falls off quickly with her int compared to the staffs you get in Academy.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

dark souls 2 would be a bad place to start as it nerfed offensive miracles into uselessness.

I was thinking more Paladin type build and beating things up and healing myself mostly

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sindai posted:

No, you're right about sorcery scaling, I stand corrected on that one. I never tried using demihuman's since it falls off quickly with her int compared to the staffs you get in Academy.

Probably go do academy next then. Get all the delicious nerd gear I remember from my first go around. Should help give the power boost to go elsewhere.

That area difficulty list is neat too thank you.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

What's the concensus about the best overall seal for a high faith (60 and will go up for NG+) with 32str for endgame? Using a +25 godslayer at Consecrated snowfield, +9 frenzied seal and +20 gravel stone.

I seamless mix black flame, frenzy and lightning incantations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao if you aren't using erdtree +2 and jar arsenal so you can wear lionel's armor and be invincible.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I thought I remembered that godslayer is the best faith seal until the mid 60s faith when it gets overtaken by the erdtree. It holds even with the clawmark if your faith and str are roughly even. I dont know how it compares to dragon communion but presumably if you're using it you already have high arc compared to your faith.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
This video on sacred seals is pretty dry but very informative with lots of math to back it up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gem_oDETZ74

TLDW:
For general use on builds that focus on faith, Godslayers is best with under 69 faith, Erdtree outperforms it starting at 69 faith

e:fb

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Look how they massacred my lightning spears.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Ds2 is the worst souls because turning green is the lamest visual representation of hollowing.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Speaking of Dark Souls 2 noted Best Game I really wish they brought back powerstancing crossbows. Double Mundane Avelynne was the funnest poo poo before they nerfed Mundane. And even without the ability to infuse crossbows I'd still love to whip out two pulley crossbows with bleedbolts.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Flytrap posted:

Speaking of Dark Souls 2 noted Best Game I really wish they brought back powerstancing crossbows. Double Mundane Avelynne was the funnest poo poo before they nerfed Mundane. And even without the ability to infuse crossbows I'd still love to whip out two pulley crossbows with bleedbolts.

two jar cannons :sickos:

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Very few things in life give me more pleasure than getting salty hatemail after a successful invasion! I don't like replying to hatemail so instead I like to ridicule the senders. I debated lifting the censor on the dude's PSN but decided against doing it. I'm not THAT cruel! :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeDSw4oavYY]

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Vagabong posted:

Ds2 is the worst souls

Agreed

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

man, if you fought me the way i wanted i woulda kicked your rear end

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

MarshyMcFly posted:

Very few things in life give me more pleasure than getting salty hatemail after a successful invasion! I don't like replying to hatemail so instead I like to ridicule the senders. I debated lifting the censor on the dude's PSN but decided against doing it. I'm not THAT cruel! :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo:

"Git gud"

- guy using RoB while getting owned by a mage

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

MarshyMcFly posted:

I gotta' say, the biggest downside of invading on PC is not getting these great mails from happy customers. I figure my RL1 Rot Breath build made at least a few people pretty unhappy!

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

MarshyMcFly posted:

For the love of god this is why you leveled that vigor if you are planning on doing any significant amounts of multiplayer - that dude in the back had like 700hp and the host didn’t look like he had much more, even arc’s

Dieting Hippo posted:

I gotta' say, the biggest downside of invading on PC is not getting these great mails from happy customers. I figure my RL1 Rot Breath build made at least a few people pretty unhappy!

You can totally do this on PC - you can view the profile of recent matches through the steam overlay, and this includes adding them to send them a message as well as blocking. I feel like PC overall has less of a culture of platform harassing since traditionally it’s been more split up and single-game I used. TBH I take no shame in blocking people if I match into them and they are like all bhs spammers, afk farmers etc etc.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 30, 2022

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Elden Ring is missing a player-bossfight. One of my favorite things in Dark Souls 3 is invading as a Spear of the Church. I have cockblocked countless players trying to reach Gael.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Horace Kinch posted:

Elden Ring is missing a player-bossfight. One of my favorite things in Dark Souls 3 is invading as a Spear of the Church. I have cockblocked countless players trying to reach Gael.

big big :same:

I'm guessing one of two things is happening for ER: Either they'll have a player boss fight in the DLC, or they've decided not to do that at all and instead have AIs control copies of player builds. I kinda suspect it's the latter but would be really happy to be wrong

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

The Anime Liker posted:

"Git gud"

- guy using RoB while getting owned by a mage

I'm fairly certain that it was the summon that sent me the message not the host, but it is actually possible that the host sent me the message instead. It would be even more hilarious if the host sent me the message after getting severely owned!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Mustached Demon posted:

assuming you're NG+, 2x staff of loss: night shard -> night comet.

it's ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I9q7IuhJz4