Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

Splicer posted:

OBS is my go to for stuff like that. Also, neat!

Noted. Thank you.

I had a copy of the Intel MMX Demo (it's completely software rendered) on an old Pentium MMX 233 overclocked to 262.5MHz (75x3.5) back in like the 1999-2000 timeframe and I was determined to find it. Took me this long. 😅

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I can't recall if I posted this already or not: I used to get fansubbed anime from tape traders. One of the things you could sometimes find on tapes was AMVs and what not.

However, doing any sort of Youtube search for the anime/song combos I remember yields zero which I'm not too surprised about: Most of this WAS tape-trading era and by the time Youtube rolled around you had probably had a wave DMCAs for anything that might have been uploaded during it's earlier years, and people getting rid of tape collections now that official DVD and unofficial torrent versions of content might have resulted in some of that 90s fandom content being lost to the ages.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

JediTalentAgent posted:

I can't recall if I posted this already or not: I used to get fansubbed anime from tape traders. One of the things you could sometimes find on tapes was AMVs and what not.

However, doing any sort of Youtube search for the anime/song combos I remember yields zero which I'm not too surprised about : Most of this WAS tape-trading era and by the time Youtube rolled around you had probably had a wave DMCAs for anything that might have been uploaded during it's earlier years, and people getting rid of tape collections now that official DVD and unofficial torrent versions of content might have resulted in some of that 90s fandom content being lost to the ages.

If you're looking for a specific song+anime combo, animemusicvideos.org has been around since the late 90's and their search still works even if their hosting has been trashed. A lot of the editors on there were pretty dedicated to preserving stuff, especially on youtube, if you have a creator's name, it might help in your search.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Back in 2005 there was a specific RPG Maker game named "Legends Showcase" hosted on the site Kamain's World. The site itself was obscure enough before you get into the fact that this random-rear end lovely demo was hosted for roughly a month as far as I can tell (that being said, it's possible to actually find the page via Wayback Machine, but obviously the link has been dead for nearly 20 years).
Either way, it was completely unremarkable apart from the fact there was this specific song featured there-in that I really liked but never figured out what the hell it actually was from, and any traces of it or any computer it might have been on has long since vanished. Given its absurd obscurity and age I'm fairly certain at this point absolutely nobody has a copy of it at this point, if they even did or knew about it in the first place.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Kind of dumb, but I have this weird obsession with lime green and black as a colour combo. Everything in my house where I get to choose the colours is in that combination. I have almost exclusively Razer products in the office, and while I'm more than happy with their performance it's entirely an aesthetic thing. My kitchen is all joseph joseph green stuff, my tools are all Ryobi, etc etc. Like, yeah, it's super lame, but the thing is it just always looks the best to me. I appreciate it's not everyone's taste, and so the living room and general decor is all up to my wife.

For reference, this is exactly perfect:

Essentially my white whale is just, 'clothes in those colours'. But ONLY those colours. I wouldn't even ask because I've been hunting so long, I KNOW for example, that there does not exist a trucker hat in exclusively those colours, and hasn't since 2008. Which, y'know, seems unlikely, but it's true. I've had people on here look before and come up spare. (There are sites that let you design them yourselves, but they either have a white hat as the canvas, or are a poo poo design). ANYWAY, I'm not after a trucker hat any more, I'm just after any nice clothes. The reason I ask now, is because not too long ago Hugo Boss released a range (well, 3) of T-Shirts in these colours, which I immediately bought all of, but it made me think maybe there's a chance it's a fashion atm, and that there may be other stuff?

Time was DC shoes would always have a pair of skate shoes in these colours, but, not for a while except for some exclusives that sold out immediately :'(.

Louis Vuitton does a shawl called Monogram that for seemingly one day only, came in a lime green, but the next time I went to look all evidence of it was scrubbed off the internet.

Sorry about the broadness, and also the brokenness of my brain!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

!Klams posted:

I KNOW for example, that there does not exist a trucker hat in exclusively those colours, and hasn't since 2008. Which, y'know, seems unlikely, but it's true. I've had people on here look before and come up spare.

you're trying to hurt me aren't you?

TIP posted:

I found some possible options.

https://www.amazon.com/Baseball-Geometry-Digital-Futuristic-Snapback/dp/B07WS3TMCB

!Klams posted:

poo poo me, that first one is basically what I've been looking for! gently caress! Thanks dude!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Back in 2005 there was a specific RPG Maker game named "Legends Showcase" hosted on the site Kamain's World. The site itself was obscure enough before you get into the fact that this random-rear end lovely demo was hosted for roughly a month as far as I can tell (that being said, it's possible to actually find the page via Wayback Machine, but obviously the link has been dead for nearly 20 years).
Either way, it was completely unremarkable apart from the fact there was this specific song featured there-in that I really liked but never figured out what the hell it actually was from, and any traces of it or any computer it might have been on has long since vanished. Given its absurd obscurity and age I'm fairly certain at this point absolutely nobody has a copy of it at this point, if they even did or knew about it in the first place.
Link the archive.org page

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Splicer posted:

Link the archive.org page

https://web.archive.org/web/20050620220959/http://www.kamain.com/games.php

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

TIP posted:

you're trying to hurt me aren't you?

The actual cap turned out to be much more a baseball cap in person, not a trucker cap. Its still the absolute best anyone's ever found though!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

!Klams posted:

The actual cap turned out to be much more a baseball cap in person, not a trucker cap. Its still the absolute best anyone's ever found though!

I was mostly kidding but I'm glad you didn't just completely blank out on it :v:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
There's an old tapatalk forum for kaiman's world:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/kamainsworld/
You could sign up and press random message user buttons

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
A working Xbox 360 that hasn't had its original Neon light synthesizer overwritten by the dumb default Microsoft visualizations.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
99% of monster energy apparel is black and lime green and if you're already wearing those colours, people are probably already assuming you're really into monster so you may as well just go for it.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

run on sentience posted:

99% of monster energy apparel is black and lime green and if you're already wearing those colours, people are probably already assuming you're really into monster so you may as well just go for it.

heh

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

!Klams posted:

Essentially my white whale is just, 'clothes in those colours'. But ONLY those colours.

You need to get clothing construction and/or fabric dyeing/painting.

For dye, I suggest the Jacquard iDye packets. They're super easy to use. I'd suggest the chartreuse over any white cotton, or even over pale yellow/green/blue (results may vary). If you want to go up a difficulty level, you can buy Jacquard powders and mix and match as you please, but there's a lot of trial and error in doing that and it can be really messy.

For paint, Jacquard also has super-opaque fabric paints specifically made for use on shoes, which you could use to add details to anything to your heart's content. They even have a lime color called "Volt".

And if you learn to sew, well, the sky's the limit. You can stick with little stuff like changing the buttons on a black shirt to green buttons or you can make stuff from scratch.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

!Klams posted:

Kind of dumb, but I have this weird obsession with lime green and black as a colour combo. Everything in my house where I get to choose the colours is in that combination. I have almost exclusively Razer products in the office, and while I'm more than happy with their performance it's entirely an aesthetic thing. My kitchen is all joseph joseph green stuff, my tools are all Ryobi, etc etc. Like, yeah, it's super lame, but the thing is it just always looks the best to me. I appreciate it's not everyone's taste, and so the living room and general decor is all up to my wife.

For reference, this is exactly perfect:

Essentially my white whale is just, 'clothes in those colours'. But ONLY those colours. I wouldn't even ask because I've been hunting so long, I KNOW for example, that there does not exist a trucker hat in exclusively those colours, and hasn't since 2008. Which, y'know, seems unlikely, but it's true. I've had people on here look before and come up spare. (There are sites that let you design them yourselves, but they either have a white hat as the canvas, or are a poo poo design). ANYWAY, I'm not after a trucker hat any more, I'm just after any nice clothes. The reason I ask now, is because not too long ago Hugo Boss released a range (well, 3) of T-Shirts in these colours, which I immediately bought all of, but it made me think maybe there's a chance it's a fashion atm, and that there may be other stuff?

Time was DC shoes would always have a pair of skate shoes in these colours, but, not for a while except for some exclusives that sold out immediately :'(.

Louis Vuitton does a shawl called Monogram that for seemingly one day only, came in a lime green, but the next time I went to look all evidence of it was scrubbed off the internet.

Sorry about the broadness, and also the brokenness of my brain!

Adidas does this color combo a lot, if you're looking for athletic wear (including T's, presumably). I've seen tracksuits, hoodies, etc. Just GIS "adidas black lime green" and go hog wild. Oh yeah, and they also do LOTS of shoes this way!

You might be able to find this combo in a bowling shirt fairly easily?

Also you could overpay for this wacky dress shirt: https://antonalexander.com/shop/active-collection-dress-shirts/club-dress-shirts/

Teketeketeketeke fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 30, 2022

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Futanari Damacy posted:

A working Xbox 360 that hasn't had its original Neon light synthesizer overwritten by the dumb default Microsoft visualizations.

If you can explain what this is then I'll check my various 360s.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Adidas does this color combo a lot, if you're looking for athletic wear (including T's, presumably). I've seen tracksuits, hoodies, etc. Just GIS "adidas black lime green" and go hog wild. Oh yeah, and they also do LOTS of shoes this way!

You might be able to find this combo in a bowling shirt fairly easily?

Also you could overpay for this wacky dress shirt: https://antonalexander.com/shop/active-collection-dress-shirts/club-dress-shirts/

... Fuckin YESS!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
You need to look into high vis gear, buddy.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also get a Kawasaki

They have occasionally partnered with Monster for what should be obvious reasons

If riding a motorcycle seems like a crazypants idea, you can just keep your crazy pants covered up

America
Apr 26, 2017

!Klams you'll find plenty of the color combo you want in skiing/snowboarding apparel.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I found this for when you're not riding your shiny new green and black Kawasaki, op. Kawasakis are great bikes. I've had one for quite a while as a second bike to my Triumph and don't regret it one bit.

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/fa22tX5.jpg :nws:

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Lime green and black chat: get yourself a vintage* Matrix t-shirt!

*I can't believe 1999 is vintage now, wtf

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I forget about this every so often, but I would do a lot to track down a copy of the locally-produced ad reel that ran in front of the movies at the only movie theater near the town I went to high school in (that didn't involve driving 45-60 minutes to scranton)

it was essentially a slide show, but it always kicked off with this voiceover declaring "THIS...is HONESDALE."

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
https://www.amazon.com/AutoRight-C800901-Auto-Stick-Washing/dp/B00GTUPU5K?ref_=ast_sto_dp

This, but specifically the version with a brush rather than a mop head.

We had one of these years ago and it was great for washing a car. You simply dipped the scrubber into your bucket of water, drew up the soap water like a syringe, then pressed it out like a syringe to dispense the washing solution from the head of the brush/mop like a spray.

I was fairly certain the one I had was a Rubbermaid model.

In any case, other than the one I bought about 18 years ago, we've never found another since.

edit: I know that there are hose-attached versions that do the same thing, but I still want one of these, again.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 7, 2022

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Is there a way to find the old creepy story threads or kind of a condominium of them? I want to read back through them.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Is there a way to find the old creepy story threads or kind of a condominium of them? I want to read back through them.
I too would like the spooky stories condominium

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

they kind of stopped after like 2017

the 2016 thread has links to some older ghost story threads

and this post from 2012 collects a lot of older scary story threads

if you don’t have archives then this website has a lot of old goon ghost stories as well

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I saw this brief clip yesterday on reddit of a guy in a wheelchair doing pullups and a guy reacting to it has anyone seen it?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I remember watching, sometime before 2008, a video on the formation of the Turner networks. It had a focus on CNN. It may have been part of a longer show, I think it may have been on entrepreneurship.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Milo and POTUS posted:

I saw this brief clip yesterday on reddit of a guy in a wheelchair doing pullups and a guy reacting to it has anyone seen it?

This one?

https://i.imgur.com/AEQd3WF.mp4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Thanks friend

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!
So this is a bit of an oddball one: back in the early 1990s, I was in the service and stationed in the UK. A buddy and I were both big music buffs and we still had record players (this was back when vinyl LPs and singles had long fallen out of fashion and well before the "boutique" vinyl industry had even begun to sprout up), so on occasion we'd stop in to a store that sold used records in the British town not far from where our base was. Usually we'd go there looking for a specific thing (they had everything from classic funk to the neckbeardiest prog to the hardest crustpunk/grindcore you could think of), but sometimes if a record was cheap enough, we'd grab it purely for novelty value if it looked like it'd be worth a few chuckles.

My friend was big into funk, R&B, and hip-hop/rap, and one day he came across a record for like £1 that he grabbed purely because he couldn't stop laughing at it. As I recall, the cover featured an elderly black man in the standard hip-hop gear of the 1980s: Adidas shoes and tracksuit and a Kangol hat, with his arms folded and striking a typical "rap" pose against a red background (the back cover had him in the same outfit, but striking a radically different pose, with one thumb in his mouth and one apparently in his rear end). The liner notes claimed he was the first ever rapper, way back in the 1950s or 1960s, and apparently he'd decided to cut a whole new set of tracks. Imagine if you took like the subjects of an old Redd Foxx standup routine, and made it a rap song. Just the filthiest, crudest poo poo that'd make Dolemite blush. I don't remember his name, or the name of the album, but I do remember one of the tracks was called "Baby Fat", which I'm sure is as crude as I remember it being.

I'm interested in finding it, even on YouTube or whatever, purely for comedy value. I remember my friend took it home, played it, and came back by my place the next day asking if I could hold on to it for him because, and I quote, "I can't have this in my house with my kids". I forget if he ever got it back or if it just got lost when I ended up moving back to the US about a year later. But I remember that particular thing every so often, not for the quality of the music, but for how we'd occasionally drink a couple of beers and laugh our asses off listening to it.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

found a useful tool for searching lines of dialogue in obscure and forgotten media:

https://filmot.com/

It searches a database of YouTube subtitles, and I was able to use it to find a request I made earlier in the thread:

emgeejay posted:

There was a Burger King commercial in the late ‘90s / early ‘00s which went something like this:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ViO18YbkykY&t=27m7s

(it was an extended version of the Subway commercial at 27:06)

emgeejay fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 13, 2022

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

So this is a bit of an oddball one: back in the early 1990s, I was in the service and stationed in the UK. A buddy and I were both big music buffs and we still had record players (this was back when vinyl LPs and singles had long fallen out of fashion and well before the "boutique" vinyl industry had even begun to sprout up), so on occasion we'd stop in to a store that sold used records in the British town not far from where our base was. Usually we'd go there looking for a specific thing (they had everything from classic funk to the neckbeardiest prog to the hardest crustpunk/grindcore you could think of), but sometimes if a record was cheap enough, we'd grab it purely for novelty value if it looked like it'd be worth a few chuckles.

My friend was big into funk, R&B, and hip-hop/rap, and one day he came across a record for like £1 that he grabbed purely because he couldn't stop laughing at it. As I recall, the cover featured an elderly black man in the standard hip-hop gear of the 1980s: Adidas shoes and tracksuit and a Kangol hat, with his arms folded and striking a typical "rap" pose against a red background (the back cover had him in the same outfit, but striking a radically different pose, with one thumb in his mouth and one apparently in his rear end). The liner notes claimed he was the first ever rapper, way back in the 1950s or 1960s, and apparently he'd decided to cut a whole new set of tracks. Imagine if you took like the subjects of an old Redd Foxx standup routine, and made it a rap song. Just the filthiest, crudest poo poo that'd make Dolemite blush. I don't remember his name, or the name of the album, but I do remember one of the tracks was called "Baby Fat", which I'm sure is as crude as I remember it being.

I'm interested in finding it, even on YouTube or whatever, purely for comedy value. I remember my friend took it home, played it, and came back by my place the next day asking if I could hold on to it for him because, and I quote, "I can't have this in my house with my kids". I forget if he ever got it back or if it just got lost when I ended up moving back to the US about a year later. But I remember that particular thing every so often, not for the quality of the music, but for how we'd occasionally drink a couple of beers and laugh our asses off listening to it.

Could it have been Dolemite, Rudy Ray Moore? Dumb question, but it’s the first person that jumps to mind.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Gotta be Blowfly (Clarence Reid)

edit: don't see obvious candidates on discogs actually but you should check out blowfly if you like that stuff anyway

Deep Glove Bruno fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 13, 2022

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

Vulgar posted:

Could it have been Dolemite, Rudy Ray Moore? Dumb question, but it’s the first person that jumps to mind.

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Gotta be Blowfly (Clarence Reid)

Pretty sure it wasn't Dolemite, and while I'd have to research further I don't believe it was Blowfly, either. I vaguely recall that the liner notes were making a big deal out of this particular guy releasing a rap album despite being in his 60s or 70s, and the album was definitely released in the 1980s to capitalize on the rising popularity of hip-hop and rap (he was almost certainly aping the style of guys like LL Cool J and Run-DMC with the way he was dressed), as we found it at the record store sometime in the very early 1990s. Going to guess a previous US serviceman stationed at our base took it to the used record store before we ever got a hold of it to get some drinking money, or maybe to get rid of it before a move; either that or it was one of those albums by a really obscure US artist that sometimes would get released on a UK or European record label.

Another reason I'm pretty sure it wasn't either of those two is that my buddy who bought it is an African-American guy from Baltimore, and IIRC the album was by someone he hadn't ever heard of before, which is why he was cracking up at it so bad. He definitely knew about Dolemite and I'm pretty sure he'd probably have heard of Blowfly too, as he was a big aficionado of the type of "party" records that got marketed and released in predominantly black cities and neighborhoods throughout the 1970s; Dolemite, Redd Foxx, LaWanda Page, etc. I'll do some digging around to be sure, though.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This is also surely wrong, but Melvin Van Peebles had at least one album where he kind of looks like the cover image you describe. Did this guy sound like Elmer Fudd when he sang?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

I AM GRANDO posted:

This is also surely wrong, but Melvin Van Peebles had at least one album where he kind of looks like the cover image you describe. Did this guy sound like Elmer Fudd when he sang?

I don't think so; as I recall from the one song that stuck in my memory, he just sounded like your average older black guy who has no idea of how a rap song works except that it should have plenty of rhyming. I mainly remember the song because it started out with him (or whatever character he was purporting to be in the song) telling an attractive young woman that she knows what she "has to do" if she wants money for rent and bills. It definitely wasn't a progressive-minded album, that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

An image of a promotional pamphlet for the 2006 movie "Accepted," encouraging application to South Harmon Institute of Technology. It came with my CCS catalog, which makes me think it shared a mailing list. Inside where juvenile puns on various classes like "woodworking." I can't find evidence of it online, but I for sure received one in the mail.