Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Bruceski posted:

"This fight syncs everyone down to 565, better require 595 ilevel in the party finder."

I hate this part of a gear cycle, where people who put time into the limited tomestone assume everyone else has as well on any job they might bring.

I think they're not assuming everyone else has, rather they're gatekeeping and assuming that bad players haven't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

E4N status: Still a drat nightmare.

If it wasn't everyone dying to mechanics, it was the NIN and BLM getting into a slapfight after the BLM pulled while we were waiting for another tank after one of them DCed. Then the NIN ragequits, but not the raid itself they just jump off, stay dead, and then once we finally complete it gives a "No harm in watching guides" parting shot before leaving.

At least the first timer tank that didn't drop had a good time. :unsmith:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

E4N status: Still a drat nightmare.

If it wasn't everyone dying to mechanics, it was the NIN and BLM getting into a slapfight after the BLM pulled while we were waiting for another tank after one of them DCed. Then the NIN ragequits, but not the raid itself they just jump off, stay dead, and then once we finally complete it gives a "No harm in watching guides" parting shot before leaving.

At least the first timer tank that didn't drop had a good time. :unsmith:

Pretty sure you can report that NIN for griefing

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

yeah ideally you boot their rear end and then also report

well, ideally people just stop being (possibly literal) children but apparently that's too much to ask

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
anyone happen to know the stat minimums for 6.1 big fish? I'm having a helluva time finding them listed anywhere

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Bruceski posted:

"This fight syncs everyone down to 565, better require 595 ilevel in the party finder."

I hate this part of a gear cycle, where people who put time into the limited tomestone assume everyone else has as well on any job they might bring.

the best part is that five minutes in pf will disavow you of any notion that there's any correlation between item level and skill level

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

my 595 gear just means I do a p4 and Aglaia every week

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

im ilvl 600 and complete garbage, i should know this

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Healer best in slot uses an overmelded 580 ring, so I will forever be ilvl 599 instead of 600
but also

a cartoon duck posted:

im ilvl 600 and complete garbage, i should know this

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I always try recruiting via the FC before PF, and, tbh, I very rarely ever have used PF as a result.

I can't speak for 3 of the 4 goon guilds, but I know I can reliably recruit a group from TPT for most content.

Also, if any of you are not doing Ultima Unreal weekly, you should. This is one of the easiest extreme fights in the game. The only real raidwipe mechanic is Aetheric Boom. The first two, 7/8 party members can soak each orb and you tank LB2/3 the third to trivialize the mechanic. There are a few primal mechanics to dodge, but they're 100% fixed in the order they come. If you're at all concerned about it, launch the level 50 version of Ultima's Bane unsynced and just watch the mechanics. It is probably the most accessible min-ilevel extreme fight in the game.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Mr. Nice! posted:

I always try recruiting via the FC before PF, and, tbh, I very rarely ever have used PF as a result.

I can't speak for 3 of the 4 goon guilds, but I know I can reliably recruit a group from TPT for most content.

Also, if any of you are not doing Ultima Unreal weekly, you should. This is one of the easiest extreme fights in the game. The only real raidwipe mechanic is Aetheric Boom. The first two, 7/8 party members can soak each orb and you tank LB2/3 the third to trivialize the mechanic. There are a few primal mechanics to dodge, but they're 100% fixed in the order they come. If you're at all concerned about it, launch the level 50 version of Ultima's Bane unsynced and just watch the mechanics. It is probably the most accessible min-ilevel extreme fight in the game.

The DPS check is also insanely lenient: you can have half-wipes and multiple deaths and still not see the start of enrage.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Yup. Grab some goons and give it a go. Load up the level 50 unsynced and dance through the fight to learn the mechanics consequence free first to make things easier.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
It’s excellent as baby’s first extreme, you can take in completely blind newbies and still kill it in 1-3 shots depending on roles/how many newbies you’ve got. A solid healer and tank for the checks can carry 5+ deaths with still no enrage.

The entire mechanics can be summarised as: “you dodge your AOEs in, you dodge your AOEs out, you kill the adds and soaky, that’s what it’s all about.”

Since the whole fight is just a couple of ARR primal attacks you’ll know from NM/HM + tank swaps and eat balls.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
turns out when CC is off the table I go back to fishing.
ok

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I accidentally tank LB2ed just now during the second aetheric boom and we still cleared.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

a cartoon duck posted:

the best part is that five minutes in pf will disavow you of any notion that there's any correlation between item level and skill level

Yeah, once we finally got the last spot we were waiting for it was a shitshow. Melee weren't helping with Booms for uptime, leader insisted on doing the third Boom "legit" with a weird pairs quadrant strat that nobody knew (when I did it straight another time due to LB3rez the strat we were quickly told was "tanks holmgang N all others S like second Boom" and that worked great), people dying all over the place. Not the worst Unreal Ultima I've been in but the worst that didn't have newbies.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

The worst Ultima Unreal run is the one where I found out that there's an actual mid-fight enrage timer where instead of casting Aetheric Boom 3 he just skipped to Ultima and wiped the party.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

PlasticAutomaton posted:

The worst Ultima Unreal run is the one where I found out that there's an actual mid-fight enrage timer where instead of casting Aetheric Boom 3 he just skipped to Ultima and wiped the party.

I knew some attacks were hp-based instead of time-based (third Boom is... 15%? Ish? I should go in unsynced on the normal EX and test that.), but that's impressive.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

When I did my first Aglaia run I died like 7 times and was feeling pretty deflated. Last night I only died once! Turns out turning off spell effects for everyone but your party and leaving those to a minimum really makes a huge drat difference.

Of course Aetherially Manipulating to a healer every mechanic helped too.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
7 times for a first time Aglaia is pretty good. The second one I did recorded over 200 deaths in ACT.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

7 times for a first time Aglaia is pretty good. The second one I did recorded over 200 deaths in ACT.

Holy poo poo. That's awesome.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Does it record where they happen? Want to know what caused the most deaths.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yassified Zenos doesn't look much different from regular Zenos

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

is that avril lavigne?!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Avril Lavigne looking bitch

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

If this isn't a Zenos to WoL song, then I don't know what is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7AvWo2_850

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Macaluso posted:

CAn someone better edit the opening of this to the bit were Zenos cuts through Y'sh's barrier.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
https://twitter.com/rosymaples/status/1530806092053110785

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Macaluso posted:

This'd probably work too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzgTnK3agPM

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

God left Heaven long ago

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I just had the weirdest experience in an EWEX3.

Run was going fun, Red Mage had died once before with no issues. Then the Red Mage died again and refused to res. Just started demanding we wipe so they could leave.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

We had a RDM fail the QTE in Seat of Sacrifice twice in a row the other night :eng99:

And when they didn't fail it they stacked on everyone with the keep-away marker :bang:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I just had the weirdest experience in an EWEX3.

Run was going fun, Red Mage had died once before with no issues. Then the Red Mage died again and refused to res. Just started demanding we wipe so they could leave.

Didn't want someone uploading the parse and ruing his score.

Alternately, baby missed naptime.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

TheWorldsaStage posted:

God left Heaven long ago

This just in: goon doesn’t realize crack fics are the shitposts of the fanfic world.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zenos absolutely listens to Avril Lavigne

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Who’s the main character who listens to Hikaru Utada while they’re kicking rear end?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
alisae

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Alphinaud, but he blames Alisie

Hien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Regalingualius posted:

Who’s the main character who listens to Hikaru Utada while they’re kicking rear end?

Me :colbert: