Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

My dad Elon Musk says it happens all the time

I absolutely know this is a lie because Elon doesn't talk to his kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Seth Pecksniff posted:

nice av

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
People get real mad when you probe them for calling for subforum shutdowns

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

People get real mad when you probe them for calling for subforum shutdowns

Great, now our own mods are posting thread content

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Isn’t that like 90% of what QCS does.
The other ten is destroying your posting enemies

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
DO NOT REMOVE THE FART ROOM!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

CharlestheHammer posted:

Isn’t that like 90% of what QCS does.
The other ten is destroying your posting enemies
What about complaining that novelty probes are "ruining the leper colony experience"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
QCS complaining about novelty probes is an op to get more people to want to get novelty probes to stick it to QCS nerds.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Inceltown posted:

We own our apartment and can 100% confirm that every apartment in our > 10 story building gets their alarms checked every year. They also run tests of the emergency broadcast system every few months. Checks include the front door as it is a fire door and the alarm which is wired in to the building so you can't just take the battery out if you're the sort to keep setting it off.

This is a reasonably new building though so not sure how that goes with older or smaller ones.

We disconnected the smoke alarm because the battery died and it kept doing that obnoxious beep, and the landlord does not care or check. :911: gently caress yeahhhhhhhh

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Can't you just buy a new battery?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

for like $1.25 yeah

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Skwirl posted:

Could even deduct it from your rent since you had to make a repair to your home with your own money.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Yeah I'd rather spend 1.25$ than possibly burn to death, but that's just me.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Soysaucebeast posted:

That's why you'll never be a billionaire

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Soysaucebeast posted:

Burning to death is our national pastime.

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Bismuth posted:

Its amazing to me that ancient people could whip out all the insanely cool math, art, and architecture but couldnt figure out that the more you married your immediate family the more hosed up everybody got/babies died/etc

They would probably say the same about us.

"Look, these guys in the future built airplanes, they live like Gods compared to us, have cars, internet, medicine, everything and all this, and yet despite having all this power, the power to fly to the Moon and beyond, they still do not believe in extrasensory perception, they do not believe in spirits. What irony is that the age where we finally become Gods, is the same age where we no longer believe in metaphysics. What an arrogant future to judge us as idiots!"

- The Native Americans would say the same
-The Ancient Egyptians would say the same

They would say "You guys agree with us in the discovery and application of math, architecture, science, and art, but when it comes to the metaphysics... you pick and choose"

In our successful society, we think they were all dumbasses and point to our technology and science as proof of our success. In their successful society, they think we are all dumbasses and point to their super-technological feats as proof. They point to their discoveries in these fields, and then ask you, "How can you accept this discovery from us as an act of the genius mind, but equally reject the next equivalent metaphysical discovery?"

As for the incest, I believe it happened, but I do not believe it was as widespread as some people believe and I do not know much about this topic to claim definitively if I had to guess, I would think that the "incest" ancestral line would reset every now and then with a new Pharoah. They would probably "reset" the line every now and then for reasons I do not know. Keep in mind that Horemheb had no relation to the royal family, started as a commoner, and ended up as Pharoah. He had no kids so he appointed a non-incestuous person to be the next king of ancient Egypt. His name was Paramesse and was just his vizier. If you research, you will see this "incest combo" gets broken every now and then in ancient Egypt. I do not know why.

I just find it strange how can we hail super-societies for their contributions beyond their time period (the ability to make pyramids in 2550 to 2490 B.C) or the Native American for their discoveries and understanding of science, but when it comes to those totem poles, they were suffering from mass-delusion "like the rest of ancient history".

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Ummm...Source your quotes?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I always figure the smart stuff was being done by people the ruling class hired/enslaved, and the stupid genetic poo poo was being done by the ruling class itself.

And as we've seen, you can use facts and logic and science to decry the deeds of the ruling class all you want, but that's not gonna change them, just invite a quiet assassination from them.

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Brawnfire posted:

I always figure the smart stuff was being done by people the ruling class hired/enslaved, and the stupid genetic poo poo was being done by the ruling class itself.

And as we've seen, you can use facts and logic and science to decry the deeds of the ruling class all you want, but that's not gonna change them, just invite a quiet assassination from them.

Perhaps in North Korea.

Ancient Egypt is cited as the greatest or one of the greatest societies of all time. If they operated North Korean-style like you said above, there would be no ancient Egypt. If there was, it would never be great.

Look at North Korea, a country that does exactly what you mentioned.

This is their greatest achievement. This is their pyramid.

Everyone is starving, everyone there suffers from human rights abuse. For all intents and purposes, North Korea is a poo poo hole.

If Ancient Egypt truly acted as you mentioned, it would never exist as we know it because it would be a poo poo hole.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Dubai has the tallest building on earth so it must rule there

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
but havent you heard? they got their very first Roni case after 2 years. Truly its only because the glorious leader's greatness that NK only just got their first covid case ever.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Starpluck posted:

Perhaps in North Korea.

Ancient Egypt is cited as the greatest or one of the greatest societies of all time. If they operated North Korean-style like you said above, there would be no ancient Egypt. If there was, it would never be great.

Everyone is starving, everyone there suffers from human rights abuse. For all intents and purposes, North Korea is a poo poo hole.

If Ancient Egypt truly acted as you mentioned, it would never exist as we know it because it would be a poo poo hole.

That said, it is a pretty cool looking building. Not worth the price is all.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
responding to a claim that the working class who actually physically did the labor to do cool poo poo were, therefore, responsible for the cool poo poo
by saying "maybe in north korea"
sure is a take lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I honestly have no idea what’s being discussed but I don’t think it’s based on history

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Of course he doesn't, he can't pronounce X Æ A-12 either.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Starpluck posted:

"Look, these guys in the future built airplanes, they live like Gods compared to us, have cars, internet, medicine, everything and all this, and yet despite having all this power, the power to fly to the Moon and beyond, they still do not believe in extrasensory perception, they do not believe in spirits. What irony is that the age where we finally become Gods, is the same age where we no longer believe in metaphysics. What an arrogant future to judge us as idiots!"

They would say "You guys agree with us in the discovery and application of math, architecture, science, and art, but when it comes to the metaphysics... you pick and choose"

In our successful society, we think they were all dumbasses and point to our technology and science as proof of our success. In their successful society, they think we are all dumbasses and point to their super-technological feats as proof. They point to their discoveries in these fields, and then ask you, "How can you accept this discovery from us as an act of the genius mind, but equally reject the next equivalent metaphysical discovery?"

As for the incest, I believe it happened, but I do not believe it was as widespread as some people believe and I do not know much about this topic to claim definitively if I had to guess, I would think that the "incest" ancestral line would reset every now and then with a new Pharoah. They would probably "reset" the line every now and then for reasons I do not know. Keep in mind that Horemheb had no relation to the royal family, started as a commoner, and ended up as Pharoah. He had no kids so he appointed a non-incestuous person to be the next king of ancient Egypt. His name was Paramesse and was just his vizier. If you research, you will see this "incest combo" gets broken every now and then in ancient Egypt. I do not know why.

I just find it strange how can we hail super-societies for their contributions beyond their time period (the ability to make pyramids in 2550 to 2490 B.C) or the Native American for their discoveries and understanding of science, but when it comes to those totem poles, they were suffering from mass-delusion "like the rest of ancient history".

What

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CharlestheHammer posted:

I honestly have no idea what’s being discussed but I don’t think it’s based on history

I think drug use

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Starpluck posted:

Are you all right?

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

I think Starpluck forgot that reproducibility is an important part of science

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
don't listen to these nerds Starpluck, you're alright

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

CharlestheHammer posted:

1/2 whackadoodle 1/2 drugs

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Starpluck posted:

Perhaps in North Korea.

sure looks to me like you can be an autocratic shithole where everyone but the ruling class lives under deplorable conditions, and also build pyramids

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

sure looks to me like you can be an autocratic shithole where everyone but the ruling class lives under deplorable conditions, and also build pyramids

Look no further than America.

Literally slaves, and immigrants put in virtual (or literal) indentured servitude, built the infrastructure and fueled the core economy.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

dialhforhero posted:

Look no further than America.

Literally slaves, and immigrants put in virtual (or literal) indentured servitude, built the infrastructure and fueled the core economy.

checks out

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
... and that talking coyote was just a talking dog!

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

https://twitter.com/AlpacaAurelius/status/1530943994057965569?s=20&t=yPXDJvCBH2XoKFnO1D_KfQ

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

A few weeks ago in my city a woman went up to a security guard and reported a man taking photos of children. The guard and the woman went up to the man and it turned out that they were his kids. The woman proceeded to call him a liar, pepper sprayed him, and ran away and was wanted by police.

It also reminds me of this classic story from Cindy McCain

quote:

McCain said she was coming home from a trip when she "spotted — it looked odd — it was a woman of a different ethnicity than the child, this little toddler she had. Something didn't click with me."

"I went over to the police, and I told them what I thought, and they went over and they questioned her," McCain said. "And by God, she was trafficking that kid."
"She was waiting for the guy who bought the child to get off an airplane," she added.

But a Phoenix Police spokeswoman told NBC News that while they did perform a welfare check at Sky Harbor airport at McCain's request, "officers determined there was no evidence of criminal conduct or child endangerment."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Remember when Lindsay Lohan tried to steal a couple of Syrian refugee kids from their mom?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The law of projection makes me thing that these people have one hell of a child trafficking racket going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
just ginormous gahonkalahoobs