Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Starting to think Robbie might actually win B block :thunkher:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"The little announcers room" :3:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I'd be in for Robbie v despe in pwa. Rematch in Sydney

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really, really hope this BOSJ results in a lot of Juniors going all over the place: not just NJPW and GLEAT but Australia or Mexico or the US (yes, even Impact) because goddamn has this tournament been a ton of fun and a breath of fresh air.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:36 on May 29, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Would actually tune into Impact if Hiromu went over to challenge Ace

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I am feeling a hiromu vs elp finals but frankly I'm pretty happy however this tournament shakes out at this point.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Pretty much over so whose stocks do you think rose the most in this tournament? Zayne and Austin getting over huge in Japan is the obvious answer but I think Robbie really established himself as one of the top stars of the division.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Pretty much over so whose stocks do you think rose the most in this tournament? Zayne and Austin getting over huge in Japan is the obvious answer but I think Robbie really established himself as one of the top stars of the division.

I've been thinking about my competitor tier list:

S tier: Robbie Eagles (had most of the best matches, feels like a legit star of the division), Ace Austin (constantly looked great, hugely popular, treated like a big deal)
A tier: Alex Zayne (popular like Ace but not pushed quite as strong), SHO (comedic genius), El Lindaman (giant bundle of electricty)
B tier: Hiromu Takahashi, El Desperado (both carried the interest in their blocks, consistently delivered), DOUKI (proved himself as a talented member of the division)
C tier: El Phantasmo (incredible at times, uninspired at others), Titan (had some fun matches but never really stood out), Yoshinobu Kanemaru (mostly quiet but had 3 fantastic quick wins)
D tier: YOH (Korukuen win was a highlight but the rest sucked), Ryusuke Taguchi (butt stuff), Taiji Ishimori (held up his end as champ)
E tier: Wheeler Yuta (failed to capture his AEW magic), TJP (he was there), BUSHI (I don't pop for the Bushiroonie)
F tier: Clark Connors (made up numbers), Francesco Akira (huge whiff of a debut), Master Wato (lol)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Robbie has had a great tourney and probably should win it all and face Ishimori

I'm not as down on Akira as others but clearly he's been trying to be a heel when really should be a baby face (and heck Most of UE are tweeners or Faces or Great O'Khan)

Yuta needed more bloodlust and has been a disappointment but if he cracks and destroys Wato than it'll be worth it

Ace Austin And Alex Zayne have been amazing and Austin and both should get some looks from bigger companies and should get another tour (And probably the JR tag titles since I think Douki/Kanemaru/? are gonna go after the trios)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Impact only tapes once a month, right? I'm hoping Ace can just show up in New Japan most of the time

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, a good place for Yuta might be getting stretched by ZSJ as a call-out for Danielson. Because frankly, he's in a weird spot where the other 2 members of his group are hanging their hat on being brutal to their opponents and Wheeler is still trying to beat people with a pretty goofy roll-up thing. I get he might not want to totally change up his style, but if he's not able to adapt, it's gonna start to look like he and Garcia maybe should've swapped places.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Went to far Tommy

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, a good place for Yuta might be getting stretched by ZSJ as a call-out for Danielson. Because frankly, he's in a weird spot where the other 2 members of his group are hanging their hat on being brutal to their opponents and Wheeler is still trying to beat people with a pretty goofy roll-up thing. I get he might not want to totally change up his style, but if he's not able to adapt, it's gonna start to look like he and Garcia maybe should've swapped places.

I do not care for his finish that's for sure

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The elbows into the seatbelt is really bad. They should have used DOUKI calling him out for doing the move wrong as an excuse to make him do a better finish.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Lindaman is like my favorite guy (aside from DOUKI) after these two weeks now. Small guy who's constantly energetic and well spoken with a great smile but also is a total brick shithouse who repeatedly suplexes you until you die is the perfect wrestling face.

Hard to believe he was the dork with the rope in Dragongate just four years ago

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
El Lindaman is an amazing wrestler with a very contagious intensity to make every match of his feel like a main event. Ace Austin and Alex Zayne are great. Robbie has turned it up in this tournament, and DOUKImania is spreading.

I really like Yuta but have to agree that he needs a better finishing sequence (not that I find it bad, it's just a little underwhelming)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
honestly Yuta doesnt do enough elbows and he's really pulling them for it to look good as a combo finisher. at least if he rained down a lot more violently and then followed it up with the weird roll up it'd look better.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DOUKI is the greatest role model on the planet not named The Great O-Khan, and needs to be respected as such :hai:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

My fellow SHO devotees should be making sure to watch his post-match promos btw.

The one after the Ace Austin match where he proclaims Austin is minion of the devil because he made a stick appear from nowhere and SHO won the Holy War against him with his holy spanner is an all timer.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Final match order for tomorrow's final block show is out:

BEST OF THE SUPER Jr. 29
May 31st at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST/18:30 JST
Toyama Techno Hall West Hall

BOSJ B Block Match:Master Wato [6] vs. DOUKI [6]
BOSJ A Block Match:Ryusuke Taguchi [6] vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru [6]
BOSJ B Block Match:BUSHI [6] vs. El Lindaman [8]
BOSJ A Block Match:Clark Connors [6] vs. Alex Zayne [8]
BOSJ B Block Match:Wheeler Yuta [8] vs. TJP [8]
BOSJ A Block Match:YOH [8] vs. SHO [8]
BOSJ B Block Match:Robbie Eagles [10] vs. Titán [6]
BOSJ A Block Match:Ace Austin [10] vs. Francesco Akira [6]
BOSJ B Block Match:El Desperado [10] vs. El Phantasmo [12]
BOSJ A Block Match:Hiromu Takahashi [10] vs. Taiji Ishimori [12]

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

one thing which is cool is that i genuinely have no clue who's winning other than i doubt it's gonna be ishimori

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yuta do NOT lose to TJP or I swear to God William Regal is gonna march across the ocean and slap the poo poo out of you.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I know the most likely outcome is Hiromu vs Despe but I’ve got to be pulling for my boy ELP. It’s his year, dammit!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I know the most likely outcome is Hiromu vs Despe but I’ve got to be pulling for my boy ELP. It’s his year, dammit!

The only thing that makes me doubt that is it telegraphs the winner really clearly. ELP/Ishimori would be Bullet Club vs Bullet Club and while the ex-partner thing does have some legs, it's not like one of them is on the HOT side of things and the faction disintegrating is kind of against the whole recent throughline of BULLET CLUB'S BACK BAY BAY

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
workrate-wise they should make Robbie win the whole thing, dude's great. Also he's half-Filipino and not a shithead like the other guy in the tournament.

But it's probably going to be Hiromu/Despy again... I'll forgive them if they make Despy win the final this time.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I figure they took the belt off Despy so he could win BOSJ but I'm open to alternatives (Robbie or ELP).

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

The only thing that makes me doubt that is it telegraphs the winner really clearly. ELP/Ishimori would be Bullet Club vs Bullet Club and while the ex-partner thing does have some legs, it's not like one of them is on the HOT side of things and the faction disintegrating is kind of against the whole recent throughline of BULLET CLUB'S BACK BAY BAY

I think the Bullet Club's back thing is just them setting up Jay for a fall when he gets caught by the most obvious double cross since he turned on Okada by HOT, and I think moving either ELP or Ishimori to HOT would make sense. Especially if ELP wants to go heavyweight. He'd be the clear number two in HOT but in BC, he'd be behind Jay and Rock Hard Juice Robinson and KENTA and probably Karl Anderson too.

Lily Catts posted:

workrate-wise they should make Robbie win the whole thing, dude's great. Also he's half-Filipino and not a shithead like the other guy in the tournament.

But it's probably going to be Hiromu/Despy again... I'll forgive them if they make Despy win the final this time.

If Kevin Kelly and Kidani aren't just teasing people and the Budokan show will have cheering then Hiromu/Despe is the match to do. Get the two most popular guys in there and let the crowd go nuts.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hiromu and Despy with a cheering crowd would be great so I'd be for it

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I think the Bullet Club's back thing is just them setting up Jay for a fall when he gets caught by the most obvious double cross since he turned on Okada by HOT, and I think moving either ELP or Ishimori to HOT would make sense. Especially if ELP wants to go heavyweight. He'd be the clear number two in HOT but in BC, he'd be behind Jay and Rock Hard Juice Robinson and KENTA and probably Karl Anderson too.

If Kevin Kelly and Kidani aren't just teasing people and the Budokan show will have cheering then Hiromu/Despe is the match to do. Get the two most popular guys in there and let the crowd go nuts.

i hope it's el-p as i enjoy the fact that ishimori's matches are clean

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Sending my energy to ELP

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DOUKI time :woop:

But boo for these big over-bright arenas. It looks like a good size crowd but these places don't seem to be very good for crowd noise in the clap only environment.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
lmao Wato

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
God drat, DOUKI

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DOUKI did the vault over the ropes so fast I almost wondered if it was a deliberate "botch" by Wato but it looked way too natural not to have been.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Kevin has way too much fun with that Gino impression

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Kevin has way too much fun with that Gino impression

He's gonna toss his hat on the ground in frustration when Gino actually returns.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

DOUKI did the vault over the ropes so fast I almost wondered if it was a deliberate "botch" by Wato but it looked way too natural not to have been.

Remember the Watosault and ask yourself which is more likely

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

....douki.....

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Oh dear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wow.

Uncle Nobu's not getting paid by the hour.