Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
HOOKHAUSEN VS NESEHAUSEN 4 1.62%
WARDLOW VS MJF 4 1.62%
HARDYS VS BUCKS 1 0.40%
JADE VS ANNA 1 0.40%
HOB VS DT 34 13.77%
COLE VS JOE 1 0.40%
BRITT VS RUBY 3 1.21%
ATT VS THE WORLDS WEIRDEST TRIOS TEAM 2 0.81%
DARBY VS KYLE 6 2.43%
DEEB VS ROSA 16 6.48%
ANARCHY 119 48.18%
TAG TITLES 23 9.31%
WORLD TITLE 15 6.07%
WERE THERE MORE MATCHES? 4 1.62%
MAYBE I MISSED ONE? 5 2.02%
???? 9 3.64%
Total: 247 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
i liked most of the pape, did not like some matches in the first half at all though, but the second half was so good i didnt care

also the trios match was death metal vs black metal ... in many many ways!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Really enjoyable show, that Darb/KoR onward stretch really helped out the PPV. Sad Hanger's reign has come to an end, but also equally excited for Punker, so a win-win for me. Kinda thought we were gonna get another tease for THE FORBIDDEN DOOR here, but Athena, Stokely, and RUSH were all good and awesome. Stokely being on my TV weekly, as he always should've been, is a dream come true. Can't wait to drop another 50 bucks next month on the next pape. Hopefully it isn't as long again, but I also didn't feel tooo burned out this time.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Huntman posted:

Really enjoyable show, that Darb/KoR onward stretch really helped out the PPV. Sad Hanger's reign has come to an end, but also equally excited for Punker, so a win-win for me. Kinda thought we were gonna get another tease for THE FORBIDDEN DOOR here, but Athena, Stokely, and RUSH were all good and awesome. Stokely being on my TV weekly, as he always should've been, is a dream come true. Can't wait to drop another 50 bucks next month on the next pape. Hopefully it isn't as long again, but I also didn't feel tooo burned out this time.

is Forbidden Door next month???

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Eric Bischoff in the mud

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/Rich_LBFan/status/1531141821811699712

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Alaois posted:

is Forbidden Door next month???

Yes! June 26th. Had to double check, but the road to Forbidden Door starts Wednesday

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tony is out of his mind right now. I love it.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Maximum Cocaine Tony has joined the press scrum

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

sba posted:

Eric Bischoff in the mud

For context:

https://twitter.com/_denisesalcedo/status/1531143515354198016?s=20&t=UaQWHnwvRl345EYEj3U7XA

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Punk having to rein TK in. If Eric Bischoff goes missing next week, we'll know why

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Please add psycho Eddie to the OP.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm ready for the Summer of Punk

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

shout out abroham lincoln’s pic

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/wrestlingleva/status/1531078094987046914?s=20&t=UaQWHnwvRl345EYEj3U7XA

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

NienNunb posted:

I agree completely. In that they’re both very good wrestlers

yeah, but they're both so conflicted about being violent :(

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

KungFu Grip posted:

yeah, but they're both so conflicted about being violent :(

Sami Zayn literally did that same spot in the match people gush about as the best in WWE/NXT history.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Eat My Fuc posted:

Mind posting a clean template?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Thoughts

1) Wardlow vs. MJF was booked exactly how Sting vs Hogan at Starcade 97 SHOULD have been booked. Cathartic and I loved it.

I missed most of Hardys/Bucks dealing with my internet crapping out.

2) Jade/Anna sucked. Jade shouldn't need managers to cheat for her and they give her a second one on top of that. I'm tired of Jade now, whatever. Athena is cool.

3) Trios match was rad, and we finally have Julia turning. Cool.

4) Then an hour of NXT happened. I don't care.

5) lmao at Sammy and Tae coming through the elevator with dumb nerd costumes DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO SAMMYVERSE. Glad to see this feud over, and I like Sammy.

6) Didn't expect Kyle to win. That was neat. Fun Dynamite match.

7) St. Rosa saves the PPV! Rosa/Deeb was a a hell of a match

8)

9) seriously, AmDrag should have just let Eddie set Jericho on fire.

10) Tag match was also awesome. Everytime Team Taz doesn't win I get a little sad, but it was all good.

11) THAT loving MAIN EVENT!!! Definitely amazing from start to finish. And Hangman loses the title in the most Hangman way possible. Punk should have a great reign too.

gently caress the haters, Hangman's reign owned. Up to and including how he lost. When he won the title TK said that was only about half way through his story, and with that ending I believe him.

12) Overall Revolution was better, but the 2nd half was great and there were some cool highlights. Fun show

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

Sami Zayn literally did that same spot in the match people gush about as the best in WWE/NXT history.

Sami Zayn? hahaha.

https://twitter.com/vintagepuro/status/1482374929865744391

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I know it might not be a popular sentiment nowadays but Jericho is still the GOAT. Everything he does is just insanely good and these big stupid clusterfuck matches are peak AEW.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

not as in he did the spot first, but that the Gargano comparisons are like "this spot is dumb and only dumb Garga-No did it dumb"

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

Mind posting a clean template?

go wild my friend tomy khan style

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

not as in he did the spot first, but that the Gargano comparisons are like "this spot is dumb and only dumb Garga-No did it dumb"

I just like to remind everyone, It's Always A Bret Hart Reference

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Aew brings me so much happiness I know I will never be able to judge it without bias. So gently caress it I'll just enjoy the joy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/TheAngeloParker/status/1531141844976820224?t=YEPUsWEPTEbXVsXmRgdqEw&s=19

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

drat Hangman ended up doing a masturbatory Bret Hart tribute match

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I am excited to see how Julia improves from working with the House of Black dudes for a while. She's really young and a quick learner!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Eat My Fuc posted:

go wild my friend tomy khan style

:twisted:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just thought of something. Is Jericho an AEW original? He's been there since day 1

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Neodoomium posted:

I am excited to see how Julia improves from working with the House of Black dudes for a while. She's really young and a quick learner!

she did have the most baffling match with Hikaru Shida, that kind of worked because Shida is strong, but Hart straight up sandbagged on so many things that Hart, who weighs nothing, had to be powered up into a suplex repeatedly

if it was like Statlander I could get but Shida looked like she was trying to lift a deadsack of poratoes for that match

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shard posted:

Just thought of something. Is Jericho an AEW original? He's been there since day 1

Jericho is like, The AEW Original, he's the reason they got their foot in the door on cable TV

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cm punk and bryan danielson are aew originals because it's associated with roh

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That was a great night. Can't wait to do it again in June. Gonna go read some fanfiction and then go to bed night yall

https://twitter.com/sammyguevara/status/1531103725699272705?t=lUZiaPxrAAS35_0j-qtjAg&s=19

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
the only AEW originals with titles currently are Jurassic Express and Scorpio Sky, who its agreed are not the best person/people in their respective divisions - though the gap between Jurassic Express and the tag teams isnt as big as the Scorpio Sky chasm to his potential challengers, but years there isn't an AEw Original currently I think who has cream ride to the top

ok except PAC

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Alaois posted:

Jericho is like, The AEW Original, he's the reason they got their foot in the door on cable TV

Yeah, like obviously you got the Bucks, Kenny, Hangman, and Cody, but Jericho definitely felt like the face of AEW right away. Closed out the inaugural press conference if I recall?, won the main event on the first AEW show, first champ, main evented the first Dynamite.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
For those not watching the scrum, Tony Khan says he never met or talked to Stokely Hathaway until today which is pretty amazing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao Tony saying that Jade and Stokely could be the new Bockwinkle and Heenan, what a nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lid posted:

the only AEW originals with titles currently are Jurassic Express and Scorpio Sky, who its agreed are not the best person/people in their respective divisions - though the gap between Jurassic Express and the tag teams isnt as big as the Scorpio Sky chasm to his potential challengers, but years there isn't an AEw Original currently I think who has cream ride to the top

ok except PAC

you drunk my brother?