Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Somewhere on the :vomit: daily mail :vomit: I believe it was literally “The Gays”. I don’t know if it’d be funnier if she capitalised both words on purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

New Kunt and the Gang single in the works?

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
I have a couple of flag enthusiasts on my street that have the bunting out with pictures of brenda's face on, loving baffling that people still celebrate this poison

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

And just like a World Cup, in the bin the next day.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

kecske posted:

it was said somewhere before that she calls her clique of male friends 'the gays'

Yeah it seems it was this.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Is it Thursday and Friday that are bank holidays?

After paying an arm and a leg for heating oil a few weeks ago my tank has now gone and buckled. That's a couple of grand to add to the year's heating bill lmao.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

sassassin posted:

Is it Thursday and Friday that are bank holidays?

After paying an arm and a leg for heating oil a few weeks ago my tank has now gone and buckled. That's a couple of grand to add to the year's heating bill lmao.

Yes thur & Fri

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
you'll have plenty of time to finish the fanfiction

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/ChallengeYCL/status/1530913658653523970

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Sad to see a symbol of a murderous ideology stood on top of a plinth with a symbol of proletarian solidarity sprayed on it.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/alexnunns/status/1530983544859906049

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Like they knew this was going to happen all along, it’s such a waste of money, not only the statue itself but the constant cleaning.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Filtering your humanity by way of a person's ethnoreligious clade is not racist.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

"So what if I only want to share my nation with white European Christians? It's not racist to want to send everyone else to Rwanda. That doesn't make me racist, that just makes me... er... uhm.... I mean, it doesn't mean that I don't have compassion for the Unterme Bla Savag people that aren't like you and I ..."

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
what a stupid oval office

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

FWIW he appears to be Irish.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 29, 2022

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Filtering your humanity by way of a person's ethnoreligious clade is not racist.

The Sunday times is an insufferably fascist rag.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
When the Tigray War last year displaced millions of people from the oldest Christian country in the world that was different, because they looked a bit like the people I do the Stations of the Cross the Road so I Don't Get Robbed to. Anyway make sure that the headline notes how not racist I am.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

and another thing: im not racist. please dont put in the newspaper that im racist.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

some of my best friends are newspapers

Mebh
May 10, 2010

So what days are things closed so we can drink ourselves into a stupor again? Need to get a shop in.

Also loving hell, the amount of flag wanking every time I look on twitter is impressive. "You can be miserable if you want but I'm going to be PROUD of my country!!" what the gently caress kind of blinkered, head in the sand, bullshit argument is that?

I do wonder if we'll ever be able to unfuck human bias against having our minds changed. Like how presenting arguments against a belief that make you uncomfortable just makes most people dig in deeper. It's hard to do and I fall foul of it all the time, but poo poo. Having it weaponised efficiently with auto adjusting algorithms by social media is so goddamn depressing.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Guavanaut posted:

No Blacks
No Irish
No Dogs

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

happyhippy posted:

No Blacks
No Irish
No Dogs

This is still basically the case, quite often.

Well maybe not the Irish bit as much.

But as an eastern euro trying to find housing in Britain can be hell, so many people balk upon hearing where I'm from (my name sounds fairly British to the point where several times it only came up after signing the contract when showing my right to rent lmbo).

e: To make it more relevant to the first post, for my current apartment they ended up picking me over 2 other applicants because of 'cultural compatibility' (a.k.a. at least I'm white even if the bad kind of white, or that's what I assume it means). But that was a letting agency, small landlords are often even more bigoted and would rather wait for a brit to show up.

It got to a point where at uni I specifically looked for poorly-spelled ads on spareroom and what do you know, immediate response after a month of searching. And I made friends with a bunch of great chinese students, fairly posh ones too (one was the son of a former minister for sport).

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 30, 2022

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
Wondering if anyone has any advice.

Met a homeless guy yesterday who told me what happened to him. He was adopted here from Italy, his passport expired and he couldn't renew it because his ex wife who he had a kid with refused to sign whatever she needed to sign.

As a result he couldn't get settled status, boss had to let him go because he was no longer eligible to work, and now he's homeless. He can't get much help from Framework or Shelter because he's not eligible for benefits, can't get a new passport because he said his ex wife is required for that on account of them having a kid together, which means he can't just go back to Italy where he's able to work etc.

I asked if there was an Italian embassy or anything he can talk to but he said he'd need to go down to London and that's not cheap from Nottingham when you've got poo poo-all money.

Anyone know anything about getting out of this kind of situation?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

I'll buy that for a farthing!

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
There's an Italian consulate in Nottingham if google is to be believed, and CAB might be worth a shot too

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Surprise T Rex posted:

Wondering if anyone has any advice.

Met a homeless guy yesterday who told me what happened to him. He was adopted here from Italy, his passport expired and he couldn't renew it because his ex wife who he had a kid with refused to sign whatever she needed to sign.

As a result he couldn't get settled status, boss had to let him go because he was no longer eligible to work, and now he's homeless. He can't get much help from Framework or Shelter because he's not eligible for benefits, can't get a new passport because he said his ex wife is required for that on account of them having a kid together, which means he can't just go back to Italy where he's able to work etc.

I asked if there was an Italian embassy or anything he can talk to but he said he'd need to go down to London and that's not cheap from Nottingham when you've got poo poo-all money.

Anyone know anything about getting out of this kind of situation?

Any EU embassy / consulate should act for him.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/MattHighton/status/1530914477083963393

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

keep punching joe posted:

Any EU embassy / consulate should act for him.

He won't be able to get settled status anymore so there's only so much they can do for him. To get out of the country I imagine he'd have to deal with the home office either way since he's in the UK illegally now, so probably going to them directly would work as well.

He could just be lying to make money, too. The settled status wasn't trivial to apply to, but it also wasn't all that difficult - I can see how a homeless person would struggle with it (not the least because it technically didn't cover homeless people in the first place) but if he was working at the time he should've been able to get it done with CAB etc. support. I don't know how an ex-wife would be involved anywhere. I don't think a passport would be necessary either, an id card should have been enough IIRC.

e: Still probably worth giving it an embassy or consulate a go to see what they say. It's not like it costs anything and is probably preferable to dealing with the HO directly.

e2: Missed the bit about being adopted. Still seems a bit far-fetched, he should've been able to get citizenship through his adoptive parents if that's the case.

Home Office posted:

If your child was adopted in the UK
Your child can get a British passport if either adoptive parent is British and was usually living in the UK (‘habitually resident’) when you adopted your child.

You must send your child’s adoption certificate showing the British parent’s details.

You must also send one of the following:

the British passport details for either parent
a UK birth certificate for either parent
a Home Office certificate of registration or naturalisation for either parent
the passport that was valid at the time of the child’s birth for either parent

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 09:30 on May 30, 2022

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah tbh it all seemed a bit like, convoluted? I took his email address so I could ask around for what to do in case I found anything that might help him.

Guess I'll call an embassy and pass his info on. If he's spinning a yarn nothing will come of it, but best case is it helps him.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Well I’ve finally decided to drop my anarchist label. Ultimately I’m still all about no non-consensual hierarchies and redistribution and working a ton less and all the good stuff, I just can’t associate myself with a group of people who I mainly see talking about how schools are basically prisons, bedtimes are oppression, and restaurants must be abolished. I knew making a Twitter account was a bad idea, but it has had the upside of making me realise that a lot of people I thought had it right actually seem to just want to be hunter gatherers again essentially.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Jakabite posted:

Well I’ve finally decided to drop my anarchist label. Ultimately I’m still all about no non-consensual hierarchies and redistribution and working a ton less and all the good stuff, I just can’t associate myself with a group of people who I mainly see talking about how schools are basically prisons, bedtimes are oppression, and restaurants must be abolished. I knew making a Twitter account was a bad idea, but it has had the upside of making me realise that a lot of people I thought had it right actually seem to just want to be hunter gatherers again essentially.

The social media revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. They have greatly increased the access to knowledge of those of us who live in “advanced” countries, but they have destabilized society, have made life unfulfilling, have subjected human beings to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering (in the Third World to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the natural world. The continued development of social media will worsen the situation. It will certainly subject human beings to greater indignities and inflict greater damage on the natural world, it will probably lead to greater social disruption and psychological suffering, and it may lead to increased physical suffering even in “advanced” countries.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Surprise T Rex posted:

Yeah tbh it all seemed a bit like, convoluted? I took his email address so I could ask around for what to do in case I found anything that might help him.

Guess I'll call an embassy and pass his info on. If he's spinning a yarn nothing will come of it, but best case is it helps him.

One of those situations where you find yourself going "it can't be that convoluted, surely someone knows how to fix this, they wouldn't be hosed over for no good reason other than some bureaucrat being racist, why would the government be so pointlessly cruel?", is it?

Maybe it isn't true. Good work on not assuming it's a lie.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Jakabite posted:

schools are basically prisons, bedtimes are oppression, and restaurants must be abolished.

But how do they feel about eating all their vegetables and doing their homework?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Strom Cuzewon posted:

But how do they feel about eating all their vegetables and doing their homework?

Look into your heart, you know why they became anarchists.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Bookchin was complaining about lifestyle anarchists bringing nothing to the table regarding the liberty of all humans when computers still ran on tapes. Bakunin was complaining about the lack of coherent class struggle in individualist anarchism back when Babbage was still pissing about with clocks. It's not something new to the social media age.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

What's the anarchist objection to restaurants? Sure the modern capitalist approach to them is objectively awful, but what's wrong with a hippy co-op where you can get some food and have a community?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I was punished for not eating food I was allergic to.

Repeatedly.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Strom Cuzewon posted:

What's the anarchist objection to restaurants? Sure the modern capitalist approach to them is objectively awful, but what's wrong with a hippy co-op where you can get some food and have a community?

Anarchists don't have a problem with organisation, they have a problem with management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
There was some deranged discourse from Tumblr communists recently about how restaurants are intrinsically a bourgeois evil as workers are exploited and on poverty wages, therefore restaurants should be abolished outright and people should just learn to cook for themselves (rather than unionise/reform wages and conditions).