Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
If you're too lazy to filter through that mega imgur album:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer3...tm_source=share

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Putting this near the top of the page. Looks like 3 weeks and it all drops. Pre-Orders start Soon

BULBASAUR posted:

If you're too lazy to filter through that mega imgur album:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer3...tm_source=share

Also, this rocks thank you! Looks like everything is the same as what was leaked?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Not exactly, no, but the changes are pretty minor. The rules used at the event were not representative of what's in the books

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
After playing my weekly AoS game at the local shop I talked about Horus Heresy with a guy in the shop who said that "reactions are cancer and they got to go" and complained about dreadnoughts being vulnerable to small arms fire now.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

AnEdgelord posted:

After playing my weekly AoS game at the local shop I talked about Horus Heresy with a guy in the shop who said that "reactions are cancer and they got to go" and complained about dreadnoughts being vulnerable to small arms fire now.

What a loving baby brained sook

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Endman posted:

What a loving baby brained sook

He also told me that "the new heresy edition is going to fail and all the old guard are going to buy the new set and laugh" and it took all of my restraint to keep from laughing in his face right in the middle of the shop

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Alpha Legion's different from the leak earlier in the thread.

"First Move/Shoot/Charge in a phase can't be reacted to" is replaced with "enemies treat you as 2 inches further away than you really are" which is... something?

Rewards of Treachery is now only one unit instead of three outside of the Coils ROW.

Mutable Tactics is just gone so being able to jack another legion's special rule on a unit is replaced by a honestly kinda underwhelming but potentially hilarous once per battle deep-strike redeploy reaction to being shot.

The funny loyalist WT stays the same, but Master of Lies again drops the anti-reaction ability for a beginning of the game redeployment, and Hydran Excurser drops the ability to steal another Legion Astartes rule for a weaker(?) Preferred Enemy?

Coils of the Hydra's mostly the same other than the extra Rewards of Treachery units and the stipulation that you need more regular AL units than Rewards units. Headhunter Leviathal's the same but the mention of Headhunters as troops no longer has "compulsory" but I don't know enough about the new construction rules to know if this is relevant.

Wargear remains mostly the same and thankfully the Headhunter sgt no longer needs to replace his dagger so can get an extra fist attack.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 30, 2022

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Alpha Legion's different from the leak earlier in the thread

"First Move/Shoot/Charge in a phase can't be reacted to" is replaced with "enemies treat you as 2 inches further away than you really are" which is... something?

Yeah the changes to Alpha Legion I'm not tickled about. That change you got there makes me very sad. Basically knocked the off of my list as potentional legion :(

Saw a paint guide with a nasty white armour scheme that I think would look killer on a DG list

Edit:
Night Lord's, Deathguard or Sons of Horus.
Down to those 3.....

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 30, 2022

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Yeah the changes to Alpha Legion I'm not tickled about. That change you got there makes me very sad. Basically knocked the off of my list as potentional legion :(

Saw a paint guide with a nasty white armour scheme that I think would look killer on a DG list

Edit:
Night Lord's, Deathguard or Sons of Horus.
Down to those 3.....

Do this

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Who the gently caress did that? I love that. That looks like some clever contrast stuff

I'd be all over that

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

feels like they just got... weirdly defense oriented? Or at least reaction oriented.

Also in the weird spot where as written they're a worse army against anything that isn't Astartes.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

AnEdgelord posted:

and all the old guard are going to buy the new set and laugh

Games workshop will surely be upset by this.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Who the gently caress did that? I love that. That looks like some clever contrast stuff

I'd be all over that

Maxime Pastourel, I think before Contrast line came out. He has a general DG guide, and a lot of army pics with some progress wherever his blog is.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Someone just sent me this. Yes in this quality...sorry about that.

This would corelate with the "less than 200 pounds".

Edit: Also exactly the same price as Ash Wastes.

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 09:28 on May 30, 2022

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Done except cleanup!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BULBASAUR posted:

Done except cleanup!

He’s happy!

Also does anyone know who did this fan art? I was commenting in Slack yesterday that it’s far better than the pencil drawing portrait of Jagatai Kahn, which is really weird because otherwise those are fantastic drawings. Kahn’s just looks like some white dude pretending to be a mongol or going to a glam metal concert…or Road Warriors 1980s match.

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

:stare:

That can’t be pre discount, can it? It works out to $234. Which even if it is post discount is still a great price.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 14:49 on May 30, 2022

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I'm interested to see what the ameribucks price is because I thought they said "under $300" and Ash Wastes was $300

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

I'm interested to see what the ameribucks price is because I thought they said "under $300" and Ash Wastes was $300

My thoughts are maybe they know that Ash Waste is largely at existing gamers so the price tag won't be such a big deal.
But they want to be able to push to Horus Heresy Starter to new players in stores and if they can keep it in the low to mid 200's that's an easier pill to swallow then 300?

I don't know the cost of current Starter sets to get people into the various games, and refuse to open a new tab and look, so maybe i'm completely off.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Marshal Prolapse posted:

:stare:

That can’t be pre discount, can it? It works out to $234. Which even if it is post discount is still a great price.

I run the numbers here.

Ash Wastes is £180 from GW web store and £152 in the cheapest retail store here.
So if this leak is true and this box is also £180 from GW...

AnEdgelord posted:

The only number I remember from the stream is "less than £200". But Ash Wastes is $299 from GW web store... sooooooooo...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Apologies if I missed it, but in which book(s) are the basic unit point costs/stats for the new version? I see all of the special unit details but nothing like "this is the standard Tactical Squad with wargear options and point costs".

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
If they were smart they wouldn't go the route of price gouging the American market by ignoring the exchange rate like that, as they use the box as a pseudo loss-leader(while still making a profit off of it) which would more than likely lead to people purchasing more weapon packs, armor packs, and vehicles.

But this is GW we are talking about. They are going to gouge us aren't they?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
In Canada the box + a single legion book is going to cost like 500 bucks because of the exchange rate and tax. I could buy an xbox with that money.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Pinwiz11 posted:

Apologies if I missed it, but in which book(s) are the basic unit point costs/stats for the new version? I see all of the special unit details but nothing like "this is the standard Tactical Squad with wargear options and point costs".

Both the Liber Astartes and Hereticus have the generic Legiones Astartes armylist+the loyalist/traitor units

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Transfer sheets and the MK3&4 boxes are direct only. The 20 man boxes are $80
Kratos tank is $125
Deimos is $47
Weapon boxes are $42
Books are $70
And the box is $299

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Lucinice posted:

In Canada the box + a single legion book is going to cost like 500 bucks because of the exchange rate and tax. I could buy an xbox with that money.

Ash Wastes MSRP in CAD is $360. So, about, what, $414 with tax?

So, yeah, about $500.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Transfer sheets and the MK3&4 boxes are direct only. The 20 man boxes are $80
Kratos tank is $125
Deimos is $47
Weapon boxes are $42
Books are $70
And the box is $299

Deimos is a little less than I thought it would be but the Books are a lot more than I thought they would be

Box is unfortunately right where I suspected it would be after people started talking about it being comparable to Ash Wastes

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
$70 for the codex is absurd but uuugggghhhh I guess I'll buy BOX

Edit-- oh and you can't get the rulebook outside of the box?? Uhhhh box it is

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 30, 2022

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lucinice posted:

Yeah as much as I like my plastic drugs it gets pretty absurd pretty quickly when it comes to the price

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So would it just be cheaper for an American to order it from a UK discount seller?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Marshal Prolapse posted:

So would it just be cheaper for an American to order it from a UK discount seller?

You can get them in the US for as low as $225 if you really hunt, so I’m not sure paying for international shipping on a heavy box is necessarily a great idea, but your mileage may vary.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Broken Record Talk posted:

You can get them in the US for as low as $225 if you really hunt, so I’m not sure paying for international shipping on a heavy box is necessarily a great idea, but your mileage may vary.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking too and honestly not including shipping the discount would probably be 20 bucks at most if that.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
there are plenty of discount sellers here in the bad old US of A

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

AnEdgelord posted:

the Books are a lot more than I thought they would be
Those books are fuckhueg, going off the HamCom post from yesterday, all three are 1032 pages in total.

I was chatting with some gaming buds that I kinda want to see the OG black books, red books, then the three 2.0 books all on one shelf to see how much of a log that is.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AnEdgelord posted:

Oh yeah, there is one five minutes from my house. I think I just goofed on price after discount and the exchange rate when doing some mental math.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

I loving wish. I can't find any near me in Utah and the best online poo poo i see is 15% off

I have the 3d printer and some STL's I need to get around to printing but i'd at least like to get the starter box + the books

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

AnEdgelord posted:

Both the Liber Astartes and Hereticus have the generic Legiones Astartes armylist+the loyalist/traitor units

Good to know. Has that part been posted anywhere? I'd like to look at them prior to the pre-order day to decide on other purchases.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pinwiz11 posted:

Good to know. Has that part been posted anywhere? I'd like to look at them prior to the pre-order day to decide on other purchases.

Check the OP for V1/V3 versions. Final versions haven't leaked yet, but probably will this week

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
So, if I'm reading that Games Workship article correctly, the Horus Heresy Big Box is available for pre order this weekend?

I love that old Rhino with the independently mounted bolters; 30k effectively leverages it pseudo historical setting as nostalgia.

I'm thinking of relativity inexpensive ways to build out the box just a bit: maybe Rhino, heavy weapon sprue, and possibly one more marine squad?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Jack B Nimble posted:

So, if I'm reading that Games Workship article correctly, the Horus Heresy Big Box is available for pre order this weekend?

I love that old Rhino with the independently mounted bolters; 30k effectively leverages it pseudo historical setting as nostalgia.

I'm thinking of relativity inexpensive ways to build out the box just a bit: maybe Rhino, heavy weapon sprue, and possibly one more marine squad?

I will be very surprised if we don't get a plastic Heresy-era assault marine kit relatively soon; in anticipation of that, I'm not buying much more than the big box for now, given how long it'll take to paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Yeah my intention right now is to pick up the big box, the legion book and potentially the SoH upgrade kit. Past that Im gonna wait for a bit.