Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I've been involved in trading a bit and yes, get some mail box upgrades if you want anything to do with it.
Best trade I did so far was 1k leather and I was glad the guy had 205 mailbox space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
35 spiders? Sure, it'll only take 5 years.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
What is the deal with salt? A fairly uncommon explore that takes 50 to make one? And I need 100s of it?

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Koryk posted:

What is the deal with salt? A fairly uncommon explore that takes 50 to make one? And I need 100s of it?

When you unlock WC you won’t have any trouble finding salt rocks.

E: also L6 Red Dragon brings you some; between the two, you’ll have plenty of salt relatively passively.

Kalman fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 30, 2022

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Koryk posted:

Yeah don't bother chasing that Salt quest until you unlock Whispering Creek. It'll still take a while but it'll drop much faster than in the other zone and you're getting better explore xp from it.

I've finally escaped Corn Jail and now I'm in honey/herbs/salt purgatory, but still too poor to get L6 pets.

Orchard is maxed to inventory size, bought the 1B farm row and storehouse upgrades, and just hanging out. Levels are 98/86/94/83 so should I start farming harder for nets to get 90 fishing? I have Large Island unlocked and should get to 1000 streak for the the xp bonus.

Are thre any good sources for antler besides Forest and the pet? (don't say wishing well lol)

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I’ve had WC unlocked for a week and have a total of 131 salt. I guess I’ve been too focused on using the oak instead of voiding it.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Lone Goat posted:

Yeah don't bother chasing that Salt quest until you unlock Whispering Creek. It'll still take a while but it'll drop much faster than in the other zone and you're getting better explore xp from it.

I've finally escaped Corn Jail and now I'm in honey/herbs/salt purgatory, but still too poor to get L6 pets.

Orchard is maxed to inventory size, bought the 1B farm row and storehouse upgrades, and just hanging out. Levels are 98/86/94/83 so should I start farming harder for nets to get 90 fishing? I have Large Island unlocked and should get to 1000 streak for the the xp bonus.

Are thre any good sources for antler besides Forest and the pet? (don't say wishing well lol)

Raptors for antlers. I get a full inventory of them every day at this point. Otherwise, it’s really just forest.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm not done with corn jail quest but I've been chasing the explore/fishing zone unlock quests instead and explore zone quest 16 is TWO CORN RUNESTONES.

Just when I try to get out they PULL ME BACK IN.

luckily I already have 1 and haven't reached the pity one yet so I won't have to grind for an unknown amount of time, but also gently caress. I was really hoping I could get to the zone and get a material for a monthly quest before wednesday, but now I' mgoing ot have to get very lucky.

E: also I have every farm upgrade that's cheaper than a billion, I've maxed my orchard (until I buy mor etree space with gold upgrades) sawmill, quarry, etc, so I'm wondering if it's time to save up a billion for a level 6 pet for another row of corn?

If I do save up a billion whats the best use of it? I'm at 300 million currently because I just got a 100,000 item mastery but it'll be awhile before another of those hits.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

There’s actually a library entry for recommendations on your first billion, and first ten billion. I’d stick with increased storehouse inventory growth.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Agent355 posted:

I'm not done with corn jail quest but I've been chasing the explore/fishing zone unlock quests instead and explore zone quest 16 is TWO CORN RUNESTONES.

luckily I already have 1 and haven't reached the pity one yet so I won't have to grind for an unknown amount of time, but also gently caress. I was really hoping I could get to the zone and get a material for a monthly quest before wednesday, but now I' mgoing ot have to get very lucky.

E: also I have every farm upgrade that's cheaper than a billion, I've maxed my orchard (until I buy mor etree space with gold upgrades) sawmill, quarry, etc, so I'm wondering if it's time to save up a billion for a level 6 pet for another row of corn?

If I do save up a billion whats the best use of it? I'm at 300 million currently because I just got a 100,000 item mastery but it'll be awhile before another of those hits.

Upgrade storehouse for more daily inventory, then the frog if you need gold leafs or feathers for quests or the macaw if you’ve got the last fishing zone unlocked for millions and millions of gold from large nets daily and some other great passive drops. Then probably green dragon for more millions of gold each day from spheres.

Then the 1b crop row.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Fhqwhgads posted:

I do love how helpful the community is, at least where I am still probably early-mid game. Sent a chat asking what a fair trade for 100 spiders would be and people just flooded my mailbox with them for free.

It's worth it spending some gold on mailbox upgrades for sure.

Yeah, often times if you ask for a resource in giveaways chat, people will just give you all the extra they needed to clear out of their inventory.

The things that you'll really see exchanged on the trade center tend to fall into either [1] massive bulk lots of things such as Rope (for Fishing Nets), Glass Orbs (for Lanterns, Steel, whatever), or Carbon Spheres (for Steel), or [2] goods that are extremely valuable at all stages of the game, such as Orange Juice, Lemonade, Fishing Nets, and the like. Orange Juice is the de facto currency of the trade center, because it's portable, tradable, and valuable.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Do quests just totally dry up around level 50-60? I liked having lots of goals to craft and collect things, but since then all I've got to do is farm a million corn or farm a million hops or farm a million carrots or try to do stupid manual fishing for gold fish. I keep levelling everything up hoping I'll unlock some new quests sometime but no dice

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Davedave24 posted:

Do quests just totally dry up around level 50-60? I liked having lots of goals to craft and collect things, but since then all I've got to do is farm a million corn or farm a million hops or farm a million carrots or try to do stupid manual fishing for gold fish. I keep levelling everything up hoping I'll unlock some new quests sometime but no dice

They do for a bit, yeah. I believe hitting high 60s is when they start to come back.

Meanwhile, I've got f'in Let's Play Pirates! II to tide me over :negative:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

They do keep unlocking, according to the library I have literally hundreds of quest left, they're based on levels tho so it's pretty uneven when I get them.

Though they do get alot harder so I only have like 10 available quests but each one is going to take at least some effort to do.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm kinda fine with only having like 9 active quests now, it was a bit overwhelming when I was like level 10 in everything and had 40 quests.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Davedave24 posted:

Unsure what you mean by dry up, but there still will be at least like 9-12 quests or something later on. I have that many at like ~80-90s in most things

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Agent355 posted:

Do the level six tree frog asap, then the armadillo level 3. This will remove the last roadblock to WC which otherwise will take forever and suck up all of your stamina for days/weeks and allow you put that stamina into more profitable explores than pre-Large Island forests.

The second billion comes much quicker that the first and doing the tree frog first will cost you 6-10 storage (2 a day for 3 to 5 days).

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

tildes posted:

Unsure what you mean by dry up, but there still will be at least like 9-12 quests or something later on. I have that many at like ~80-90s in most things

I looked at my completed quest log and I was unlocking and completing like 15-20 requests each day up until a little over a week ago, and after finishing the quests that unlocked around level 50 all I've gotten done is a few levels of 99 bottles, fine fishing, and cornundrum. I know they couldn't keep unlocking faster than I could complete them forever, but the dropoff seems insanely fast. My levels are 69, 63, 74, and 67 at this point, I would think some kind of quest line would have opened up between them and now.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The next BIG quest lines hit at exploring 68 and fishing 68 fwiw.

Also complaining about corn worked again because I hit a corn runestone on my very next harvest. I was at 130/300 corn and 1/2 runestones, now I'm 140/corn and 2/2 runestones and should be able to finish this quest today.

I have no idea at what point I'll get the compass in the questline but I really hope I can get it done tomorrow for 100 arnold palmers.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 30, 2022

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Agent355 posted:

If you have the Captain's Voyage questline unlocked it turns one corn rune into two. I'd definitely recommend doing it before the WC questline.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I do have that unlocked but I got lucky and got my corn rune anyway. I want to unlock the exploration zone if possible because there is a special request for blue gel which has a chonky reward and runs out soon.

Not sure I'll make it tho but we'll see.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Agent355 posted:

I do have that unlocked but I got lucky and got my corn rune anyway. I want to unlock the exploration zone if possible because there is a special request for blue gel which has a chonky reward and runs out soon.

Not sure I'll make it tho but we'll see.

Make sure you have enough Gold Leaf, you need 64.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

ugh, only 10, so not even close. Man the quests to unlock these zones are brutal.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Agent355 posted:

ugh, only 10, so not even close. Man the quests to unlock these zones are brutal.

The tower has some poo poo ones too. Still slowing plugging away at needing 150 of each golden fish.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

rafikki posted:

The tower has some poo poo ones too. Still slowing plugging away at needing 150 of each golden fish.

i just got to the one that wants 20 of five different ones and i'm already annoyed lol, guess I gotta start saving up for a capybara?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Lone Goat posted:

i just got to the one that wants 20 of five different ones and i'm already annoyed lol, guess I gotta start saving up for a capybara?

Yeah, honestly I’m pretty much relying on that and the wishing well. I’ll occasionally do some fishing but even with mealworms I don’t have much patience for that many drat casts.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

rafikki posted:

Yeah, honestly I’m pretty much relying on that and the wishing well. I’ll occasionally do some fishing but even with mealworms I don’t have much patience for that many drat casts.

Oh I'm not 99/99/99/99 yet so hopefully by the time I get to that point I'll have 6b lying around so I can start that grind I guess? I have no interest in mashing out a thousand fish so I hope this Find A Way questline isn't load-bearing lol

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
You need more than one corn rune in this game? Dear god. I feel like I've been doing this forever but have actually only harvested 2200 corn.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Vasler posted:

You need more than one corn rune in this game? Dear god. I feel like I've been doing this forever but have actually only harvested 2200 corn.

Sounds like you’re done with the first orb. There is a quest where you need 2. But another quest will give you two, if you give them. Then down the line another 1.

I’m currently at 83/85/95/80, and I needed a total of three Runestone 11s.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

obi_ant posted:

Sounds like you’re done with the first orb. There is a quest where you need 2. But another quest will give you two, if you give them. Then down the line another 1.

I’m currently at 83/85/95/80, and I needed a total of three Runestone 11s.

Yeah I'm done with the lava orb quest line. I've been stuck on Strange Stones VI for weeks now.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Hahahaha, finally finishing Parts Unknown XX off some lucky wishes to then get hitting with needing 700 corn for XXI and XXII is such a hilarious gently caress you. I feel like I’ve been growing corn for a month.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Finally hit 85 exploration and can buy the dragons, just in time for the Consequences step that requires 40 green cloaks.

e: cleared the request before I'd saved up the money for the daggums.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 31, 2022

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Hit 99 farming, now I just need, uh, 900,000,000 exploring XP to max that out oh no

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Exchange Centre (and a new quest gated by the Exchange Centre) just went live. If you still need Gold Leafs, well... hope you have Gold Feathers

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Ah dang, I spent my stamina poorly today then. Came so close to getting parts unknown finished in time to get blue gel but I think dice/spectacles will end up gating me. Still, nice to not have to worry about gold leaves as much any more. Does enough other stuff require it apart from the parts unknown quest that I should still get my frog to level 6?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

tildes posted:

Ah dang, I spent my stamina poorly today then. Came so close to getting parts unknown finished in time to get blue gel but I think dice/spectacles will end up gating me. Still, nice to not have to worry about gold leaves as much any more. Does enough other stuff require it apart from the parts unknown quest that I should still get my frog to level 6?

Eventually, yes. You'll need those gold feathers too.
https://buddy.farm/i/gold-leaf/
https://buddy.farm/i/gold-feather/

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Lone Goat posted:

Exchange Centre (and a new quest gated by the Exchange Centre) just went live. If you still need Gold Leafs, well... hope you have Gold Feathers

This bailed me out on completing it just now. 100 Arnold Palmers for me!

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Nice! Talk about coming down to the wire…

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

:sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
I started yesterday, name is Large Testicles like it is here, at least until someone complains and it gets changed.