Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
"Archie [Bunker] made complete sense when he talked about anything, really."

A thing that an actual human being genuinely believes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Holy poo poo, this chick just graduated from Harvard

https://twitter.com/emmaheussner/status/1529619962364665861

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Dubplate Fire posted:

Married with Children is progressive lol.

Conservatives and Jerry Falwell had an extremely public boycott campaign against that show.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

lmao these people exist in a racist dimension beyond parody:

Hazo posted:

The only programming options will be Birth of a Nation and the original unedited cut of Song of the South.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Hazo posted:

I love that take, makes me want to say. "Awesome! We're on the same page. Let's treat guns just like we treat cars, you need to be trained licenced and insured to own one."

I know I have no evidence to back this up, but I imagine she's a legacy.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dubplate Fire posted:

Married with Children is progressive lol.

It had a bunch of crude/semi-offensive stuff in it but yeah, it had a pretty obvious female empowerment theme running through the show (and mocking those that opposed it). Like just lol if you think “no ma’am” was supposed to be cool or that Al Bundy was the protagonist.

Also Kelly Bundy was pretty open about her sexuality and whipped all sorts of rear end if anyone messed with her or her family.

Almost all of the men in that show were either sniveling losers, has-beens or vacuous blow-dried morons.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 30, 2022

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

But I was told it was the teachers grooming kids

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
Everything about Married with Children was incredibly subversive at the time it aired. A lot of this was aimed at the patriarchy and the american dream, ie 'work hard and you'll get ahead'

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

It's weird to see so many Norman Lear shows on that list.

If they want to add "a Black 'All in the Family' analogue from their youthful days of the 90s and In Living Color" they should have included Roc. But it probably didn't have as many "LOL they're subversively making fun of prejudiced chuds by inserting jokes about minorities" moments.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

This got a real laugh. How loving stupid and ignorant is this person.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Hazo posted:

I forget, is Harvard one of those schools with a rigorous curriculum or is it the one where rich people get in on daddy's dime?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ubersandwich posted:

I love that take, makes me want to say. "Awesome! We're on the same page. Let's treat guns just like we treat cars, you need to be trained licenced and insured to own one."

I know I have no evidence to back this up, but I imagine she's a legacy.

Not to be a buzz kill, but this doesn't speak to anyone on their side because in truth you can own a car, or multiple cars without being trained, licensed, and insured. You can't USE one though without those things.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Hazo posted:

:lol: Harvard really is one of those schools that values its reputation so much that once you get in, they won't ever let you not graduate no matter how dumb you are

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Tetrabor posted:

I forget, is Harvard one of those schools with a rigorous curriculum or is it the one where rich people get in on daddy's dime?

If you have the money to go to a fancy pants prep school that are impossible to fail and can then afford a big gift to the school, most any "elite" school is quite easy to get in to.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

SocketWrench posted:

Not to be a buzz kill, but this doesn't speak to anyone on their side because in truth you can own a car, or multiple cars without being trained, licensed, and insured. You can't USE one though without those things.

It is also notably more difficult to get a car into the average school.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

pro starcraft loser posted:

Not so much for MTG's district, but in others. Basically "This is what the GOP supports and endorses"

They already did this. Jewish Space Lasers was all over CNN and didn't really change much beyond making a few centerist types tug at their collar while trying to explain why they still support everything she stands for. Also, if anyone wanted to try to embarrass the GOP they could just run footage of literally any moment of the Trump presidency, but because the GOP is a shameless fascist death cult and the American people are vacuous morons with goldfish memories that's not going to do much either.

I have no idea if MTG supported wheelchair nazi when he was talking about the coke orgies, but given that she and her husband have an open relationship and they're into hotwife stuff I would guess you couldn't really do much with that either. She's not really the subtle type so pretty much everyone already knows what she's about and are a-okay with it as long as she makes the crazies feel good about themselves.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Pook Good Mook posted:

If you have the money to go to a fancy pants prep school that are impossible to fail and can then afford a big gift to the school, most any "elite" school is quite easy to get in to.

Or she's trying to drive engagement.

She seems to have gotten herself here.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Just lmao that living color is on that list which was at the time, one of the only “made by black people for black people” shows in existence that had acts like Tribe Called Quest and NWA perform.

Edit: also just remembered notoriously “pro-white hick” rapper Common performed on living color. Just lmao

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 30, 2022

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

This owns because you can hear the stupid loving Neanderthals actually applauding at the end

https://twitter.com/TheGoodLiars/status/1531019935308304386?s=20&t=WJ-asT02v4CJq4apP0pVyg

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Asterite34 posted:

:lol: Harvard really is one of those schools that values its reputation so much that once you get in, they won't ever let you not graduate no matter how dumb you are

Gonna put this out there and sound like a dick, anecdotes are not data, etc. etc.

I have never met a Harvard graduate that wasn’t as dumb as a box of rocks.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Gimme dat petri meat

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Petrie dish to meaty delish.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

funeral home DJ posted:

Gonna put this out there and sound like a dick, anecdotes are not data, etc. etc.

I have never met a Harvard graduate that wasn’t as dumb as a box of rocks.

:hmmyes:

barmk ima dog lol
Apr 6, 2022

Hazo posted:

Went to Harvard to become an internet rodeo clown. It's much safer than being a real rodeo clown!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Another Bill posted:

Everything about Married with Children was incredibly subversive at the time it aired. A lot of this was aimed at the patriarchy and the american dream, ie 'work hard and you'll get ahead'

It was also a direct reaction to the family sitcoms that were prevalent during the 1980s, all of which were usually only slight variations on the basic formula of "sensible husband with a good job who gets a little frazzled at times but always dispenses wisdom, incredibly attractive wife who is successful in both her career and home life, and at least three kids: the lovable brainy smart-aleck, the lovable doofy one, and the lovable precocious toddler". Usually with a side of "friend/neighbor who's a bit goofier than the main characters but still essentially good".

MWC had the loser husband who works a lovely job and hates his lot in life; the wife who doesn't work either in or out of the home, and spends money like it's going out of style; the airhead daughter who's politely described as "easy"; the dorky son who's hopeless with girls; and the neighbors next door who barely tolerate them (and vice versa). It was about as subversive as a live-action sitcom could get in the 1980s, which of course made it a huge success with people who were beyond bored with the standard sitcom formula previously described.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Fresh hot :lol: regarding what shows should be on Trump network

"This isn't even Boomer hype, I'm Gen X"

Yeah that's the problem

Boomers are a cultural blight who vehemently refuse to let human society move past 1986 for some incredibly fuckin stupid god drat reason until we smash their phylacteries

What is the average of of the user of the Donald? Like 55?

I thought they were young Pedes there

Also you can literally watch all of those shows now on METV and Nick & Nite

These people are so loving stunted it's unreal

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hazo posted:

I had a co-worker try to drop this thinking once during lunch. "You can rent a truck and go and run over a crowded area!" I responded that you have to be 25 to rent and they require you to show a driver's license, which requires you to have taken a driving test and drive for a certain amount of hours and also to pass a written test so the process is already regulated.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

WhyteRyce posted:

I had a co-worker try to drop this thinking once during lunch. "You can rent a truck and go and run over a crowded area!" I responded that you have to be 25 to rent and they require you to show a driver's license, which requires you to have taken a driving test and drive for a certain amount of hours and also to pass a written test so the process is already regulated.

also after the first time someone did this, most large buildings immediately installed concrete barriers to prevent it

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Pro tip you can rent a uhaul at 18

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Hazo posted:

Sure are a lot of elderly white "students" in that audience.

Also, from the comments, I guess a new Clout-Chasing Nazi White Chick just dropped, Fox News spot incoming:

https://twitter.com/emmaheussner/status/1530934325960749056?s=20&t=KbV4mZ6kNWYtxIGGTasWVw

https://twitter.com/emmaheussner/status/1530982532682027009

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Well looking forward to hearing from this complete piece of poo poo for the rest of my loving life.

Or at least until she isn't "hot" anymore.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

haljordan posted:

also after the first time someone did this, most large buildings immediately installed concrete barriers to prevent it

if you think about it, a concrete barrier is a lot like arming teachers

no i will not be taking questions at this time

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

This is what peak performance looks like

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Standing perfectly normal, with one leg crossed over the other. :wtf:

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

barmk ima dog lol posted:

Went to Harvard to become an internet rodeo clown. It's much safer than being a real rodeo clown!

But enough about Smol Ben.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
One of the suggestions for the Trump network shows is Whitest Kids U Know, and I have to wonder if it's because of the first word in the name.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Outrail posted:

This got a real laugh. How loving stupid and ignorant is this person.

What, you never heard of the famous Georgia peach tree dish?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

IQ is made up but of course Trust Fund Blue Blood girl thinks Social Darwinism is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus
married with children airs on MTV in canada literally all the time. they're airing 6 more episodes just today. they have 11 seasons of it on their website that you can watch for free. how much loving married with children do you need bro