Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

titty_baby_ posted:

Theres one down the street from me at the corner store..which sells basic groceries, liquor, and vapes/tobacco products. Ive never seen anyone use it

I think this thread decided a long time ago they were just mining rigs using someone else's electricity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It probably doesn't help that the way economics has been taught in the Western world for the last 100 years is basically phrenology that leaves one unqualified for any job that doesn't involve cheerleading for the rich and telling everyone how important it is to give them all the money.

Plz tell me about Eastern world economics

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aORxBR-DTYY

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

feedmegin posted:

Psst, hey buddy, wanna buy some Hell Money? Can't get nowhere in the afterlife without it.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I miss bison dollars

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

feedmegin posted:

Moral and upright Easterners do Good Economics, while decadent Westerners do Bad Economics. Now you too can be a tankie.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

How are u posted:

Moral and upright Easterners do Good Economics, while decadent Westerners do Bad Economics. Now you too can be a tankie.

People still whine about tankie.

Outside D&D

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

People still whine about tankie.

Outside D&D

there are no tanks in dungeons and dragons, idiot.

except, like, beefcakes with shields.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The only Bitcoin ATM I can remember seeing around here is situated in a vast hallway in a dying strip mall on the way to the movie theater. I have never seen anyone use it. The last time I went past it I did notice it had an exposed USB port and keypad on the side, so I'm sure it is very, very secure.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Strumpie posted:

there are no tanks in dungeons and dragons, idiot.

except, like, beefcakes with shields.

apparatus of kwalish counts 😡

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

ikanreed posted:

apparatus of kwalish counts 😡

That's a lobster-mech, not a tank :colbert:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Luis Capuci more like Loser Kaputchi

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 30, 2022

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

NumptyScrub posted:

That's a lobster-mech, not a tank :colbert:

Mechs are just the subset of tanks that walk :colbert::smug:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Extra Large Marge posted:

Psst, hey buddy, wanna buy some Hell Money? Can't get nowhere in the afterlife without it.

Hell money raises some serious questions about the economics of hell. I assume that everyone burning billions in hell money means that you have to have wheelbarrows full of it to just get a hell candy bar out of the machine while you're waiting in line. If you did manage to get enough hell money to live off of, how long would it last? Can you invest your hell dollars wisely? Should you deposit all your hell dollars in the bank of hell, or are they like hell's federal reserve?

Yeah, I know it's trivial to poke holes in a belief system like that, but I'm still wondering how they think the hell economy is supposed to run when you're giving everyone fat stacks of cash. It feels like you should be equally well off with no hell cash given how hosed up the economy has to be.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Extra Large Marge posted:

Man inflation must be doing a number on the older ghosts who were buried with only a fraction of the money that modern ghosts get. Imagine great grandpa sadly watching as the nouveau riche dead buy up all the best afterlife property

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1531399557740957698

help i put all my savings into a project that's just a copy of a different project with the colours changed and it didn't moon, what do i do

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

repiv posted:

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1531399557740957698

help i put all my savings into a project that's just a copy of a different project with the colours changed and it didn't moon, what do i do

It was clearly a....superlative copy.

Seriously the amount of grifting in crypto is so bad and half assed, I'm genuinely impressed with how much it just repeats continually and someone expects it to be different.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Millions of dollars into a clone of a clone of a few hundred bits on someone else's computer.

Every time I try to put crypto poo poo into a real world framework I get another aneurysm.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hillary 2024 posted:

Man inflation must be doing a number on the older ghosts who were buried with only a fraction of the money that modern ghosts get. Imagine great grandpa sadly watching as the nouveau riche dead buy up all the best afterlife property

There is absolutely a tabletop campaign in this.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Seriously the amount of grifting in crypto is so bad and half assed, I'm genuinely impressed with how much it just repeats continually and someone expects it to be different.

In addition to speedrunning the history of finance they are replaying the history of scams, over and over and over again.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

5k gone

Apes all melted

Still had 1 x slurp left

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

In addition to speedrunning the history of finance they are replaying the history of scams, over and over and over again.

They've speedrunned (spedrunned? Speedran?) so fast they lapped themselves.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Celsius CEO having a normal one

https://twitter.com/MikeBurgersburg/status/1531378540318445569

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Yes this is Bank of America support, please HODL MODE while we empty your account.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

don't sleep fam, those TROPTIONS PROFITS are bringing us Heroes of the Ring Championship Wrestling

https://twitter.com/troptions2017/status/1528580464746844160

HODL

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hillary 2024 posted:

I am not an expert but the way its treated in my family is the money is only good for a transitory stage while you get sorted to the correct final destination. So grandpa long ago moved on and his property is contest by new ghosts and so on and so forth and the money the dead spend is lost permanently, as are any physical gifts you give them so the whole thing is basically just a money sink.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

if cryptocurrency can televise just one backyard wrestling tournament, then maybe this will all be worth it

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

istewart posted:

don't sleep fam, those TROPTIONS PROFITS are bringing us Heroes of the Ring Championship Wrestling

https://twitter.com/troptions2017/status/1528580464746844160

HODL

Well poo poo, forget everything I said about crypto being bad

E: but only if the announcers replace the word "hold" to bring it up to date with crypto speak, as in "he's got him in a sleeper HODL"

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Well poo poo, forget everything I said about crypto being bad

E: but only if the announcers replace the word "hold" to bring it up to date with crypto speak, as in "he's got him in a sleeper HODL"

"He's got it locked in--the Diamond Hands! The ref is checking Johnny Bagholder, but he is out for the count! That's another victory for Satoshi the Cybillionaire!"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
is there a level above diamond? what about shark hands? like dont most competative games have tiers above diamond?

Shark is harder and smoother than Diamond. MEMESHIT if we bark stupid meme poo poo surely our numbers will go ssj moon!!!!!

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

depleted uranium hands

drk
Jan 16, 2005
oh my

https://heroesoftheringchampionshipwrestling.com/lookbook/

spot the Troptions VIP Zone

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

They have a gay vampire, so it can’t be all that bad

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

everyone gives EA sports a lot of poo poo over every stupid move they do but you got to appreciate them sponsoring an amateur wrestler

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

drk posted:

With Garland E. Harris' miraculous new invention, I dont even have to carry around my pig to trade!

call me old fashioned, but i prefer to solve these problems with "money"

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Does anyone have the timeline for the New York investigation into Tether and their USDT printing runs where they print as much as they can before the 30 days and then stop as it starts?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Random Stranger posted:

Hell money raises some serious questions about the economics of hell. I assume that everyone burning billions in hell money means that you have to have wheelbarrows full of it to just get a hell candy bar out of the machine while you're waiting in line. If you did manage to get enough hell money to live off of, how long would it last? Can you invest your hell dollars wisely? Should you deposit all your hell dollars in the bank of hell, or are they like hell's federal reserve?

Yeah, I know it's trivial to poke holes in a belief system like that, but I'm still wondering how they think the hell economy is supposed to run when you're giving everyone fat stacks of cash. It feels like you should be equally well off with no hell cash given how hosed up the economy has to be.

It's a fun excuse to celebrate your ancestors with arts and crafts projects. They also do it in Mexico and burn effigies of things up to entire cars.

Also, China actually has had its own economic studies for centuries. There's a whole thing about it.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They also do it in Mexico and burn effigies of things up to entire cars.

We like to burn effigies of our politicians. And I'm always amused how Americans get so offended when they see that :v: lol

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

notwithoutmyanus posted:

It's extraordinary. If it was on the street it would be people watching someone walk up to their friend and say "If you give me a thousand dollars I'll give you this Rolex" then just taking the money and not giving them the watch. Then literally turning to them and saying "If you give me a thousand dollars I'll give you this Rolex" and then handing them $1000. Then as he walks away another person appears and says "if you give me a thousand dollars I'll give you this Rolex with a gold strap" and both our victims suggest they walk to an ATM to get some more cash out.

And the first watch is clearly a Casio and the second guy doesn't even have a watch.

It's the biggest grift machine ever. And when it all blows up, billions are lost and the dust finally settles, some gently caress who stole everyone's money will still be a billionaire and will be one of the judges in Shark Tank. What a world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Illuminti posted:

It's the biggest grift machine ever. And when it all blows up, billions are lost and the dust finally settles, some gently caress who stole everyone's money will still be a billionaire and will be one of the judges in Shark Tank. What a world

Bitcoin can never crash because it has a floor value equal to the cost of all the electricity stored inside each coin.