Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

Alawys Sunny is woke comedy? They have like half a dozen episodes banned from streaming because how un-woke it is.

They've been toning it down recently but that's like the last show I'd use as an example of woke comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

pro starcraft loser posted:

Maybe some semblance of gun control will come about when red America realizes most cops will only maybe sorta try to think about assaulting a gunman murdering a bunch of 4th graders when they think they are out of ammo/kids.

Lmao. No. These fuckers have already shown that they will gladly let their families/kids and often themselves die to own the libs.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/holyspacemonkey...%5Es1_&ref_url=

MERICA

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

mobby_6kl posted:

Alawys Sunny is woke comedy? They have like half a dozen episodes banned from streaming because how un-woke it is.

They've been toning it down recently but that's like the last show I'd use as an example of woke comedy.

I can see the argument for it. Sunny is hecka subversive, especially in the later seasons.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Why handguns? Are ARs already illegal?

Actually, yes.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mobby_6kl posted:

The characters are absolutely not “woke” and they are all supposed to be terrible loving people. Dennis is a creepy narcissistic rapist and possibly a pedophile. Frank is a sociopath, Dee is an opportunistic selfish rear end in a top hat, and Mac is (was) a deeply closeted MAGA type. Charlie is the only one who displays any altruism at all but he also stalks and constantly sexually harasses a woman to the point it ruins her life (his irl wife).

At no point are you supposed to look at the it’s always Sunny crew and go “yeah, these people are cool”. That’s the point. Most if not all of the actors and crew involved lean very far to the left. Some of the actors when interviewed have been pretty incredulous that anyone would idolize any of those characters.

They’ve broken the 4th wall a bunch of times to let their agenda be known but I suppose that would be lost on chuds.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Whether Sunny is our isn't some narrow definition of woke, it shows you can be nasty and offensive and get away with it if it's in service of a good progressive message, even have your audience be mostly the "wokes" - and that all the chuds complaining they got cancelled because of a naughty word and nothing more are full of poo poo.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
The banned episodes is just corpos covering their rear end, it's just pure optics and has nothing to do with any actual outrage or the message in these episodes.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Outrail posted:

This got a real laugh. How loving stupid and ignorant is this person.

Dumb enough that she's going to be the first female POTUS.

um... lol?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

12:11 p.m.
A police officer with a megaphone announces to the crowd outside that “When the kids get moved, we’re going to move them to the back of the funeral home,” referring to Hillcrest Memorial Funeral Home across the street. “That’s where we want y’all waiting at,” he says.

probably not the best place to tell parents to reunite at.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Last time I can recall SNL was even close to making a good bit was when Matt Damon opened as the beer chugging Kavanaugh.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

mobby_6kl posted:

Tell me you have never watched it's always sunny in Philadelphia without telling me you have never watched it's always sunny in Philadelphia.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

SocketWrench posted:

Hahaha, no. The red part of america doesn't give a poo poo. As long as it isn't their kid, this doesn't matter to them. The only thing that matters is blaming liberals and protecting poor, innocent guns

Or you could be like the chud father in Parkland and even when it is your kid in high school USE HER DEATH TO PROMOTE THE NRA AND TRUMP

Like, that fucker is a next level piece of poo poo, he was asked point-blank if he could have saved his daughter by giving up his guns he said he would keep his guns because the freedom Americans have to do that is more important

Drink in how loving Sociopathic and Presidential these chuds are

They will let their own kids die for their loving Lunatic cult

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 30, 2022

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

mobby_6kl posted:

Rob McElhenney has repeatedly publicly apologized for using the word "tranny" in earlier episodes, and Glenn Howerton refuses to use his first name for the Dennis character, unlike the other two male leads, because of how loving awful and disgusting Dennis is.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
Right, I'm aware of this. They're all good people IRL. I just don't think a show where you have to apologize for poo poo like that is the best example of woke comedy.

B-Rock452 posted:

Tell me you have never watched it's always sunny in Philadelphia without telling me you have never watched it's always sunny in Philadelphia.
I've watched literally every single episode. You'd get banned or at leasted probated here for saying some of the stuff said on the show especially in the earlier seasons. Yes obviously they're all supposed to be terrible people but if you dropped slurs or posted selfies in blackface here and said haha I'm only pretending to be a racist, how do you think that would go.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 30, 2022

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
"the gang rigs an election" with dr. Mantis Toboggan

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/harddrivemag/status/1531401966567493634?s=21&t=W1Uazl-Vr1QtJPKll2q2zQ
The day is a little better knowing that Hard Drive managed to get under Elon’s skin so hard. We gotta take every victory we can and a billionaire’s day is a little shittier today because he was stupid enough to think he could be funny

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hazo posted:

Rob McElhenney has repeatedly publicly apologized for using the word "tranny" in earlier episodes, and Glenn Howerton refuses to use his first name for the Dennis character, unlike the other two male leads, because of how loving awful and disgusting Dennis is.

Also again - the transperson in question was treated with dignity by the show itself while the main characters were the morons and Mac’s hang up ends up costing him the relationship. Then she ends up happily married while the “it’s always Sunny crew” is still a bunch of miserable assholes. It’s not exactly subtle

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the fact that the always sunny characters are all super terrible makes it even funnier when they encounter someone even they have contempt for

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

abigserve posted:

"the gang rigs an election" with dr. Mantis Toboggan

And his monster song

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

EVIL Gibson posted:

probably not the best place to tell parents to reunite at.

Right?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

hawowanlawow posted:

the fact that the always sunny characters are all super terrible makes it even funnier when they encounter someone even they have contempt for

…and this was never hammered home harder than the MAGA episode last year where howerton stares directly at the camera and literally says, “Wow you’d have to be a stupid loving rear end in a top hat to buy into any of this poo poo”

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/harddrivemag/status/1531401966567493634?s=21&t=W1Uazl-Vr1QtJPKll2q2zQ
The day is a little better knowing that Hard Drive managed to get under Elon’s skin so hard. We gotta take every victory we can and a billionaire’s day is a little shittier today because he was stupid enough to think he could be funny

There was no reason for them to apologize. Lame.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Gutter Phoenix posted:

lol read the article

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Steadiman posted:

imaging being rich enough to do all your wildest fantasies and instead you are mad on the internet all day like the rest of us losers

lol

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Did you read it?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Musk is right now furiously trying to figure out if he can reverse course and actually buy Twitter.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Hazo posted:

and Glenn Howerton refuses to use his first name for the Dennis character, unlike the other two male leads, because of how loving awful and disgusting Dennis is.

I don't get you. Do you mean Howerton won't say the name "Dennis" at all?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

marshalljim posted:

Musk is right now furiously trying to figure out if he can reverse course and actually buy Twitter.

If Hard Drive keeps dunking on him, Elon’s gonna end up buying them for $500 billion and calling it a win

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

marshalljim posted:

Musk is right now furiously trying to figure out if he can reverse course and actually buy Twitter Hard Drive.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

He'll end up paying 100 million for Babylon Bee.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

MrMojok posted:

I don't get you. Do you mean Howerton won't say the name "Dennis" at all?

They meant that Glenn wouldn't use his real first name for the character, like how Charlie Day is Charlie and Rob McElhenney used part of his last name for Mac.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Why handguns? Are ARs already illegal?

Handguns are way more dangerous than ARs, the main reason people have a handgun is for an easily transportable and concealable way to kill people. It is a very effective tool for that function, and is unsurprisingly used for most murders.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

has anyone posted "lol" yet?

MadcapLaughs
Mar 17, 2007

Hand guns are made for killin'
They ain't no good for nothin' else.
And if you like to drink your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself.
So why don't we dump 'em people
To the bottom of the sea
Before some ol' fool come around here
Wanna shoot either you or me.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Call Your Grandma posted:

has anyone posted "lol" yet?

Not now Trump Train. Not now.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Doctor Butts posted:

He'll end up paying 100 million for Babylon Bee.

Would you say that not accepting his offer would be a rare miss from the Babylon Bee?

E:

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 31, 2022

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Silly question re: US gun laws.

Does "open carry" only apply to US citizens/residents. I.E. could I, as a tourist, go to Oklahoma (as an example), wander into a gun shop, buy a pistol, and then walk out of the shop with it waving it around all willynilly?

Or if the shop wont sell it to me, (they don't accept my Aus. passport as valid ID), could I borrow my cousin in Florida's gun and carry that around to the beach, and the ice ream shop etc. and other places where I NEED to be armed with a deadly weapon?

Honestly though, as far as I know neither my cousin in Florida nor my cousin in San Francisco owns guns. Foolish freedom hating cucks that they are.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

BrigadierSensible posted:

Does "open carry" only apply to US citizens/residents. I.E. could I, as a tourist, go to Oklahoma (as an example), wander into a gun shop, buy a pistol, and then walk out of the shop with it waving it around all willynilly?

Or if the shop wont sell it to me, (they don't accept my Aus. passport as valid ID), could I borrow my cousin in Florida's gun and carry that around to the beach, and the ice ream shop etc. and other places where I NEED to be armed with a deadly weapon?

Honestly though, as far as I know neither my cousin in Florida nor my cousin in San Francisco owns guns. Foolish freedom hating cucks that they are.

There are federal laws that prohibit "illegal aliens" from possessing firearms, so I think you would need to be a US citizen.

I also learned while looking this up that in Texas when they passed the open carry law there are a few people who can't open carry a gun, mostly involving past crimes, but also if you are intoxicated. However, there is an exception that if you are intoxicated on your own property then drunken gun wielding is A-OK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Its up to the gunstore, but in my experience most of them are cowardly and will not want to sell to you as the 2nd amendment is for citizens so to you there are likely laws on the books in their state (in addition to the federal level laws) prohibiting sales or ownership (and possibly even just use) to foreigners.