Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It is not in fact a good Rall. In fact the power to change this does lie with the US legislature, and the executive branch has been doing everything in its power to address the issue, including rulemakings and applying public pressure on the legislature, which is the very action that Rall is mocking. It's the same as always, fact-free misdirection intended to induce cynical detachment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

by Cai Meng

Another "article" that repurposes previous comics, some we haven't seen:

quote:

Mass shootings only one of US violations of human rights
By Zhang Zhouxiang

Two mass shootings happened in the US in May, which dimmed its light as a "beacon of human rights".

The Buffalo shooting was a racist attack as most of the victims were African Americans.

Besides gun violence, US people also face threat from the COVID-19 pandemic, which has already killed 1 million people.

The US has many more scandals than this. Previously it was reported to "trade" prisoners in the private prison system.

In May, an inner document of the supreme federal court was leaked, which caused many US women to protest against the possible deprivation of right to have an abortion.

With all these problems at home, the US' National Endowment for Democracy continued seeking trouble abroad.

US politicians should look at the problems at home, rather than trying to cause them overseas.

Le Monde

by Emad Hajjaj from Jordan

Charlie Hebdo

Balkany has lost weight
"I can't keep my chains nor electronic bracelet on."

Balkany is/was a very corrupt mayor of a Parisian suburb, to put it mildly.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

my favourite thing about these comics is there's always a bunch of people in the replies who want to gently caress the donkey. it's the only political cartoon that's thriving for the same reason they had to delete the tony the tiger twitter account

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Is this referring to something recent? Last time I checked the Biden administration had dramatically reduced drone strikes.

Are we ramping them back up again?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings’ jubilee jamboree – The UK is gearing up to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II’s 70 years on the throne with a wide variety of events"

Telegraph:

Full list of Tories who have called for Boris Johnson to resign

Independent:

Times:

After 20 years, crown mark is restored to pint glasses

Evening Standard:

"The Standard View: Amid calls to cede territory, the West must not reward Vladimir Putin’s aggression"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Is this referring to something recent? Last time I checked the Biden administration had dramatically reduced drone strikes.

No, but the target audience is reality-resistant.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I'd be interested in what y'all consider the acceptable amount of assassinations

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Cutting US civilian murder by half is still a shitton of civilian murder. It's gonna be relevant until the entire program of civilian assassination is ended.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

No, but the target audience is reality-resistant.

They're still doing drone-strikes, DV. You're the one trying to resist reality.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/19/us/politics/afghanistan-drone-strike-video.html

Just in case you forgot the time we murdered 7 kids, less than a year ago. It's not unreasonable to want this poo poo to stop entirely.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I don't know if it's directly referencing anything recent, but the whole "Vote for us or else the Bad Red Team will win!" is commonly tossed out as a reason to stop asking questions of our betters and just vote like we're told.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:
Most cartoons are about the new Coalition leaders: Peter Dutton replaces Morrison unopposed as leader of the Liberal party (and opposition leader), Sussan Ley is the Liberal deputy. David Littleproud topples Barnaby Joyce in a party vote to become leader of the Nationals.

Rowe:

Knight:

Warren Brown:

Lethbridge:

Wilcox:

Pope:

Canberra Liberals take stock as Zed Seselja faces losing ACT Senate seat to independent David Pocock (ABC). David Pocock is a former rugby player who played openside flanker. The ACT only has two senators picked through preferential voting which as a system has solidly delivered one Labor, one Liberal; so an independent managing to take one of the seats is a big deal.

Spooner:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

kartikeya posted:

Oh, look, it's the exact same loving cartoon he did last time.

I love that he drew something that literally can't kill kids. "THIS IS WHY KIDS ARE DYING" he says drawing a picture of a shooter with the gun removed, now incapable of shooting anyone.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Yes, god bless the children.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Clay Jones

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Michael Ramirez

Marshall Ramsey

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Wait, I thought you said it was because of no-fault divorce?

Tony Branco

quote:

Always Remember: Memorial Day is for those who lost their lives serving our country veterans day is for all that have served.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

It is not in fact a good Rall. In fact the power to change this does lie with the US legislature, and the executive branch has been doing everything in its power to address the issue, including rulemakings and applying public pressure on the legislature, which is the very action that Rall is mocking. It's the same as always, fact-free misdirection intended to induce cynical detachment.

drat, well surely the Congress will exercise its power to- bwahahahaha

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mass Murderers have a second, smaller skull inside their normal skull. Frankly, this would cause anyone to be agitated.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Not sure how you commit mass murder without a cerebellum, but it’s worth taking into consideration.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Ruben Bolling remains the best, pulling no punches.

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 31, 2022

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fister Roboto posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/19/us/politics/afghanistan-drone-strike-video.html

Just in case you forgot the time we murdered 7 kids, less than a year ago. It's not unreasonable to want this poo poo to stop entirely.

Okay, fair enough, it's an "any amount is too much" type situation.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

All these assholes screaming it’s not guns, it’s mental illness would be putting out cartoons being mad their tax dollars would be going to mental health care if we actually took their argument at face value and did something based on it

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

No. No no no no no no NO. You do NOT get the right to blame this on some nameless entity when you just made a comic blaming "wokeness" and whatever other garbage your brain farted out.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy
Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Dr. VooDoo posted:

All these assholes screaming it’s not guns, it’s mental illness would be putting out cartoons being mad their tax dollars would be going to mental health care if we actually took their argument at face value and did something based on it

Oh no doubt. They'd be complaining that we're spending millions on mental health instead of that money going to shooting foreigners in the face.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Australian unionist cartoonist Sam Wallman has a book out, "Our Members Be Unlimited"

https://scribepublications.com.au/books-authors/books/our-members-be-unlimited-9781925713053

quote:

In our current political climate, people are looking for answers — and alternatives. The promise of unions is that their ‘members be unlimited’: that they don’t belong to the rich, the powerful, or special interests, but to all workers.

How did the idea of unionism arise? Where has it flourished? And what are its challenges in the 21st century? From Britain to Bangladesh, from the first union of the 18th century to today, from solidarity in Walmart China to his own experiences in an Amazon warehouse in Melbourne, comics journalist Sam Wallman explores the urge to come together and cooperate that arises again and again in workers and workplaces everywhere.

With a dynamic and distinctive art style, and writing that’s both thoughtful and down to earth, Our Members Be Unlimited serves as an entry point for young people or those new to these notions of collective action, but also as an invigorating read to those already engaged in the struggle for better working conditions — and a better world.

The Guardian's published a sample of 20 pages https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/may/31/pissing-while-walking-is-tricky-inside-an-amazon-warehouse-a-cartoonist-starts-a-union

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Really made me think

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Huh?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
gently caress I always knew that comic artists are spineless slimeballs but how do you churn out cartoons about the Uvalde mass shooting and the veterans day right after another and don't feel the emotional whiplash you're providing :psyduck:

Catching up after the weekend is always a trip, but seeing cartoons about children shot in a classroom right next to images of cemetaries with an american flag and the words "thank you" in one morning is loving wild for me let me tell ya. Especially since it took me like 4 of them to realize that it's a national holiday for you guys in US and not cartoonists suddenly shifting to thanking the dead children for dying in a mass shooting so they can have freedom.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Really made me think

I was wondering "who the gently caress still talks about intelligent design" until I saw the 2006 copyright. Just one of those things that vanished when Bush left office.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Republicans posted:

I was wondering "who the gently caress still talks about intelligent design" until I saw the 2006 copyright. Just one of those things that vanished when Bush left office.

It's still around, as far as I know. Answers in Genesis still exists as a group, at least; I'd have to do some more research to understand how the talking points may have shifted/faded.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Discendo Vox posted:

It's still around, as far as I know. Answers in Genesis still exists as a group, at least; I'd have to do some more research to understand how the talking points may have shifted/faded.

They don't seem to keen on ID based on that comic. ID tries to be as vague as possible when it comes to what the "designer" is and argues that it could be anything. To the fervent believer this is wishy-washy bullshit. If you mean God say God.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
"Intelligent Design" only ever existed as a Trojan horse to sneak creationism into school curriculums. Nowadays the Dominionists don't bother with that level of subtlety.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Fister Roboto posted:

Why oh why won't Biden withdraw all the troops from Afghanistan? That warmongering gently caress.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson’s plans to revive imperial measures – The PM is understood to be readying an announcement on the return of pounds and yards to mark the Queen’s platinum jubilee"

Telegraph:

Jubilee ‘killjoys’ warn against unauthorised street parties

Matt:

Uefa accused of 'narrative of lies' to blame Liverpool fans for Champions League final trouble

Times:

Millions warned of power cuts this winter

Evening Standard:

List of prime ministers of the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

JamesBont posted:

No. No no no no no no NO. You do NOT get the right to blame this on some nameless entity when you just made a comic blaming "wokeness" and whatever other garbage your brain farted out.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy
Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall

"You know what the real problem is? Hate. Kids are taught to hate, teens are taught to hate, probably by those loving groomer commies and queers and transes"

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Honestly what is the conservative solution to mass shootings if they're correct and it is a cultural problem/desensitization/violence culture?

How do you fix that? Ban violent media? Forced morality/religious indoctrination? Do they want to spend more on mental health care? Obviously no to the last one.

I never hear a feasible answer to how you rewire an entire society if that is truly the problem and not guns.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Theocracy. Their endgame has always been an authoritarian theocracy.

Whenever republican solutions turn out to not work, the answer will be that you just didn't indoctrinate or oppress hard enough.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Really made me think

For reference, Colossians 1:16 says that God made everything and Isaiah 45:18 says that God made everything (and there are no other Gods). Those same sentiments are also in a hundred other places in the bible, so he could have just written "See: Bible" at the bottom, but that would rely on him or any of his audience having actually read the bible and that's obviously not going to happen

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Grimdude posted:

Honestly what is the conservative solution to mass shootings if they're correct and it is a cultural problem/desensitization/violence culture?

How do you fix that? Ban violent media? Forced morality/religious indoctrination? Do they want to spend more on mental health care? Obviously no to the last one.

I never hear a feasible answer to how you rewire an entire society if that is truly the problem and not guns.

It's not intended to have any solution, not even religious theocracy; efforts at trying to tie it to overt related policy pushes tend not to function. There's no real coherency in play, it's just deflection from gun regulation.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
I guess there's the "armed guards in every school" or "give teachers guns" suggestion but that doesn't really fit the feasibility requirement.

Metal detectors won't do poo poo, limiting the building to one entrance wouldn't either. Neither of these would have stopped the most recent school shooting.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Due to the political parties swapping identities since the Civil War, Lincoln was, quite literally, a Republican In Name Only.