Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

JackBandit posted:

What the hell is your avatar lol

The AliExpress thread is an all-timer comedy thread and a great place to get hog JO equipment!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Fun fact, Little Big Adventure is getting rebooted, also a special edition is planned for this month.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Chairchucker posted:

Fun fact, Little Big Adventure is getting rebooted, also a special edition is planned for this month.

Excellent news!

Manwall!
Dec 27, 2004
Manwall es victorioso!
I've been tying to figure this one out for a while. It was a browser based game, I'd say somewhere around 2000 - 2004. You started with two warriors, one man and one woman, as well as a small handful of dungeon parts and traps. You would build a dungeon, and try to get through other peoples' dungeons with your adventurers, using the treasure you found to buy more equipment for your adventurers and more parts for your dungeon. It was a 2-D side view. That's all I can remember.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
trying to find a game i asked for previously

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Is it ray man

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Do You Like Horny Bunnies

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I bet it was Return Fire.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Castle of the Winds

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Unless everyone knows :thatisthejoke: they probably posted that to use in-thread user filtering

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
So you're saying that it's not Do You Like Horny Bunnies?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

It was Crush Deluxe

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011
Hey man, I think it might be Decker

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Well, good luck

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

did you look behind the TV?

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Have you checked your butthole?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

sorry but all jokes stop being funny once I have repeated them

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
This is why I love the "Admire your posts" thing in the app.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zathril posted:

Hey man, I think it might be Decker

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I've got a tough one.

Before Super Smash Bros. Brawl, one other Nintendo Wii game used a Dual-Layer DVD. It was Japan-only and I believe it was weird. What was that game?

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Heran Bago posted:

I've got a tough one.

Before Super Smash Bros. Brawl, one other Nintendo Wii game used a Dual-Layer DVD. It was Japan-only and I believe it was weird. What was that game?

Miburi & Teburi?

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

The MAME Usenet group has informed me that all unknown games are R-Type.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Someone is posting about a game on twitter and its feeling awfully familiar

Vertical cabinet arcade game, not a shmup, but an action RPG, you fight enemies on foot, spells and swords and stuff. Had multiple playable characters, from the 90s.

Im sure I've read about it but the name is coming up blank

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Serperoth posted:

Vertical cabinet arcade game, not a shmup, but an action RPG, you fight enemies on foot, spells and swords and stuff. Had multiple playable characters, from the 90s.

Gauntlet?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

No, skinnier cabinet, and it wasn't warfare themed they say. Also in 2D, so more sprite based I'd think?

Edit: not Gate of Doom or Dark Seal either

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 10:44 on May 31, 2022

IYKK
Mar 13, 2006
Was it something like King of Dragons or one of the dungeon & dragons arcade games?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

IYKK posted:

Was it something like King of Dragons or one of the dungeon & dragons arcade games?

Those were all sidescrollers right? I believe this was more vertical

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I thought it was heavy on FMVs and weirder, but this could be it. Thanks.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Golden Axe had an arcade release, but I can't remember any multiple-character ARPGs that did vertical scrolling

Would be more helpful if you linked the actual tweet, probably!

stringless fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 31, 2022

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It's not Gain Ground, is it? I know it doesn't scroll vertically but hey, that could be one of those misremembered parts.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

FFT posted:

Golden Axe had an arcade release, but I can't remember any multiple-character ARPGs that did vertical scrolling

Would be more helpful if you linked the actual tweet, probably!

Oh whoop yeah good idea I didn't even think of that.

https://twitter.com/dreiko_2000/status/1531544063912050691

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Serperoth posted:

Oh whoop yeah good idea I didn't even think of that.

https://twitter.com/dreiko_2000/status/1531544063912050691

I found a couple potential hits from googling.

Gate of Doom

Or

Wizard Fire

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Serperoth posted:

I have also done some googling and I think it could be Gaiapolis, it has 3 selectable characters, one of which is a fairy.

Zathril fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 31, 2022

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Zathril posted:

I have also done some googling and I think it could be Gaiapolis, it has 3 selectable characters, one of which is a fairy.

If not Gaiaopolis then probably Dungeon Magic/Lightbringer.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Zathril posted:

You got it, it's Gaiapolis, thank you kindly

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Hello, I have three I'm looking for. I'm pretty sure all of these were on kickassgames back in the late 90's

1) A 2D ball rolling top down puzzle game. All I really remember is you controlled a ball in some kind of maze with puzzle elements. There was a custom maze maker so you could make your own mazes to run your ball through. Windows 3.1 pixel art.

2) Some kind of 2D top down exploration game. You played as Igor in Dr. Frankensteins castle I think? I only vaguely recall that being written in a pop-up before you could start playing. I don't even remember what you did other than move around. There might have been enemies?

3) This one is weird: an MSPaint-art adventure game. You started outside a castle and could get water from the moat, then multiple other rooms of puzzles, then you reach a black room with a dragon attacking you and you have to time moving across a platform to his fire breathe. I got to the room after that and it was a 5x5 grid of buttons that you had to push the correct passcode into.

Thank you for any time you spend looking into these. I never know where to start when I try and search.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

There is a tiny chance that the first one is Helious. I'm not going off much since I barely remember it but it's the first thing that comes to mind when I try to think of top down ball mazes.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

life_source posted:

1) A 2D ball rolling top down puzzle game. All I really remember is you controlled a ball in some kind of maze with puzzle elements. There was a custom maze maker so you could make your own mazes to run your ball through. Windows 3.1 pixel art.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollin_%28video_game%29

Rollin'?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Dip Viscous posted:

There is a tiny chance that the first one is Helious. I'm not going off much since I barely remember it but it's the first thing that comes to mind when I try to think of top down ball mazes.

No and no, unfortunately. Maybe saying it was 3.1 art was wrong. I'm remembering it has a 3.1 aesthetic but that might have just been because it was an old computer. It was closer to Chip's Challenge in graphics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

This looks like it could be it.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/oxyd-2/screenshots