Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

my bony fealty posted:

Manchin running for president would be incredible, I want that to happen so bad

You think he’d do well? Heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

mcmagic posted:

well he is a democrat and promises nothing good will ever happen

what are you gonna do, vote for the republicans?!?!?!

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Manchin talk has now made me curious about an alternate history run where Sherrod Brown also runs in 2020 and he's picked as the centrist voltron. Think that means its time to go to bed.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Joe "Crime Bill, Iraq War, Segregationist" Biden is the Democratic President of the United States

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
manchin sucks but have you seen the other guys (meaning the rest of the dem primary candidates)

oh well, time to vbnmw

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Biden is mad at his staff for not not giving him good messaging and he is saying that he keeps getting unlucky over and over.

https://twitter.com/AlexThomp/status/1531597761254154242

quote:

“He shares the view that we haven’t landed on a winning midterm message,” a third person close to the White House said of the president. “And he’s putting a lot of pressure on people to figure out what that is.”
“People confront him,” said a top Democratic donor who has witnessed such conversations at fundraisers. “All he’s hearing is ‘Why can’t you get anything done?’”

This article makes it clear as day that they will continue to focus on branding and marketing while doing absolutely nothing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pryor on Fire posted:

Biden is mad at his staff for not not giving him good messaging and he is saying that he keeps getting unlucky over and over.

This article makes it clear as day that they will continue to focus on branding and marketing while doing absolutely nothing.

https://twitter.com/Polly_inTexas/status/1531601764692156416

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i really like how the libs have pivoted to openly and unironically arguing that the main job of mass media is to help out their preferred political party. a nice dose of honesty at last

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cerebral Bore posted:

i really like how the libs have pivoted to openly and unironically arguing that the main job of mass media is to help out their preferred political party. a nice dose of honesty at last

Remember, under trump this was fascism

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I guess all the staffers are mad and leaking/quitting at the same time

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1531598908304015360

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/bidonkules/status/1531601646169509891?s=20

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Zerilan posted:

It also went for Carter over Reagan, Dukakis over HW, and went for Clinton both times, and Gore lost it by less than he lost VA or NC. That WV is considered a deep red state now is entirely on the post-Reagan era Dems completely failing the working class at every turn.

Bill Clinton might have been a worse president than Reagan. He's an all around piece of poo poo and I'm glad his dumbass wife lost.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

spacemang_spliff posted:

Bill Clinton might have been a worse president than Reagan. He's an all around piece of poo poo and I'm glad his dumbass wife lost.

Every crisis we have today has a photo of Bill Clinton smiling as he signs it into law

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pryor on Fire posted:

I guess all the staffers are mad and leaking/quitting at the same time

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1531598908304015360

https://twitter.com/CovertGoat/status/1531600241568325634

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
why won't you people be grateful for what you're given?!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

Every crisis we have today has a photo of Bill Clinton smiling as he signs it into law

billclinton_ogling_arianagrande.gif

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Joey crack corn but i don't care

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/davidgura/status/1531470994304651266?s=20&t=0bAbWGkVYfh7dzmSpkiDIA

https://twitter.com/NPRinskeep/status/1531592117776265220?s=20&t=0bAbWGkVYfh7dzmSpkiDIA

stealing from doomsday economics thread but uncle sam isnt even smithing anything? lol

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

lol it's 2016 hillary if she had won

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Pryor on Fire posted:

loving lmao

quote:

Biden himself thought up the phrase “Ultra MAGA,” which he and other Democrats have started using in hope of drawing a clear contrast with Trump’s movement.

The phrase tested well in polling reviewed by the White House, but it also had the unintended effect of firing up the Trump faithful. Merchandisers have found a hot market for “Ultra MAGA” T-shirts.

This is one of those articles that appears to have been written sympathetically but has the opposite effect on readers to what the author intended, Biden really loving does come across as doddering and not on top of things.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

Clinton's crimes are worse than Reagan because Clinton intentionally undermined what was meant to be the opposition to people like Reagan. So not only did Clinton do a bunch of neolib poo poo that is still destroying the nation and world today, but he also formalized the process of making sure nobody could stop it even if they wanted to do so.

To use a car analogy, who is worse: the guy pushing the accelerator as the car veers off the cliff or the guy who cut the brakes (and is also pushing the accelerator)?

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
also if Clinton didn’t exist neither would Hillary and that means a competent white person buries Obama in 2008 on top of trump losing 2016

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Nix Panicus posted:

Clinton's crimes are worse than Reagan because Clinton intentionally undermined what was meant to be the opposition to people like Reagan. So not only did Clinton do a bunch of neolib poo poo that is still destroying the nation and world today, but he also formalized the process of making sure nobody could stop it even if they wanted to do so.

To use a car analogy, who is worse: the guy pushing the accelerator as the car veers off the cliff or the guy who cut the brakes (and is also pushing the accelerator)?

The Republicans break precedent

The Democrats consummate it

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

loving lmao

This is one of those articles that appears to have been written sympathetically but has the opposite effect on readers to what the author intended, Biden really loving does come across as doddering and not on top of things.

And the dem voting public chose this gooner

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Nix Panicus posted:

and the entire party line was that biden could only make things better, not stand as an example that democrats will try to follow for the rest of our lives since they know they can get away with absolute corporate garbage as long as they keep propping up the worst opponents and pointing to them screaming REPUBLICANS ARE WORSE VOTE FOR US OR YOU'RE BIGOTS

but they voted for him anyway and are still pretending it wasn't endorsing biden and his garbage politics as the most progressive thing you'll see ever again

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

It doesn't matter if you're actually doing anything at work, it just matters that you're at work. Even if you're done for the day, you can't go home. That's the American way. A good cartoon.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pistol_Pete posted:

loving lmao

this article owns lol

quote:

Beyond policy, Biden is unhappy about a pattern that has developed inside the West Wing. He makes a clear and succinct statement — only to have aides rush to explain that he actually meant something else. The so-called clean-up campaign, he has told advisers, undermines him and smothers the authenticity that fueled his rise. Worse, it feeds a Republican talking point that he’s not fully in command.

The issue came to a head when Biden ad-libbed during a speech in Poland that Russian President Vladimir Putin “cannot remain in power.” Within minutes, Biden’s aides tried to walk back his comments, saying he hadn’t called for Putin’s removal and that U.S. policy was unchanged. Biden was furious that his remarks were being seen as unreliable, arguing that he speaks genuinely and reminding his staff that he’s the one who is president.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol he thinks that anyone wants the authentic biden. the only person who likes authentic biden is apparently bernie.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
"I'm the President here and don't you folks ever forget it!" Biden petulently quavers at his assembled aides, most of whom are looking at their phones while he speaks.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
also, i like how the article ends

quote:

“We’re on a track — a losing track,” Faiz Shakir, a senior adviser to Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, said of the Democrats.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Once you've embraced the idea that "saving democracy" requires perpetual one party rule the rest comes easily.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Rubellavator posted:

lol it's 2016 hillary if she had won

It really is. And only one person can set this right... We need :abuela: v :chaostrump: 2024.

This person apparently thinks life works like The Sims, and you can get a promotion from staffer to become Secretrary of Defense.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

fits my needs posted:

also, i like how the article ends

maybe bernie shouldn't have refused to attack his best friend, a literal rapist???

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
breaking news: pig with lipstick on blames person who applied the lipstick for everything.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Nix Panicus posted:

There's a family guy bit that's just a handjob to Bill Clinton from the writers who include "he got millions off of welfare" which he accomplished by gutting welfare.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

docbeard posted:

Once you've embraced the idea that "saving democracy" requires perpetual one party rule the rest comes easily.

Democracy is when you have one party with tightly controlled primaries in charge because every other party is crazy.

Also Cuba is undemocratic because they only have one party!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

There's a family guy bit that's just a handjob to Bill Clinton from the writers who include "he got millions off of welfare" which he accomplished by gutting welfare.

I’m sure it’s not quite what the writers intended, but remember Lois’s background for that bit

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lmao

https://twitter.com/herosnvrdie69/status/1531313768633868288

lmfao

https://twitter.com/leftistbeard/status/1531412539266850817

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

hobbesmaster posted:

I’m sure it’s not quite what the writers intended, but remember Lois’s background for that bit

lol poo poo you're right