Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Mega64 posted:

Antonio Brown is giving up the NFL to follow his dream of joining the circus.

do not besmirch the circus like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

a patagonian cavy posted:

do not besmirch the circus like this

oh yea i had forgotten about that

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Thanks Mike Florio, very cool!

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1531049886019465217

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Why did the Browns sign David Njoku to a four-year $56.75M contract extension?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Did not enough people read his article about how the Bengals are totally going to trade Burrow to the Dolphins any day now?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the reason that didn't go through is because the bengals weren't smart enough to know they received an offer they can't refuse

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

...alright.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Florio still butthurt about getting dragged for his lovely cooking.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I grilled a steak without issues today, making be better than florio.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Why did the Browns sign David Njoku to a four-year $56.75M contract extension?

He was their leading receiver last year (no great fear but whatever) and they cut the other TE that was getting paid. Also Stefanski loves a TE

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 30, 2022

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Thaddius the Large posted:

Hardly the point but is it normal to not use collars or any kind of clip for the plates? Warming up is one thing but I’d have thought it kind of hazardous once you’re at higher loads to forego them, if not for you then the stage and other people around

For someone like him? Yeah. That guys not gonna miss a lift, or tilt in any direction.

Also at that level the clips weight 2.5 kilo and are factored in.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

What does this even mean? This is Jordan Peterson-level faux profound gibberish.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What does this even mean? This is Jordan Peterson-level faux profound gibberish.

My guess it he’s either ranting about Costco hotdogs or Memorial Day cookouts. Either way the question of Why remains just as elusive.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Better not be trash talking the 100% all beef hot dog with 20 oz fountain drink (1 free refill) for $1.50

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yes that delicious meal is still only $1.50 even in this economy. I dare you to find a better value, it cannot be done.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Drunk man is sad.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He’s been hitting the bourbon pretty hard for a while. That’s why that tweet exists.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1531338193441890304

https://twitter.com/jalenreagor/status/1531327563485917185?t=YpcozWpV0Gnb_pw_nF522Q&s=19

Christ, just horrible

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

:smith:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

And yet….

https://twitter.com/jaseinthehole/status/1531647718652841984?s=21&t=hYB9jscTkpI18VWrGtoUwA

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Miguel Ángel Ramírez sucks rear end so at least on that he's right

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hallelujah!

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNFL/status/1531674041970565120

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

:hellyeah:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Greg Olsen seems fine and good and really wanted this job and worked for it, which is very cool.

But it strikes me that we're doing this business all wrong when a guy who is just barely retired is going to be your top announcer. While someone poached Troy Aikman to the tune of a billion dollars or whatever to mutter about things incoherently every week.

Like, it just seems as though maybe you can find new, exciting or at least not antagonistically dumb guys and don't need to stick with these horrible announcers who make you search for the mute button constantly.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Grittybeard posted:

Greg Olsen seems fine and good and really wanted this job and worked for it, which is very cool.

But it strikes me that we're doing this business all wrong when a guy who is just barely retired is going to be your top announcer. While someone poached Troy Aikman to the tune of a billion dollars or whatever to mutter about things incoherently every week.

Like, it just seems as though maybe you can find new, exciting or at least not antagonistically dumb guys and don't need to stick with these horrible announcers who make you search for the mute button constantly.

For every Tony Romo there's dozens of Boom goes the dynamite.

It's a rough gig.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grittybeard posted:

None of it has ever made sense. TV executives think the way you add prestige to a football broadcast is with big names, but no viewer is tuning in because of the commentators - they're completely irrelevant to the draw of the product. So why are they spending this money??? Do they literally think more people are going to watch MNF because of Aikman and Buck? All viewers care about is the game.

Get rid of all the Aikman's and just fill the booths with Tirico's.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
The way I’ve heard it explained is that the viewer isn’t the customer for the NFL, the networks are.

And the networks care a lot about who is on the broadcast team. Joe Buck’s move especially changed around a lot of scheduling and caused networks to shuffle and trade around entire week calendars of programming.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Penisaurus Sex posted:

The way I’ve heard it explained is that the viewer isn’t the customer for the NFL, the networks are.

And the networks care a lot about who is on the broadcast team. Joe Buck’s move especially changed around a lot of scheduling and caused networks to shuffle and trade around entire week calendars of programming.

The networks are the ones hiring the broadcast team, not the NFL.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've heard people list the broadcaster as a primary draw for an NFL game, I've just never heard anybody under 50 say it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Terrible all around.

Also you don't "pass away" from being in a violent car crash. That's pretty much the opposite of what "passing away" means.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Looks like Suh isn't coming back.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1531692888664457217?s=20&t=F2qaUnUM8MqsjwbNiXPK9w

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Let Kevin Harlan call all the games at once

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure how this all really affects anything but if it ends up with me never hearing Joe Buck utter another word it's good and pure

edit: or Troy

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I never minded Buck/Aikman tbh

drat. I expected it though.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hicks isn’t Suh but he’s also 3 years younger and Suh probably wanted similar money.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Man Mike Greenberg really is everywhere

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I've heard people list the broadcaster as a primary draw for an NFL game, I've just never heard anybody under 50 say it.

I've heard lots of people turn to a different game because they hate the announcer, but usually for non-NFL games where the stream/broadcast might be getting the local homer team but fewer turn TO a game they wouldn't watch otherwise because they love the announcers.

Actually, does picking the Manning cast over the regular announcers count? It's technically watching for the broadcast team, but I'd probably have the regular game on anyways.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

I never minded Buck/Aikman tbh

I never minded Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth. At least they have emotional range. Some of the biggest plays in the game have Joe Buck just stating the obvious with no inflection whatsoever it ruins big moments

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's just a shame the TV and radio broadcast are usually wildly out of sync cuz I would love to mute the TV and play the local radio coverage of the game. Lap...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

kiimo posted:

I never minded Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth. At least they have emotional range. Some of the biggest plays in the game have Joe Buck just stating the obvious with no inflection whatsoever it ruins big moments

Yeah I hear you there @ Buck. I don’t mind Michaels and Collinsworth either. Honestly I never really understood the hate for Collinsworth in general. I agreed with it for a bit and then realized I was just always happy to hear him on a game.