Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Does "until 2024" just mean he signed for another year?

Two year extension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ja_raul
May 1, 2005

smackfu posted:

Two year extension.

2 more years for the #2 driver.

Pipe dream grid shakeup for 25/26

Alpine: Gasly/Ocon
Failrari: who cares
Merc: Norris/Russell
RB: Frogboy/Schumacher
That's all I got so far but I'm really proud of grouping the French together.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Watched my first MotoGP race, and know nothing about it. That being said, my new favorite rider is Aleix Espargaro simply for the reason that when the announcers say his name it sounds like "Hellacious Bargaro", and I think that's hilarious because I'm 14.

Was a fun watch; I'd do it again.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I very much enjoyed Horner begrudgingly giving Checo congrats over the radio, sounded like someone had a gun to his head

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Hmmm.. might have to shift checo into the "notagoodlad" section of my F1drivers.txt file if he's committing that many years to the baddies.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I very much enjoyed Horner begrudgingly giving Checo congrats over the radio, sounded like someone had a gun to his head
He sounded more excited than the engineer at least. RBR must be a soul sucking place to work

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
lol
https://es.pn/3NPx0aJ

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

lol, what a crying pissbaby

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
Hmm do we have any insulting comedy names for Jos, in the vein of poois shamilton

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The blog post also says:

quote:

I would have liked them to go for Max, but of course I am not entirely objective. I think ten points from Max have been thrown away here. Especially with the two retirements we've had, we need every point. Don't forget that Ferrari currently has a better car, especially in qualifying.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

smackfu posted:

The blog post also says:

"We" lol.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Jesus what a couple crybabies

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I am now rooting for a checo wdc

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Checo WDC 2022

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Bloody Pom posted:

Checo's only 15 points off Max in the WDC. Sure would be a shame if Max were to suffer an unfortunate accident at Baku like he did last year...

Now add back the points the SC at Jeddah and the team at Barcelona took off him...

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

The Lance Stroll of the ‘90s pipes up

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Diorama posted:

Hmm do we have any insulting comedy names for Jos, in the vein of poois shamilton

Toss Shitcrappen

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
checo wdc 2022

immediately afterwards: checo and nico replace brundle and croft for commentary

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Diorama posted:

idk how much comedic name headroom there is above "jos verstappen" because he's constantly being a fluffer for his son

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Imagine feeling aggrieved after race control handed you a WDC.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

LeeMajors posted:

As an american I assure you this is mild as far as "gifted everything but still feels slighted" goes.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

Imagine thinking the F1 tabloids even vaguely reflect what was actually said, to say nothing of twisting intent lmao

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

ja_raul posted:

Hamilton to Ferrari to make racist Tifosi explode like a robot in Star Trek when given a logical paradox. Also because red would suit him.

Checo WDC 2022, by the way.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

Imagine thinking the F1 tabloids even vaguely reflect what was actually said, to say nothing of twisting intent lmao

Imagine thinking you need to twist Jos' words to make him sound bad

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

ja_raul posted:

2 problems with this list

1) It should be Russell / Norris not Norris / Russell.
2) The only Schumacher qualified to drive in F1 is a vegetable.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

smackfu posted:

The blog post also says:

Lol. Ferrari can take better corners but once the RB hits a straight it turns into a dragster.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Congrats to Checo - extension was long overdue.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Arc Hammer posted:

Lol. Ferrari can take better corners but once the RB hits a straight it turns into a dragster.

Yeah, Monaco was tailor made for Ferrari to go 1/2 and the hosed it up spectacularly.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Nobody likes Jos. And he is very much gloryhunting with his son since his own career was a joke.

Anyway Checo <3

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Pearnicious posted:

Watched my first MotoGP race, and know nothing about it. That being said, my new favorite rider is Aleix Espargaro simply for the reason that when the announcers say his name it sounds like "Hellacious Bargaro", and I think that's hilarious because I'm 14.

Was a fun watch; I'd do it again.

Welcome to a series with actual racing in it. Check out MotoGP unlimited on Prime Video which follows last season, in a not very dramatic fashion (so not at all like DTS).

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

lol

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Cimber posted:

HALF of McLaren is doing great.

Zak Brown is doing great
Andreas Seidl is doing great
Lando Norris is doing great

All of McLaren is doing great.

daslog posted:

Mick needs to go. He has a good last name and not much talent.
Danny needs to go. He's been mailing in the effort this year.
Everyone associated with Aston Martin needs to go.
Latifi never should have been here in the first place.
I think Mick is fine tbh. He's cursed with his name so the expectations of him are really high, but if you think about this as his rookie year in F1 (which you kind of can given that last year's Haas was basically a bigger F2 car), then he's doing fine.

Danny's problem is that he's a very "seat of the pants driver" and has only ever been successful in cars with a ton of downforce that have very sharp handling. The Renault wasn't like that (when it wasn't on fire), and the McLaren isn't like that. For Danny to be successful he has to put the work in to look at the data and start adapting his driving style. That's probably never going to happen because he seems to be thick as pig poo poo. So yeah McLaren should bin him and get Pato O'Ward, or make a deal with Alpine and get Piastri or something.

Good parts of Aston Martin:
- Seb
- The livery
- Their constant cheating hijinks

If Latifi goes, who will pay Rebus's salary?

Checo WDC 2022

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Zedd posted:

Nobody likes Jos. And he is very much gloryhunting with his son since his own career was a joke.

Anyway Checo <3

And you know that no one reads Jos’s blog on Max’s website unless people link to it. I’m surprised it’s not 100% clickbait.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

For the criticism that Ricciardo gets (and deserves), I can't help but remember that he won a race when he had the chance, whereas Lando choked it away beyond belief. It's obvious that he needs to improve but it's equally obvious that it's valuable to have a more experienced driver on the team. I'm not sure I'd be super confident in a driver pairing of Lando and Piastri, or especially Lando and O'Ward (he's super good but I am very wary of people coming straight from IndyCar), until Lando is a little more mature. What I'm saying is that they should bring back Alonso.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

your friend wicka posted:

What I'm saying is that they should bring back Alonso.

:sickos:

I know he won't do it, but what a dream!

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Checo is the people’s champion

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMN1t6j4U/?k=1

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hell yeah Checo if I won the last Monaco GP ever I'd get shitfaced too.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

ethanol posted:

I can’t believe this sport will be bad for 4 more years until vw joins and then will still be bad

Going to be even worse with Audi/Porsche OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Monaco can gtfo

Is there a second track in Japan they can race on?

Alternatively replace with Mugello.

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 31, 2022