Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

What if the Avs simply... don't play Jack Johnson? Has anyone tried this before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

eXXon posted:

What if the Avs simply... don't play Jack Johnson? Has anyone tried this before?

Both teams should just dress 18 forwards.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
utterly sad that the rangers are the team with the best jerseys left in the postseason. i hate all these teams and they don't even have the decency to look cool on my tv

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

eXXon posted:

Well, you see, if they don't play Jack Johnson, then they will have to play Jack Johnson, instead.

That is the mind control loop that he has put them under

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

eXXon posted:

Next up for them is Ryan Murray and I don't think that's any sort of improvement.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

whatis posted:

utterly sad that the rangers are the team with the best jerseys left in the postseason. i hate all these teams and they don't even have the decency to look cool on my tv

I'm glad the Canes lost. Those black 3rds are loving awful. Not sure if worse than whatever the oilers are wearing but yeah.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Those aren't 3rds anymore, that is their default home jersey. It's bad but not nearly as awful as those Oilers jerseys.

The Canes used to have some of the sweetest uniforms in hockey and now they've completely loving ruined it by tossing them in favor of boring black home jerseys and boring white away jerseys with the diagonal C A N E S and it would be enough to make me hate them even without the DeAngelo thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They lured DeAngelo in by telling him they were going to start using canes on the blacks.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
https://mobile.twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1531464187624529920

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

I laughed pretty hard when I was watching. Ray Ferraro is the best in the business.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Haha this was an egregious “what the gently caress are you doing here” moment on Jaccob Slavin, they showed the replay like 6 times after the goal and it got funnier and funnier

Just absolutely no urgency down 3 goals 11 minutes left, lemme just stickhandle the puck against the boards at a standstill in our zone while our forward gets a little speed goi-oops

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Lightning are going to wear their Stadium Series whites on the road and black at home just to make the whole ugly uniform thing even worse.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Blue pants Avs are starting to grow on me

it's at least a unique combination

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Tampa has enjoyed a week off to recuperate vs.a rangers team that has played 14 games already this post season.

When was the last time someone won the cup playing all possible games?

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
I will never cheer for a NYC team unless they're playing a Boston team. Maybe an LA team, but that's kind of a coin flip. It's annoying that Tampa is primed to go to the finals again but they're still the lesser of two evils.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

FunOne posted:

Tampa has enjoyed a week off to recuperate vs.a rangers team that has played 14 games already this post season.

Going purely by memory, one team has made it going 7-7-7-6, but nobody has won playing the max

e: the 2014 Kings won playing 7-7-7-5, and the 2019 Blues went 6-7-6-7.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

FunOne posted:

Never

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FunOne posted:

Plenty of time for them to have forgotten how to play hockey.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
In 2014 the Kings won their first three series in 7 games but then beat the Rangers in 5 in the finals

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Blue pants Avs are starting to grow on me

it's at least a unique combination

I like the lighter blue numbers they've had in recent years. Slight change=big improvement.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

I like the lighter blue numbers they've had in recent years. Slight change=big improvement.
Hah, those particularly bug me because they don't match the other blue.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

whatis posted:

I will never cheer for a NYC team unless they're playing a Boston team. Maybe an LA team, but that's kind of a coin flip. It's annoying that Tampa is primed to go to the finals again but they're still the lesser of two evils.

I grew up in New Jersey, have an older brother that I dislike who is a Rangers fan, and have personally watched the Rangers eliminate my Capitals from the playoffs three different seasons during their prime. To say that I have no love for the Rangers is an understatement.

In terms of narrative, karma/justice, player personalities, entertainment value... The Rangers are the lesser of two evils and it's not even close.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

FunOne posted:

2011 Boston went to 7 in the first, third, and SCF. They swept the Flyers in the second. Pretty close though. At the time they were the first team to ever win three game sevens en route to a Cup.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Ginette Reno posted:

In 2014 the Kings won their first three series in 7 games but then beat the Rangers in 5 in the finals

Rangers also went 7-7-6 that year

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

FunOne posted:

Beat already, but the kings came pretty close! Here's a vid that mentions it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yCjSouSG3M

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

Ginette Reno posted:

Still cannot believe they won 3 Game 7s on the road

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Well the WCF is off to a delightful start.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Hand Knit posted:

Well the WCF is off to a delightful start.

Insanity. I hope it keeps up.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
It honestly sucks that Toronto poo poo the bed that night.

Florida - Toronto would have been insane.

CobwebMustardseed
Apr 8, 2011

And some said he would just be a shell of his former self upon his return.

whatis posted:

I'm learning that this is maybe an unpopular opinion, but I love the dark blue and neon orange Oilers jerseys. I think they look cool as hell. The Canes black uniforms look terrible, but something about the navy and orange really works. Every time I see it I like it more.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

CobwebMustardseed posted:

I'm learning that this is maybe an unpopular opinion, but I love the dark blue and neon orange Oilers jerseys. I think they look cool as hell. The Canes black uniforms look terrible, but something about the navy and orange really works. Every time I see it I like it more.

Those kick rear end imo

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

:same:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Avs fun and good

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

It feels weird to say a goalie played well, when they gave up 3 goals in half a game of hockey. But drat, Frankie played pretty well :shobon:

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
I'm glad Edmonton lost, but that was another awful game of pre-season quality hockey.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm just going to lol at the NHL allowing crossing the blue line with possession during a delayed offside but only if you push the puck over the line and keep your stick off to the side for a split second, just so they can call a goal like Makar's good while dozens of practically identical situations are blown dead.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

My opinion: I hate em.

Dark jerseys are just so boring on an all white playing surface. And the Oilers have such a great classic look they're always trying to move away from. Maybe afraid of being confused with the Islanders or something?

That orange third they had before the switch to Adidas was great, I wish they went with that. Hell, their reverse retros were one of the best for being a legit hockey uniform.

I don't get the Oilers.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Dark jerseys are just so boring on an all white playing surface. And the Oilers have such a great classic look they're always trying to move away from. Maybe afraid of being confused with the Islanders or something?

Im starting to think it's this. A little bit of overthinking when it comes to the jersies.

Just play in Orange, tbh

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
New York/Tampa waltzing over to follow up Colorado/Edmonton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

eXXon posted:

I'm just going to lol at the NHL allowing crossing the blue line with possession during a delayed offside but only if you push the puck over the line and keep your stick off to the side for a split second, just so they can call a goal like Makar's good while dozens of practically identical situations are blown dead.

This isn’t the first time I can even recall this happening. I can remember one with Minnesota a handful of years ago against Washington, and there was one with the Islanders that I can remember too. All that matters is you don’t touch the puck until after the touch up. It’s been like this for a good number of years and while there will be moaning about it, they got it factually correct here.